What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

RBI Baseball 14 launched on the xbox 360 today I believe, should be fun.
Tomorrow.
My bad, weird because they usually release content on tuesdays..
Arcade is always Wednesday, iirc. Just downloaded this (it's $19.99) - won't get to play until tonight.
Downloaded the trial. Two words:

meh
I think that's one word? :unsure:
Meh twice then.

Wanted to like this, but it's not fun for one player. They really phoned this in. It's probably ok for a quick couch co-op game, but that's about it.
Yea - it's almost like they purposefully made it dull to appeal to the casual crowd, which is fine but they went to far. It's a horrifically bland and BORING game. ( yes baseball too, but I 'm talking about this game =p ) They somehow managed to make a game in 2014 on the 360/PS3 that's unequivocally worse then a game made in the mid 1980s. That's 80s with a capital 8!

They should be caned in public for having the audacity to charge $20.
Yea I really don't get what they were aiming for here. Why only 4 pitchers? Why not count stats? None of that stuff is ultra hard core and none of it would turn any casual gamers off. Very bizarre. I've played 2 games and doubt I can sit through much more of it.
Sad to hear. Also $20?? They be crazy! I was think $5 maybe $10 max while adding in stats and a little more functionality with the nice old school gameplay.

madshot31 said:
Premier said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
jwb said:
The Hank said:
RBI Baseball 14 launched on the xbox 360 today I believe, should be fun.
Tomorrow.
My bad, weird because they usually release content on tuesdays..
Arcade is always Wednesday, iirc. Just downloaded this (it's $19.99) - won't get to play until tonight.
Downloaded the trial. Two words:

meh
I think that's one word? :unsure:
Meh twice then.

Wanted to like this, but it's not fun for one player. They really phoned this in. It's probably ok for a quick couch co-op game, but that's about it.
Yea - it's almost like they purposefully made it dull to appeal to the casual crowd, which is fine but they went to far. It's a horrifically bland and BORING game. ( yes baseball too, but I 'm talking about this game =p ) They somehow managed to make a game in 2014 on the 360/PS3 that's unequivocally worse then a game made in the mid 1980s. That's 80s with a capital 8!

They should be caned in public for having the audacity to charge $20.
Yea I really don't get what they were aiming for here. Why only 4 pitchers? Why not count stats? None of that stuff is ultra hard core and none of it would turn any casual gamers off. Very bizarre. I've played 2 games and doubt I can sit through much more of it.
Sad to hear. Also $20?? They be crazy! I was think $5 maybe $10 max while adding in stats and a little more functionality with the nice old school gameplay.
I found out what the deal is. It's made by MLB. As in literally , it's made by Major League Baseball's own tiny little in house game division.

Another complaint about RBI. Disappointed to the fullest with it. So much potential yet so much wasted.
Maybe I'm thinking of a different older game (but I could swear it was RBI - like 92 or 93?), but I remember much larger rosters, setting up my rotation/bullpen, etc. That's what I was hoping we were getting.

I was also hoping for gameplay to be a little better. I see what they were going for, but it could have been a little less clunky.

They were going to add an online multiplayer in the summer. Maybe they add some things people want and salvage it?

Another complaint about RBI. Disappointed to the fullest with it. So much potential yet so much wasted.
Maybe I'm thinking of a different older game (but I could swear it was RBI - like 92 or 93?), but I remember much larger rosters, setting up my rotation/bullpen, etc. That's what I was hoping we were getting.

I was also hoping for gameplay to be a little better. I see what they were going for, but it could have been a little less clunky.

They were going to add an online multiplayer in the summer. Maybe they add some things people want and salvage it?
Its basically a flash game. There is no fixing this without a sequel.

i have RBI 1 2 and 3 on my phone... what would you like to know...serious

Here's a question - How does it play on the phone? :)

Speaking of retro games, did anyone buy the last EA hockey game with the NHL 94 mode? How was that?

Here's a question - How does it play on the phone? :)
As good as nintendo. My profile has the roms..just download an emulator ;)

• Smile
Reactions: jwb
What was the old NES baseball game where you could edit rosters and stats. You played and earned money (playing the woman's team was the shark move).

I remember re creating our entire prep league team with a friend. Serious business.

To this day I still say baseball stars had the best fielding in a video game
It's a shame that there isn't one company out there that can take that game with no licensing expenses and update it and you'd have a massive hit.

I would pay top dollar to play the same exact game, with just pretty graphics painted right over top of the previous games same size players and field . Add in a online season and national leaderboards and stat tracking and you have a gold mine.

In fact- I should look into doing this.

Great news for anybody still playing Battlefield 4 -- now you can have multiple custom loadouts for each class instead of having to manually switch each and every little thing while the game is running. Except you can only have two loadouts for each class (four if you shelled out for Premium). And you have to go through Battlelog to set them up; you can't do it in-game. But otherwise this is great. Finally, a feature that has been a long-standing mainstay of every other FPS has made it to this title only six months after launch.

Great news for anybody still playing Battlefield 4 -- now you can have multiple custom loadouts for each class instead of having to manually switch each and every little thing while the game is running. Except you can only have two loadouts for each class (four if you shelled out for Premium). And you have to go through Battlelog to set them up; you can't do it in-game. But otherwise this is great. Finally, a feature that has been a long-standing mainstay of every other FPS has made it to this title only six months after launch.
Who makes battlefield again?

Why Diablo 3 Will be Even Better on PS4(includes game play videos, looks gorgeous!)

http://m.ign.com/videos/2014/04/12/why-diablo-iii-will-be-even-better-on-ps4-ign-conversation
I picked up a cheap used copy last week for the PS3, working under the assumption that since there's still no release date, it's going to be a little while yet. (Pretty sure characters carry over from PS3 to PS4 anyway, but even if not, no big deal). So far I've got a wizard up to level 21 and I'm already itching to go back and start over with a different class, not because I'm not liking my current character but because the game seems to play really differently depending on what class you're running and what abilities you have equipped. This is going to have a ton of replay value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am about to DL Dragonborn and Dawnstar (as well as Hearthfire a I bought the bundle for 20 bucks) for Skyrim.

How did everyone enjoy these expansion packs? And did anyone go Vampire?
Loved them all, though Hearthfire is a kinda useless attempt to turn Skyrim into Barbie's dream house. It's only a couple bucks though, and if you use alchemy, it's worth it. If you get the Mordhel house, you can get a fish hatchery to spawn river bettys (awesome for making poisons), and a garden to grow tons of wheat and blue mountain flowers (healing potions).

I went vampire my first time through Dawnguard and am currently going the Dawnguard vampire killer route. Both are pretty satisfying.

Vampires now transform like werewolves into winged vampire beasts ala. Gary Olman's Dracula or the Underworld ones. They have their own skill tree too, which is neat but not amazing. If you got his route I suggest running it with a level 20-30 character, as I did with a level 60 guy and was more powerful in human form.

They make up for not being a vampire by giving the Dawnguard a sick mountain fortress, plenty of side missions, and new weaponry. I haven't gotten that far yet, so can't comment more.

One cool semi-spoiler: at the end, you might get a badass bow of an elven god.

Dragonborn is longer, adds entire new island to explore, and comes with a lot of cool characters and dungeons. The dragon riding is WAY overrated though and pretty much useless, which was disappointing.

Why Diablo 3 Will be Even Better on PS4(includes game play videos, looks gorgeous!)http://m.ign.com/videos/2014/04/12/why-diablo-iii-will-be-even-better-on-ps4-ign-conversation
I picked up a cheap used copy last week for the PS3, working under the assumption that since there's still no release date, it's going to be a little while yet. (Pretty sure characters carry over from PS3 to PS4 anyway, but even if not, no big deal). So far I've got a wizard up to level 21 and I'm already itching to go back and start over with a different class, not because I'm not liking my current character but because the game seems to play really differently depending on what class you're running and what abilities you have equipped. This is going to have a ton of replay value.
The PS3 version was wonderful. I spent a ton of hours platinuming that game.

This will be the first game ever that I purchase twice once it becomes available for the ps4.

Oh and if you have your ps3 up and running as a game system again, get your hands on Dark Souls 2. I can't put it down.

Well I know you guys are on the edge of your seat for my weekend Fallout report. I think I found the glitchiest place in the game. It was some set of sewers I stumbled onto in DC downtown area. Sorry I forgot the name. So I get in, I'm killing stuff and finding mostly low level loot but there are a lot of combat shotguns. Which is great Terrible Shotguns don't repair themselves after all. So it seems like a nice little loot jaunt on my way to Tepid. Name a glitch and it happened here. Fall through the floor? Yep. Glitch after opening a door? Yep. Glitch during a firefight(which was actually pretty interesting graphically)? Oh yeah. Glitch for no seeming reason? Yep even one of those. Finally I went back to the save I made when I came through the door and got the heck out. Wasn't worth it. Very frustrating for a game to be this old and still have these problems.

Anyway I wandered and killed and collected for a while. Now I am doing what I think is the last of the main story. I started in Tepid on my way Andrews. Man this is a long slog with lots of tunnel changes. About halfway through but at least I got the robots to back off.

Well I know you guys are on the edge of your seat for my weekend Fallout report. I think I found the glitchiest place in the game. It was some set of sewers I stumbled onto in DC downtown area. Sorry I forgot the name. So I get in, I'm killing stuff and finding mostly low level loot but there are a lot of combat shotguns. Which is great Terrible Shotguns don't repair themselves after all. So it seems like a nice little loot jaunt on my way to Tepid. Name a glitch and it happened here. Fall through the floor? Yep. Glitch after opening a door? Yep. Glitch during a firefight(which was actually pretty interesting graphically)? Oh yeah. Glitch for no seeming reason? Yep even one of those. Finally I went back to the save I made when I came through the door and got the heck out. Wasn't worth it. Very frustrating for a game to be this old and still have these problems.

Anyway I wandered and killed and collected for a while. Now I am doing what I think is the last of the main story. I started in Tepid on my way Andrews. Man this is a long slog with lots of tunnel changes. About halfway through but at least I got the robots to back off.
You know it's funny on the glitches thing - I played for probably 40 hours on fallout 3 and 60 hours on new Vegas and never had any happen to me. For some reason, I got really lucky.

The only thing that comes close was when I was on the battleship in 3 looking for my father, I walked out on a deck and some guy fell over the side never to be seen or mentioned again.

Is that Alpha Centauri II? That would be awesome.
Wasn't that game kind of a flop? I remember not liking it even in my Civ-loving heyday.
The premise was cool. I remember there being several add ons in test of time that were associated with Alpha Centauri. One was basically middle earth. You had to recruit the other realms to fight before The dark lord awoke. One was a space adventure and one was alpha centauri. Added new and different ways to do things. I'll be in with updated graphics and tech.My mistake. It was Midgard and Norse mythology. The dark lord was an evil wizard Volsang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing Max Payne 3 the last few days. Really fun game with a pretty decent story. Haven't played the other two. Kind of tough to get used to the controls after playing so much GTA though.

Been playing Max Payne 3 the last few days. Really fun game with a pretty decent story. Haven't played the other two. Kind of tough to get used to the controls after playing so much GTA though.
I have this in my queue but I am feeling a little gamed-out lately. Also have Warhammer 40K Space Marine and Sleeping Dogs but I just can't seem to get into them.

Playing as well. I personally like the other two better.

Yea? They came out on PS2 right? I was enjoying 3 so much I looked to see if there were other ones on PS3 but I didn't see anything.

Yea? They came out on PS2 right? I was enjoying 3 so much I looked to see if there were other ones on PS3 but I didn't see anything.
1 has some horrible dream sequences that will make your ears bleed and make you want to claw your eyes out. 2 was awesome. I really enjoyed 3 as well but 2 is probably the high point.

I like your Fallout3 updates, NCC. After the first couple, I had to fire up Fallout again and traverse the Capital Wasteland again.

What platform are you playing on? I am playing on the PC and while I've had a couple of glitches, I have never seen anything like you describe above. I'm surprised that they haven't taken care of these by now.

Users who are viewing this thread