What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ochocinco vs Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
Like many of you I have a decision to make on whether I should start Chad Ochocinco vs Pitt this week.Here is some information I compiled for myself on how Ochocinco has historically performed against the Steelers. Perhaps it will help you make a decision.

Career average vs Pitt (16 games): 4.8 catches, 68 yards, 0.19 TDCareer average vs Pitt with Carson Palmer (9 games): 4.2 catches, 60 yards, 0.11 TDCareer average at home vs Pitt (9 games): 4.8 catches, 62 yards, .22 TDCareer average at home vs Pitt with Carson Palmer (5 games): 4.4 catches, 67 yards, .2 TDCareer average @ Pitt (7 games): 4.9 catches, 75 yards, .14TDCareer average @ Pitt with Carson Palmer (4 games): 4 catches, 51 yards, 0 TDCareer best game vs Pitt: 7 catches, 152 yards or 6 catches, 117 yards, 1 TD (both @ Pitt with Kitna)Career best game vs Pitt with Carson Palmer: 5 catches, 80 yards, 1 TD (at home in 2004)In 9 games vs Pitt Carson Palmer has thrown 1 TD to Ochocinco.
Hope this helps.

Like many of you I have a decision to make on whether I should start Chad Ochocinco vs Pitt this week.Here is some information I compiled for myself on how Ochocinco has historically performed against the Steelers. Perhaps it will help you make a decision.

Career average vs Pitt (16 games): 4.8 catches, 68 yards, 0.19 TDCareer average vs Pitt with Carson Palmer (9 games): 4.2 catches, 60 yards, 0.11 TDCareer average at home vs Pitt (9 games): 4.8 catches, 62 yards, .22 TDCareer average at home vs Pitt with Carson Palmer (5 games): 4.4 catches, 67 yards, .2 TDCareer average @ Pitt (7 games): 4.9 catches, 75 yards, .14TDCareer average @ Pitt with Carson Palmer (4 games): 4 catches, 51 yards, 0 TDCareer best game vs Pitt: 7 catches, 152 yards or 6 catches, 117 yards, 1 TD (both @ Pitt with Kitna)Career best game vs Pitt with Carson Palmer: 5 catches, 80 yards, 1 TD (at home in 2004)In 9 games vs Pitt Carson Palmer has thrown 1 TD to Ochocinco.
Hope this helps.
I know what you are going for here, but how many of those games did the Steelers start a third string safety?

Hope this helps.
I know what you are going for here, but how many of those games did the Steelers start a third string safety?
I am not going for anything.I am providing data, nothing more.

Hope this helps.
Carters going to play. He'll likely be limited in practice on Wednesday and his workload should increase through the week. It's possible he won't respond to treatment, but it sounded like Tomlin expected him to.

What about any games without Troy? Also what cornerbacks he faced? As well as targets... lol

This is a much more improved Chad this year. He's burned Champ and Woodson already in 2 weeks for 80+yds.. (although theyre not as good as they use to be) ... I think he does well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the OP takes the time to share some stats and someone responds by claiming (in a way that seems somewhat negatively) to know why the OP posted the stats, while another poster laughs at the OP for sharing the info.

Nice response, folks.

OP, thanks in earnest for sharing the info.

Wow, the OP takes the time to share some stats and someone responds by claiming (in a way that seems somewhat negatively) to know why the OP posted the stats, while another poster laughs at the OP for sharing the info.Nice response, folks. OP, thanks in earnest for sharing the info.
No worries FB. I don't think it was that bad and I seldom take stuff in here personally.btw you have one of my all time favorite avatars.

Not sure it is going to matter much. CB Ike Taylor is usually the matchup on OchoCinco and has historically done a great job.

Wow, the OP takes the time to share some stats and someone responds by claiming (in a way that seems somewhat negatively) to know why the OP posted the stats, while another poster laughs at the OP for sharing the info.Nice response, folks. OP, thanks in earnest for sharing the info.
Wow, seriously? Lighten up Francis.A top end WR with a projected stat line of 60 yards and 10% chance of a TD can only suggest one thing in my mind, bench him. Sorry if I jumped to the conclusion that is what the OP was suggesting. For what it's worth, I do appreciate the info(thanks OP) and discussion it has generated.

I don't like benching the most interesting footballer in the world, but with Marion Barber out I think Felix against Carolina may get the start in the FLEX.

Oh, and never bench your studs.
CJ is not a stud.
He will be again this year.
He is having a nice start to his season. It looks as if the Bengals are making a serious play to be a ball control team (30.5 rush/game & 28 pass/game) so I am not sure Ocho is going to get a ton of opportunities (7 targets each game) but he has been making the most of those targets with a 20ypc.He will definitely finish as a high end #2 fantasy WR with an outside shot at breaking into the top 10 (if things break his way).

Hope this helps.
So you are saying he is due. :lmao:

Hope this helps.
So you are saying he is due. :bag:
Yes, have some.

Oh, and never bench your studs.
CJ is not a stud.
Particularly when matched up against a healthy Ike Taylor, to this point in both their careers anyway.Johnson mouthed off about the Steelers secondary, and Taylor in particular, a while back. It musta motivated Ivan, because not only did he make Johnson his kitty that game, but he's pretty much been a different player ever since. So, as a Steeler fan, I guess I should thank Chad? Fine. "Thanks, Chad."

It helps that Troy is out and Carter is nicked but the WR's who tend to be able to do well against the Steelers are those WR's who run shorter routes. QB's just don't have the time to go downfield consistently on the Steelers so I would agree with the OP that Chad has a poor matchup this week but unless you are in a pretty shallow league it's tough to see how you would have better options. I know I don't in the two leagues I have him.

Wow, seriously? Lighten up Francis.A top end WR with a projected stat line of 60 yards and 10% chance of a TD can only suggest one thing in my mind, bench him. Sorry if I jumped to the conclusion that is what the OP was suggesting. For what it's worth, I do appreciate the info(thanks OP) and discussion it has generated.
Seriously, I think we both know that my comments were aimed at the ridiculing nature of some of the comments. I, I like you, value debate on the boards and I appreciate the discussion that the OP's comments generated except the comments that seem like personal ridicule. If you can't see that, I don't know what else to say. :thumbup: That said, I seriously wonder about Chad today. Are the Steeelers' injuries enough to make a difference for Chad?

It helps that Troy is out and Carter is nicked but the WR's who tend to be able to do well against the Steelers are those WR's who run shorter routes. QB's just don't have the time to go downfield consistently on the Steelers.
Very true. However, the Steelers haven't gotten the pass rush that they are accustomed to so far. A large part of that is the absence of Polamalu. Without him, LeBeau has been less aggressive, and the blitzes that he has called haven't had the success rate that you expect from the Steelers. I'm not saying this means 85 is gonna explode, but his chances for success are better than if Polamalu was healthy.

can you do this same thing for Chris Henry vs Steelers? :goodposting:
Chris Henry vs PittOverall average: 3 catches, 49 yards, 0.4 TD (7 games)Home average: 2 catches, 56 yards, 0.33 TD (3 games)Away average: 3.5 catches, 44 yards, 0.5 TD (4 games)With Palmer: 3 catches, 55 yards, 0.6 TD (5 games)Without Palmer: 2.5 catches, 34 yards, 0 TD (2 games)His best games came in 2006 with Palmer: 5 catches, 69 yards, 2TD (@ Pitt) & 4 catches 124 yards, 1 TD (home)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Chaka... he's hardly been a world-beater, but his 12.8 ppg in the nine games with Palmer isn't going to lose it for you either.

Seriously, I think we both know that my comments were aimed at the ridiculing nature of some of the comments. I, I like you, value debate on the boards and I appreciate the discussion that the OP's comments generated except the comments that seem like personal ridicule. If you can't see that, I don't know what else to say. :D That said, I seriously wonder about Chad today. Are the Steeelers' injuries enough to make a difference for Chad?
Truce.Probably not. It may make a difference for Chris Henry or whatever TE is healthy and playing for the Bengals these days though. I have a bad feeling that Carson Palmer will get his numbers today, I only expect Chad to get about 80 of those yards though. 50% chance to get a TD. I expect that the Steelers D will shut down Benson and that most of the Bengals yards will come through the air.... I've been wrong before though!

Steelers are only ranked 18th against the pass after first two weeks. I think they will stuff Benson, but will give up some yds and TD's through the air!

Hope this helps.
This was pretty spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread