Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Im shocked you get so insulted.

Not offended. Legitimately shocked.

Just messing around. In one game I spent 4 straight innings where I went up to the plate and took at least 6 pitches. I almost never saw the 6th pitch. Never took a walk.

cuz the AI is smart enough to pick up on the fact you are taking pitches and start throwing the ball down the plate. The AI picks up on your tendencies. Trust me i was in the same place you were (still am) but ive watched my brother player and its like night and day. The kid is amazing, never swings at balls, takes walks, etc. he played college ball so im pissed hes even better than me in video game baseball.

And as far as my punctuation i post from an ipad and cell phone 90% of the time. Just quicker not to worry about that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Replies 31.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SlaX

• Insein

• STEADYMOBBIN 22

• NewlyRetired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap Tornado Man is growing into his role as a leader.  This is most readily seen by his consistent use of the phrases, "This way.

And this is the mentality that keeps me from playing MP most of the time.

Just messing around. In one game I spent 4 straight innings where I went up to the plate and took at least 6 pitches. I almost never saw the 6th pitch. Never took a walk.

cuz the AI is smart enough to pick up on the fact you are taking pitches and start throwing the ball down the plate. The AI picks up on your tendencies. Trust me i was in the same place you were (still am) but ive watched my brother player and its like night and day. The kid is amazing, never swings at balls, takes walks, etc. he played college ball so im pissed hes even better than me in video game baseball.

And as far as my punctuation i post from an ipad and cell phone 90% of the time. Just quicker not to worry about that stuff.

I just did a quick google search on the topic and there's like 2000 message board topics on this. It's just not me.

I don't even care. That game is like third in my list right now. You just can't bang madden for being unrealistic and then act like this is some super sim.

You need a good slider set.

I developed some incredible sim sliders of the game using timed hitting and classic pitching.

The Show is hands down the best console sports game ever made.

I am a Show junkie.

What is a sim slider?

The settings I use are more towards a simulation approach of playing the game.

I use auto fielding so all I do is pitch and hit and also control my base runners. But I let the player ratings truly dictate the fielding.

I have always felt fielding is clunky on The Show due to the animation driven graphics. It looks smooth and beautiful.

So dice roll like results for fielding.

Classic pitching and timed hitting also heavily depend of player ratings. If your interested PM me and tell me which version of The Show your using and I will shoot you my entire custom set up for the game.

It's weird about Madden. Everybody ####s on it for being unrealistic and praises The Show for being a great game.

I've now played the show 8 times and have been able to draw 1 walk from the computer. It's totally ridiculous. Madden is 1000x more popular so it'll get more criticism but some of these games are getting free passes.

plenty of people draw walks in the show. Just cuz you suck at the game doesnt make it unrealistic. If you swing at everything youre not gonna walk. :shrug: i suck at the game too so not criticizing. Madden ####in blows. People criticize it cuz it sucks. Lob it up deep every play. Game is way too easy on all pro, way too hard on all madden.

Have you played the last few years? Lobbing it up deep play after play hasn't been viable for a long time now.

I know it's cool to rag on madden, and their exclusive deal shuts out competition, which angers people. But it's a pretty solid game of football today. It still has flaws - for me, it's overall player control. I feel disconnected from the game as compared to all pro football 2k8, which is still my favorite overall football game. But Madden has come a long way in gameplay. And you can get it to as close to sim as possible w/ the sliders.

I rag on Madden because they don't make a PC version, and yet, because they own the rights to the game, no one else can either. I don't game on consoles, I game on my PC. I still play Madden 07 or 08 from time to time, usually install it sometime around this time of year as I am getting football withdrawels. But I'd love to get a chance to play with some correct rosters (I've worked with downloading rosters, but they are hit or miss and sometimes mess up the whole game) not to mention have the better AI and graphics. But no...EA keeps making Madden only for consoles, and I will not buy it for the Wii (only thing close to a next gen console that I have, wife wanted it).

Yeah those graphics look too realistic. That part of him in the locker room cant be actual game footage

Did you see the tweet that compared Kapernick to last year? I started laughing it looked so ridiculous.

Including the part where Kaepernick is running the wrong way?

Edited by OC Zed

So I think I have about hit how far I am going to go with Saints 3 and will be moving back into Fallout. I have gotten to the part where I have very few unique missions to do. It is all the same thing just with shorter timers. I have money pouring in and no where to spend it. Which always ticks me off. If I can make millions give me something to spend it on. I have upgraded all my guns, all my vehicles, all my skills. I have a couple more things I haven't done but I'll wrap those up this week. Then back to Fallout.

Trying to decide if I should go completionist and finish up everything in 3 or just move on to New Vegas. Either way Fallout updates will begin next week.

So I think I have about hit how far I am going to go with Saints 3 and will be moving back into Fallout. I have gotten to the part where I have very few unique missions to do. It is all the same thing just with shorter timers. I have money pouring in and no where to spend it. Which always ticks me off. If I can make millions give me something to spend it on. I have upgraded all my guns, all my vehicles, all my skills. I have a couple more things I haven't done but I'll wrap those up this week. Then back to Fallout.

Trying to decide if I should go completionist and finish up everything in 3 or just move on to New Vegas. Either way Fallout updates will begin next week.

Is there any game where the economy portion is perfect? I'm seriously trying to think of one. Almost every game has far too little money coming at the beginning of the game when you're desperately needing stronger items and then close to the middle, the money starts pouring in so fast, you have trouble finding anything to spend it on. Most games throw in cosmetic items to make it seem balanced, but it really isn't when it's something you don't need. Also most RPGs allow you to find better weapons during scavenging that you really don't need to buy anything other than ammo usually.

So what game do you think comes closest to a perfect economy? (NCC, I know I'm responding to you, but this question can be answered by anyone.)

Is there any game where the economy portion is perfect? I'm seriously trying to think of one. Almost every game has far too little money coming at the beginning of the game when you're desperately needing stronger items and then close to the middle, the money starts pouring in so fast, you have trouble finding anything to spend it on. Most games throw in cosmetic items to make it seem balanced, but it really isn't when it's something you don't need. Also most RPGs allow you to find better weapons during scavenging that you really don't need to buy anything other than ammo usually.

So what game do you think comes closest to a perfect economy? (NCC, I know I'm responding to you, but this question can be answered by anyone.)

Well in SR3 you definitely have to buy and upgrade weapons. And yeah every economy gets to the point you are talking about but really this reminds me of Tiger Woods. You bought shafts and stuff but that was over quick. Now money is pouring in and there isn't even cosmetic stuff. Let me buy a jet or something at least. Let me enjoy the economy you made me setup to play the game or dial that part back some.

Not sure what games that features money has the best economy. I like games where you need to earn some but you don't have to buy constant income streams to do it. Like buy all these businesses that give you x amount an hour every hour. I guess games where you do a job and earn what you need then move on I find better. You know like collecting bounties or doing protection missions stuff like that. You make your money, you spend your money and on with the game.

Watching the E3 microsoft press conference, they just a showed a short gameplay demo of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. I can safely say its the first Call of Duty I wanted to play purely for the style. Still looks like Call of Duty with unoriginal mechanics shoehorned in, but it looks fun.

Edited by Run It Up

Watching the E3 microsoft press conference, they just a showed a short gameplay demo of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. I can safely say its the first Call of Duty I wanted to play purely for the style. Still looks like Call of Duty with unoriginal mechanics shoehorned in, but it looks fun.

Looks like Battlefield.

Looks like Battlefield.

Yeah. Certainly much better than ghosts.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

Question for the FO pimps in here. I have FO3 and it is kind of boring to me so haven't gotten all that far, maybe 4 hours or so into it, I have tried to play it several times but just can't get into it. I love the open world of Skyrim and enjoyed Far Cry 3. That said, would I like FONV or do I need to look elsewhere for something to hold my interest? I have a surgery coming up and will have a couple of weeks of recovery that will involve just hanging around the house.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

Question for the FO pimps in here. I have FO3 and it is kind of boring to me so haven't gotten all that far, maybe 4 hours or so into it, I have tried to play it several times but just can't get into it. I love the open world of Skyrim and enjoyed Far Cry 3. That said, would I like FONV or do I need to look elsewhere for something to hold my interest? I have a surgery coming up and will have a couple of weeks of recovery that will involve just hanging around the house.

That's a tough question to answer -- I don't completely understand how somebody can like Skyrim but not like Fallout, since they're basically the same game. That's not meant as a criticism or anything, just that I don't "get" your preferences so it's hard to give advice.

I thought FO:NV was quite a bit better than FO3. You get into action more immediately (there's no long prologue like in FO3) and it's easier to navigate. Given that it's dirt cheap, I'd at least give it a try.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

That's a tough question to answer -- I don't completely understand how somebody can like Skyrim but not like Fallout, since they're basically the same game. That's not meant as a criticism or anything, just that I don't "get" your preferences so it's hard to give advice.

I thought FO:NV was quite a bit better than FO3. You get into action more immediately (there's no long prologue like in FO3) and it's easier to navigate. Given that it's dirt cheap, I'd at least give it a try.

Yeah this is pretty much Skyrim with guns. So far I still like FO3 a bit better but Vegas is growing on me.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

I think it was more that I wasn't a fan of the coloring. Everything was washed out and I don't really want to sit 5 feet from the TV just to be able to see the details. That is one of my biggest gripes with COD Ghosts also. May just be old man eyes being the problem. I will say the first time I tried Skyrim I didn't care for it, the second time I couldn't wait to get home from work to fire it up. Of course that was before I got married and could do whatever I want with my free time.

ETA: I think part of the problem is FO3 just didn't grab me off the bat and felt boring...maybe if I give it longer for the story to develop?

Edited by Bogeys

I tried playing Ghosts after playing Titanfall and it felt like the most boring thing ever. I don't think I can ever go back to Call of Duty unless it's totally different, which this one didn't appear to be.

Looks like Activision said "Hey! People like the jetpacks in Titanfall. We need those in Call of Duty." So they did, but it looks uninspiring.

Speaking of Titanfall, in case people missed the announcement, Titanfall 2 was announced and will be available on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.

Edited by SlaX

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

I always tell people to give Fallout 3 time. If you get to Rivet City and still not into the game, then give it up. Until then, keep trying. It took me a bit to get used to it too.

They sure pump out a lot of COD. I guess it must be real popular but, every few months?

They sure do. But this appears to be a new engine and only on X1/PS4 instead of cross gen. Last gen just needs to die already.

They sure pump out a lot of COD. I guess it must be real popular but, every few months?

It's been on an annual release schedule since Call of Duty 2. It may seem like they release them faster than that, but it's just every year. No more or less than Madden, NHL, NBA 2k/Live, etc. Could they use a break? Hell yes.

Witcher 3 looks awesome.

It does look really good.

Very excited about this one. It is going to test the limits of my "Always wait on new games until they hit the sales" philosophy.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

I think it was more that I wasn't a fan of the coloring. Everything was washed out and I don't really want to sit 5 feet from the TV just to be able to see the details. That is one of my biggest gripes with COD Ghosts also. May just be old man eyes being the problem. I will say the first time I tried Skyrim I didn't care for it, the second time I couldn't wait to get home from work to fire it up. Of course that was before I got married and could do whatever I want with my free time.

ETA: I think part of the problem is FO3 just didn't grab me off the bat and felt boring...maybe if I give it longer for the story to develop?

I absolutely agree with this criticism, after how stunning Skyrim was to look at FO3 is kind of boring to look at. I get the post-apocalyptic yadda-yadda-yadda but it didn't help me enjoy looking at FO3.

Fun game for sure but because of the visuals (or lack thereof) it's not upper tier for me.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

I absolutely agree with this criticism, after how stunning Skyrim was to look at FO3 is kind of boring to look at. I get the post-apocalyptic yadda-yadda-yadda but it didn't help me enjoy looking at FO3.

Fun game for sure but because of the visuals (or lack thereof) it's not upper tier for me.

Yeah see this never bothered me. Dystopian society. Everything is crap. Seemed fitting. And yes sometimes I have trouble with the contrast so I get that. But this was never meant to look like the worlds of Elder Scrolls.

It's been on an annual release schedule since Call of Duty 2. It may seem like they release them faster than that, but it's just every year. No more or less than Madden, NHL, NBA 2k/Live, etc. Could they use a break? Hell yes.

Just seems like no sooner is one out than I am hearing about the next one. Must be hard to keep them from just being rip offs of whatever was popular last cycle. Full disclosure I don't play the series and I am in no way running it down. Just sayin'.

Witcher 3 looks awesome.

Very excited about this one. It is going to test the limits of my "Always wait on new games until they hit the sales" philosophy.

Yeah I may break my sale rule.

Just seems like no sooner is one out than I am hearing about the next one. Must be hard to keep them from just being rip offs of whatever was popular last cycle. Full disclosure I don't play the series and I am in no way running it down. Just sayin'.

That's the way I feel about this new Battlefield. They've at least waited 2 years in the past. This one, they announce the new game before the last map pack is released on the last one. This and Dice is supposed to be working on Star Wars: Battlefront right now. I'm not filled with a lot of confidence since BF4 had a bad release and is still trying to get sorted out.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

I always tell people to give Fallout 3 time. If you get to Rivet City and still not into the game, then give it up. Until then, keep trying. It took me a bit to get used to it too.

I think I have almost made it there, subway system?

I want to love it just reading NCC's and others comments and narrations so I keep trying to go back to it.

Edited by Bogeys

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

I want to love it just reading NCC's and others comments and narrations so I keep trying to go back to it.

No Rivet City is a crashed aircraft carrier near the most southern end of the river on your map.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

No Rivet City is a crashed aircraft carrier near the most southern end of the river on your map.

Damn you NCC...now I want to go play it to see that. :mad:

Witcher 3 looks awesome.

the trailer looks good, are the first two in the series worth checking out and will it be as enjoyable to jump into this game without any background in the lore in the books or the first two games? realizing of course the game isn't out yet so looking for opinions since the trailer starts with "last of the trilogy" or something like that. tia. another open world game so maybe some background will make it at least easier in some ways i would imagine.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

Damn you NCC...now I want to go play it to see that. :mad:

I keep saying they owe me commission.

Witcher 3 looks awesome.

the trailer looks good, are the first two in the series worth checking out and will it be as enjoyable to jump into this game without any background in the lore in the books or the first two games? realizing of course the game isn't out yet so looking for opinions since the trailer starts with "last of the trilogy" or something like that. tia. another open world game so maybe some background will make it at least easier in some ways i would imagine.

I have played a bunch of 2 but got sidetracked. My fault not the games. I jumped into that without playing the first one. I really felt like I got a pretty good fill in on the back story and didn't need to play the first one.

Witcher 3 looks awesome.

The first two aren't really open world games. The first one is just OK and kind of dated now. Witcher 2 was fantastic and highly recommended. would probably recommend starting there unless you are a completionist.

Looks like Battlefield.

Can't be worse IMO.

Moreso than most other RPG games, you get the most out of FO by playing "in character".