What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

Bayonetta-

I didn't like the demo when I first played it but I found myself going back to it and playing to improve my score even though it's only a limited amount of enemies and not the full game. I then caved and brought the game and am not disappointed. I loved all the little jokes and references that were made through out the game.

solid A- from me,imo

First - CoD: Black Ops - Standard cookie cutter CoD game imo.

Second - Metal Gear Solid: Rising - Looks like a good action game ala Devil May Cry.

GEARs update NOW

First - CoD: Black Ops - Standard cookie cutter CoD game imo.

Second - Metal Gear Solid: Rising - Looks like a good action game ala Devil May Cry.

GEARs update NOW
I thought the same thing about MGS:R. I told someone it looks more like Devil May Cry than MGS.

Gears of War 3 demo looks good. Graphics were some the best I have ever seen. Looked like they upped the speed of roddie run a bit. They tagged a frag onto their meatshield and sent him back towards the enemy as a mine. Four player co-op looks like it will be a hit. Also, they mentioned a new mode called Beast, didn't show it yet.

Kinect(Natal) looks cool. Looks like they are making a play on phone companies. I could see people just getting the system for this to talk long distances.

Kinect(Natal) looks cool. Looks like they are making a play on phone companies. I could see people just getting the system for this to talk long distances.
I would have liked to see them touch more on Windows 7 mobile integration. So far we haven't really seen anything new or ground breaking. Pretty much exactly what we thought Natal was going to be / shown last year. Maybe we will see something here in a few...

Last edited by a moderator:
I may finally have a reason to mod my 360 if they could make a "kinectimals" mod that had a naked chick instead of a fuzzy animal for me to "tickle."

Is Sony gonna have news on their Move games? They have to redesign that thing, it looks like a Fisher Price toy.

Breakdown of Microsoft's Conference:

- Trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops

- Gameplay demo of CoD: Black Ops

Announcements of timed-exclusive map packs for Call of Duty games for the next 3 years

- Kinect is Natal's new name

- Hideo Kojima takes the stage

Talks about Metal Gear Solid: Rising, shows game footage. It looks more Devil May Cry than Metal Gear Solid.

Every Game, Every Demo, Every Experience from here on only available on XBox 360

- Gears of War 3 - Out comes Cliffy B, they demo 4-player co-op with actual live game-play.

- Fable 3

- Codename Kingdoms by Crytek (it looks like the movie Gladiator)

- Halo Reach

Campaign demo - Grenade launcher looks badass!

Space combat scene - think X-Wing vs Tie Fighter

- XBox Live is coming to Windows Phone 7

- Kinect demo: Sign in, interface control

- VideoKinect demo: Video chat (these girls are terrible actors)

I still can't understand why anyone would want to see me when they call unless they're here. Sorry, I'm thinking aloud.

- ESPN On Demand is coming to XBox Live

- More Kinects - Games:

Kinectimals

Kinect Sports (Soccer, Bowling, Ping Pong, Track, Volleyball, etc)

Joyride (funny, this game was just an XBLA game last year)

Kinect Adventures

Your Shape (fitness evolved) by Ubisoft

Note: I wanna see a fatty try one of these. All of these people are in great shape.

Dance Central by MTV Games & Harmonix

Kinect Star Wars game!

Turn10 Sorry, apparently this IS Forza Motorsport for Kinect (racing game by the makers of Forza)

- New XBox 360 Slim (250 GB HDD, Built in Wifi all for the same price) available THIS WEEK!

Note: not mentioned during the conference, existing Elites will be discounted to $249, Arcades to $149, while the new 360 will be $299. No announcement for Kinect pricing yet. But Kinect launch date is November 4th.

I think that's it.

As PS3 (and dust-collecting Wii) owner, I will admit the idea of Kinect seems cool and more intriguing than the Move. My ultimate interest will depend on the execution and game types, but I'll be watching this.

As PS3 (and dust-collecting Wii) owner, I will admit the idea of Kinect seems cool and more intriguing than the Move. My ultimate interest will depend on the execution and game types, but I'll be watching this.
I have very close to zero interest in Move. If Sony does to the PS3 what Microsoft is apparently doing to the 360 -- turning it into a Wii with HD -- I'm going to be ticked.

I have very close to zero interest in Move. If Sony does to the PS3 what Microsoft is apparently doing to the 360 -- turning it into a Wii with HD -- I'm going to be ticked.
From all the early developments I've seen, Sony wants Move to cater more to the hardcore audience than Wii and Microsoft have. I'm more optimistic about Move.

Why would you be "ticked"? Wouldn't you just not buy the peripheral/games?

Why would you be "ticked"? Wouldn't you just not buy the peripheral/games?
Because everything has an opportunity cost. I don't Ubisoft working on motion-control shovelware; I want them to make stuff that I'd actually play. Every time a developer produces something like that river rafting thing, that's one less "real" game out there.To a lesser extent, I feel the same way about 3D gaming. I get why Sony wants to do this, but there's no way I'm buying a 3D tv any time in the next several years. So I'd really prefer that Guerilla, for example, focuses on making KZ3 as good as possible instead of having resources siphoned off for 3D support.

From all the early developments I've seen, Sony wants Move to cater more to the hardcore audience than Wii and Microsoft have. I'm more optimistic about Move.
Could you explain this to me?more hardcore audience?

here

Hardcore audience, referring to players of shooters, RPGs, Action, etc as opposed to the Casual gamer audience of Peggle, Wii Sports, Tetris, Bejeweled, etc.Both the XBox 360 and PS3 are known as hardcore gamer consoles, although you can find a variety of other games for them. PC Gamers are known to be the most hardcore.

I believe there are a couple of FPS in development for the Move already and they play pretty well.

madshot31 said:
Gears of War 3 demo looks good. Graphics were some the best I have ever seen. Looked like they upped the speed of roddie run a bit. They tagged a frag onto their meatshield and sent him back towards the enemy as a mine. Four player co-op looks like it will be a hit. Also, they mentioned a new mode called Beast, didn't show it yet.
They have "Beast" mode in GOW2. It's when someone bridges or you get stuck in a hosted match from Mexico or France. Beast.

1. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. Game play looks incredible. It appears to have online multiplayer where one can be the pursuit car, while the other is the suspect. Looks fun.

Release: Nov 16

madshot31 said:
They have "Beast" mode in GOW2. It's when someone bridges or you get stuck in a hosted match from Mexico or France. Beast.
They lowered the ping limits a few weeks ago, and I haven't been in a single Europe game since. In fact my only "bad" connections are when I play on East coast FBG hosts since when I join a game solo or with west coast people, it places me in great connection games.

Up Next: Medal of Honor

They are showing a 24 player multiplayer competition. As soon as I find a video for this, I'll add it. It looks great.

Multiplayer Beta starts June 21st on 360, PS3, and PC. Game releases Oct 12.

Sorry this needed being said again to bump.

Medal of Honor Multiplayer Beta starts June 21st on 360, PS3, and PC. Game releases Oct 12.

Hell Yeah!

Now showing: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam! Holy ####! Aww, just a teaser.

The new Medal of Honor looks so much better and the game play was crisper than CoD: Black Ops. Of course the CoD will sell probably 5x as much.

Up next: EA Sports MMA

I'm sorry I'm making these quick posts. I thought it'd make it easier.

Next up: Interactive fitness.. Excuse me as I use the bathroom for this.

Apparently that was EA Sports Active 2, out Nov 16, if you care.

Next up: Madden '11

Madden '11 - They brought Joe Montana on the stage to help talk about the new way to call plays. I didn't catch how it was different. I'll have to wait until it's out or for more info.

Now showing: Crysis 2

"a new kind of sandbox experience, we give you the tools, the guns, the grenades, and the ultimate weapon, the nanosuit"

"Most intelligent enemies ever in a first person shooter"

Looks sick. I hope it plays better than the first did.

Cliffy B out for BulletStorm. I saw a demo of this the other day. It didn't look too bad. Let's see what they have today.

"You do cool #### so you can unlock more cool ####, so you can shoot more cool ####: It's the circle of awesome"

"You scared the #### off me" : actual game dialog during demo just now. This dialog is funny.

Release date: February 22, 2011

Next up: Sounds like The Old Republic.

I was correct. Star Wars The Old Republic

Do want. But I cringe at the thought of playing another MMO.

Users who are viewing this thread