What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (2 Viewers)

This is his year.  All of his wrs back.  Kevin White looks dynamite.  OL and defense much improved.  Will be best year of Cutler's career.  Mark it down. 
I could see that. Of the QBs currently being drafted outside of the Top 15, he's someone I could see finishing inside the Top 10.

The last time he finished inside the top 10 was 2008. That was also the last time he actually finished above his ADP. I am sure he will have yet another round of excuses why he finished no better than his ADP just like every other year. His ADP as of now is QB#23, btw.

"He just does."

Looked solid tonight and like a different qb like he did last year.  No bad passes.  No risks.  Confident.  Leading the team. 

First 10 NFL Seasons:

John Elway: 30,216 YDS, 158 TD, 157 INT.

Jay Cutler: 31,408 YDS, 189 TD, 133 INT.
While that is interesting information--that really does not paint a complete picture at all.  First of all--completely different eras.  Secondly, Elway had 4 of his best 5 years in regards to passing yards after his 10th season.  If you look at Elways career--he only threw for over 4000 yards for only one season. He did have 3970 one other time--so if you want to call it twice--I wouldn't argue too hard.  To put that in perspective--last season 9 qbs threw for 3970+ yards--including Ryan Tannehill and Derek Carr.    With that being said--I actually think Cutler will have a decent year and is probably a value where he's getting drafted (if at all) in fantasy leagues.  I just don't think the comparison to Elway really carries much merit.   Elway relative to his era was far more relevant than Cutler relative to his.  

Bears OC Dowell Loggains said the team will use a "game-plan based" offense.

"I’ve never said [run first] — other people have said that," Loggains said. "There’s going to be games where we think it’s going to be advantageous to throw 40 times." This is good news for Jay Cutler, who averaged just 32 attempts per game last season and even fewer down the stretch. If he gets more opportunities to throw this year, Cutler will have streamer appeal in good matchups. This week against the Texans is not one of them.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

If they decide they've seen enough, the Bears could make some interesting moves with Cutler.

After this season they can get out of his contract with 2 Mil dead money or pay him 15 Mil (12.5 base + 2.5 roster).

Heck, they might be able to trade that contract. That's less than some mediocre QB are finding on the open market.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/jay-cutler-2493/

(The minor problem is that you would then have to be able to find a QB who could play.)

Ligament damage in his thumb from the Texans game and getting straight abused because of his OL.  Of course that will go unmentioned by idiots like Dilfer and Young,  who everyone seems to listen to. 

Elway a leader

Cutler loser
So their situations were very similar.  Both had good coaching? Teams were very similar?  Kinda difficult to compare anyone when they're in two totally different situations don't you think?  Or are you just repeating what you hear on TV,  too? 

Fox on Jay Cutler's health: "We are waiting on the medical people. He's getting closer." #Bears

NOW Fox finally gives a comment on Cutler status.  Guy is such a liar.  Preferred Hoyer over Cutler.  That's scary.  Team has been awful 

Users who are viewing this thread