What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rodney Harrison Calls TO a "Clown" (1 Viewer)

Aerial Assault

Footballguy
Somehow, the former illegal headhunter was able to divine this from a few seconds of footage of reporters trying to bait Owens into dissing the playcalling, which he didn't.

Still not sure why Buffalo brought in Owens if they weren't planning to throw to him. And I'm still not sure why Owens is the only WR who does, or ever has, complained about getting the ball. Oh, well.

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...

TO was being bitter TO before he was "baited" into repeating what he freely started off with his passive aggressive complaints about the playcalling. It's only week 3 and he's already starting.

Somehow, the former illegal headhunter was able to divine this from a few seconds of footage of reporters trying to bait Owens into dissing the playcalling, which he didn't.
I hate TO but I hate reporters like this even more. Just one word to describe that conduct: unprofessional. Never thought I'd say this, but "kudos, TO." You could tell he was pissed by he kept his composure and held his tongue.

I hate TO but I hate reporters like this even more. Just one word to describe that conduct: unprofessional. Never thought I'd say this, but "kudos, TO." You could tell he was pissed by he kept his composure and held his tongue.
:cry: (Except for the hating on TO part - - I've always been a fan.) That's what I thought too. The reporters were clearly bummed at the inability to spark an outburst.

:confused: (Except for the hating on TO part - - I've always been a fan.) That's what I thought too. The reporters were clearly bummed at the inability to spark an outburst.
The reporters have been trying to bait him to say something since the day he got here, and TO has done well to keep out of the papers.That being said, his play on the field hasn't done him any favors.

Somehow, the former illegal headhunter was able to divine this from a few seconds of footage of reporters trying to bait Owens into dissing the playcalling, which he didn't. Still not sure why Buffalo brought in Owens if they weren't planning to throw to him. And I'm still not sure why Owens is the only WR who does, or ever has, complained about getting the ball. Oh, well.
Are you sure that's all Harrison was basing his opinion on? Nothing else?

# Hey rodney! Send me sum steroids 2 the Bills facility next week!5 minutes ago from MogoTXT

# Is tht Y u used steroids b/c u were worried about ur stats or ws it b/c u were losing it? Lol! U're a loser & a cheater? Got any steroid ...6 minutes ago from MogoTXT

# I could less about Rodney Harrison! Anybody tht using steroids, yes STEROIDS rodney, is a cheater & cheated the game!8 minutes ago from MogoTXT
http://twitter.com/terrellowens :lmao:

# @Power_of_Steel i didn't drop any balls 2day, nt sure wht game u watched. just b/c a ball touches my hands doesn't mean i dropped it!12 minutes ago from web in reply to Power_of_Steel

Harrison didn't have much good to say about anyone/anything on the pregame show. Thought he came across as not wanting to be there.

Not that I disagree with his T.O. comment.

same guy who said this?

"I want to make it clear," Harrison said, "that never once did I take steroids. I did admit to the commissioner that I took a banned substance."

same guy who said this?"I want to make it clear," Harrison said, "that never once did I take steroids. I did admit to the commissioner that I took a banned substance."
Yup, the same. Class all the way, but somehow he's entitled to criticize WRs who . . . haven't been targeted in three games? I guess that's the big sin that Owens has committed.

same guy who said this?"I want to make it clear," Harrison said, "that never once did I take steroids. I did admit to the commissioner that I took a banned substance."
Yup, the same. Class all the way, but somehow he's entitled to criticize WRs who . . . haven't been targeted in three games? I guess that's the big sin that Owens has committed.
Owens hasn't been targeted because he's never open....

Why was OWens even in the presser to begin with :lmao:
Exactly. TO needs to retire. He has never been great at catching and he can't get open. It's time. His whining was always annoying but now that his skills have deteriorated it is just pathetic. You're on a TEAM man.

I was at the game and so PO'd afterward I wanted TO to unload on someone. Then I actually found it funny how he gave reporters nothing. He may be more interested in his own numbers, but that was a pathetic display by Alex Van Pelt & Trent Edwards today. Edwards took 1 shot downfield and overthrew a 35 yr old WR that split double coverage and was open for a potential TD pass (obviously making big assumption TO actually caught the ball).

The clowns are Russ Brandon for paying $6.5 million for a decoy WR, **** Jauron & Van Pelt for not knowing how to utilize WRs in their gameplan and Edwards for not having the b*lls to throw the ball downfield.

I was at the game and so PO'd afterward I wanted TO to unload on someone. Then I actually found it funny how he gave reporters nothing. He may be more interested in his own numbers, but that was a pathetic display by Alex Van Pelt & Trent Edwards today. Edwards took 1 shot downfield and overthrew a 35 yr old WR that split double coverage and was open for a potential TD pass (obviously making big assumption TO actually caught the ball).The clowns are Russ Brandon for paying $6.5 million for a decoy WR, **** Jauron & Van Pelt for not knowing how to utilize WRs in their gameplan and Edwards for not having the b*lls to throw the ball downfield.
It's hard to utilize a guy who gets open 1 out of every 10 pass plays, IMO :rolleyes:

Why was OWens even in the presser to begin with :rolleyes:
Exactly. TO needs to retire. He has never been great at catching and he can't get open. It's time. His whining was always annoying but now that his skills have deteriorated it is just pathetic. You're on a TEAM man.
I actually had no problem with is press conference because the reporters were goading him but I don't see why he should have been there in the first place (unless he's captain and was there to talk about the team as a whole) which obviously he did not

T.O.’s post game comments

from Inside The Bills by Chris Brown

Bills WR Terrell Owens spoke after the loss to the Saints. His comments were brief. Here they are in their entirety.

Q: What did you think of the offense overall?

Terrell Owens: “Didn’t execute.”

Q: Why do you think the offense didn’t execute?

T.O.: “We lost the game, what do you think?”

Q: On the deep ball at the tunnel end did you pull up on that?

T.O.: “No.”

Q: Trent couldn’t get the ball downfield and it seemed like everything was short and check downs.

T.O.: “I was just going with the plays that were called.”

Q: Was it something their defense was doing out there?

T.O.: “What do you think?”

Q: You tell me, you’re out there

T.O.: “I’m just going with the plays that are called.”

Q: Your frustration level right now?

T.O.: “I’m good. Just got to get ready for next week.”

Q: Do you feel you and Lee (Evans) are being wasted in this offens?

T.O.: “We’re just going with the plays that are called.”

Q: You could say ‘no’ right there.

Q: Do you like the plays that are called?

T.O.: “Whether I like them or don’t, I’m just going with the plays that are called.”

Q: How about the decisiosn that are made after the plays are called? The quarterback’s decisions after the play is called?

T.O.: “You’d have to ask him.”

Q: I’m asking what you think.

T.O.: “I don’t want to answer that because whatever I say you guys are turn it into however you want to say it.”

Q: We’ll print whatever you say word for word.

T.O.: “I just answered you sir.”

Q: Any thoughts on the end of your catch streak (185 straight games)?

T.O.: “It’s over.”

Q: Did it have any meaning to you at all?

T.O.: “We didn’t win the game.”

Q: Do you feel bad for the defense?

T.O.: “We’ve just got to regroup and get ready for next week.”
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/09/28/t...-game-comments/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the game and so PO'd afterward I wanted TO to unload on someone. Then I actually found it funny how he gave reporters nothing. He may be more interested in his own numbers, but that was a pathetic display by Alex Van Pelt & Trent Edwards today. Edwards took 1 shot downfield and overthrew a 35 yr old WR that split double coverage and was open for a potential TD pass (obviously making big assumption TO actually caught the ball).The clowns are Russ Brandon for paying $6.5 million for a decoy WR, **** Jauron & Van Pelt for not knowing how to utilize WRs in their gameplan and Edwards for not having the b*lls to throw the ball downfield.
It's hard to utilize a guy who gets open 1 out of every 10 pass plays, IMO :shrug:
:shrug: I guess Lee Evans never manages to get open either?

Dirty player and sterioid user = TV analyst? Why would anyone care about his opinion? He's probably brain damaged from all the helmet to helmet hits.

The real question is..will Owens and Dennis Rodman be on Celebrity Mole at the same time???

T.O.’s post game comments

from Inside The Bills by Chris Brown

Bills WR Terrell Owens spoke after the loss to the Saints. His comments were brief. Here they are in their entirety.

Q: What did you think of the offense overall?

Terrell Owens: “Didn’t execute.”

Q: Why do you think the offense didn’t execute?

T.O.: “We lost the game, what do you think?”

Q: On the deep ball at the tunnel end did you pull up on that?

T.O.: “No.”

Q: Trent couldn’t get the ball downfield and it seemed like everything was short and check downs.

T.O.: “I was just going with the plays that were called.”

Q: Was it something their defense was doing out there?

T.O.: “What do you think?”

Q: You tell me, you’re out there

Q: Your frustration level right now?

T.O.: “I’m good. Just got to get ready for next week.”

Q: Do you feel you and Lee (Evans) are being wasted in this offens?

T.O.: “We’re just going with the plays that are called.”

Q: You could say ‘no’ right there.

Q: Do you like the plays that are called?

T.O.: “Whether I like them or don’t, I’m just going with the plays that are called.”

Q: How about the decisiosn that are made after the plays are called? The quarterback’s decisions after the play is called?

T.O.: “You’d have to ask him.”

Q: I’m asking what you think.

T.O.: “I don’t want to answer that because whatever I say you guys are turn it into however you want to say it.”

Q: We’ll print whatever you say word for word.

T.O.: “I just answered you sir.”

Q: Any thoughts on the end of your catch streak (185 straight games)?

T.O.: “It’s over.”

Q: Did it have any meaning to you at all?

T.O.: “We didn’t win the game.”

Q: Do you feel bad for the defense?

T.O.: “We’ve just got to regroup and get ready for next week.”
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/09/28/t...-game-comments/
Why aren't the reporters saying that this guy should be suspended? He didn't answer half the questions and was condescending to the reporters--same as Marshall two weeks ago. I hate the double standards.

Historical revisionism:

Harrison takes HGH to accelerate recovery from a broken shoulder blade / collarbone (?) and is labelled a steroids abuser.

What's the problem here? IIRC, Harrison took HGH, not steroids. He also also admitted to what he did and took his punishment like a man, instead of trying to blame it on over-the-counter supplements, like 99% of the other athletes who get caught do.Not excusing what he did, but I do give him credit for not trying to BS everyone about it.

Not sure what's funnier - that someone calling TO a "clown" is newsworthy, or that people care what Rodney Harrison says.

Why aren't the reporters saying that this guy should be suspended? He didn't answer half the questions and was condescending to the reporters--same as Marshall two weeks ago. I hate the double standards.
Seriously? You definitely didn't listen to the interview. The reporters were downright hostile. I'm not a TO supporter and didn't particularly care for the "Just going with the plays that are called" comments, but if you're looking for something to jump on him for (suspended???) you're going to have to keep looking because there's nothing here.

Why was OWens even in the presser to begin with :goodposting:
I don't think he needs to retire.. but he's def not what he used to be. I think he has at most, he has one more season in him, the guy keeps his body in tip top shape. I'll admit over the last few seasons he has had a case of dropsies but saying he's never been great at catching is exaggerating. I'm pretty sure he's holds the record for receptions in a single game with 20.. pretty good for somebody that can't catch.

Why was OWens even in the presser to begin with :thumbup:
I don't think he needs to retire.. but he's def not what he used to be. I think he has at most, he has one more season in him, the guy keeps his body in tip top shape. I'll admit over the last few seasons he has had a case of dropsies but saying he's never been great at catching is exaggerating. I'm pretty sure he's holds the record for receptions in a single game with 20.. pretty good for somebody that can't catch.
Mr. Patriot, Troy Brown, was going to break this record back in '02 if he hadn't got injured after making 16 grabs. :goodposting:

I think that is the problem when they hire these players immediately after the stop playing, their bias on teams and players shine through too much.

This place is hilarious.

People are backing T.O. up since it was Rodney Harrison who called T.O. a clown.

If it were Tony Dungy who called T.O. a clown, everyone here taking T.O.'s side or bashing Harrison would be nodding in agreement with Dungy.

Let's do a fact check.

Is T.O. a clown? Check.

Is T.O. insubordinate? Check.

Is T.O. unruly? Check.

Is T.O. egotistical? Check.

Nothing wrong with what Harrison said, it was obviously just who said it, but he was right in the court of public opinion.

Move along.

Cool another TO thread where he really didn't do anything wrong but we all say what a tool he is anyway.

Carry on.

Somehow, the former illegal headhunter was able to divine this from a few seconds of footage of reporters trying to bait Owens into dissing the playcalling, which he didn't. Still not sure why Buffalo brought in Owens if they weren't planning to throw to him. And I'm still not sure why Owens is the only WR who does, or ever has, complained about getting the ball. Oh, well.
Are you sure that's all Harrison was basing his opinion on? Nothing else?
What else could he possibly be going on? I mean it's not like the guy had his own reality show or anything.

Historical revisionism:Harrison takes HGH to accelerate recovery from a broken shoulder blade / collarbone (?) and is labelled a steroids abuser.
Yes he is. Just like Merriman, Barry Bonds, Giambi and all the others in baseball. He cheated the game plus on top of that he was a dirty player. Sorry but Harrison is the joke. If he had not been on the Patriots he would not be on NBC.

This place is hilarious.People are backing T.O. up since it was Rodney Harrison who called T.O. a clown.If it were Tony Dungy who called T.O. a clown, everyone here taking T.O.'s side or bashing Harrison would be nodding in agreement with Dungy.Let's do a fact check.Is T.O. a clown? Check.Is T.O. insubordinate? Check.Is T.O. unruly? Check.Is T.O. egotistical? Check.Nothing wrong with what Harrison said, it was obviously just who said it, but he was right in the court of public opinion. Move along.
I don't think you understand what the word "fact" means. It's the 1-syllable words that are the toughest.

Users who are viewing this thread