Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Peanut Shells

Juxtatarot

Do you eat them?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For you people that eat the shells, do you just pop the whole thing in your mouth or do you eat the peanut and then the shell?

pop the whole thing in your mouth and chow down. the whole point is simplicity. no muss, no fuss.there's no point in shelling it first and then eating the shells afterwards.
I always open them first. Sometimes I toss the peanut and only eat the shell. They make your poop really hard, but dont hurt half as much as sharp sunflower seed shells.

When I was younger I would occasionally eat the whole thing for a kick of salt. Now that I'm older and realize that the amount of sodium is just too much I would never dare to. Also, just FYI, peanuts are in the top 10 of most pesticide laden foods so if you're not eating organic ones consuming the shells is actually poisoning you.

GB

Wow. I wasn't aware that ANYONE ate peanut shells. Truly shocking.

;) I grew up in an area where there is an annual peanut festival and peanuts at most restaurants but I have never seen anyone eat the shells.

Wow. I wasn't aware that ANYONE ate peanut shells. Truly shocking.

;) I grew up in an area where there is an annual peanut festival and peanuts at most restaurants but I have never seen anyone eat the shells.
I remember the occasional kid in elementary school doing it on a dare. These are the same kids that would also swallow the gum if you dared them too. Never knew anyone did it on a regular basis.

Eat them sometimes.. depending on how fresh they are, always just eat the entire peanut. Eating the shell alone is pointless.

After reading this thread yesterday I couldn't pass up buying some peanuts while at the store last night, and yes, I ate some shells

Archived