What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

Tony Jabroni said:
Has there ever been a better balanced sports game than APF2k8? It was on par with Team Fortress 2.
Was this on the Dreamcast? I remember some football games on that system that were unreal. 2K series, I believe.
The Dreamcast featured the original 2k football games. All Pro Football 2k8 and its predecessor, NFL 2k5, were on the Xbox 360 however.
NFL 2k5 was OG Xbox and PS2. Not Xbox 360 (although it's one of the few games that does - or at least did - have BC support).
This is right... thanks for the correction.

Anyone else playing the iphone/android game Puzzle and Dragons? This game has taken over my life.
This looks interesting. I am going to give it a try. Is it a big learning curve?
Hell yes unfortunately. Dont be fooled by it's simple looking Match-3 game play. It has full on RPG elements to it such as leveling up all your monsters, fusing them with other monsters and ingredients to evolve them and so forth.

There are also daily dungeons that come around once a week that give you stuff like evolution materials. For example today is Thursday which means the dragon plant dungeon is today and I need to farm it for dragon plants to evolve this one type of monster which is then used to quickly level up my main monster team.

It's addicting as hell and the kind of game where you start to plan your day around what dungeon is going to come up at a specific time.

Send help.

If you do decide to play, check out this guide.
I'm going to have to give this guide a try. This game throws an overwhelming number of options at you right out of the gate.
If any PaD folks want to add me, my friend ID is 341 598 296. I have an evolved Isis that would make a good friend leader for the early-mid game dungeons. Just let me know here that you're adding me because I normally wouldn't accept a request from a lower level player.
I don't think I am getting this game.

From the huge amount of choices and options, I figured how you managed your team was going to be very important, but watching my daughter, at least early on, it seems to make no difference.

*She is rank 14

*Her free roll monster from the tutorial did not show up on the big list of must have, so I assume it is just meh.

*She has no idea really what she is doing and appears to just be playing bejeweled trying to match colors with her monsters

*She has died only once in the 14 ranks

*She only fuses when her monster collection overflows and gives no thought to it why she is doing it.

*She is one shotting bosses every time with one special skill

Does this game evetually get harder? The fact that she has no idea what she is doing and almost never dies makes me question whether this game will be fun for me.

Anyone else playing the iphone/android game Puzzle and Dragons? This game has taken over my life.
This looks interesting. I am going to give it a try. Is it a big learning curve?
Hell yes unfortunately. Dont be fooled by it's simple looking Match-3 game play. It has full on RPG elements to it such as leveling up all your monsters, fusing them with other monsters and ingredients to evolve them and so forth.

There are also daily dungeons that come around once a week that give you stuff like evolution materials. For example today is Thursday which means the dragon plant dungeon is today and I need to farm it for dragon plants to evolve this one type of monster which is then used to quickly level up my main monster team.

It's addicting as hell and the kind of game where you start to plan your day around what dungeon is going to come up at a specific time.

Send help.

If you do decide to play, check out this guide.
I'm going to have to give this guide a try. This game throws an overwhelming number of options at you right out of the gate.
If any PaD folks want to add me, my friend ID is 341 598 296. I have an evolved Isis that would make a good friend leader for the early-mid game dungeons. Just let me know here that you're adding me because I normally wouldn't accept a request from a lower level player.
I don't think I am getting this game.

From the huge amount of choices and options, I figured how you managed your team was going to be very important, but watching my daughter, at least early on, it seems to make no difference.

*She is rank 14

*Her free roll monster from the tutorial did not show up on the big list of must have, so I assume it is just meh.

*She has no idea really what she is doing and appears to just be playing bejeweled trying to match colors with her monsters

*She has died only once in the 14 ranks

*She only fuses when her monster collection overflows and gives no thought to it why she is doing it.

*She is one shotting bosses every time with one special skill

Does this game evetually get harder? The fact that she has no idea what she is doing and almost never dies makes me question whether this game will be fun for me.
Yes it gets much, much harder later on. Rank 14 is nothing. What she should be focusing on is trying to get multiple combos when matching and practicing that because, depending on her team, this skill will be very important later on. There are bosses later on that will one shot you if you cant kill it within X turns, for example. There are other dungeons that require teams that take months to develop.

EDIT: For example, I'm rank 105, and currently stuck on a dungeon where I need to be able to do > about 500,000 damage over 3 turns or else it will insta-kill me. I'm almost there but focusing on leveling my team to meet the threshold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever try Elegy for a Dead World? A friend sent me this link, seeing as I'm a video game nerd and an English dork.

Purchased for $15 at Steam. Will dive in soon.

Anyone ever try Elegy for a Dead World? A friend sent me this link, seeing as I'm a video game nerd and an English dork.

Purchased for $15 at Steam. Will dive in soon.
MEH. After playing through one of the worlds, this is less a video game than a tablet ap working as a more serious version of Mad Libs. Not worth the $15 at all.

belljr said:
The Order looks pretty cool
Game looks incredible. I am going to wait though for a big price drop. I have plenty of non-sports games to keep me busy for this year easy (Alien Isolation, Walking Dead Season 2, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age 3, Destiny).

belljr said:
I preordered this on 11/10/13. Canceled in May 14 and reordered in July 14. Haven't looked at any gameplay videos yet. I'm on the fence on whether I'll pick it up. Still spend all my video game time on Destiny.

belljr said:
Game looks incredible. I am going to wait though for a big price drop. I have plenty of non-sports games to keep me busy for this year easy (Alien Isolation, Walking Dead Season 2, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age 3, Destiny).
This.

I am going to play this game, but I'm backlogged and I can wait. It's a SP-only game, it isn't going anywhere, and I won't get to it until this summer most likely. That said, it looks sensational.

Finished Dying Light

Awful ending. Loved the game other than that. I'll still go back and finish the sidequests, but damn.

belljr said:
This.

I am going to play this game, but I'm backlogged and I can wait. It's a SP-only game, it isn't going anywhere, and I won't get to it until this summer most likely. That said, it looks sensational.
supposedly this is only a 5 hour game :lmao:

belljr said:
This.

oof

belljr said:
This.

oof
Really? That person must have motored through it. I can't believe that at all. And if it is, even more reason now to wait for the deep discount bin.

60 bucks retail for 5 hours. I have a hard time believing that.

belljr said:
This.

oof
Really? That person must have motored through it. I can't believe that at all. And if it is, even more reason now to wait for the deep discount bin.

60 bucks retail for 5 hours. I have a hard time believing that.
Kind of a silly thing to argue about since it'll be out soon and we'll all know whether it's any good or not. If it's really 5 hours of earnest gameplay, then obviously it's bargain bin material. If it's "exactly like MGS4, including the ability to speedrun it in a few hours," then it would be well worth full retail. Or the 5 hour thing could be complete hogwash.

I'm not considering it on day one regardless, so no big deal either way.

On a side note, if you have PS+ and haven't downloaded Transistor yet, you really should. I thought it was kind of boring at first, but it picks up a lot after you level up a bit. Basically, it combines elements of real-time combat and turn-based combat, and it has a neat skill system that lets you combine unlocked abilities in a bunch of different way. Definitely something something different than the TPS genre that we're discussing.

belljr said:
This.

oof
Really? That person must have motored through it. I can't believe that at all. And if it is, even more reason now to wait for the deep discount bin.60 bucks retail for 5 hours. I have a hard time believing that.
according to the post i read the time stamp from the first trophy to the last was 5 hours. The company is claiming that time is BS and say its 10 hours. Keep in mind game companies always overestimate

Looks like a borrow from the library.

So if it's mentioned - Single Player game.

Is Evolve or Dying Light doable as Single player.

I don't play online much

Evolve has single player, but there isn't a storyline/campaign.

I've had it for a weekend now and have yet to play multiplayer.

Dear god

"The footage totals roughly five hours of playtime, including both gameplay and cutscenes. The time devoted to cutscenes appears to be roughly half of that playtime, and the cutscenes are reported to be unskippable.
oof

ETA: Sounds like they made an interactive movie, not a game.
I tend to not buy into the "it's too short" comments, because they are usually speed runs or at least straightforward play-throughs, and nowhere near how I play games. I would probably expect this one to come in around 8-12 hours, like most single player FPS type games.

That said, it's been getting lukewarm comments in previews and early playthroughs - looks real pretty, great setting, but a boring, clunky game with tons of forced cutscenes and quicktime events.

We're at that time of year where any new game is welcome, so I was looking forward to this, but it's definitely going to be a "wait and see".

Dear god

"The footage totals roughly five hours of playtime, including both gameplay and cutscenes. The time devoted to cutscenes appears to be roughly half of that playtime, and the cutscenes are reported to be unskippable.
oof

ETA: Sounds like they made an interactive movie, not a game.
It worked for Metal Gear Solid.

Dear god

oofETA: Sounds like they made an interactive movie, not a game.
that game was about 10 hours gameplay, 10 hours cutscenes and 100% awesome

Dear god"The footage totals roughly five hours of playtime, including both gameplay and cutscenes. The time devoted to cutscenes appears to be roughly half of that playtime, and the cutscenes are reported to be unskippable.
If you think the 10+ minute cutscenes full of absolute nonsense "worked" for MGS, then yeah, I guess.

Dear god"The footage totals roughly five hours of playtime, including both gameplay and cutscenes. The time devoted to cutscenes appears to be roughly half of that playtime, and the cutscenes are reported to be unskippable.
The first MGS was awesome. The 2nd was good. Snake Eater it got a little silly. MGS4 with a 90 min cutscene is where they crossed the line.

If you think the 10+ minute cutscenes full of absolute nonsense "worked" for MGS, then yeah, I guess.
You mean I'm not the only one that hated that? The playable game is great, but I found the cutscenes unbearable.

Mgs was terrible with cut scenes.

I just messed around with evolve for an hour and a half ...can't capture a monster but wowser it's fun

Evil Within chapter 10 is brutal hard . Died more here than all other chapters combined. Laura and Big boss smoking me
just make sure you save alot of ammo for last chapter. Its almost game breaking
Yep. The last couple of chapters are a little too much IMO. Laura was no big deal, but there are some sections to come that require way too much ammo. There's one boss in particular that made me decide that I would never even attempt the platinum for this game because I can't even fathom getting by the guy without taking any damage at all. Still a fantastic game on "normal" though. Usually the default difficulty is too easy -- not the case here.
OK, chapters 11, 12, and 13 were not too bad. 13 did introduce a new floor element that was a PITA. Looking forward to the final chapter.

Diablo update

* This game still rocks. No matter how much time I put in, I still find new things and still find ways to improve a character.

* My current character is level 70 monk, at paragon 153. Sailing through torment 4 with ease.

* I just got a great gift from someone (maybe eyedoc) and it turned out to be my first Ancient Legendary. It is a great weapon for my character that only lacks a socket so I will be praying for a Ramalandi drop which allows you to add a socket to gear. I have only seen one drop so far though in all my time playing.

* I also experienced my first Nemesis today. One of you guys on my friends list was playing and died, and the character that killed you morphed into a unique baddie and invaded my game. :) . Lots of fun killing him out if the blue and he dropped 3 legendaries.

For you guys playing give me an update on your game.

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

* This game still rocks. No matter how much time I put in, I still find new things and still find ways to improve a character.

* My current character is level 70 monk, at paragon 153. Sailing through torment 4 with ease.

* I just got a great gift from someone (maybe eyedoc) and it turned out to be my first Ancient Legendary. It is a great weapon for my character that only lacks a socket so I will be praying for a Ramalandi drop which allows you to add a socket to gear. I have only seen one drop so far though in all my time playing.

* I also experienced my first Nemesis today. One of you guys on my friends list was playing and died, and the character that killed you morphed into a unique baddie and invaded my game. :) . Lots of fun killing him out if the blue and he dropped 3 legendaries.

Yeah, I sent you 3 legendary items the other day. Now get in that menu and send me something. :yes:

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

Yeah, I sent you 3 legendary items the other day. Now get in that menu and send me something. :yes:
I have a gift for eyedoc waiting to go. I will send tonight (assuming you are eyedoc, I can't keep anyone straight with the names).

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

I have a gift for eyedoc waiting to go. I will send tonight (assuming you are eyedoc, I can't keep anyone straight with the names).
Yes, that's me. I sent you a message over the PS4 telling you I sent them. :)

Kanil said:
I preordered this on 11/10/13. Canceled in May 14 and reordered in July 14. Haven't looked at any gameplay videos yet. I'm on the fence on whether I'll pick it up. Still spend all my video game time on Destiny.
Are you doing Iron Bounty this time? If so, are you good enough to pull someone that's horrible through and still winning!??
I'll do it if you see me on. Ran the weeklys and both raids tonight on my main. Got nothing as usual.

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

Are any of the gifts I sent going through?

I got a bunch when we killed Diablo at the end of an Act and sent 2 or 3 in rapid fire that night.

Seconding that this game is awesome. My SO and i play...and it sometimes sucks up a Friday night and we end up not at the bar like we planned with people HAHA

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

Are any of the gifts I sent going through?I got a bunch when we killed Diablo at the end of an Act and sent 2 or 3 in rapid fire that night.

Seconding that this game is awesome. My SO and i play...and it sometimes sucks up a Friday night and we end up not at the bar like we planned with people HAHA
Yes, I got some from you too. Thanks! I believe I have sent numerous gifts to you over the last couple of months. Hope you got them.

I bumped the Evolve thread. Glad I picked it up. It was between Dying Light and evolve. I'm sure both are good. WatchDogs just didn't do it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread