What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

Chaka said:
Vrana said:
OC Zed said:
I am getting bored of Tomb Raider. The graphics are beautiful and the story is sort of compelling, but it's just getting repetitive. I have 15-20 hours of gameplay so far and I'm still not finished with it (normal difficulty and not too many deaths). I remember feeling the same about Uncharted 3. You can only do so much jumping/climbing and firefights before you get to :yawn: .
You should be nearing the end of it.
Thanks, I hope so... I am just about to take the PT boat upriver to try stopping the storms over the island.

My griping aside, I'm optimistic about the next installment in the series. I never really bought into the trapped on a cooky island premise. I think this type of game benefits from some globe trotting like the old Tomb Raider and Uncharted games.
I put in a couple more hours over the weekend and I'm still not done with this game. It is just way too repetitive without much of a story.
This is strange to me.

Tomb Raider was my favorite game of last year (although I still haven't played The Last of Us).

I didn't find it repetitive at all, and thought the story was great.
I think TR was my favorite game from last year too. I can see how the combat gets repetitive, but that problem is not unique to TR. I find that in a whole lot of games it is easy to use a sneak'n'snipe style and simply run away when your health drops, then rinse and repeat.
It's definitely not unique to TR, but this game fell into the same trap as Uncharted 3 - keep adding missions for the sake of value, but the ultimate experience gets watered down and a bit boring... at least for me.

The controls and graphics are great in this game, but the plot was hokey and the characters are not compelling in any way (in addition to the repetition issues).

Chaka said:
Vrana said:
OC Zed said:
I am getting bored of Tomb Raider. The graphics are beautiful and the story is sort of compelling, but it's just getting repetitive. I have 15-20 hours of gameplay so far and I'm still not finished with it (normal difficulty and not too many deaths). I remember feeling the same about Uncharted 3. You can only do so much jumping/climbing and firefights before you get to :yawn: .
You should be nearing the end of it.
Thanks, I hope so... I am just about to take the PT boat upriver to try stopping the storms over the island.

My griping aside, I'm optimistic about the next installment in the series. I never really bought into the trapped on a cooky island premise. I think this type of game benefits from some globe trotting like the old Tomb Raider and Uncharted games.
I put in a couple more hours over the weekend and I'm still not done with this game. It is just way too repetitive without much of a story.
This is strange to me.

Tomb Raider was my favorite game of last year (although I still haven't played The Last of Us).

I didn't find it repetitive at all, and thought the story was great.
I think TR was my favorite game from last year too. I can see how the combat gets repetitive, but that problem is not unique to TR. I find that in a whole lot of games it is easy to use a sneak'n'snipe style and simply run away when your health drops, then rinse and repeat.
It's definitely not unique to TR, but this game fell into the same trap as Uncharted 3 - keep adding missions for the sake of value, but the ultimate experience gets watered down and a bit boring... at least for me.

The controls and graphics are great in this game, but the plot was hokey and the characters are not compelling in any way (in addition to the repetition issues).
This is my first exposure to TR in any format (never played any of the games or seen the films) but I didn't have a problem with the story. I actually enjoyed it and I liked most of the characters, even if they were all stereotypes. I just kind of I thought that the supernatural was part of the whole TR concept, but I guess I could be wrong.

been playing in the wildstar beta. really fun game. lack of tab targeting really ups the skill cap, professions seem interesting, and housing seems really fun as well.

will probably go on the pvp server on the exile side.

Somehow I ended up with Pixel Dungeon on my Kindle Fire. I can't seem to stop playing the damn thing. It is a classic roguelike and is more addictive than crack.

Someone save me.

Chaka said:
shadyridr said:
SkyRattlers said:
Andy Dufresne said:
Replaying Bioshock Infinite.

I don't think I'm enjoying it any more the second time through. It's just...off. :shrug:
:thanks: :goodposting: It's an utter bore of a game.
seriously have no clue how it got such good ratings
I have to agree. I just didn't like the look of the game, it just didn't feel like Bioshock. Add an average story, at best, and not much new innovation by way of new enemies or abilities and it makes for an average game.I was hoping a second play through would uncover some gems that I missed, but Andy's post has me doubting that.
While I didn't enjoy it as much as the original Bioshock, I loved how they tied everything together...especially after playing the 2 Burial at Sea episodes.

Chaka said:
shadyridr said:
SkyRattlers said:
Andy Dufresne said:

I don't think I'm enjoying it any more the second time through. It's just...off. :shrug:
I have to agree. I just didn't like the look of the game, it just didn't feel like Bioshock. Add an average story, at best, and not much new innovation by way of new enemies or abilities and it makes for an average game.I was hoping a second play through would uncover some gems that I missed, but Andy's post has me doubting that.
While I didn't enjoy it as much as the original Bioshock, I loved how they tied everything together...especially after playing the 2 Burial at Sea episodes.
Are the DLCs worth it? After playing BI I didn't have any interest in paying for those.

Yankee23Fan said:
Drifter said:
Yankee23Fan said:
This fallout stuff sounds interesting. I may partake. Though I am unsure if I will really, is there any benefit to starting with Fallout 1 story wise or just jump into 3?
Fallout 1 and 2 will be somewhat dated graphically. They are isometric 3rd person (angled high level view of the gameplay "board"). You don't need them to understand the story in Fallout 3 as each one stands by itself with references to the others in a way that doesn't impact gameplay.

That said, Fallout 1 and 2 are two of the best games in the history of video gaming so if you can deal with an older style of graphics and gameplay, they are absolutely worth playing.
I've been forced to sit through hour after mind numbing hour of Minecraft. I'm good with non HD 3D OMG graphics.
To make minecraft look better, try this texture pack.

http://bdcraft.net

Just download it and drop it into the resource pack folder. Looks way better.

So I wrapped up Tenpenny last night. Went with killing the ghouls. It was karma neutral and the only way not to end up with everyone dead in Tenpenny. Although they may have it coming death by feral doesn't really sit well with me. I guess I have totally blown my chance at an apartment there but my Megaton pad gets the job done.

Chaka said:
shadyridr said:
SkyRattlers said:
Andy Dufresne said:

Are the DLCs worth it? After playing BI I didn't have any interest in paying for those.
I thought they were. The Clash in the Clouds is basically just Horde mode and I never really did anything with it. Burial at Sea Episodes 1 and 2 are story based and both set in Rapture. Ep.1 is a little short (3 hours or so) but Ep. 2 is at least double that. You play as Booker in Ep. 1, but as Elizabeth in Ep. 2, which means you need to use some stealth elements since she's not as strong as Booker. Without giving anything away they very much wrap up the story of Rapture and Columbia.

I think the episodes sell for $15 each, but the season pass is $20 and you get both episodes plus the Clash in the Clouds DLC and I think some extra Gear and Vigors for the main game.

been playing in the wildstar beta. really fun game. lack of tab targeting really ups the skill cap, professions seem interesting, and housing seems really fun as well.

will probably go on the pvp server on the exile side.
This will be my game upon release for the next 6 months... then back to new xpac of WoW. :bag:

Bought a refurb 4GB XBOX 360 so my kids can play Minecraft and I can try out Rocksmith.

(We already have WiiU and just play mostly Mario games with Infinity and Skylanders also)

SInce I'm years late on the XBOX 360 bandwagon, what games should I pick up?

Looking for non-current games I can get used cheap for mostly the kids but maybe 1 adult one for me.

TIA!

Bought a refurb 4GB XBOX 360 so my kids can play Minecraft and I can try out Rocksmith.

(We already have WiiU and just play mostly Mario games with Infinity and Skylanders also)

Looking for non-current games I can get used cheap for mostly the kids but maybe 1 adult one for me.

TIA!
There are do many I almost don't know where to start. Easy bet is the Lego games.

How old are the kids?

How much of Wildstar is dungeons? How does it compare to WoW in that regard? I love MMOs but don't like ones that force you into dungeons while leveling up like FFXIV did.

TIA!
There are do many I almost don't know where to start. Easy bet is the Lego games. How old are the kids?
This.

Xbox would be like a treasure trove for a kid right now. So many awesome games to choose from all priced ridiculously cheap.

The further I get in my replay of Bioshock Infinite, the more convinced I am that the best description of it is that it's the Temple Of Doom of the video game world.

Looks kind of cool. There's plenty stuff going on. But parts of it are really ugly. And it ends up being not very fun.

The further I get in my replay of Bioshock Infinite, the more convinced I am that the best description of it is that it's the Temple Of Doom of the video game world.

Looks kind of cool. There's plenty stuff going on. But parts of it are really ugly. And it ends up being not very fun.
Pretty good assessment. Even the prequal part fits.

I am thinking about reinstalling NWN again and giving some mods a go. I have a few interested friends in the neighborhood thinking we could LAN it up. :nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:
How much of Wildstar is dungeons? How does it compare to WoW in that regard? I love MMOs but don't like ones that force you into dungeons while leveling up like FFXIV did.
would love feedback on this question as well. it's hard enough grinding on my time let alone having to find people to grind dungeons with. The game looks interesting, a comparison to these two games bb mentioned would be appreciated.

would love feedback on this question as well. it's hard enough grinding on my time let alone having to find people to grind dungeons with. The game looks interesting, a comparison to these two games bb mentioned would be appreciated.
I did some googling and it looks as if you certainly can solo up to max level but the difficulty will depend on your class. None of the main quests from what I hear corral you into any dungeons.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is $14 at Best Buy today for the PS3.
So has anyone seen/played this on PS4? Is it worth waiting until I decide to get the PS4 to pick this game up, or should I just go ahead and get it for PS3. Love Assassin's creed, but was thinking this may have been one of my first games when I get a PS4 someday.

I did some googling and it looks as if you certainly can solo up to max level but the difficulty will depend on your class. None of the main quests from what I hear corral you into any dungeons.
thanks bb, i'm sold. looks like i found something new to play with when it comes out.

So has anyone seen/played this on PS4? Is it worth waiting until I decide to get the PS4 to pick this game up, or should I just go ahead and get it for PS3. Love Assassin's creed, but was thinking this may have been one of my first games when I get a PS4 someday.
You can see some split screen comparisons on youtube. I don't think it looks that much better.

You can see some split screen comparisons on youtube. I don't think it looks that much better.
Yeah, I figured it was designed for current gen anyways, so for $14, I just ordered it to pick up on my way home from work.

I've been playing on PS4. It's pretty gorgeous but don't know how it compares to the PS3. I enjoy it but I find all the AC games terribly repetitive.

Yeah, I figured it was designed for current gen anyways, so for $14, I just ordered it to pick up on my way home from work.
I'm playing it on the XB1, and while there are definitely moments where you can tell the graphics have been spruced up, it's not dramatically different than previous AC games on the last gen.

So I wrapped up Tenpenny last night. Went with killing the ghouls. It was karma neutral and the only way not to end up with everyone dead in Tenpenny. Although they may have it coming death by feral doesn't really sit well with me. I guess I have totally blown my chance at an apartment there but my Megaton pad gets the job done.
Besides keeping the shops open, another nice thing about this option is that Three Dogg will sing your praises and then call you scumbag :clyde:

Amazing Spiderman 2 is nothing special. Pretty much just like the last game. There's tons of loading screens that take forever (then you have to hit X to advance, which makes the loading screens even longer because I get distracted by something else and don't advance as soon as I'm able to). It's freeroam through the city but doesn't really feel much like it. If you just want to just swing around you'll get the menace label. And stuff will attack you. The graphics are pretty crappy. The combat is okay; Batman like.

TIA!
There are do many I almost don't know where to start. Easy bet is the Lego games.

How old are the kids?
Kids just turned 8 and 6. We already had a Wii and have a Wii U so they've played Mario games, Lego games, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, etc. We only have a couple games to start and they seemed to really like the Kinect Adventures game so far.

TIA!

How old are the kids?
Kids just turned 8 and 6. We already had a Wii and have a Wii U so they've played Mario games, Lego games, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, etc. We only have a couple games to start and they seemed to really like the Kinect Adventures game so far.
Hmm, 8 and 6. You know it dawns on me now that the X360 is targeted at 18-40 year olds. So many great games, all rated T and M.

One game I enjoy because I used to watch the show is "Naruto: Rise of a Ninja". Even if you haven't seen the anime, it plays well as a game with colorful scenery and characters. It is age appropriate.

Star Wars the Force Unleashed might be borderline as the story has some dark undertones that at times are not so subtle. Plus a lot of action violence. No blood. Just standard game killing.

After that its got a ton of sports games if they're into that.

Amazing Spiderman 2 is nothing special. Pretty much just like the last game. There's tons of loading screens that take forever (then you have to hit X to advance, which makes the loading screens even longer because I get distracted by something else and don't advance as soon as I'm able to). It's freeroam through the city but doesn't really feel much like it. If you just want to just swing around you'll get the menace label. And stuff will attack you. The graphics are pretty crappy. The combat is okay; Batman like.
Bummer. I was looking forward to this.

I still haven't seen one review of this online and it comes our Tuesday. Weird.

Besides keeping the shops open, another nice thing about this option is that Three Dogg will sing your praises and then call you scumbag :clyde:
Yep heard that last night. I owe him a punch in the face.

I might be getting Fallout 3. Do I send the family away somewhere for a weekend?
It's nice to have time to go at it uninterrupted. But the cool thing is you can jump in and out pretty easy. During the week if I get on I just jump in and wander around for a while. The weekend is when I get some time for it. When you go to start I am sure we can given you some good advice on getting it going quickly.

Weekend Update -

So I decided to try out Mothership Zeta. It was kind of cool. It was neat being able to actually use the Alien Blaster at full strength and with plenty of ammo. I was pissed I didn't get any of that funky armor they were wearing. Anyway lots of new weapons out of it and it looks like I can go back? Has anybody tried to go back after completing the DLC? There is still plenty of loot.

:thanks: :goodposting:

It's an utter bore of a game.
Agree with all this. I bought the game and played maybe 20 minutes of it before it started its long marathon of collecting dust next to my PS3.
I finished the 2nd playthrough over the weekend, My summation stands - it's The Temple of Doom.

Not a good game.

:thanks: :goodposting:

It's an utter bore of a game.
Agree with all this. I bought the game and played maybe 20 minutes of it before it started its long marathon of collecting dust next to my PS3.
I finished the 2nd playthrough over the weekend, My summation stands - it's The Temple of Doom.

Not a good game.
I am really feeling glad I went with skip for this one. I talk to a lot of people who say essentially the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread