What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

Question: I bought a new tv a few months back, and when I play games like LA Noire or the new Batman, it seems to have a "shadow" of sorts when the characters run. Like around their legs or body. So, is this a game issue and something that is common, or a problem with my set? I have HDMI cables hooked up to my PS3 port, and I'm very happy with my actual television picture.

Thought this thread would be a good place to ask.

I've decided to try out the Uncharted series. I'm up to Chapter 4 on the first game. So far, it's a beautiful game and it seems to have a pretty decent story, but I'm absolutely hating the combat - particularly the aiming / shooting system. Is this game worth sticking with?
I suck at shooters in general but I finally got the feeling for it. I never used the "back against the wall" tactic and then lean around. I always stayed looking forward and then flip shoulders back and forth to get good angles. What difficulty level are you playing? Crushing mode was pretty tough but I got brought it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the Nintendo Store today and checked out the new Zelda and Super Mario Land 3D. Zelda was good, but the SML3D was AWESOME. I could definitely see upgrading my kid's DS to a 3DS so I can check out this game plus the new Mario Kart 7 coming out. The 3D was REALLY well done.

I've decided to try out the Uncharted series. I'm up to Chapter 4 on the first game. So far, it's a beautiful game and it seems to have a pretty decent story, but I'm absolutely hating the combat - particularly the aiming / shooting system. Is this game worth sticking with?
Yes. Nuff Said.

Holy crap! I just realized the Steam Holiday Sale will soon be here. :wall: It seems like I just barely bought 10 new games that I have not played. :bag:

I would just like to take a moment to wish ball cancer (both left and right) to the Demon's Souls level 3-1 designer. That is all. Carry on.

Uncharted uses the exact same shooting mechanics all the way through, and you'll spend most of your time in gunfights. I love the combat in this game, but if hate it so far, well, the rest of the franchise is going to be more of the same.

I would just like to take a moment to wish ball cancer (both left and right) to the Demon's Souls level 3-1 designer. That is all. Carry on.
You obviously haven't gotten to 5-2 yet. Have fun with that one.
I'm probably done with it for now. 3-1 torqued me off enough that I am shelving it for now and moving on to Skyrim. I hope to get back to it some day but, knowing me, Skyrim will likely eat up enough of my time that I never quite get back to it. My game time is obviously very limited in scope compared to what a lot of players here have. I have to make choices, I simply don't have time for multiple games at once.

Uncharted uses the exact same shooting mechanics all the way through, and you'll spend most of your time in gunfights. I love the combat in this game, but if hate it so far, well, the rest of the franchise is going to be more of the same.
Thanks, I appreciate the honesty. I'll probably shelve these games and move on. Looks like I can get Dead Island used for around $30 now, so I'll probably check that out next.

I'm guessing I'm one of the few who are still trying to milk the last bit out of the PS2, partly because I'm somewhat cheap, partly because I don't play much. Anyways, after reading the Skyrim thread, sort of got the urge to dust that off and plug it in. Here's a few I've recently tried1) Resident Evil 4 - got this used yesterday at a shop for $10. This was my first Resident Evil game and I'm not that good at FPS. While 3rd person, still resembles in concept some of the features I'm not good at in FPS. Played part of the first level last night, got killed a couple times a I was getting used to controls and game play. We'll see about this one, would like to pick it back up and get game play down (e.g. give it a chance) before deciding how I feel about it.2) Dark Cloud 2 - picked this up about a year ago used, just tried it for the first time over the weekend. Sort of like a Zelda style game. Didn't really get into it and didn't get the combining weapons/inventions/items thing. Not sure I'll pick it up again.3) Final Fantasy X - had played about 4 hours of game time about 6 months ago. Picked it back up again last night. I was a big FF fan on nintendo, super nintendo and the original playstation, but hadn't played a version for a long time. I think I'll be playing this one for the time being.I also really enjoyed God of War and will probably get God of War 2 somewhere down the line. What strikes me most about how the PS2 has held up over time is the graphic engines are pretty poor compared to current consoles even though the games still seem pretty good.
resident Evil 4 is EXCELLENT - i have it for the Wii - brilliant game.If you like final Fantasy X (and i think it's just OK) - you will LOVE Final Fantasy XII - it is definitely in the top 3 in the series.I highly highly recommend FF XII

For any Wii gamers that have hacked their Wii - I highly recommending torrenting Xenoblade Chronicles (which I felt OK stealing since it is not even available for purchase in the US)

Absolutely fantastic role playing experience. Best Wii game i've played and it played as good or better than Final Fantasy XII which was a great JRPG game.

I am on the lookout for any killer 360 deals. Please link any you come across. I'm only interested in new ones and I'm willing to go the aracde route (4GB), only if it comes w/ an additional 250GB HDD too.

TIA.

I picked up Fallout Vegas for PS3 for $8 today from Best Buy (no shipping fees either). I'm still heavy into BF3 so I'm not sure when I'll get to Fallout, but for $8, why not???

For any Wii gamers that have hacked their Wii - I highly recommending torrenting Xenoblade Chronicles (which I felt OK stealing since it is not even available for purchase in the US)Absolutely fantastic role playing experience. Best Wii game i've played and it played as good or better than Final Fantasy XII which was a great JRPG game.
What game(s)? are in this. Xenogears from ps1 could have the best storyline in a videogame ever and Xenosaga from ps2 was great although I did not play #2&3 since they made them much later and animeish.

For any Wii gamers that have hacked their Wii - I highly recommending torrenting Xenoblade Chronicles (which I felt OK stealing since it is not even available for purchase in the US)Absolutely fantastic role playing experience. Best Wii game i've played and it played as good or better than Final Fantasy XII which was a great JRPG game.
What game(s)? are in this. Xenogears from ps1 could have the best storyline in a videogame ever and Xenosaga from ps2 was great although I did not play #2&3 since they made them much later and animeish.
no, it's a brand new game just called xenoblade chronicles. it's not a compilation of games.just one new game with a pretty good story line, nice graphics for the wii, solid gameplay after you get used to it (and you have to be patient.. it's unlike any rpg you've played), and lots of overall cool features.It was a captivating 70 hours and i'm not a sidequest guy but if you really did everything you could easily go 100 hours on this game.

Probably not the right crowd for this question but has anyone played the new Zelda for the Wii?
Halfway though it
Been playing the new Zelda Wii game, "skyward sword". Pretty typical for a Zelda game so far. First few hours are mostly watching cut scenes about some mythology. A lot of learning controls. A few annoying things with the setup... can't skip through dialog, have to read about how many rupees a red jewel is worth every time I find one, etc. Motion control isn't as sensitive or accurate add it should be, even the most simple of enemies is difficult unless you wave the wiimote exactly right, and it never seems to calibrate like it should. It quickly loses track of orientation. Z-targeting doesn't seem to work as well as in Ocarina, and apparently was purposely left out for projectiles... like if you use the slingshot, you have to aim by pointing at the screen even if you were just Z-targeting a second ago.Some minor flaws, maybe it just takes getting used to. I'm still pretty early into it.
Still annoyed by a few things, but getting used to it. Game definitely picks up with fewer cut scenes once it gets going. Had a pretty good puzzle temple the other day. Overall it feels like the temples are smaller than in previous Zelda games, but I was grateful of that the one time (so far) I had to go back through one for a second round.Control system is still a bit wonky, but I'm adjusting.

That seems to be the typical knock on Zelda - the controls are just okay and at times quite frustrating.

I'm just wondering if my 13 y.o. son would like it. Does it matter if you haven't played any of the older Zelda games?

Orcs Must Die is $3.74 today on Steam. Got 83/100 on Metacritic. I am about certain on getting this one.

That seems to be the typical knock on Zelda - the controls are just okay and at times quite frustrating.I'm just wondering if my 13 y.o. son would like it. Does it matter if you haven't played any of the older Zelda games?
Not connected at all to any previous Zelda games. It's got Zelda, Link, some swords, a triforce symbol, and the Zelda-gameplay structure (temples, treasure chests, puzzles, shops, etc.) but other than that, totally a separate "universe" from the others. No Gannon. No Epona the horse. Totally a stand-alone installment. This one has electrical machines & robots, for example. Your guide is some sort of magic computer chick.Kid would probably like it. It's just as good as the other Zelda games, not really "groundbreaking" or anything. While there are things to knock on it, it's still a good 95 out of 100 for what it is.As far as frustrating controls, here's a tip that I picked up quick that saved a ton of frustration... every temple has the Zelda standard Boss Room, which you can only get into by finding the Boss Key. Apparently, just to add to the "interactivity"/frustration part of the game, the Boss Key is some weird 3D shape that you have to rotate into position to fit in the lock. First one is easy, just a cube to fit in a square hole, but as the temples get tougher the shape of the key gets more complicated (of course, it's still only six axes, so it's just complication for complication's sake). Anyway, the tip I have: when you're trying to fit the key in the lock, unhook yourself from that damned Wiimote and just hold it in your hand. Trying to rotate along the six axes while having the thing strapped to your wrist is impossible.

I picked up Fallout Vegas for PS3 for $8 today from Best Buy (no shipping fees either). I'm still heavy into BF3 so I'm not sure when I'll get to Fallout, but for $8, why not???
It's a great game. I still have a lot of the DLC to complete myself.

I am on the lookout for any killer 360 deals. Please link any you come across. I'm only interested in new ones and I'm willing to go the aracde route (4GB), only if it comes w/ an additional 250GB HDD too.

TIA.
This will be $199 later today or tom
Awesome, thanks. Is the the 'new' slim 360?
Grrr, just realized that this was a 'doorbuster' thing. No interest in that, bummer. Thanks though.

How do you pronounce SKYRIM? Is it SKY-RIM(two syllables) or SKRIM(one syllable)?
I pronounce it Di-vors if you have a wife that doesn't like you spending entire weekends in the basement playing video games when you're a 41 year old father.

TIA.
This will be $199 later today or tom
Awesome, thanks. Is the the 'new' slim 360?
Grrr, just realized that this was a 'doorbuster' thing. No interest in that, bummer. Thanks though.
Best Buy had the exact same offer going yesterday. Sold out online so I went to a store and grabbed one. It is the 360S btw. :thumbup: Also got Forza 4 for $35 and Battlefield 3 for $29. They had Batman AC for $29 as well but they were sold out.

Batman: Arkham City is a pretty amazing game. Easily the test game of 2011 that I have played.
Looking forward to playing this game when I get my PS3 for Christmas. I'm getting that one and NBA 2k12. Are there any more must games to have right now? I know the hoops game probably isn't the most popular, but I'm a huge hoops fan, so that's why I'm getting it.

Batman: Arkham City is a pretty amazing game. Easily the test game of 2011 that I have played.
Looking forward to playing this game when I get my PS3 for Christmas. I'm getting that one and NBA 2k12. Are there any more must games to have right now? I know the hoops game probably isn't the most popular, but I'm a huge hoops fan, so that's why I'm getting it.
If you haven't played it already, you should absolutely play Arkham Asylum (the first one) before you play Arkham City.

still pissed that amazon sold out of Uncharted3 in minutes on Friday....
:goodposting:I don't know when I'll get around to Uncharted 3 (playing Skyrim now, and I want to play through Dark Souls at least once more), but I love the franchise and I don't know that I want to wait around for it to hit $30 again.

I got both Deus Ex and Uncharted 3 at Best Buy on Thursday night.

Probably wait on U3 until I get through the first two, so Deus Ex is next up I guess.

Has anyone started Assassins Creed: Revelations yet? I got it but haven't started.
I've been keeping an eye on the thread for this, doesn't look like anyone's posted about it. I heard somewhat disappointing reviews.Let me know what you think, I've asked for it for Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread