What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

Is there a good xbox 360 game that has mechs that just battle something without a ton of blood?

10 year old boy loves Pacific rim so a game that does what that movie did is perfect. ... anything?

Is there a good xbox 360 game that has mechs that just battle something without a ton of blood?

10 year old boy loves Pacific rim so a game that does what that movie did is perfect. ... anything?
Um..... I think you're in luck. There is a little known game called Titanfall. Kinda has a cult following. You might be able to find a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought titanfall was only for xbox one...

Should I add the caveat that there will be no online playing of any kind?
Yea no go for 360.

Armored Core V might be your only shot. Chromehounds is considered very sim like and hard to learn. AC is geared more towards multiplayer so it should be easier for a 10 year old.

TheAristocrat said:
Well I know you guys are on the edge of your seat for my weekend Fallout report. I think I found the glitchiest place in the game. It was some set of sewers I stumbled onto in DC downtown area. Sorry I forgot the name. So I get in, I'm killing stuff and finding mostly low level loot but there are a lot of combat shotguns. Which is great Terrible Shotguns don't repair themselves after all. So it seems like a nice little loot jaunt on my way to Tepid. Name a glitch and it happened here. Fall through the floor? Yep. Glitch after opening a door? Yep. Glitch during a firefight(which was actually pretty interesting graphically)? Oh yeah. Glitch for no seeming reason? Yep even one of those. Finally I went back to the save I made when I came through the door and got the heck out. Wasn't worth it. Very frustrating for a game to be this old and still have these problems.

Anyway I wandered and killed and collected for a while. Now I am doing what I think is the last of the main story. I started in Tepid on my way Andrews. Man this is a long slog with lots of tunnel changes. About halfway through but at least I got the robots to back off.
I like your Fallout3 updates, NCC. After the first couple, I had to fire up Fallout again and traverse the Capital Wasteland again.

What platform are you playing on? I am playing on the PC and while I've had a couple of glitches, I have never seen anything like you describe above. I'm surprised that they haven't taken care of these by now.
I'm on XBox 360. I can see this game having a ton of replayibility. I always know I have something good when I am thinking "next time I play I'll do... ". Already poised for another run.

Yankee23Fan said:
Hey guys, I'd really like a role-playing game where you wander around the countryside doing quests, casting spells, and killing monsters in a fantasy D&D type setting. Have they made any games like that? (If not, I'll settle for a game where you steal cars and run from the cops -- I'm just spit-balling ideas here).

Yankee23Fan said:
Hey guys, I'd really like a role-playing game where you wander around the countryside doing quests, casting spells, and killing monsters in a fantasy D&D type setting. Have they made any games like that? (If not, I'll settle for a game where you steal cars and run from the cops -- I'm just spit-balling ideas here).
Hello Kitty Island Adventure

So what do we think of Far Cry 3? Xbox has been pushing it. I have seen some videos of play and it looks good.
If you can get it cheap it's worth it but despite the heavy praise here it's pretty hollow and repetitive. It looks great but the 95% of the game is either climbing to the top of annoyingly created platform jumping not intended for FPS or attacking/ taking over enemy encampments. The only occasional real in the monotony is hunting game or the obligatory timed race.

Yankee23Fan said:
I know its sarcasm but there really aren't many good mech games for 360.

Too bad about that. World of Tanks would be perfect I would think. No real gore that I am aware of. Enough complexity to be interesting. But I think you have to be online to play.

Yankee23Fan said:
? What did I ask that was wrong?

Too bad about that. World of Tanks would be perfect I would think. No real gore that I am aware of. Enough complexity to be interesting. But I think you have to be online to play.
Just not ready to go there yet. We are still in the learning to trust playing video games without us in the room mode. He will get there but not yet. Yes I am probably overprotective with my kids.

Just not ready to go there yet. We are still in the learning to trust playing video games without us in the room mode. He will get there but not yet. Yes I am probably overprotective with my kids.
You got to do what you think is right for your kids.

Yankee23Fan said:
Nothing - I don't get that sarcasm either - you had a pretty valid question. There simply aren't a lot of mech games for the 360.

Your son would likely enjoy the Earth defense force games. You can get the first one (EDF 2017) dirt cheap. There is a level or three with mechs, but the rest is shooting giant bugs (very kid friendly shooter).

Skip the second entry (Insect Armageddon). The one that came out recently (EDF 2025) is definitely worth a look, and from what I read, there's a bit more of a mech component. IGN Video here

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Yankee23Fan said:

Um..... I think you're in luck. There is a little known game called Titanfall. Kinda has a cult following. You might be able to find a copy.
Chromehounds. it's 12+, but I don't remember a bunch of blood.

You might also check out the Armored Core series, although they tend to be a little...complicated? Not easy, anyway. But I really like Chromehounds, and back when they still had servers, there were huge online wars going on. I miss that.

Yankee23Fan said:
Sorry -- just giving you a hard time. You were asking about whether there were any Xbox games about mechs literally a week or so after exactly such a game just launched. (Albeit multiplayer only).

Lots of predators out there. My son plays Minecraft, and I found out some 35 year old dude from Philly was chatting in game with my son and his friend (asked them where they lived etc). It was a server that just his friends were on, but then one of them invited him. My son said "he's cool", and I had to explain the whole deal and told him no more multiplayer. I also chatted with the Philly guy and told him I'd be reporting this to a friend of mine in the FBI (which I did), to which he replied he didn't do anything wrong. I told him he wouldn't have to worry about anything then , but oddly he stopped going to that server according to my son's friends. Better safe than sorry.

Lots of predators out there. My son plays Minecraft, and I found out some 35 year old dude from Philly was chatting in game with my son and his friend (asked them where they lived etc). It was a server that just his friends were on, but then one of them invited him. My son said "he's cool", and I had to explain the whole deal and told him no more multiplayer. I also chatted with the Philly guy and told him I'd be reporting this to a friend of mine in the FBI (which I did), to which he replied he didn't do anything wrong. I told him he wouldn't have to worry about anything then , but oddly he stopped going to that server according to my son's friends.Better safe than sorry.
Damn. My TFC clan had guys (and a couple of girls) from ages 10 to 50 in it. You make it sound like what we did is a bad thing. But I don't think I've met nicer guys in my life. I'm still in contact with most of those guys, even though most of them don't even play video games any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lots of predators out there. My son plays Minecraft, and I found out some 35 year old dude from Philly was chatting in game with my son and his friend (asked them where they lived etc). It was a server that just his friends were on, but then one of them invited him. My son said "he's cool", and I had to explain the whole deal and told him no more multiplayer. I also chatted with the Philly guy and told him I'd be reporting this to a friend of mine in the FBI (which I did), to which he replied he didn't do anything wrong. I told him he wouldn't have to worry about anything then , but oddly he stopped going to that server according to my son's friends.Better safe than sorry.
Damn. My TFC clan had guys (and a couple of girls) from ages 10 to 50 in it. You make it sound like what we did is a bad thing. But I don't think I've met nicer guys in my life. I'm still in contact with most of those guys, even though most of them don't even play video games any longer.
Depends I guess to the level the guy was asking. If it was a simple "Hey, where are you from?" then it seems like that was probably overkill. If it was "Hey, what is your address?" then I can see being more concerned.

Depends I guess to the level the guy was asking. If it was a simple "Hey, where are you from?" then it seems like that was probably overkill. If it was "Hey, what is your address?" then I can see being more concerned.
Granted, in my position, we never really learned who people were and where they were from until they had been in the group for a while. I'll also mention that we really only had a couple of people below the age of 16. Clan rule was you had to be 18, but we made some rare exceptions for those who could prove that they were more mature and unfortunately we still had to make exceptions when it came to requirements of making practices and game times. I guess the big difference is that most of them came to us to join after playing in a pub we were in.

