What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (5 Viewers)

I'm on Uncharted 2 right now, as I got the bundle as an XMas gift for PS4. Anyways, I am on the train trying to beat the train boss guy or whoever. How do you beat the guy? I keep shooting and shooting and then he comes towards me and kicks my ###. Also, how close am I to finishing the game?
Not close. I think with that boss, you have to shoot the crap out of him, and when he comes in close, you have to counter him.
You have to keep hitting him with everything you have until his helmet comes off, and then at that point head shots should bring him down.

I'm on Uncharted 2 right now, as I got the bundle as an XMas gift for PS4. Anyways, I am on the train trying to beat the train boss guy or whoever. How do you beat the guy? I keep shooting and shooting and then he comes towards me and kicks my ###. Also, how close am I to finishing the game?
Not close. I think with that boss, you have to shoot the crap out of him, and when he comes in close, you have to counter him.
You have to keep hitting him with everything you have until his helmet comes off, and then at that point head shots should bring him down.
I'll try again tonight. So far the whole series has been fantastic, game play, story, graphics...everything. Until now. With this train boss or whatever, I feel like I am playing a throwback game for the Nintendo. This game was kind of realistic in regards to death until now. It's kind of ridiculous. Shooting this guy hundreds of times......

I'll try again tonight. So far the whole series has been fantastic, game play, story, graphics...everything. Until now. With this train boss or whatever, I feel like I am playing a throwback game for the Nintendo. This game was kind of realistic in regards to death until now. It's kind of ridiculous. Shooting this guy hundreds of times......
I loved the game - don't remember him being THAT hard though. I actually had a ton of trouble getting to him. If you haven't done the truck chase mission yet, you will fall back in love with the game. Multiple trucks moving fast, no time to think - ton of fun.

I loved the game - don't remember him being THAT hard though. I actually had a ton of trouble getting to him. If you haven't done the truck chase mission yet, you will fall back in love with the game. Multiple trucks moving fast, no time to think - ton of fun.
Oh I'm still enjoying it, one of the best games/series I've ever played. And I've played video games for a looong time. But this guy on the train, and how you have to beat him, just seems really out of place in this game.

Oh I'm still enjoying it, one of the best games/series I've ever played. And I've played video games for a looong time. But this guy on the train, and how you have to beat him, just seems really out of place in this game.
He is wearing a crap ton of bady armor. So, there's that.

I thought eventually you let him get close and then dodge/melee him a couple times. If you don't, the gun battle goes on forever.

IIRC

Edit: Yup - YouTube "uncharted 2 train boss"

Last edited by a moderator:
Way behind the power curve but, since I stuck with my PS3 for now, I picked up Far Cry 4. A lot of familiarity from FC3, but I consider that a plus. Really enjoying it so far.

Some dumb questions for xbox. I know I just need to get used to it but just to play a game is painful.

I feel i am going to miss the days of pressing power and just start playing.

My kid got a few games.

one is plants vs zombies garden warfare

After about 30 min of trying to get to the actual game i read up on it and it looks like you HAVE to have xbox live to play this game.

Is that common amongst games? Do most games require this membership?

He is 7 and it appears live is mainly for playing online with other people?

I don't him to do that yet and I don't care for it yet.

At this point i just want games to insert disc and start playing. That's it. I don't want memberships, gold, or need to create accounts for everything.

I created an xbox account, is that enough?

What are the basics I need to simply just buy a disc and play a game?

I feel like an idiot with this stuff but it just seems like a PITA to get TO the game.

Any basic help would be appreciated
Garden Warfare is one of those multiplayer only games. Yes, it requires Live Gold to play it online. It's a nice shooter for younger kids. I only recommend muting everyone in a match, because while the game is fine for young ones, you still have the online morons who want to say whatever they want.
:goodposting: It really is a harmless online game for kids IMO. Is there an easy way to mute everyone in a match? I was only able to do it manually one player at a time and them when the lobby changes you have to do it again.
I think you can only do it one player at a time. I have it on Origin (PC), so I don't know if it's different on the Xbox.
Been awhile since I played online but I think you can just plug in a headset and turn the volume all the way down. The game sound will come from the TV but the mic will travel to the headset.
That's an idea. If you don't plug in a mic, though, the voice chat will run through the TV too. I always hated that. At least that's how it worked on the 360. I can't speak for the Xbox One.

He is wearing a crap ton of bady armor. So, there's that.
Finally beat him. Shot him until he came after me, and this time I was able to successfully dodge his punches and hit him when I could by using the triangle and square buttons. Took a while and my thumb still hurts, but I'm past him. Felt like I was playing a boxing game. Hope there is still a good amount of game left.

As an old timer wanting to get back into gaming because of my kids...

The Madden 16 draft thing sucks.

Is there a way to not have to go through the stupid superbowl demo thing at the beginning of the game?
I think you only have to go through that while it is installing, but it is pretty quick regardless.
It's definitely doing that every time we fire the game up. Takes forever.

Is there a way to not have to go through the stupid superbowl demo thing at the beginning of the game?
I think you only have to go through that while it is installing, but it is pretty quick regardless.
You're not saving or signed in with a gamer tag. That should only happen the very first time you fire up the game.

You're not saving or signed in with a gamer tag. That should only happen the very first time you fire up the game.
I'm signed in to Xbox Gold. :shrug:

Signed in to EA? Did you complete the demo?

cracked open NHLCPA 93' for genesis last night

game is still amazing

those Chicago blackhawks are such a stacked team though its almost unfair

There's a separate EA sign-on? I just have my xbox live account. All 3 of us have done that stupid demo a dozen times.

There's a separate EA sign-on? I just have my xbox live account. All 3 of us have done that stupid demo a dozen times.
geez man, not to get all "get off my lawn" but this is what I mean...

I miss the days of the only thing you need to know was

UP UP

DOWN DOWN

LEFT RIGHT

LEFT RIGHT

BA

Select Start

That version of plants versus zombies is garbage anyway. Also, you don't want your young son to play against people online who are gonna kick his ### all game he won't have fun.

Purchase the very first plants versus zombies game and let him have at it. It's much better than the crap EA has ruined and he can play off-line.
Thanks for the info guys

He got that particular game as a gift. I can just pick up a different version of that game

Yeah - you probably skipped it beause you didn't want to create the account

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I might be liking Uncharted 3 more than 2 and I didn't think that would be possible. But the scenes and "cinematography" of the areas you travel to are amazing. And the story is better. Got the Syria portion of the story last night and the puzzels in the fortress were outstanding, but what was really cool was looking over the walls of the fortress to the city below - looked like it was right out of a hollywood blockbuster.

Really really good franchise.

U2 and U3 were light years ahead in terms of graphics.

I think I'd classify Tomb Raider as Assassin's Creed meets Uncharted...and that's a good thing.

U2 and U3 were light years ahead in terms of graphics.

I think I'd classify Tomb Raider as Assassin's Creed meets Uncharted...and that's a good thing.
I'll have to go back to Assassin's Creed at some point. I started Black Flag (I think - the one where you are in the futuristic video game simulator) but it didn't catch me and I haven't gone back.

More RTTS talk:

I can't hit a knuckleball to save my life on any level in the game. So I created a knuckleballer and feel a little better by making the AI look as silly as I do. Made the Rangers before the All-Star break, got into the AS Game as a starter after maybe 8 starts, and nearly qualified for pitching categories by year end (I had 158 or so innings...just a few shy of leading the league officially in wins, ERA, WHIP, and such).

I basically play Fallout 4 until my eyes fall out and use RTTS to fill the rest of my nights. Life is good.

Rainbow6

Finally got some good time in tonight. First couple of matches I was overwhelmed, but once I figured out some of the strategies, I got hooked. I played about 4 straight hours at that point. Really incredible mix of gameplay and strategy.

I am having a hard time figuring out where enemies can come from. I thought I had a room locked down and boom straight from above.

I've got some coins saved for a few operators - any suggestions? Also how do I put camo and red dot sights on my guns?

Rainbow6

Finally got some good time in tonight. First couple of matches I was overwhelmed, but once I figured out some of the strategies, I got hooked. I played about 4 straight hours at that point. Really incredible mix of gameplay and strategy.

I am having a hard time figuring out where enemies can come from. I thought I had a room locked down and boom straight from above.

I've got some coins saved for a few operators - any suggestions? Also how do I put camo and red dot sights on my guns?
One of the tutorials shows you what kind of walls can be breached totally or just damaged, and what they all look like

Rainbow6

One of the tutorials shows you what kind of walls can be breached totally or just damaged, and what they all look like
Right, should have been more specific. I just didn't see the openings above. I'm still on my first or second round on each map so I haven't quite figured out how they flow yet.

Wondering if I should get the Tomb Raider season pass.

If its new content, I'm in. But I don't want to pay $30 for some costumes and one special weapon.

TheAristocrat said:
More RTTS talk:

I can't hit a knuckleball to save my life on any level in the game. So I created a knuckleballer and feel a little better by making the AI look as silly as I do. Made the Rangers before the All-Star break, got into the AS Game as a starter after maybe 8 starts, and nearly qualified for pitching categories by year end (I had 158 or so innings...just a few shy of leading the league officially in wins, ERA, WHIP, and such).

I basically play Fallout 4 until my eyes fall out and use RTTS to fill the rest of my nights. Life is good.
Simple rule to follow hitting knuckle ballers.

If it's high let it fly.

If it's low let it go.

I got Assasin's Creed Unity for free with the bundle. Do I need to play the previous games before jumping into this?

Rainbow6

The red dot sights are kind of bad in the game. I prefer the holographic for all operators except the Russians. For them I go with the reflex sight(my favorite), and when certain operators don't have the specific sights on some weapons I go with something else.

TheAristocrat said:
More RTTS talk:

Simple rule to follow hitting knuckle ballers.

If it's high let it fly.

If it's low let it go.
Hmmm... I'll have to give this a whirl.

If its new content, I'm in. But I don't want to pay $30 for some costumes and one special weapon.
If I've read everything right, there is only one new story DLC and the rest is challenge modes, skins, cards and the like. Personally I'm passing on it. I'll buy the Baba Yaga DLC but I'm never going to use the rest of the stuff.

ETA: There's an "endurance mode," wave based challenge mode, and the new tomb DLC (Baba Yaga). Then some weapons and skins...

http://www.destructoid.com/here-is-what-s-in-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-s-season-pass-314383.phtml

If I've read everything right, there is only one new story DLC and the rest is challenge modes, skins, cards and the like. Personally I'm passing on it. I'll buy the Baba Yaga DLC but I'm never going to use the rest of the stuff.ETA: There's an "endurance mode," wave based challenge mode, and the new tomb DLC (Baba Yaga). Then some weapons and skins...

http://www.destructoid.com/here-is-what-s-in-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-s-season-pass-314383.phtml
They are selling modes now? What has this industry become?

If I've read everything right, there is only one new story DLC and the rest is challenge modes, skins, cards and the like. Personally I'm passing on it. I'll buy the Baba Yaga DLC but I'm never going to use the rest of the stuff.ETA: There's an "endurance mode," wave based challenge mode, and the new tomb DLC (Baba Yaga). Then some weapons and skins...

Smarter at making money

I got Assasin's Creed Unity for free with the bundle. Do I need to play the previous games before jumping into this?
Not really.
You might want to read a wikipedia entry or something just so you know what the hell is going on. There is some backstory involving a centuries-long secret war that it would be helpful to know about.
Summary:There is a centuries long war between the Templars (who are bad because...because) vs. Assassin's who are good because...they assassinate Templars...and their friends). If you play video games and have the right DNA you can access the memories of Assassin's and killkillkill!

There is the back story. Go forth and enjoy in confidence that you are fully up to speed.

Smarter at making money
I guess. Maybe just sell the base game for cheaper than $60 if it's not a full game then if it's just a vessel to sell features that should be included for the $60 fee.

My sister tried buying Xbox Live from that CDKeys website. They charged her card but never sent the code. Now when she tries to get help they're stiff arming her.

Caveat Emptor.

My sister tried buying Xbox Live from that CDKeys website. They charged her card but never sent the code. Now when she tries to get help they're stiff arming her.

Caveat Emptor.
Buying Xbox Live from CDKeys was the most unnecessarily complicated transaction I ever completed online. It eventually worked, but it was a PITA and I would never buy from them again.

Officially addicted to Rainbow 6.

After years of Search and Destroy on COD, this scratches that itch with specialized operators. I woke up early this morning to play a few rounds before anyone woke up and even took my first vid - nothing special, but the last kill in OT and led the team.

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/f3d484b8-54f0-4b27-960e-bab3f8b8d1fa
I need to get this. Figures that a game I've likely been waiting a decade for comes out and I had no idea. Argh.... I'm getting a sleeve done later this month and have no $$$$ for games.

Amazon is going to offer 20% discounts on pre orders of physical copies if you are a Prime member. That should put an end to gamestop

Users who are viewing this thread