What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rodney Harrison Calls TO a "Clown" (1 Viewer)

I was at the game and so PO'd afterward I wanted TO to unload on someone. Then I actually found it funny how he gave reporters nothing. He may be more interested in his own numbers, but that was a pathetic display by Alex Van Pelt & Trent Edwards today. Edwards took 1 shot downfield and overthrew a 35 yr old WR that split double coverage and was open for a potential TD pass (obviously making big assumption TO actually caught the ball).The clowns are Russ Brandon for paying $6.5 million for a decoy WR, **** Jauron & Van Pelt for not knowing how to utilize WRs in their gameplan and Edwards for not having the b*lls to throw the ball downfield.
It's hard to utilize a guy who gets open 1 out of every 10 pass plays, IMO :banned:
:confused: I guess Lee Evans never manages to get open either?
Yeah what's going on there anyway? Evans and Owens combined have 13 catches so far.

Historical revisionism:Harrison takes HGH to accelerate recovery from a broken shoulder blade / collarbone (?) and is labelled a steroids abuser.
Come on man. Don't you at least think it is possible (just possible) that the revisionist history is the spin put on the HGH situation by Harrison?

Historical revisionism:Harrison takes HGH to accelerate recovery from a broken shoulder blade / collarbone (?) and is labelled a steroids abuser.
Come on man. Don't you at least think it is possible (just possible) that the revisionist history is the spin put on the HGH situation by Harrison?
not sure i'm understanding you...are you suggesting that RH or his handlers said "lets claim I used banned substance B instead of banned substance A because that will make me look better"? either is inexcusable, but he freely admitted to B and some insist on accusing him of A. again, neither is acceptable, i just think its funny that some want to say black is white and day is night.

Yes he is. Just like Merriman, Barry Bonds, Giambi and all the others in baseball. He cheated the game plus on top of that he was a dirty player. Sorry but Harrison is the joke. If he had not been on the Patriots he would not be on NBC.
Really? Is this guy making excuses for Harrison? You use steroids and you're a cheater plain and simple. It does not matter if it was to recover from an injury. Harrison was the dirtiest player in the league for a long time, and on top of that he was caught cheating. Indeed, Harrison is a much bigger clown than TO. And a much less talented player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow, the former illegal headhunter was able to divine this from a few seconds of footage of reporters trying to bait Owens into dissing the playcalling, which he didn't.
I hate TO but I hate reporters like this even more. Just one word to describe that conduct: unprofessional. Never thought I'd say this, but "kudos, TO." You could tell he was pissed by he kept his composure and held his tongue.
It's not really about the reporter goading him as much as ESPN/NBC, etc. somehow deciding that soundbite was newsworthy. Evans said pretty much the same stuff.

I'll agree everyone said about TO from Rodney and I'll also agree that Harrison is a ########.
Agreed.Owens IS a clown and the press plays him. The press is a bunch of jackals, no doubt. I don't know about you guys, but by now I bet I could handle it a little better. And anyone that doesn't think TO's passive aggressive responses weren't playing into those jackal's hands, you must be wearing those same purple colored glasses and don't want to see it.Harrison? Who gives a ####. Nice deflection but it doesn't change Owens.I kind of like Dungy's gist, "Hey, Buffalo, if you didn't know what you were getting then you deserve what you got". Good point. This man was told by two different teams, "Hey, go home. We will pay you full pay to STAY THE #### AWAY FROM OUR FOOTBALL TEAM".LOL @ those defending this joke.

TO's response

Terrell Owens Rips Rodney Harrison

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Terrell Owens took to Twitter to lash out at former Patriots safety and current NBC analyst Rodney Harrison Sunday night, responding to Harrison ripping him on television by making pointed comments about Harrison's 2007 performance-enhancing drug suspension.

Owens went catchless for the first time since 1997 in the Bills' loss to the Saints, and in discussing the game on NBC's Football Night in America, Harrison (who previously said Owens called Owens "a clown") is "more concerned with his own stats than the team's success."

That prompted this response from Owens on Twitter:

I could less about Rodney Harrison! Anybody tht using steroids, yes STEROIDS rodney, is a cheater & cheated the game!

Is tht Y u used steroids b/c u were worried about ur stats or ws it b/c u were losing it? Lol! U're a loser & a cheater? Got any steroids I cn borrow? Hey rodney! Send me sum steroids 2 the Bills facility next week!

