What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (5 Viewers)

So anyone playing siege have a recommendation for weapons and operators to start with? I'll try everything over time but I'm mainly looking for ease to play with some survivability for my girlfriend who has less patience in these games to learn.
Ash might be a good one for her as an attacker. Since it's risky putting breaching devices on something, she can shoot at them from a distance blowing them open. Really depends on her style of play?
Usually very cautious until she learns to play and then she is very aggressive.

jevy said:
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Played " The Long Dark" tonight. It's still in development but you can get a free hour trial and/or purchase the beta version.

Youve crashed in the mountains and you must see how long you can survive. I think everything other then the map spawns differently each game. The graphics have a beautiful art style and the game is pretty interesting. You fight freezing temps, hunger, dehydration, exhaustion, hypothermia and wolf attacks.

I managed to last almost 2 days before I was attacked by a wolf. I woke up and the wolf was gone but I lost a lot of blood and my boots and gloves were shredded in the attack. I managed to crawl another hundred feet or so before I bled out in the cold snow.

A few things need tweaking but I will absolutely purchase this if it ever goes on sale. (it's currently $20)
I have been playing this also, and am getting good at it. The Beta has three or four maps that are linked together. I am on a play through now in which I can not find a hatchet and have looked everywhere - except the safe which I can not seem to crack.

Also, can you beat the game and make it to safety, or do you just die no matter how long you survive?

If you every make it to the dam there are a ton of supplies and there is a wolf inside and he will attack you. Also there is suppose to be a survivalists bunker that randomly spawns somewhere in the world.
I see that it's $10 on Steam but it's listed as Early Access. I get that it's in alpha or beta, so we're basically bug testers, but when/if it's officially released, will we have to buy the final product?
I see no one has answered it. When you buy a game that's "Early Access", you'll own it when it officially releases. The only difference is that you will get to play the alpha/beta and help mold it (if you wish).

Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Played " The Long Dark" tonight. It's still in development but you can get a free hour trial and/or purchase the beta version.

Youve crashed in the mountains and you must see how long you can survive. I think everything other then the map spawns differently each game. The graphics have a beautiful art style and the game is pretty interesting. You fight freezing temps, hunger, dehydration, exhaustion, hypothermia and wolf attacks.

I managed to last almost 2 days before I was attacked by a wolf. I woke up and the wolf was gone but I lost a lot of blood and my boots and gloves were shredded in the attack. I managed to crawl another hundred feet or so before I bled out in the cold snow.

A few things need tweaking but I will absolutely purchase this if it ever goes on sale. (it's currently $20)
I have been playing this also, and am getting good at it. The Beta has three or four maps that are linked together. I am on a play through now in which I can not find a hatchet and have looked everywhere - except the safe which I can not seem to crack.

If you every make it to the dam there are a ton of supplies and there is a wolf inside and he will attack you. Also there is suppose to be a survivalists bunker that randomly spawns somewhere in the world.
I somehow missed this post!

I'm considering getting it. I only played the trial but enjoyed it. It's pretty immersive and tense at times.

I have no idea of there is an end game in the only playable mode currently but they have the story mode coming.

I actuslly stumbled upon the dam on my first and only playthrough. I searched the best I could and found several good items but couldn't seem to find my way down to the lower level, only like 3 rooms.
I think my only gripe was that it seemed that I was unrealistically thirsty. I mean I just crashed, and I'm already thirsty. There's snow everywhere and I drank like three sodas and something else and I was still thirsty. Thirst was actually the reason I've ventured outside prematurely because I was worried I was going to die of it.

So anyone playing siege have a recommendation for weapons and operators to start with? I'll try everything over time but I'm mainly looking for ease to play with some survivability for my girlfriend who has less patience in these games to learn.
Ash might be a good one for her as an attacker. Since it's risky putting breaching devices on something, she can shoot at them from a distance blowing them open. Really depends on her style of play?
Usually very cautious until she learns to play and then she is very aggressive.
Maybe try twitch/ Thatche/ GlazTwitch uses drones to taze people or electronics. Thatcher tosses EMP grenades.

Glaz a sniper. Hangs further back and snipes guys as your teammates blow open walls. Generally people are focused close-in and not further out where you'll be. You're screwed if you run head into an enemy so stick close to someone.
In the video I noticed the guys move their drones all over the place, scouting where the enemies were but it appeared as if the enemies couldn't see the drones - what's up with that?

Been playing Wolfenstein The New Order for the past several weeks as break from family stuff. Usually have the basement to myself to trounce Nazis. It's mostly a straightforward war time FPS with more emphasis on robots than any love line.

Today I'm playing and my 9 yo daughter comes down to hang. No biggie, I'm navigating a Nazis underground tunnel. Somehow, the love story plot went from peck on the cheek to full on boning in 2 seconds. I'm not a big prude and found this whole thing more funny than disturbing, but would have appreciated some heads up on that. Couldn't hit the skip movie button fast enough!

Kid just won an Xbox one so we've got a console again. Looking forward to perusing this thread to find a good adventure to dig into. Is the Star Wars Battlefront game worth the money?

Kid just won an Xbox one so we've got a console again. Looking forward to perusing this thread to find a good adventure to dig into. Is the Star Wars Battlefront game worth the money?
The consensus seems to be, looks great, sounds great but gameplay is very limited and newer maps will cost money.

For adventure game looking into both tomb raiders stating with definitive edition. Also fallout 4, assassin creed syndicate(London), and and Withcher III are great open world or story orientated games. Ori and the blind forest is a fantastic arcade game that is shorter but is easily one of the best experiences there is...and it's cheaper.From everything I have seen and read and played a little, stay away from battlefront, although it is worth a rental to get the atmosphere, which is what it did right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just scared myself a bit after doing some calculations

I have been playing Hearthstone since May of 2014.

I have played over 10,000 games.

Each game takes on average ~10 minutes.

That means I have put in ~1700 hours on this game.

Yikes, I might need an intervention. :)
I stopped looking at /played counters after my first toon in Everquest got past 100 days. If you're enjoying yourself and getting your #### done, don't sweat it.

Any suggestions on a good space sim? I've got an itch to fly a space ship in a world with a good economy. Is Elite: Dangerous worth it?

Any suggestions on a good space sim? I've got an itch to fly a space ship in a world with a good economy. Is Elite: Dangerous worth it?
I'm interested in hearing some responses on this as well. It's a shame I didn't ask that very question a few days ago when it was on sale for Xbox One.

It is a really good space sim that almost borders into mmoish light territory. It is the only space sim on consoles worth considering really.

It is a really good space sim that almost borders into mmoish light territory. It is the only space sim on consoles worth considering really.
Thanks... I've got a PC as well as a PS4 so I'm not only limited to console games. One of the problems I'm finding is that the genre looked just about dead until recently. Now it feels like there are 10-15 new games doing similar things and I have no idea which ones are better than others.

Thanks... I've got a PC as well as a PS4 so I'm not only limited to console games. One of the problems I'm finding is that the genre looked just about dead until recently. Now it feels like there are 10-15 new games doing similar things and I have no idea which ones are better than others.
I can't help you much on comparing them since I don't have a decent computer and have a Xbox one, so my experience is limited except in old 90s space sims on pc. Elite Dangerous is the first one on console I have found to get the whole flight, space vibe, things to do correct. Also teaming up with friends is even better and you don't have to face off against other real people to start, which is nice. But it's very old school in the sense you are literally left alone with barely any instructions having to learn everything. No hand holding.

Any good couch co-ops lately? We've gotten burned out on Diablo...

Not directly couch coop but I enjoy playing the tall tale games with my girlfriend watching and providing input/arguing on choices. The borderlands(my favorite), wolf among us, walking dead are top flight and game of thrones is solid if you like the show. I have also heard good things about the mine craft one if you enjoy the normal game.

Also Borderlands Handsome Collection(BL2 & Presequel) and Divinity Orginal Sin Enhanced Edition may be what your looking for. Both are really good and offer different style rpg experiences. Both have couch coop.

I'm interested in hearing some responses on this as well. It's a shame I didn't ask that very question a few days ago when it was on sale for Xbox One.
It's still 25% off with gold membership.
I just noticed that when I got home. I REALLY want to like this game but just can't pull the trigger. It looks so incredibly boring.

Also, can you beat the game and make it to safety, or do you just die no matter how long you survive?

I see that it's $10 on Steam but it's listed as Early Access. I get that it's in alpha or beta, so we're basically bug testers, but when/if it's officially released, will we have to buy the final product?
I see no one has answered it. When you buy a game that's "Early Access", you'll own it when it officially releases. The only difference is that you will get to play the alpha/beta and help mold it (if you wish).
Thanks.

To answer questions on the Rainbow6 stuff earlier. I'm still a recruit or whatever and haven't unlocked the operators. I played at my brothers house with a few of them, but nothing unlocked on my own.

Do you recommend any particular game types early on?

To answer questions on the Rainbow6 stuff earlier. I'm still a recruit or whatever and haven't unlocked the operators. I played at my brothers house with a few of them, but nothing unlocked on my own.

Do you recommend any particular game types early on?
Play the situations and you'll get enough points to unlock multiple operators. Also watch the tutorials for more free points. You really need 5 offense and 5 defense so you don't get stuck with recruit in multiplayer. Also you'll find out which ones you prefer during the situations. There's a Rainbow 6 Siege subreddit for this game with some good posts breaking down the operators.

Some dumb questions for xbox. I know I just need to get used to it but just to play a game is painful.

I feel i am going to miss the days of pressing power and just start playing.

My kid got a few games.

one is plants vs zombies garden warfare

After about 30 min of trying to get to the actual game i read up on it and it looks like you HAVE to have xbox live to play this game.

Is that common amongst games? Do most games require this membership?

He is 7 and it appears live is mainly for playing online with other people?

I don't him to do that yet and I don't care for it yet.

At this point i just want games to insert disc and start playing. That's it. I don't want memberships, gold, or need to create accounts for everything.

I created an xbox account, is that enough?

What are the basics I need to simply just buy a disc and play a game?

I feel like an idiot with this stuff but it just seems like a PITA to get TO the game.

Any basic help would be appreciated

Some dumb questions for xbox. I know I just need to get used to it but just to play a game is painful.

My kid got a few games.

After about 30 min of trying to get to the actual game i read up on it and it looks like you HAVE to have xbox live to play this game.

At this point i just want games to insert disc and start playing. That's it. I don't want memberships, gold, or need to create accounts for everything.

I feel like an idiot with this stuff but it just seems like a PITA to get TO the game.

I've had live forever so not 100%, but I believe you just need a silver membership to DL things and such. You will need a gamertag for this.

Gold allows you to play multiplayer and this would be the portion you pay for. Silver should be free.

So PSN crashed today and there are reports that all PS4 Battlefront 3 players lost all of their progress/ranks. How do they not have that backed up? Crazy.

So PSN crashed today and there are reports that all PS4 Battlefront 3 players lost all of their progress/ranks. How do they not have that backed up? Crazy.
Because Sony learned their lesson from the last crash/hack and made their network totally secure. Oh wait... The other thing.

My kid got a few games.

Garden Warfare is one of those multiplayer only games. Yes, it requires Live Gold to play it online. It's a nice shooter for younger kids. I only recommend muting everyone in a match, because while the game is fine for young ones, you still have the online morons who want to say whatever they want.

My kid got a few games.

Garden Warfare is one of those multiplayer only games. Yes, it requires Live Gold to play it online. It's a nice shooter for younger kids. I only recommend muting everyone in a match, because while the game is fine for young ones, you still have the online morons who want to say whatever they want.
:goodposting: It really is a harmless online game for kids IMO.

Is there an easy way to mute everyone in a match? I was only able to do it manually one player at a time and them when the lobby changes you have to do it again.

My kid got a few games.

:goodposting: It really is a harmless online game for kids IMO.

Is there an easy way to mute everyone in a match? I was only able to do it manually one player at a time and them when the lobby changes you have to do it again.
I think you can only do it one player at a time. I have it on Origin (PC), so I don't know if it's different on the Xbox.

My kid got a few games.

:goodposting: It really is a harmless online game for kids IMO. Is there an easy way to mute everyone in a match? I was only able to do it manually one player at a time and them when the lobby changes you have to do it again.
I think you can only do it one player at a time. I have it on Origin (PC), so I don't know if it's different on the Xbox.
Been awhile since I played online but I think you can just plug in a headset and turn the volume all the way down. The game sound will come from the TV but the mic will travel to the headset.

That version of plants versus zombies is garbage anyway. Also, you don't want your young son to play against people online who are gonna kick his ### all game he won't have fun.

Purchase the very first plants versus zombies game and let him have at it. It's much better than the crap EA has ruined and he can play off-line.

Uncharted 3.

Loving the story so far. Got to the castle in France and just dealt with the ambush on top of the well I climbed out of. So far on par with Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 3.

Loving the story so far. Got to the castle in France and just dealt with the ambush on top of the well I climbed out of. So far on par with Uncharted 2.
I've always thought that Uncharted 3 is underrated -- it's every bit as good as Uncharted 2 IMO.

U3 shipped with the some serious technical problems, and think that had a lot to do with it getting a chillier reception than U2. I picked it up a few months after launch and whatever the issues were had been fixed by then, but I remember it getting blasted in some corners initially.

As an old timer wanting to get back into gaming because of my kids...

The Madden 16 draft thing sucks.

Is there a way to not have to go through the stupid superbowl demo thing at the beginning of the game?

I'm on Uncharted 2 right now, as I got the bundle as an XMas gift for PS4. Anyways, I am on the train trying to beat the train boss guy or whoever. How do you beat the guy? I keep shooting and shooting and then he comes towards me and kicks my ###. Also, how close am I to finishing the game?

I'm on Uncharted 2 right now, as I got the bundle as an XMas gift for PS4. Anyways, I am on the train trying to beat the train boss guy or whoever. How do you beat the guy? I keep shooting and shooting and then he comes towards me and kicks my ###. Also, how close am I to finishing the game?
Not close. I think with that boss, you have to shoot the crap out of him, and when he comes in close, you have to counter him.

Is there a way to not have to go through the stupid superbowl demo thing at the beginning of the game?
It only happens once on your initial start up of the game.

Just play offline Connected Franchise. This IMO is the very best Madden football ever as an overall package, game play, features, graphics etc. A great game.

On another note my 2016 gaming is simple:

MLB 15/MLB 16

Madden 16/17

NBA 2K16

NHL 16

Fallout 4

Until Dawn

Dying Light

Dragon Age 3

The Wolf Among Us

Game Of Thrones

The Witcher 3 (not yet purchased)

Mad Max (not yet purchased)

I think you only have to go through that while it is installing, but it is pretty quick regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread