What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (8 Viewers)

sorry, but two more questions:

would you suggest buying these games for pc, and if so, do I need a console type controller?

saw an elder scrolls pack for pc on Amazon for $40 that had skyrim, oblivion, and morrowwind + add ons. also both fallouts for <$10 each with add ons. seems great, but don't know if controls are annoying if I am used to xbox.
My initial impulse is to say that seems a bit pricey but considering how many hours of entertainment I got out of Oblivion and Skyrim I probably should cut them another check just on principal.

would you suggest buying these games for pc, and if so, do I need a console type controller?

saw an elder scrolls pack for pc on Amazon for $40 that had skyrim, oblivion, and morrowwind + add ons. also both fallouts for <$10 each with add ons. seems great, but don't know if controls are annoying if I am used to xbox.
My initial impulse is to say that seems a bit pricey but considering how many hours of entertainment I got out of Oblivion and Skyrim I probably should cut them another check just on principal.
$40 is pricey for all 5 elder scrolls games?

All those games are probably available for $5 or less used on eBay.

Did you read my whole post?

To be fair, unless you are some sort of completionist I don't think it's worth playing anything other than Oblivion and Skyrim because I don't think the others will really hold up after all this time (an argument could be made for Morrowind). Now I recently played KOTOR for the first time and, ultimately, enjoyed it but that was as much, or more, because of how much backtstory I got on the SW universe than because of the actual game play (which I thought was clunky as heck). But considering how many hours of entertainment I got out of Oblivion and Skyrim $40 should seem pretty cheap.

Fallout 1,2 and Tactics are available on Steam for $12.99

Highly recommend.
Wait for the sale that starts later tomorrow. That bundle has been cheaper on Steam. It's on sale until June 30th, so you can still grab it for this if it doesn't show up on the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

You will never play more than 5 minutes of Arena or Daggerfall (assuming they are in it).

But it's still a good deal for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim with all the add-ons.

KarmaPolice said:
Yankee23Fan said:
KarmaPolice said:
damn you guys. been really fighting the urge to start another round of FO3. game sucks so much time out of me at night.

I havent been able to play any DL content since I have an old 360 w/o a harddrive. I have a flash drive now- I assume it will work to put it on that?
No you can't. That's the problem I ran into. The DLC for FO3 will not work on a flash drive. It needs a hard drive. I have the GotY edition and it had a second sisk that II never knew what it was for and read that it had all the DLC's on it and I needed to download them so that they become part of the game. Tried it two nights ago. Doesn't work. I even erased my entire GTA-V saved info from the flash and the internal drive thinking it was a space issue and still nothing. Read online that FO3 and a few other games need an atual hard drive to download into and they won't accept a flash unless you do some massive hacker stuff to yoru XBox that I am in no mood to try.This is why I've changed my focus again and am now just trying to explore everywhere I possibly can while the final mission is sitting there ready for me to except. Because once I do that, it is my understanding, without the DLC already loaded the game will end without my ability to stop it once I beat that final mission. And the level of my fury if that happened before I managed to do everything in the game would be measurable.
:sadbanana: that is stupid. I assume same goes for New Vegas too? Have both Game of the Year editions sitting here and haven't been able to play either.

haven't been following this thread. you guys like 3 more than vegas?

I liked the ability to custom weapons and that towns turn on you, etc, but always kept going back to DC. don't think I came close to getting through everything. I know I got frustratingly lost in a couple vaults.

is there going to be another fallout anytime soon?
New Vegas is the same way, the final story mission ends the game. It does do a better jib of warning you that it's a point of no return.

As far as better, just depends. a lot of people (myself included) in this thread liked it better. There are more branching storylines (make one decision and it will close off the opportunity to do certain missions unless you start over or keep an earlier save.) Companions have more depth (each has a loyalty mission with good storylines.) I thought the story and environment was a lot more fun too as compared to FO3. Plus my favorite weapon, the Euclid's C-finder.

Making weapons is good and bad, some are useless (dart gun), others are the most powerful in the game (nuka grenades or bottlecap mines.) I preferred using the unique weapons like the Lincoln Repeater or A3-21's Plasma Rifle.
New Vegas was the bridge from FO3 to Skyrim. It has gang factions that you can have favor with or not. And each companion has a questline that can be unlocked by talking to to them and becoming friendly. They abandoned that mechanic in Skyrim; it's one of the few things I regret about that game. The companion quests are actually pretty good (but short) in New Vegas.

Yup still stuck with the Crowley problem. Went the fort and explored everywhere. Can't get into the bomb building yet as lockpick skill isn't at 100 yet - it will be when I get to the next level which is 18. Only used one of the 4 special keys and couldn't find any place else to use them. So screw it. Formally start the Kill the Ghouls quest for Tenpenny Tower. Only, I let them in. I thought that was the "right" thing but I lost karma. Oh well.

But now I can't get into my room there. I'm assuming it's because of the ghouls. So the question is, do I walk in there and just obliterate the ghouls now too or will they continue to respawn and I basically lost my Tenpenny Tower room. Not a huge loss with the fast travel option back to Megaton if so.

Yup still stuck with the Crowley problem. Went the fort and explored everywhere. Can't get into the bomb building yet as lockpick skill isn't at 100 yet - it will be when I get to the next level which is 18. Only used one of the 4 special keys and couldn't find any place else to use them. So screw it. Formally start the Kill the Ghouls quest for Tenpenny Tower. Only, I let them in. I thought that was the "right" thing but I lost karma. Oh well.

But now I can't get into my room there. I'm assuming it's because of the ghouls. So the question is, do I walk in there and just obliterate the ghouls now too or will they continue to respawn and I basically lost my Tenpenny Tower room. Not a huge loss with the fast travel option back to Megaton if so.
I think you can get into your room from the outside balcony if you go with letting in the ghouls. The balcony where Tenpenny was sitting. And yeah you should be able to walk right no problem. You're their buddy after all. Just avoid the basement. Which by the way is where you will find the human bodies, the feral ghouls and the reason for your bad karma.

Chaka said:
KarmaPolice said:
Chaka said:

Did you read my whole post?
No, I guess I didn't :bag:

I had a Target gift card, and saw this set yesterday for $38, so basically I paid less than $30 for it. As others have said, I probably could have gotten it used somewhere dirt cheap, but I am guessing I will get that money's worth out of it and more, and would rather give that money to the people who create this and Fallout.

Decide to get it on the PC to diversify my video game playing. If the computer is free - can play this or Civ, and if the wife is on the computer I can play some Fallout on the 360.

Can't wait to start this, have heard nothing but good things.

None of you guys go the bad guy route on FO3?

I know I had one game going like that, and remember feeling guilty when Daddy reamed me out for blowing up Megaton.

I know I had one game going like that, and remember feeling guilty when Daddy reamed me out for blowing up Megaton.
I have tried going bad guy but it just isn't me. Now that's not to say I don't occasionally kill someone for making me mad. But in general I help the weak, kill the bad guys, truth, justice and the American way. Anything else feels forced if I try to deliberately be evil.

I have tried going bad guy but it just isn't me. Now that's not to say I don't occasionally kill someone for making me mad. But in general I help the weak, kill the bad guys, truth, justice and the American way. Anything else feels forced if I try to deliberately be evil.
I never go completely the bad route but I get into moods where people just die because they were in my way.

I did this back when it first came out. Blew up Megaton, sold numerous people into slavery, exterminated the ghouls by Tenpenny tower, etc. It was kinda fun. Or at least different.

This is me the first or even second time through. Then I get curious, like there's this whole other side of the game I haven't seen, and I make an evil guy and mow through hell.

For PC gamers, the Steam Summer sale has kicked off. Hide your wallets.
:scared:

Edit: No worries - the server load is so high it has gone down. At least now no more money out the door to buy games that I may never play.

Last edited by a moderator:

I almost never bother with the "evil path" in any game, as it's usually pretty poorly implemented, typically coming across as "vilified for being a homicidal maniac and attacked on site by authorities with esp."

I'm the same way. The best I could do was going the "puckish rogue" in Dragon Age Origins.

Tried, couldn't do it.

In the news...

Fallout 4 'sort of' confirmed

“I sort of tell people we’re figuring things out. We’re taking our time … we want to wait until it’s really there to show it to everybody”

He continued: “We’d rather say, you know, ‘surprise, boom, here it is … I enjoy those moments for other games so we’d rather hold back and wait and just surprise everybody.”

I usually do good and bad guy run throughs if I really love the game. Couldn't bring myself to blow up Megaton in either case though.

Edit: No worries - the server load is so high it has gone down. At least now no more money out the door to buy games that I may never play.
I think this summer I finally get skyrim, it should be down to $10-$16 this sale, and I guess for the 100 hours i'll get out of it, it will be worth the price. (Such a cheap ******* I am...)

I usually do good and bad guy run throughs if I really love the game. Couldn't bring myself to blow up Megaton in either case though.
Yea, this is somewhat what I meant by poorly implemented...

"big bomb in town - wish someone could disarm it, because hey, big bombs in the middle of town are bad" - makes tons of sense to just about anyone, even a "mainly concerned with myself" antihero

"see that big bomb - let's blow it up because... because the town needs to go" - Really? Wipe out the entire town? For what reason? Because the shady dude in the bar said so? That would make sense to a maniac, and that's about it.

I think this summer I finally get skyrim, it should be down to $10-$16 this sale, and I guess for the 100 hours i'll get out of it, it will be worth the price. (Such a cheap ******* I am...)
Underestimate alert!

"big bomb in town - wish someone could disarm it, because hey, big bombs in the middle of town are bad" - makes tons of sense to just about anyone, even a "mainly concerned with myself" antihero

"see that big bomb - let's blow it up because... because the town needs to go" - Really? Wipe out the entire town? For what reason? Because the shady dude in the bar said so? That would make sense to a maniac, and that's about it.
How about because Hey, let's detonate this bomb because I'm a ####### sociopath MEGAXXXPLODE!!1!1111!!!

Underestimate alert!
Just getting started at 100.

Agreed.

Underestimate alert!
Just getting started at 100.
Good thing I'm not married...

NCCommish said:
Yankee23Fan said:

I think you can get into your room from the outside balcony if you go with letting in the ghouls. The balcony where Tenpenny was sitting. And yeah you should be able to walk right no problem. You're their buddy after all. Just avoid the basement. Which by the way is where you will find the human bodies, the feral ghouls and the reason for your bad karma.
No can't get that in that way either. But I will certainly check out the basement now. And then kill all the ghouls for the fun of it.

Agreed.
In my mind it was like that curiosity you have when you're about to light a new M80 you just bought from the fireworks outlet. Only X10000000.

FWIW, when I did I watched Megaton explode, said thanks for the penthouse suite, then blew both Mr. Burke and Tenpenny's brains out.

When I play evil, I'm Neutral Evil. /D&Ddork

Agreed.
In my mind it was like that curiosity you have when you're about to light a new M80 you just bought from the fireworks outlet. Only X10000000.

FWIW, when I did I watched Megaton explode, said thanks for the penthouse suite, then blew both Mr. Burke and Tenpenny's brains out.

When I play evil, I'm Neutral Evil. /D&Ddork
That's kind of the point. There's no way to be Lawful Evil. There's no room in the game (or in most games) to be a thoughtful, plotting super villian. You can't set up a network of cronies operating your drug dens and loan shark outfits. You can't plan to become Caesar in Fallout Vegas. Without that option, the only "evil" option becomes the Chaotic Evil or Neutral Evil psychopathic killer.

What do you guys focus on at the start of your FO games? Seems like every time I do similar - lockpick, sneak, small guns get jumped up quickly and usually do nothing with melee/unarmed stuff. I find the computer hacking frustrating, so I usually don't do much with that either.

What do you guys focus on at the start of your FO games? Seems like every time I do similar - lockpick, sneak, small guns get jumped up quickly and usually do nothing with melee/unarmed stuff. I find the computer hacking frustrating, so I usually don't do much with that either.
Speech, lockpick and computers will give you the most access to the game so I usually focus those early. Everything else you can make up for. Small Guns also makes sense from an early game standpoint for combat.

Hacking is really easy if you know what you're doing. I'm heading out, so I'll bump this thread with some tips when I get back.

Hacking is really easy if you know what you're doing. I'm heading out, so I'll bump this thread with some tips when I get back.
I agree. I don't think I've ever failed a hack.

Start by picking a word that has a common factor with a lot of other words. Word ending ING are the most common. If you get 3 correct, you'll need to pick another that doesn't have any of the same first 4 letters. Once you have 3 or 4 correct it's pretty easy to work down the list and see which match.

If you find a match on your 3 or 4 letters, make sure it doesn't match on any of the letters that have not matched for you before.

If you are methodical about it, you should be able to solve it every time.

Users who are viewing this thread