Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

And while everyone is playing Fallout 4, I'm enjoying the new Tomb Raider. It has improved on the last one, and added more. Loving it.

Read it's only about 15 hours of gameplay though, not sure that's worth the 60 bucks.

It is to the type of gamer that thinks 15 hours of gameplay is enough when the other 385 hours of gameplay in a 400 hour open world game consists of wandering wastelands looking for flowers, arranging said flowers attractively on the table of the cottage you just built, and tending to your free range chickens wandering in your front yard.

:lmao: So true.

I played the heck out of Skyrim, enjoyed FO3 and am looking forward to FO4 but I will take a well told, story driven RPG over a massive open world step-n-fetch game every time.

So what were your thoughts on Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition? I am a big fan of Dragon Age Origins, but not #2. Also huge fan of Mass Effect, and the more old school final fantasies.

And while everyone is playing Fallout 4, I'm enjoying the new Tomb Raider. It has improved on the last one, and added more. Loving it.

Read it's only about 15 hours of gameplay though, not sure that's worth the 60 bucks.

It is to the type of gamer that thinks 15 hours of gameplay is enough when the other 385 hours of gameplay in a 400 hour open world game consists of wandering wastelands looking for flowers, arranging said flowers attractively on the table of the cottage you just built, and tending to your free range chickens wandering in your front yard.

I played the heck out of Skyrim, enjoyed FO3 and am looking forward to FO4 but I will take a well told, story driven RPG over a massive open world step-n-fetch game every time.

So what were your thoughts on Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition? I am a big fan of Dragon Age Origins, but not #2. Also huge fan of Mass Effect, and the more old school final fantasies.

I like Dragon Age Inquisition more than DA2. It's closer to Skyrim open world, but it also has a lot of quests. There are fecth quests, but I haven't really gone out of my way to do any...as I progress through the story and kill bad guys I stumble upon the items I need to be fetching a lot of the time. If I have everything, I'll go out of my way to go to the person who wants the stuff (requisitions), but it's never really felt "out of the way" if that makes sense. It's kind of flexible - you can focus entirely on the main story and get a ton of playtime, you can ignore it and get a ton, or you can do both 100% and never have a life outside the game lol.

Really like DA:I. If I can get this damn deal assessment done I'm gonna play some today now haha.

Haven't played Witcher 3 at all (need a new rig) and only dabbled in DA:I. I liked DA:O but not as much as most did. I liked DA:2 more than most did I think because it was visually much more engaging than DA:O even if the story was kind of meh. The Mass Effect and The Witcher series are neck-and-neck for my all time favorite RPGs. Just so good on so many levels.

Any guys that usually do RPG's like fallouts on PC's trying PS4/XB1 this time? I've been looking at PS4 deals and the first one I see with an extra game I may want is the best buy Uncharted and FO4 deal. However, I always play RPG's on PC and was planning to do the same this time.

Anyone try switching over recently and like or dislike it? I've always liked PC interface better for those games especially when you are constantly dealing with inventory and stuff like that. You also tend to get upgraded graphics mods for PC that are kinda nice.

Thoughts?

Any guys that usually do RPG's like fallouts on PC's trying PS4/XB1 this time? I've been looking at PS4 deals and the first one I see with an extra game I may want is the best buy Uncharted and FO4 deal. However, I always play RPG's on PC and was planning to do the same this time.

Anyone try switching over recently and like or dislike it? I've always liked PC interface better for those games especially when you are constantly dealing with inventory and stuff like that. You also tend to get upgraded graphics mods for PC that are kinda nice.

Thoughts?

Pip boy app while playing console

Win win

Thoughts?

I bought a PS4 a while back (for MLB and NHL mainly but also GTA5) and thought about buying for the comparison between PC and console as a general and gaming experience. I usually separate PC vs console and have given up the console in the past because PC gaming was so far ahead.

for the guys who have played Skyrim...is there any reason to do Alchemy? I mean, do you ever get to create anything that is really useful? I've already decided I'm not going to cook ####, so I don't have to carry any food around. you usually find plenty of potions & poisons in the world, so if I don't have to worry about ingredients either, it will save a lot of carrying space & effort to find things.

It's useful for leveling up but I never put perk points into the Alchemy tree.

:goodposting: - By the time leveling Alchemy is efficient and worthwhile, you'll be spending the perks on FAR more superior fun.

Unless you just really enjoy making potions that you'll rarely, if ever, actually use. If you are making them for trade, there are far better weapons and/or armor for the time/value.

Thoughts?

First time on the PS from PC (didn't want to spend the $$$ or time to upgrade the PC). I'm actually enjoying FO4 on the PS more than I liked the PC. The app is crucial for inventory management but otherwise I really like sitting on my couch and playing on the big screen. PS4 version is modable as well!

FO4 thread question:

I haven't been able to open the thread since a tiny spoiler early on release day. What are we at now with spoiler tagging in the thread?

Not happening. Spoilers all over the place, but most of the posts are "how do I do this?" types.
Ok, thanks. I'll just stay away for a bit. The game is so much fun and I'd rather wade a bit deeper into it before I subject myself to spoilers.

FO4 thread question:

I haven't been able to open the thread since a tiny spoiler early on release day. What are we at now with spoiler tagging in the thread?

what do you consider a spoiler?

Anything plot related or "I went to X and got Y" type stuff. I'd like the game to still be more of a mystery at this point.

FO4 thread question:

Not happening. Spoilers all over the place, but most of the posts are "how do I do this?" types.
Ok, thanks. I'll just stay away for a bit. The game is so much fun and I'd rather wade a bit deeper into it before I subject myself to spoilers.

The only spoilers not in tags have been about the first hour or two of gameplay. The rest of the talk is crafting, tips and general stuff - not plot

FO4 thread question:

what do you consider a spoiler?

Anything plot related or "I went to X and got Y" type stuff. I'd like the game to still be more of a mystery at this point.

I would stay out in that case. I've seen a few things that would be this.

I had a few dollars still on PSN from ages ago so purchased the entire Walking Dead series, the first season or whatever it is called. Unfortunately I did not realize there would be no option to invert the Y axis. I am absoutely horrible at any sequence that requires aiming without that option. I died like three times just trying to kill the babysitter in episode one, a sequence that would have been laughably easy otherwise. I have no idea if I'll be able to adjust much as time passes. How action heavy is this series? I'd really like to know if I should even bother trying to move forward.

The Show is pissing me off.

Come back from 15 day DL after a mystery concussion (and nobody hit the ball, somehow I concussed myself pitching)...and first outing I have a stiff neck (after 4 2/3 no hit innings with 10 K) and get pulled, and the second outing I have an elbow strain (after 1 1/3 no hit innings with 4 K) and get pulled again. Its like the game doesn't want me to win the Cy Young and MVP again :cry: Yeah, I know, PTTS :lol:

I had a few dollars still on PSN from ages ago so purchased the entire Walking Dead series, the first season or whatever it is called. Unfortunately I did not realize there would be no option to invert the Y axis. I am absoutely horrible at any sequence that requires aiming without that option. I died like three times just trying to kill the babysitter in episode one, a sequence that would have been laughably easy otherwise. I have no idea if I'll be able to adjust much as time passes. How action heavy is this series? I'd really like to know if I should even bother trying to move forward.

Try to get used to it. Not sure why you are having such a difficult time though. You need to aim up, move the joystick up. Same with left and right.

It's a gripping game. I just finished season 1 two days ago, just started season 2. Very cool gaming experience.

Come back from 15 day DL after a mystery concussion (and nobody hit the ball, somehow I concussed myself pitching)...and first outing I have a stiff neck (after 4 2/3 no hit innings with 10 K) and get pulled, and the second outing I have an elbow strain (after 1 1/3 no hit innings with 4 K) and get pulled again. Its like the game doesn't want me to win the Cy Young and MVP again :cry: Yeah, I know, PTTS :lol:

Yeah well my starting pitcher who totally destroyed at Triple-A is now a stupid middle reliever/guy who pitches the 9th when we're losing.

I can't get to the starting rotation. I've pitched like 40 innings with a .3 ERA and a .7 WHIP or something like that at the MLB level. Like, at least let me close if you won't let me start!

• Like 1

:RTTS:
  • Like 1

Bought CK2 last night. Was up until 3:30am playing. Am I ####ed? It feels like I might be ####ed.

Oh if you were up until 330am playing a video game, I can most assuredly say you were not ####ed, my friend. :nerd:

• Like 2

Yeah well my starting pitcher who totally destroyed at Triple-A is now a stupid middle reliever/guy who pitches the 9th when we're losing.

I can't get to the starting rotation. I've pitched like 40 innings with a .3 ERA and a .7 WHIP or something like that at the MLB level. Like, at least let me close if you won't let me start!

So I think there is a correlation between requesting a trade and getting pulled......

Just was pulled in the middle of a No-Hitter.....9th inning, leadoff hitter grounds out to short, but SS makes an error. And I get pulled for a reliever who gives up a 2 run bomb to lose the game. And the shows incorrect scoring gives me an earned run and a loss with a no-hit scoreline.....sigh.....

Anyone have an update on when No Man's Sky is releasing? I thought it was supposed to be late 2015 but now I'm reading 2016 but no estimation on when in 2016.

June 2016

I was a little disappointed with the late release date at first. However, after some thought I realized it gives me plenty of time for Fallout 4 so I'm ok with it now.

So I think there is a correlation between requesting a trade and getting pulled......

Just was pulled in the middle of a No-Hitter.....9th inning, leadoff hitter grounds out to short, but SS makes an error. And I get pulled for a reliever who gives up a 2 run bomb to lose the game. And the shows incorrect scoring gives me an earned run and a loss with a no-hit scoreline.....sigh.....

I am annoyed that it doesn't do ERA correctly. Nothing is worse than back to back errors with two outs...only then I get charged the freakin runs and it is worse.

• Like 1

very difficult... requires lots of teamwork and communication and noone mics up.

There's 3 difficulties on the co-op mode... normal, hard and realistic. Probably complete the objectives and pass the lvl maybe 20% of the time, on the lowest difficulty.

It's fun and all but I probably won't buy it unless 2 or 3 other friends that play a lot do.

Been playing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced for a couple days now with gf. Initial thoughts:

I think it's super fun. Turn-based, very D&D-esque. Like it a lot. The ability to argue with each other in game and solve it with rock paper scissors is kind of neat too. For her (the non-gamer) it's not as fun as Diablo because in Diablo you just run around hitting the buttons and things die. That said, we've got a solid 10-15 hours in already and she's enjoying it. Just saw they funded Divinity OS Two, so hopefully that makes it to console eventually as well.

All in all, it's a success. Some definite differences to Diablo that I find very positive, but that she's taking some getting used to. I love doing all the level up planning and gear maximizing, so we've actually started just moving all loot to my character to sell or keep or equip our companions and stuff whenever we finish a quest. She takes a break, makes lunch for us, or whatever...and I get to compare all the armors and weapons haha.

Been playing Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced for a couple days now with gf. Initial thoughts:

I think it's super fun. Turn-based, very D&D-esque. Like it a lot. The ability to argue with each other in game and solve it with rock paper scissors is kind of neat too. For her (the non-gamer) it's not as fun as Diablo because in Diablo you just run around hitting the buttons and things die. That said, we've got a solid 10-15 hours in already and she's enjoying it. Just saw they funded Divinity OS Two, so hopefully that makes it to console eventually as well.

All in all, it's a success. Some definite differences to Diablo that I find very positive, but that she's taking some getting used to. I love doing all the level up planning and gear maximizing, so we've actually started just moving all loot to my character to sell or keep or equip our companions and stuff whenever we finish a quest. She takes a break, makes lunch for us, or whatever...and I get to compare all the armors and weapons haha.

That's awesome. My girlfriend was the same way once upon a time. Six years ago she would play Skyrim and be more worried about how her character looked, that all the armor matched, etc. Now she min-maxes with the best of them. She really liked the console version of Dragon Age: Inquisition and started looking into the older games that inspired it, she ended up playing dozens of hours of Balder's Gate and Icewind Dale. So this is definitely up our alley, we're going to get it today. We've been obsessed with Fallout and competing for playing time, so a co-op game would be perfect and we've been excited about this one. Edited by ConnSKINS26