What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the best mattress? (1 Viewer)

Trying to decide between NovaForm Deluxe Comfort and Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance. Any thoughts/advice here?Am I going to regret not buying a Tempurpedic?
If you're going from a spring mattress like the Simmons one you have to a memory/gel memory foam mattress, there will be an adjustment period. How long this is depends but to get the true comfort you have to break the thing in which is why Tempurpedic offers the 90 day warranty. They are counting on you having separated the foam cells so air can pass through and give you the feel that the product was intended to give. I've been in the industry for a few years now. I would put the SI products up against the Tempurpedics any day of the week. Tempurpedic doesn't fuss with their products too much so with that $2K - $5K price tag you are paying for their marketing and advertisement. The marketplace is very competitive and we're consistently beat down marginwise so more often than not you're getting a good deal.Unfortunately, SI's offerings, while offered at very reputable retailers like Sam's, Amazon.com, and Costco, are not in a showroom so you can't try them out. What I would do is go to a showroom, lay on some Tempurpedics, and look at the info with your favorite mattress. Then you can go to Amazon or Costco.com and compare the foam buildup to find a similar SI model and in the process save yourself up to a grand or more. These mattresses come vacuum sealed in a box and are very convenient to have delivered. Do you like a firm or a soft mattress? My wife and I have been sleeping in the Novaform Pure Comfort Gel 12" mattress for almost 2 years now. It's on the firm side but we both love it.
Thanks for the response! I am switching from a spring with a memory foam layer on top (Beautyrest Black). I would say we prefer something in the middle. Not super firm, but not something we will ever have to worry about sinking into. We went to a showroom and tried the Tempurpedic, and liked several of them (Rhapsody, Cloud, Contour) tremendously, but as I'm sure you know, the prices are very high for those models. Are either of those (Novaform Deluxe Comfort and/or Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance) similar in style to the Rhapsody or Cloud Tempurpedics?
I don't know Tempur's exact foam makeup, but it looks like the Novaform Deluxe Comfort compares with the Cloud, and the Grand Elegance (SI doesn't have a Supreme Elegance) compares to the Rhapsody. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
bananafish and Binky: Thanks. Happy to help. Unhappy that I just buy the exciting materials used to make these products and do not get commission. :)

Trying to decide between NovaForm Deluxe Comfort and Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance. Any thoughts/advice here?Am I going to regret not buying a Tempurpedic?
If you're going from a spring mattress like the Simmons one you have to a memory/gel memory foam mattress, there will be an adjustment period. How long this is depends but to get the true comfort you have to break the thing in which is why Tempurpedic offers the 90 day warranty. They are counting on you having separated the foam cells so air can pass through and give you the feel that the product was intended to give. I've been in the industry for a few years now. I would put the SI products up against the Tempurpedics any day of the week. Tempurpedic doesn't fuss with their products too much so with that $2K - $5K price tag you are paying for their marketing and advertisement. The marketplace is very competitive and we're consistently beat down marginwise so more often than not you're getting a good deal.Unfortunately, SI's offerings, while offered at very reputable retailers like Sam's, Amazon.com, and Costco, are not in a showroom so you can't try them out. What I would do is go to a showroom, lay on some Tempurpedics, and look at the info with your favorite mattress. Then you can go to Amazon or Costco.com and compare the foam buildup to find a similar SI model and in the process save yourself up to a grand or more. These mattresses come vacuum sealed in a box and are very convenient to have delivered. Do you like a firm or a soft mattress? My wife and I have been sleeping in the Novaform Pure Comfort Gel 12" mattress for almost 2 years now. It's on the firm side but we both love it.
Thanks for the response! I am switching from a spring with a memory foam layer on top (Beautyrest Black). I would say we prefer something in the middle. Not super firm, but not something we will ever have to worry about sinking into. We went to a showroom and tried the Tempurpedic, and liked several of them (Rhapsody, Cloud, Contour) tremendously, but as I'm sure you know, the prices are very high for those models. Are either of those (Novaform Deluxe Comfort and/or Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance) similar in style to the Rhapsody or Cloud Tempurpedics?
I don't know Tempur's exact foam makeup, but it looks like the Novaform Deluxe Comfort compares with the Cloud, and the Grand Elegance (SI doesn't have a Supreme Elegance) compares to the Rhapsody. Good luck!
Thank you sir, just placed an order for the Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance (seems to be the same as the Grand Elegance) on Amazon. Not sure why places insist on renaming every mattress. Probably so it's tough to compare prices. Will provide updates. Can't wait to get rid of the Simmons. It's to the point where I'm traveling this week for work and I look forward to not sleeping on that POS.

So if i wanted to get a non foam mattress, what are the best options?
I'm going to buy one from the Original Mattress Factory later today. Per Consumer Reports, they are #1 in customer satisfaction store rating, and in brand they are #2 behind Tempur-pedic (but at 1/3 of the cost). Their mid-line Regency model with box spring (Queen size, two-sided design) is about $600, with a non-prorated (i.e., full replacement) 10 year warranty. It felt pretty good the other day, so I'm going back for confirmation and making the buy. The top line Orthopedic model really didn't feel any different to me. Their Classic model is cheaper, but doesn't feel as good and the construction also didn't seem as good as the Regency model (plus the warranty is pro-rated, confirming the construction isn't nearly as good).Edit to Add: Purchase is done. Delivery on Thursday.

6 weeks in to our Sleep Innovations 12" Sure Temp memory foam mattress. Got it for $399 through Amazon.

The first few days, it took some getting used to. Now I love it. It seems to sleep warmer, but that honestly could be because (duh) its the warm time of year. Sex is still great.

Thanks NJDawg for your help. :thumbup:

With this thread read, I felt confident enough to roll the dice on a new SI mattress (12" queen) at Costco for about $350 (it was a "sale" price). After a couple of nights sleep, it's different but I already like it better than our last one. My wife doesn't have any complaints as far as I know, but if there is the return policy is great. Thanks for the info here DawgPound.

gel infused memory foam mattresses? Like the Serta Iseries or Bed in a Box.......how do these compare to sleep innovations?

The wife and I are gonna be getting a new bed. Sorry if this as been covered, but are the memory foams hotter? I sleep hot and cant stand being hot in bed.

The wife and I are gonna be getting a new bed. Sorry if this as been covered, but are the memory foams hotter? I sleep hot and cant stand being hot in bed.
I think there are mixed results. The theory is because you tend to sleep down in the foam that there is not much room for air movement and thus you will be hotter. I think Sealy has added a gel pad on top of the memory foam to help remove heat. With latex foam, you tend to sleep more on top of the foam.

I think there are mixed results. The theory is because you tend to sleep down in the foam that there is not much room for air movement and thus you will be hotter. I think Sealy has added a gel pad on top of the memory foam to help remove heat. With latex foam, you tend to sleep more on top of the foam.
Yea, that's my fear. I haven't sleept on a new one, but all the ghetto attempts at early foam mattresses,, 10+ years ago, I could not stand. Literally sweating trying to sleep, useless.

Thank you sir, just placed an order for the Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance (seems to be the same as the Grand Elegance) on Amazon. Not sure why places insist on renaming every mattress. Probably so it's tough to compare prices. Will provide updates. Can't wait to get rid of the Simmons. It's to the point where I'm traveling this week for work and I look forward to not sleeping on that POS.
First impressions after 1 week:My back feels way better and I am sleeping much better (other than my 7 month old son interrupting me). It does have a "hotter" feel so far, and I am a little worried when summer comes. I sleep on my side and the side I sleep on does feel warm against the foam. Sleeping better for sure so thats a great start. We'll see.

Long thread to sort through, but has anyone covered sheets, pillows and pillowcases yet? We're looking for high thread count sheets and wonder what everyone is using. We like our mattress and box springs.

