What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guess the QBs (1 Viewer)

SSOG

Three players who have posted eerily similar numbers recently:

Over the last 16 games, QB-A is 363 of 556 (65.3%) for 4415 yards (7.94 ypa) with 26 TDs and 14 INTs (94.7 QB Rating), for a total of 324.8 fantasy points.

Over the last 16 games, QB-B is 322 of 507 (63.5%) for 4156 yards (8.20 ypa) with 28 TDs and 12 INTs (97.7 QB Rating), for a total of 319.8 fantasy points.

Over the last 16 games, QB-C is 328 of 527 (62.2%) for 3956 yards (7.51 ypa) with 28 TDs and 13 INTs (92.7 QB Rating), for a total of 309.8 fantasy points.

I believe A is Cassell

ETA: I'm too lazy tonight to actually verify this, just a guess, heck he's gotta be one of these three right? I'm thinking it's three QB's that no one would initially think of, Cassell, Schaub (previously mentioned) and someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of them are Shaub, Warner, Manning, Romo, Cutler, McNabb or Brees.

Three players who have posted eerily similar numbers recently:Over the last 16 games, QB-A is 363 of 556 (65.3%) for 4415 yards (7.94 ypa) with 26 TDs and 14 INTs (94.7 QB Rating), for a total of 324.8 fantasy points.Over the last 16 games, QB-B is 322 of 507 (63.5%) for 4156 yards (8.20 ypa) with 28 TDs and 12 INTs (97.7 QB Rating), for a total of 319.8 fantasy points.Over the last 16 games, QB-C is 328 of 527 (62.2%) for 3956 yards (7.51 ypa) with 28 TDs and 13 INTs (92.7 QB Rating), for a total of 309.8 fantasy points.
A is not Cassel. Cassel has 23 TDs and 13 INTs in his last 16 games.

Okay, now I'm kinda pissed because I've gone over seemingly every QB capable of putting up 26 TDs and I can't seem to figure out who A is and I'm starting to wonder if this is a trick or if SSOG made a mistake. So now I'm just going to MANUALLY go through EVERY SINGLE QB until I figure it out. :lmao:

Brees: 9 TDs in 2009, 29 in last 13 games of 2008

Warner: 4 + 24 TDs

P. Manning: 7 + 24 TDs

Romo: 4 + 26 TDs

Cutler: 6 + 17 TDs

McNabb: 2 + 20 TDs

Favre: 5 + 16 TDs

Cassel: 3 + 20 TDs

E. Manning: 5 + 17 TDs

Pennington: 1 + 17 TDs

Orton: 3 + 18 TDs

Roethlisberger: 3 + 14 TDs

Ryan: 5 + 14 TDs

Delhomme: 2 + 14 TDs

Schaub: 7 + 15 + 2 TDs in 2007

Garrard: 2 + 14 TDs

Flacco: 6 + 13 TDs

Hasselbeck: 3 + 5 + 13 TDs in 2007

NONE of those add up to 26! Sooooooo.....unless my math is way off (which wouldn't surprise me considering that it's way past my bedtime, I've had a bit to drink, and I haven't taken a math class in 20 years), but I just don't think Player A exists. I even checked on Vick, Brady, Carson Palmer and BILLY FREAKING VOLEK in case you were being sneaky. NO DICE!

I give up. But your answer BETTER BE GOOD. And there better not be some LAME little asterisk like "INCLUDING RUSHING TDs" or "INCLUDING POSTSEASON GAMES" or I will SERIOUSLY GO OFF ON SOMEONE. :drive:

Okay, now I'm kinda pissed because I've gone over seemingly every QB capable of putting up 26 TDs and I can't seem to figure out who A is and I'm starting to wonder if this is a trick or if SSOG made a mistake. So now I'm just going to MANUALLY go through EVERY SINGLE QB until I figure it out. :drive:

I had a feeling that was gonna happen, main reason I didn't bother verifying. That, and the fact that I'm too old and too lazy (tonight at least.)

One of you guys has to get to the bottom of this.

Like my grandfather used to say, "I've got a quarter for the the first one of you punks that figures this out."

Matt Schaub is A?
Yup. As has already been mentioned, B is Rivers and C is Rodgers.
NONE of those add up to 26! Sooooooo.....unless my math is way off (which wouldn't surprise me considering that it's way past my bedtime, I've had a bit to drink, and I haven't taken a math class in 20 years), but I just don't think Player A exists. I even checked on Vick, Brady, Carson Palmer and BILLY FREAKING VOLEK in case you were being sneaky. NO DICE!I give up. But your answer BETTER BE GOOD. And there better not be some LAME little asterisk like "INCLUDING RUSHING TDs" or "INCLUDING POSTSEASON GAMES" or I will SERIOUSLY GO OFF ON SOMEONE. :drive:
It was Schaub. I didn't count the Houston/Titans game from 2007, since Schaub only attempted 5 passes and only made it half a quarter.Edit: Actually, crazily enough, if you count the Houston/Titans game, Schaub has passed for 4156 yards in his last 16 games- the exact same total Rivers has passed for in his last 16.

Matt Schaub is A?
NONE of those add up to 26! Sooooooo.....unless my math is way off (which wouldn't surprise me considering that it's way past my bedtime, I've had a bit to drink, and I haven't taken a math class in 20 years), but I just don't think Player A exists. I even checked on Vick, Brady, Carson Palmer and BILLY FREAKING VOLEK in case you were being sneaky. NO DICE!I give up. But your answer BETTER BE GOOD. And there better not be some LAME little asterisk like "INCLUDING RUSHING TDs" or "INCLUDING POSTSEASON GAMES" or I will SERIOUSLY GO OFF ON SOMEONE. :drive:
It was Schaub. I didn't count the Houston/Titans game from 2007, since Schaub only attempted 5 passes and only made it half a quarter.Edit: Actually, crazily enough, if you count the Houston/Titans game, Schaub has passed for 4156 yards in his last 16 games- the exact same total Rivers has passed for in his last 16.
seriously? how about you let everyone know what the rules are next time. like every rule ,.. llike the fact that you're only counting the last 16 games the QB played not the games he missed. which is a big difference. your stats should read OVER HIS LAST 16 GAMES, not OVER THE LAST 16 GAMES, because that is a difference.And, oh, let's not count that game that Matt Schaub started, threw 5 passes and left hurt. Did he play that game or not? It counts.If you're just trying to look smart, do a better job.

Looking even deeper, it gets even more bizarre if you add in the rushing totals. If you decide to count Schaub's game against the Titans where he threw 5 passes, then here are the rushing+passing yardage totals for the 3 QBs in their last 16 games:

Schaub: 4146

Rivers: 4156

Rodgers: 4181

Further, all three QBs are between 26 and 28 years old. All three QBs were first-day draft picks who held a clipboard for 2-3 years behind a multiple pro bowler before finally getting a starting job of their own. The similarities are actually kind of eerie.

seriously? how about you let everyone know what the rules are next time. like every rule ,.. llike the fact that you're only counting the last 16 games the QB played not the games he missed. which is a big difference. your stats should read OVER HIS LAST 16 GAMES, not OVER THE LAST 16 GAMES, because that is a difference.And, oh, let's not count that game that Matt Schaub started, threw 5 passes and left hurt. Did he play that game or not? It counts.If you're just trying to look smart, do a better job.
Seems to me that the "rules" were clear enough, based on the replies received. And like I pointed out in the post you just quoted, it doesn't really matter whether you count that Texans/Titans game or not- either way, the stats (comp%, YPA, total yards, TDs, INTs, QB Rating) are all remarkably similar. As are the ages and situations.Edit: I don't know how on earth I could be trying to "look smart", seeing as I'm just posting statistics without offering any sort of analysis, opinion, or conclusions.

Matt Schaub is A?
NONE of those add up to 26! Sooooooo.....unless my math is way off (which wouldn't surprise me considering that it's way past my bedtime, I've had a bit to drink, and I haven't taken a math class in 20 years), but I just don't think Player A exists. I even checked on Vick, Brady, Carson Palmer and BILLY FREAKING VOLEK in case you were being sneaky. NO DICE!I give up. But your answer BETTER BE GOOD. And there better not be some LAME little asterisk like "INCLUDING RUSHING TDs" or "INCLUDING POSTSEASON GAMES" or I will SERIOUSLY GO OFF ON SOMEONE. :lmao:
:lmao:

Matt Schaub is A?
NONE of those add up to 26! Sooooooo.....unless my math is way off (which wouldn't surprise me considering that it's way past my bedtime, I've had a bit to drink, and I haven't taken a math class in 20 years), but I just don't think Player A exists. I even checked on Vick, Brady, Carson Palmer and BILLY FREAKING VOLEK in case you were being sneaky. NO DICE!I give up. But your answer BETTER BE GOOD. And there better not be some LAME little asterisk like "INCLUDING RUSHING TDs" or "INCLUDING POSTSEASON GAMES" or I will SERIOUSLY GO OFF ON SOMEONE. :thumbup:
Are you serious here???

Matt Schaub is A?
NONE of those add up to 26! Sooooooo.....unless my math is way off (which wouldn't surprise me considering that it's way past my bedtime, I've had a bit to drink, and I haven't taken a math class in 20 years), but I just don't think Player A exists. I even checked on Vick, Brady, Carson Palmer and BILLY FREAKING VOLEK in case you were being sneaky. NO DICE!I give up. But your answer BETTER BE GOOD. And there better not be some LAME little asterisk like "INCLUDING RUSHING TDs" or "INCLUDING POSTSEASON GAMES" or I will SERIOUSLY GO OFF ON SOMEONE. :rolleyes:
You might want to loosen up that necktie a little, guy.

Matt Schaub is A?
NONE of those add up to 26! Sooooooo.....unless my math is way off (which wouldn't surprise me considering that it's way past my bedtime, I've had a bit to drink, and I haven't taken a math class in 20 years), but I just don't think Player A exists. I even checked on Vick, Brady, Carson Palmer and BILLY FREAKING VOLEK in case you were being sneaky. NO DICE!I give up. But your answer BETTER BE GOOD. And there better not be some LAME little asterisk like "INCLUDING RUSHING TDs" or "INCLUDING POSTSEASON GAMES" or I will SERIOUSLY GO OFF ON SOMEONE. :cry:
;)

Users who are viewing this thread