Owens was referring Harrison's suspension for using human growth hormone, in violation of NFL policy. Harrison has always maintained that he used HGH only to recover from injuries and has never used anabolic steroids.

But those little details aside, the larger point here is that Owens has long had a reputation as a malcontent, and access to Twitter gives him an easy way to vent his frustrations. With the Bills off to a 1-2 start and Owens not getting involved in the offense, you can bet he'll have more opportunities to vent.

Beyond me why any one is ripping T.O in rhis , he handeled taht presser as well as you can last night . Can this guy do no right in some of your eyes ?? ridiculous.

oh and facts are facts Rodney CHEATED plain and simple and the fact he is dirtiest player of all time makes me chose not to take this man serious and his views.

In this case RODNEY>>>T.O on the ###clown meter that is.

not sure i'm understanding you...are you suggesting that RH or his handlers said "lets claim I used banned substance B instead of banned substance A because that will make me look better"? either is inexcusable, but he freely admitted to B and some insist on accusing him of A. again, neither is acceptable, i just think its funny that some want to say black is white and day is night.
I am saying that perhaps his "accelerating recovery" story is the revisionist part, not the specific substance he took.

Beyond me why any one is ripping T.O in rhis , he handeled taht presser as well as you can last night . Can this guy do no right in some of your eyes ?? ridiculous.oh and facts are facts Rodney CHEATED plain and simple and the fact he is dirtiest player of all time makes me chose not to take this man serious and his views.In this case RODNEY>>>T.O on the ###clown meter that is.
Harrison was dirty but no way was he the dirtiest of all time.

I was at the game and so PO'd afterward I wanted TO to unload on someone. Then I actually found it funny how he gave reporters nothing. He may be more interested in his own numbers, but that was a pathetic display by Alex Van Pelt & Trent Edwards today. Edwards took 1 shot downfield and overthrew a 35 yr old WR that split double coverage and was open for a potential TD pass (obviously making big assumption TO actually caught the ball).The clowns are Russ Brandon for paying $6.5 million for a decoy WR, **** Jauron & Van Pelt for not knowing how to utilize WRs in their gameplan and Edwards for not having the b*lls to throw the ball downfield.
It's hard to utilize a guy who gets open 1 out of every 10 pass plays, IMO :shrug:
:mellow: I guess Lee Evans never manages to get open either?
Yeah what's going on there anyway? Evans and Owens combined have 13 catches so far.
Trent Edwards is a terrible quarterback, that's what's going on.He is terrified to throw the ball down the football field. All his passes are checkdowns to the rbs or tight ends.

I am saying that perhaps his "accelerating recovery" story is the revisionist part, not the specific substance he took.
oh, i see. well, if its good enough for andy petitte, its good enough for rodney imo

Beyond me why any one is ripping T.O in rhis , he handeled taht presser as well as you can last night . Can this guy do no right in some of your eyes ?? ridiculous.oh and facts are facts Rodney CHEATED plain and simple and the fact he is dirtiest player of all time makes me chose not to take this man serious and his views.In this case RODNEY>>>T.O on the ###clown meter that is.
Dirtiest player of all time? Jack Tatum begs to differ.

:angry:Ted Hendricks takes exception to that too.

oh, i see. well, if its good enough for andy petitte, its good enough for rodney imo
It's all cheating.And who honestly cares about stickball?

:rolleyes:Ted Hendricks takes exception to that too.
Just like you can't compare QB's across eras, you can compare a guy from this era to guys from the dirty play era.

TO is a clown and has proven that he is a selfish player concerned more about getting attention than winning. He hasn't been as bad in BUF in this regard as he was in his previous stops (yet), but that doesn't change the proven fact that TO is a clown. That said, coming from Harrison it means nothing. Harrison is a cheater and when he played he was the dirtiest player on the field. He has no absolutely credibility when talking about peoples' character. What a POS.

Look, I loved Rodney as a player, he was my kind of safety, but I can't believe anyone can take him seriously as an analyst, since the guy is a proven cheater.

What's next? Is FOX going to hire Barry Bonds to do their baseball studio show?

And TO handled himself pretty damn well considering how the reporter(s) was/were trying to incite him. Rodney is the one who comes off as a completely unprofessional clown here. Great analysis, lol.

Yeah, I didn't believe Pettite either.

Beyond me why any one is ripping T.O in rhis , he handeled taht presser as well as you can last night . Can this guy do no right in some of your eyes ?? ridiculous.

oh and facts are facts Rodney CHEATED plain and simple and the fact he is dirtiest player of all time makes me chose not to take this man serious and his views.

:pickle: Ted Hendricks takes exception to that too.
Just like you can't compare QB's across eras, you can compare a guy from this era to guys from the dirty play era.
For future reference what year did the dirty player era end?

Regardless of why they took it, Harrison and Pettitte both cheated... I mean, what about all of the guys that saw their careers end due to injury because they weren't taking a banned substance to "recover"...

It's hard to utilize a guy who gets open 1 out of every 10 pass plays, IMO :shrug:
:lmao: I guess Lee Evans never manages to get open either?
I assume you were in the stands watching Owens all game too? :goodposting:

:goodposting: Ted Hendricks takes exception to that too.
For future reference what year did the dirty player era end?
When Richard Dent retired.

:rolleyes: I guess Lee Evans never manages to get open either?
I assume you were in the stands watching Owens all game too? :goodposting:
Now, look. You're a good poster and obviously a Bills expert, but your opinion here is a little perplexing. Captain Checkdown is afraid to throw downfield and it's killing (1) the team, (2) Evans' value, and (3) TO's value. And I don't mean "value" in a fantasy sense, either. I saw several plays, from my living room, where TO was open on the right side and Edwards never even glanced in his direction. I thought TO handled himself pretty well in that room full of behindhats trying to goad him on. Maybe Mauron and Van Pelt will call a few downfield pass plays next game.

Maybe Mauron and Van Pelt will call a few downfield pass plays next game.
They threw down field several times to Owens yesterday. On one, Edwards simply overthrew Owens, and on another, Owens could have made the catch had he been looking for the ball and adjusted his route (it was like he was running a fly pattern and didn't look for the ball until it was too late to adjust).

Now, look. You're a good poster and obviously a Bills expert, but your opinion here is a little perplexing. Captain Checkdown is afraid to throw downfield and it's killing (1) the team, (2) Evans' value, and (3) TO's value. And I don't mean "value" in a fantasy sense, either. I saw several plays, from my living room, where TO was open on the right side and Edwards never even glanced in his direction. I thought TO handled himself pretty well in that room full of behindhats trying to goad him on. Maybe Mauron and Van Pelt will call a few downfield pass plays next game.
TO handled himself very well in the interview. And yeah, Edwards still seems skittish and afraid to throw downfield.But trust me, Owens was very, very rarely open. Even on the plays when it would look like he was open....say Greer or Porter were playing 8 yards off....the Saints would put a LB in the flat, bracketing Owens both underneath and over the top.Add into the mix that Owens is getting frustrated and appears to be half-assing his routes when he's not a primary target, and it's a recipe for disaster, both in fantasy and reality.I'm not a Bills expert, just a season ticket holder who has made it a point to watch Owens as much as possible these last two weeks (the home games) to see what we might miss on the television feed. I'm just giving my opinion, based on what I've seen :lmao:

Maybe Mauron and Van Pelt will call a few downfield pass plays next game.
They threw down field several times to Owens yesterday. On one, Edwards simply overthrew Owens, and on another, Owens could have made the catch had he been looking for the ball and adjusted his route (it was like he was running a fly pattern and didn't look for the ball until it was too late to adjust).
I watched the entire game. They threw downfield twice, both to Owens, none to Evans. On the second play you described, no WR could have made the catch as the ball was sailing out of bounds.

And don't get me wrong, the offense would be much better with a happy TO getting the football all game. It would be amazing.

Maybe it's Van Pelt's fault for not calling the right plays to get the ball to Owens...I'm sure that has something to do with it. The point is that something needs to change, and fast.

On the plays where Owens really gives it his all, he's an amazing WR...he really is. It's just a combination of other teams keying on him and the offense not being designed with him in mind that causes the problems, IMO.

Historical revisionism:

Harrison takes HGH to accelerate recovery from a broken shoulder blade / collarbone (?) and is labelled a steroids abuser.
Yeah. Because well, that is cheating.Are you saying it's OK to take banned substances if you have an injury? Half the NFL has something injured on them in some way probably.

lol at Harrison, the biggest clown of them all.

**** Jauron should be fired. The punt with 6 minutes left to the best offense in football was pathetic. I wouldn't follow that guy anywhere.

Edwards just isn't good enough. It will be a long year if he refuses to throw the ball into coverage. WWKWD?

Users who are viewing this thread