I just bought this to set on top of my sleep number bed. Was going to get a whole new mattress but figured most are 5 inches of base and 3 inches of actual memory foam anyways. Only had it for 3 nights, but I am waking up 2-3 hours earlier than normal each day and have WAY more energy than I am used to. I also cannot remember tossing/turning like i was on my sleep number. Totally worth it so far.

I just bought this to set on top of my sleep number bed. Was going to get a whole new mattress but figured most are 5 inches of base and 3 inches of actual memory foam anyways. Only had it for 3 nights, but I am waking up 2-3 hours earlier than normal each day and have WAY more energy than I am used to. I also cannot remember tossing/turning like i was on my sleep number. Totally worth it so far.
Shouldn't you not have to buy anything to stick on top of a $3000 bed?We started our search today with a trip to Sleep Number. Their walkthrough was impressive; but I wasn't blown away. We had the same 'number', which means we don't really need the two sided concept. The I8 felt nice and cool but it was like $4k. Not sure where we're going next; probably Tempurpedic and maybe Sealy or Serta. Someone told me about the Westin Heavenly Bed, and also beds amde directly for the Wynn. Just about every brand has some fabulously satisfied customers, along with some disgruntled ones; online. Hard to get a feel for a favorite. I guess we'll just hit a few more places and go by feel.....

Shouldn't you not have to buy anything to stick on top of a $3000 bed?We started our search today with a trip to Sleep Number. Their walkthrough was impressive; but I wasn't blown away. We had the same 'number', which means we don't really need the two sided concept. The I8 felt nice and cool but it was like $4k. Not sure where we're going next; probably Tempurpedic and maybe Sealy or Serta. Someone told me about the Westin Heavenly Bed, and also beds amde directly for the Wynn. Just about every brand has some fabulously satisfied customers, along with some disgruntled ones; online. Hard to get a feel for a favorite. I guess we'll just hit a few more places and go by feel.....
In case you haven't read the rest of the thread, but FBGs are very happy with these two Sleep Innovations beds from Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovations-10-inch-Memory-Mattress/dp/B003CT37JM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340539438&sr=8-2&keywords=sleep+innovations

http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovations-12-inch-Memory-Mattress/dp/B003CT37L0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1340539438&sr=8-3&keywords=sleep+innovations

My wife and I are happier and happier with the 10-inch version as time goes on. I think we're about 6 months in now and one of us will mention how much we like the bed about once per week.

'DA RAIDERS said:
any heat issues for you tick?
No, but we have geothermal heating/cooling, so our house is always a constant sleepable temperature.Someone (probably DawgPound) mentioned that with foam toppers, you don't get proper ventilation, so people who try a topper decide that they don't like foam because it sleeps too hot. A full foam mattress has proper ventilation, so this isn't a problem with them.I don't know if that's true or not, but in our situation, we're tremendously happy with ours (we got the 10"). We had a Simmons Beautyrest before for 15 years, and it was a good mattress, but of course it got saggy. The FFA came through for us - I never thought we'd be able to find a mattress we'd be happy with for under $400. We'll see how it ages, but so far so good.

'Tick said:
'3 hour lunch said:
'hamster_13 said:
In case you haven't read the rest of the thread, but FBGs are very happy with these two Sleep Innovations beds from Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovations-10-inch-Memory-Mattress/dp/B003CT37JM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340539438&sr=8-2&keywords=sleep+innovations

http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovations-12-inch-Memory-Mattress/dp/B003CT37L0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1340539438&sr=8-3&keywords=sleep+innovations

My wife and I are happier and happier with the 10-inch version as time goes on. I think we're about 6 months in now and one of us will mention how much we like the bed about once per week.
I did see that mentioned earlier. Not sure I could convince the wife to buy this sight unseen; but reviews are overwhelmingly positive on amazon too. Might have to consider it......

Been following this thread for a year and am finally ready to pull the trigger on a memory foam mattress to replace our old innerspring mattress that is sagging. I've researched all the different brands and we're going to purchase the Night Therapy Elite 13" MyGel Prestige King from Sam's Club for $588. It looks to be basically the same as the Sleep Innovations product. We're going with the Sam's Club one because we already have a membership and a return would be easy if we're unhappy for any reason.

Anyone FBGs out there have this one?

BTW, in my research I found this mattress review site that was incredibly comprehensive and helpful - Sleep Like The Dead

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Question for the mattress experts - When buying a memory foam mattress to replace an existing innerspring plus box spring, is there a benefit to buying a memory foam bed frame like this one vs. just laying the new memory foam on the existing boxspring?

If we decide to keep the existing boxspring, would it be worth it to put plywood or something between the old box spring and the memory foam mattress?

Any help would be appreciated.

Question for the mattress experts - When buying a memory foam mattress to replace an existing innerspring plus box spring, is there a benefit to buying a memory foam bed frame like this one vs. just laying the new memory foam on the existing boxspring?

If we decide to keep the existing boxspring, would it be worth it to put plywood or something between the old box spring and the memory foam mattress?

Any help would be appreciated.
I am a big dude and my wife and I have a 12" memory gel foam mattress that we just put on our boxspring and have been okay for two years. If you are leery, just get a piece of plywood in there.No need to waste money on the frame in my opinion.

Just jumped into this market. Went looking today, what a cluster####.

I'm a stomach sleeper and run very hot. I don't think I can do any type of foam/memory foam because of the heat issue. Any thoughts on non foam beds?

I checked out ghetto beds at $500 at some local furniture store to some stupid bed @ $13000 at sit and sleep. Wtf? I liked the firmer beds with a slight pillow top. I'll update this search with more info as I learn about this racket called the mattress industry.

Just jumped into this market. Went looking today, what a cluster####. I'm a stomach sleeper and run very hot. I don't think I can do any type of foam/memory foam because of the heat issue. Any thoughts on non foam beds?I checked out ghetto beds at $500 at some local furniture store to some stupid bed @ $13000 at sit and sleep. Wtf? I liked the firmer beds with a slight pillow top. I'll update this search with more info as I learn about this racket called the mattress industry.
the new gel foam style is supposed to greatly reduce the heat issue.

Regarding all these complaints about memory foam "sleeping hot," yes the modern ones sleep slightly warmer, but it's not a huge deal, and these beds are awesome. We absolutely love our bedinabox. I hate going to hotels now, our bed is so much more comfortable.

Just jumped into this market. Went looking today, what a cluster####. I'm a stomach sleeper and run very hot. I don't think I can do any type of foam/memory foam because of the heat issue. Any thoughts on non foam beds?I checked out ghetto beds at $500 at some local furniture store to some stupid bed @ $13000 at sit and sleep. Wtf? I liked the firmer beds with a slight pillow top. I'll update this search with more info as I learn about this racket called the mattress industry.
the new gel foam style is supposed to greatly reduce the heat issue.
I have had the gel one for two years now and it's still like new and doesn't sleep any warmer than my POS Sealy Posturpedic did.

Regarding all these complaints about memory foam "sleeping hot," yes the modern ones sleep slightly warmer, but it's not a huge deal, and these beds are awesome. We absolutely love our bedinabox. I hate going to hotels now, our bed is so much more comfortable.
Same here, but we moved into our house this weekend and had to lug that mattress up the stairs...holy mother of #### was that difficult. Like moving 300 pounds of jello. If I had any idea how much of a pain it would be I would have hired a guy. Totally miserable.

Been following this thread for a year and am finally ready to pull the trigger on a memory foam mattress to replace our old innerspring mattress that is sagging. I've researched all the different brands and we're going to purchase the Night Therapy Elite 13" MyGel Prestige King from Sam's Club for $588. It looks to be basically the same as the Sleep Innovations product. We're going with the Sam's Club one because we already have a membership and a return would be easy if we're unhappy for any reason.

Anyone FBGs out there have this one?

BTW, in my research I found this mattress review site that was incredibly comprehensive and helpful - Sleep Like The Dead

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
I ordered the Night Therapy Elite 13" MyGel (link above) from Sam's Club last night. It should arrive in a few days. The reviews are great overall, I just hope it's not too firm. I'll post a review after I've slept on it for a week or so.

Same here, but we moved into our house this weekend and had to lug that mattress up the stairs...holy mother of #### was that difficult. Like moving 300 pounds of jello. If I had any idea how much of a pain it would be I would have hired a guy. Totally miserable.
Lift a few weights.

My wife is very happy with the 10 inch version.

Right now I have a regular queen size box spring/mattress set up. If I pull the trigger on one of these, I want the king size. My question (and I'm sure it's been covered somewhere in the thread) is what do you put the new mattress on? Do you have to buy a new frame or can I rig my metal frame?

My wife is very happy with the 10 inch version.
I bet she is!

Right now I have a regular queen size box spring/mattress set up. If I pull the trigger on one of these, I want the king size. My question (and I'm sure it's been covered somewhere in the thread) is what do you put the new mattress on? Do you have to buy a new frame or can I rig my metal frame?
In a similar situation here -- upgrading from a Queen to a new King, and our first time purchasing a new mattress together.

Might want to check out latex foam. Reportedly doesn't have the "sleep hot" issue. I only mention it because we went the latex foam route and it we like it a lot.

Might want to check out latex foam. Reportedly doesn't have the "sleep hot" issue. I only mention it because we went the latex foam route and it we like it a lot.
the guy at sit n sleep had my lie on one of those. it was comfortable, but for me, if there's any chance of it sleeping hot, i don't even consider it. it was comfortable to lay there for a couple minutes, but probably not gonna go foam of any kind. :shrug: was it around 2K?

through tomorrow All Sleep is offering their Memory Foam Solution brand mattresses at 40 percent off.

They are aout the highest rated matttress/seller on Amazon.

I got a 10" king and a 8" queen delivered for about $600 (free shipping, no tax)\\

My link

THis is for an 8", they also have 10 and 12 in for 50-100 more

http://www.ensosleep.com

Bought one of these 3 weeks ago delivered with new boxes for $799.

Mine was a little more on the firm side, and it has relieved all back pain that I was having on my old bed.

There were also no gasses/smell at all. Wife loved that part.

ETA: Hubby of wife's friend at work is a manager at a furniture store. He had the scoop on mattresses. No need to pay for a ton of thickness, it's mostly for show.
Raiders... this is my post from 6 months ago. I still sleep 100x better on this bed. Since then, my 23yr old son bought one and we got one for my 15yr old son two months ago and they both love it.

Nice and firm with a little top padding...

Mine was a little more on the firm side, and it has relieved all back pain that I was having on my old bed.

ETA: Hubby of wife's friend at work is a manager at a furniture store. He had the scoop on mattresses. No need to pay for a ton of thickness, it's mostly for show.
Raiders... this is my post from 6 months ago. I still sleep 100x better on this bed. Since then, my 23yr old son bought one and we got one for my 15yr old son two months ago and they both love it.

which one did you get? after my initial foray i haven't done anything more. the wife is on me to get a new mattress asap.

which one did you get? after my initial foray i haven't done anything more. the wife is on me to get a new mattress asap.
It appears we got the "Dream Weaver"... The showroom where we went had 5 of those 10 models lined up from rock hard to mushy. The rock hard with a little padding on top like the Dream Weaver shown is what I bought. No off gassing at all too.I would check to see if anyone is carrying them near you and then go check them out.

Does this brand compare to the ones discussed in here? 40% off right now. http://www.amazon.com/Density-Elastic-Memory-Foam-Mattress/dp/B006W0WLMW/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1353553225&sr=1-5 there a big difference between 8" 10" or 12"? Looks like the top layer is 3" regardless on these...
Hey, sorry, I didn't see this until now.I don't know the company so I don't know how well their products are. I do know that it looks like a typical breakdown for a 12" mattress- 9 inches of base and 3 of memory foam. The three reviews rate it well, and one of them mentions the good customer service at the company so I don't see any red flags...

Users who are viewing this thread