Do you live in Philly ;)

This guy was saying things like "where do you live?" The A/S/L questions. He may have meant no harm, but men shouldn't be chatting with 11 year olds. It's fine to play the same game, but building a relationship is over the line. I know you aren't like that and not everyone is a predator, but in general I don't want my kids chatting with adult strangers. In my league ( :bag: ) we have an 18+ rule to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Do you live in Philly ;)

This guy was saying things like "where do you live?" The A/S/L questions. He may have meant no harm, but men shouldn't be chatting with 11 year olds. It's fine to play the same game, but building a relationship is over the line. I know you aren't like that and not everyone is a predator, but in general I don't want my kids chatting with adult strangers. In my league ( :bag: ) we have an 18+ rule to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.
Then they shouldn't be playing multiplayer games. All ages play these, and really, age is kind of out the window once you're playing.

Listen, I agree that if they are trying to get an actual address, yea, that's creepy. Or if it goes beyond the game lobby and to e-mail or whatever, sure. Way over the line.

Kind of think you overreacted here. If you are this concerned (and it's your right to be), you need to pull the plug.

Do you live in Philly ;) This guy was saying things like "where do you live?" The A/S/L questions. He may have meant no harm, but men shouldn't be chatting with 11 year olds. It's fine to play the same game, but building a relationship is over the line. I know you aren't like that and not everyone is a predator, but in general I don't want my kids chatting with adult strangers. In my league ( :bag: ) we have an 18+ rule to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.
Then they shouldn't be playing multiplayer games. All ages play these, and really, age is kind of out the window once you're playing.

Listen, I agree that if they are trying to get an actual address, yea, that's creepy. Or if it goes beyond the game lobby and to e-mail or whatever, sure. Way over the line.

Kind of think you overreacted here. If you are this concerned (and it's your right to be), you need to pull the plug.
Its a fine line cause its your kid. In my mind I would probably knee jerk say no more multiplayer. But I wouldn't report a guy to the FBI.

My kids are 3 so I won't be letting them do multiplayer alone till I'm certain they can handle it (maybe 12 or 13). You definitely want to be proactive in your kids gaming habits.

Cooleyo is a good parent, so I'm definitely not questioning him. Your son's getting to the age where he likely has a bigger interest in playing online. Teach him to treat anyone he meets online as a stranger. You can't control what the stranger does. Asking for his location isn't right, but tell your kids not to answer personal questions. He's a good kid. He'll do the right thing if he know what that is. :)

The Diablo 3 expansion is awesome. If you loved Diablo 2 but hated Diablo 3, do yourself a favor and at least reinstall/upgrade to the latest patch. It's a whole new game now.

To add, my son has no voice programs so the guy specifically asked how old he was. If you are just chatting and it turns out to be a kid it is one thing, but to ask and then continue to build a relationship is another. When he answered where we live, the guy followed up with "oh what part, I have a friend who lives there". Thankfully he didn't answer that because it seemed weird to him. May be an over reaction but I don't regret it.

Thanks for the idea. And it's ok IK - I really just missed the sarcasm completely.

And sorry for the privacy with kids tangent. I don't preach anything on that I was just giving my parameters for better responses. There is no wrong way to handle that and believe me part of me thinks it would be really effing cool to buy him his own 360 and sit in the basement playing a game with him while he is in his room on his console. I'm just not there with him yet. And Minecraft has been the catalyst (someone mentioned it above). He loves that game and a lot of his friends play it and he wants to hook up with them and it's probably 100% fine...... I'm just not there yet.

Yankee23Fan said:
Sorry -- just giving you a hard time. You were asking about whether there were any Xbox games about mechs literally a week or so after exactly such a game just launched. (Albeit multiplayer only).
With the Xbone, at least, I've turned off all that stuff for my younger kid. Titanfall is pretty bloodless and he just jumps in and tries to lasso his umpteenth Titan.

And what 35 year old guy plays with a headset (other than with old friends or their own kids I guess). Just hearing the stuff that is said online makes me weep for our future.

To add, my son has no voice programs so the guy specifically asked how old he was. If you are just chatting and it turns out to be a kid it is one thing, but to ask and then continue to build a relationship is another. When he answered where we live, the guy followed up with "oh what part, I have a friend who lives there". Thankfully he didn't answer that because it seemed weird to him. May be an over reaction but I don't regret it.
Fine line for sure. I would say the FBI is a bit of an overreaction - this just isn't that uncommon if you are gaming with people over a few hours. That said, being that it's minecraft makes it a bit more attention-getting, though.

And what 35 year old guy plays with a headset (other than with old friends or their own kids I guess). Just hearing the stuff that is said online makes me weep for our future.
I don't really do online but don't you need a headset to communicate with the team or whatever?

I don't really do online but don't you need a headset to communicate with the team or whatever?
Eh, if you have a team you always play with or whatever, I guess. If you just jump around from game to game, then there's very little coordination (from what I've seen). Most of the comments are about people's ethnicity, sexual preferences, fighting prowess, and mothers. Whole lot of negativity up in there.

Eh, if you have a team you always play with or whatever, I guess. If you just jump around from game to game, then there's very little coordination (from what I've seen). Most of the comments are about people's ethnicity, sexual preferences, fighting prowess, and mothers. Whole lot of negativity up in there.
From what I gather, he was playing on PC. It's not uncommon for people to use headset on PC, regardless if you're actually talking into it.

After looking at videos, costs, and a few reviews I think I'm going to purchase Armored Core V and see what it leads to.

If anyone can think of any other mech type games please let me know. I have a Pacific Rim addict so that is the game I need. No blood, no really bad language if possible and just a lot of mechs fighting and blowing stuff up. And he really would enjoy the building aspect and modifying the mech all the time to use different things and build his own from the ground up. Chromehounds seems to be that in some respects but the reviews aren't pretty and again, there will be no online playing which that seems to need to get the full experience.

The FBI guy was a fraternity brother, and I mentioned it in passing because I told the guy I was going to (mainly trying to scare him off, which worked). My son doesn't play online in general but I let him in this case because it was a "private" server.

Yes, I fully realize I'm a dork for playing PC games with a headset :)

Sorry for the hijack

After looking at videos, costs, and a few reviews I think I'm going to purchase Armored Core V and see what it leads to.

If anyone can think of any other mech type games please let me know. I have a Pacific Rim addict so that is the game I need. No blood, no really bad language if possible and just a lot of mechs fighting and blowing stuff up. And he really would enjoy the building aspect and modifying the mech all the time to use different things and build his own from the ground up. Chromehounds seems to be that in some respects but the reviews aren't pretty and again, there will be no online playing which that seems to need to get the full experience.
We used to play Mechwarrior 2 for the PC did it ever drop for the. 360?

The FBI guy was a fraternity brother, and I mentioned it in passing because I told the guy I was going to (mainly trying to scare him off, which worked). My son doesn't play online in general but I let him in this case because it was a "private" server.

Sorry for the hijack
I don't play online but I used a headset on PC. Better sound and more immersive. FEAR was killer in a dark room with headset on.

Sorry for the hijack
I don't play online but I used a headset on PC. Better sound and more immersive. FEAR was killer in a dark room with headset on.
I played the original aliens vs predator in a dark room with my headset. My wife walked in from behind and touched my shoulder, and I literally flipped my office chair over. She still laughs at me for that. Had I not gone to the bathroom 30 minutes prior I would have peed all over the place.

jwb said:
Corporation said:
Fine line for sure. I would say the FBI is a bit of an overreaction - this just isn't that uncommon if you are gaming with people over a few hours. That said, being that it's minecraft makes it a bit more attention-getting, though.
I'm 33 and play minecraft. On private pc servers though. Xbox live has always been a mixed bag of #### so I understand the concern.

Users who are viewing this thread