What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

new king of fighters game getting postive reviews.

hopefully means a snk vs capcom game soon. loved that on teh dreamcast.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Steve Tasker said:
Has anyone started Assassins Creed: Revelations yet? I got it but haven't started.
I've been keeping an eye on the thread for this, doesn't look like anyone's posted about it. I heard somewhat disappointing reviews.Let me know what you think, I've asked for it for Christmas.
So I played for a while last night. Its fun but I can see the complaints. Its basically the same game as ACII and AC:Brotherhood. There are a couple of small changes, but nothing significant. So I bet people are kind of bored with it.I love the AC series, so I like it.

'Steve Tasker said:
Has anyone started Assassins Creed: Revelations yet? I got it but haven't started.
I've been keeping an eye on the thread for this, doesn't look like anyone's posted about it. I heard somewhat disappointing reviews.Let me know what you think, I've asked for it for Christmas.
So I played for a while last night. Its fun but I can see the complaints. Its basically the same game as ACII and AC:Brotherhood. There are a couple of small changes, but nothing significant. So I bet people are kind of bored with it.I love the AC series, so I like it.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I heard. Basically the same game as the last two, and some of the new gameplay elements - there's some sort of tower-defense game in this - kinda suck. I hear the ending is good, though, and ties it all together.

'Steve Tasker said:
I'm fine with more of the same. Hard to expect anything else, really, given how quickly they are churning these games out now.

'Steve Tasker said:
I'm fine with more of the same. Hard to expect anything else, really, given how quickly they are churning these games out now.
They should hook up and teach Bethesda how to do gameplay/player control. Skyrim mixed with AC = Best game ever.

Trine 2 releases Wednesday on Steam. Consoles get it in 2 weeks. Paging Mad Cow.

About to start Dead Island. Any pointers?
Return it.
Seriously? Been looking forward to this. Is it really that bad?
When the game first came out it was littered with both bugs and general game play issues. The developers took a long time to fix, but in November a massive patch came out that improved game play and fixed a ton of bugs. You should get to play a much better version of the game now then people who tried it in the first few months it was released. The general rating for the game has been an 8 out of 10 so while it is not going to be Bioshock or Skyrim quality, I bet you will get some fun out of it.

Anyone played Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands? $4.99 at Best Buy today.

They also have Fling Smash and Kirby: Epic Yarn for the Wii for $8 each.

And a lot of others:

Wii:

Cabela's North American Adventures Bonus Pack $9.99

Active Life: Explorer Bundle $11.99

Disney Club Penguin Game Day - Nintendo Wii $9.99

GoldenEye 007 - Nintendo Wii $11.99

Xbox 360

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith $4.99

DJ Hero $4.99

DarkStar One: Broken Alliance $4.99

RUSE $7.99

Stormrise $7.99

Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $8.99

EA Sports MMA $8.99

Lego Rock Band $8.99

Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Dagger $8.99

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $9.99

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $9.99

Damnation $10.99

Dead Rising 2 $11.99

NCAA Football 11 $11.99

TRON: Evolution $11.99

Midnight Club: Los Angeles $11.99

Blood Bowl $12.99 Hunted:

The Demon's Forge $12.99

Operation Flashpoint: Red River $14.99

WWE All Stars $17.99

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition $29.99

PS3

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock $4.99

Kung Fu Rider $6.99

Alpha Protocol $7.99

Stormrise $7.99

EA Sports MMA $8.99

Quantum Theory $8.99

NBA 09 The Inside $8.99

Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $8.99

Brink $9.99

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $9.99

Power Gig: Rise of the SixString $9.99

Dead Rising 2 $11.99

Madden NFL 11 $11.99

TRON: Evolution $11.99

Top Spin 4 $11.99

'Arizona Ron said:
'STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
'Arizona Ron said:
Star Wars MMO. Just ordered a new gaming PC. Can't wait :pickle:
Does this hurt your street cred? I need to know, because I don't want my "I know a black guy on the internet" street cred to be affected.
Only if you wear guild t-shirts to the bar.
Do you?

How is Rage Co-op? On sale for $23 on Amazon today and considering picking up 2 to play with my brother.

thinking about buying a wii for the kids, what do i need to know?
They make great (& expensive) Netflix players. How old are they? Ours collects dust.I recommend the 3DS. It's not as loud, the games are slightly cheaper, it's a portable netflix streamer, and its a little more personal to them.

They make great (& expensive) Netflix players. How old are they? Ours collects dust.I recommend the 3DS. It's not as loud, the games are slightly cheaper, it's a portable netflix streamer, and its a little more personal to them.
thanks for the reply, kids are 6 and 4, have a ps3 but most of the games seem a little advanced for them

thanks for the reply, kids are 6 and 4, have a ps3 but most of the games seem a little advanced for them
What I dislike about the Wii the most is the remote. Our old TV died and I just can't let the girls even have the chance to hurl a wii-mote at my 55" Plasma. IF you don't go the 3DS rout, maybe consider a 360 Kinect bundle. Wii-mote of death < Hands free

Plus, Nintendo will release a new console this next year, so it might be worth the wait to get that instead.

So I started playing Deus Ex last night. I like the atmosphere and the story seems cool. I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to sneak around and have no clue what they want me to do with the hacking (and yet I was able to hack the first two doors so... :shrug: ).

It's still amazing to me how some developers are so good at facial movements (like Bioware in Mass Effect) but others, like in Deus Ex, still look really last-gen.

I've been trying to sell an unopened Skyrim Collector's Edition for Xbox 360 locally for $90. That's what I have in it. Sadly, no love as of yet. Just wanted to complain to someone not my wife (she may have me killed if I complain any more to her).

Speaking of Skyrim, Toys R Us is supposed to have Skyrim on sale for $39.99 starting this Sunday (18th thru 24th). There are likely to be other big name titles on sale for $20 off too, but I haven't seen the ad. Stay tuned and either buy at TRU or have one of the competitors match it.

Just started inFamous. :thumbup:Any tips?
I loved it. Hit the R3 button a lot and pick up shards where ever you can, will help you build more hit points. It's also fun to listen to all the drops. I found every shard, tape, and cleared out every area on the map, it was just a really fun game. inFamous 2 is good as well. If you have a particular question let me know.

Plus, Nintendo will release a new console this next year, so it might be worth the wait to get that instead.So I started playing Deus Ex last night. I like the atmosphere and the story seems cool. I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to sneak around and have no clue what they want me to do with the hacking (and yet I was able to hack the first two doors so... :shrug: ). It's still amazing to me how some developers are so good at facial movements (like Bioware in Mass Effect) but others, like in Deus Ex, still look really last-gen.
I assume you mean the new one. The original is still one of my favorite all-time, and I'm considering looking at the new one despite the awfulness of the second.

Just started inFamous. :thumbup:Any tips?
pretty cool game. it was one of my "we're sorry" free games from Sony. pick a side (good/bad), try to zap guys in the face, and be ready to do a LOT of building climbing.when you get the power that lets you kinda "fly", the game doubles in pimpiness.

Plus, Nintendo will release a new console this next year, so it might be worth the wait to get that instead.So I started playing Deus Ex last night. I like the atmosphere and the story seems cool. I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to sneak around and have no clue what they want me to do with the hacking (and yet I was able to hack the first two doors so... :shrug: ). It's still amazing to me how some developers are so good at facial movements (like Bioware in Mass Effect) but others, like in Deus Ex, still look really last-gen.
I assume you mean the new one. The original is still one of my favorite all-time, and I'm considering looking at the new one despite the awfulness of the second.
Yes, the new one. I tried playing the original but it's just too far back in terms of graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread