What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Archer (2 Viewers)

ericttspikes

Footballguy
I'm not a big animated series fan, but I dug this. It aired after the premiere of It's Always Sunny.... and I think it begins in October. Some good laughs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfx_V2mYT1w

edited: i know I spelled animated wrong, and the videos have some "naughty words" for those sensitive to that stuff....

Last edited by a moderator:
Starts back up tonight. I thought the pilot was hilarious.

Is It's Always Sunny coming back next week or is the season over already?

fx ripping off from adultswim, i think.
They aren't. [as] cancelled Frisky Dingo before it was ready to go. Hiring the guys behind it is no more ripping off [as] than [as] ripped off UPN when they hired the Home Movies crew. And they actually kept Home Movies alive. Totally fair game.

No Cyril, when they're dead, they're just hookers!

He touched my penis with his penis.

Peta Predator - ok, let's just call it what it is. Food Rapist.

"I am concerned about your obsession with me. Seriously Lana, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the danger zone"

I haven't see an ep yet. I recorded the two shows that were on tonight. Just rolled some trees, now about to fire up the DVR and :popcorn:

If you guys like this, you should check out Frisky Dingo. Done by the same guys and very similar.
:potkettle:
I had never heard of Frisky Dingo until this thread, and holy #### is it funny. Those of you who have never seen it, do yourself a favor and record cartoon network every weeknight from 12:30 to 1:00 (central). Tonight is actually the beginning of the series, w/ s1e1 and s1e2. Seriously, watch this show. Some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen.

Can't wait until season 2.

Season 1 is also available on Netflix watch instantly.

You can also find Archer tuh rents for season 1 online. Season 2 doesn't start til the fall correct?

Season 2 begins Jan 24. Excellent show. The dialogue is great despite the shock value of everything going on. What they say, to me, is the funniest part.

Sterling Archer: Oh my god, you killed a hooker!

ISIS Comptroller Cyril Figgis: Callgirl! She was a callgirl!

Sterling Archer: No Cyril, when they're dead, they're just hookers!

Cyril Figgis: How do you keep track of all these lies?

Sterling Archer: Practice Cyril. Lying is like 95% of what I do.

Cyril Figgis: In your job.

Sterling Archer: Sure.

Watched it on streaming on netflix a few months ago, hilarious stuff! Looking forward to season 2.

One of the things that hooked me early on are a bunch of the voices are former Arrested Development actors.

They are showing 4 episodes tonight on FX. "Skytanic", the one about the blimp, is on right now. It's my favorite episode in the series so far.

Excellent show. The dialogue is great despite the shock value of everything going on. What they say, to me, is the funniest part.
It's all dialog. The animation is barely there (though Lana Cane is quite comely).After seeing any episode once, I could probably just listen to a podcast in the car, and be just as amused. (I'd probably be a bad driver, though.)I still recall, way back in the day, when the Simpsons was new, folks getting into arguments over whether the animation was good or bad. Pointless, really. Didn't matter. Simpsons could've been animated by Mike Judge or been done in Squigglevision, for all I cared.Though animation allows a much greater license for what is visually possible, that doesn't seem to be where the humor comes from (IMO). It seems animated shows generally rely less on visual and physical comedy than do live action shows.

Excellent show. The dialogue is great despite the shock value of everything going on. What they say, to me, is the funniest part.
It's all dialog. The animation is barely there (though Lana Cane is quite comely).After seeing any episode once, I could probably just listen to a podcast in the car, and be just as amused. (I'd probably be a bad driver, though.)I still recall, way back in the day, when the Simpsons was new, folks getting into arguments over whether the animation was good or bad. Pointless, really. Didn't matter. Simpsons could've been animated by Mike Judge or been done in Squigglevision, for all I cared.Though animation allows a much greater license for what is visually possible, that doesn't seem to be where the humor comes from (IMO). It seems animated shows generally rely less on visual and physical comedy than do live action shows.
For the most part yes. But the occasional image is spot on. The butler doing heroin with the monkey, The girl with strangle marks on her neck, Skorpio with the chocolate prints all over the wall, Archer all gayed up....

Users who are viewing this thread