What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

My favorite baseball game was MVP 2004. Best combo of season sim and easy to use controls I've had. I'm sure if I spent the time I could figure out the show but the week or 2 I played of 2012 didn't grab me. I don't plan on getting a ps4 anytime soon either so I guess I'm lost for baseball unless I go back to show 12 and work on it. 

So I hit 30 on The Division this weekend.  Anyone else besides Cockroach playing it?  I'm obviously not super well geared yet but should be able to get through most challenge modes with little help.  If anyone wants to play and sees me online, feel free to jump into my group (and chat party) and play.

PS - World Series Baseball for the Sega Saturn was by far my favorite baseball game of all time.  I have not played Show yet (and probably won't, honestly) but now you guys have me reminiscing on the old days.  Might have to break that bad boy out again!

Looks decent. I assume they're going to work on the back catalog? Right now I can only see 2016 games. 
To pick up on this - if you go to Browse Games up on the nav bar, it looks like there are some games for 2015 and 2014, but nothing before then. 

PS - World Series Baseball for the Sega Saturn was by far my favorite baseball game of all time.  I have not played Show yet (and probably won't, honestly) but now you guys have me reminiscing on the old days.  Might have to break that bad boy out again!
Yep.  I had the japAnese version that the US game was built off of

My top console baseball games ever:

1) MLB The Show 16 (and 15,14,13,12 and 11)

2) EA MVP Baseball 2005 (amazing game as well)

3) High Heat Baseball 2004

4) EA MVP NCAA Baseball 2006

5) Baseball Stars NES

6) Bases Loaded 2 NES

7) All-Star Baseball 2005

8) World Series Baseball Sega Genesis

9) Tony LaRussa Baseball Sega Genesis

10) Hardball 3 Sega Genesis

11) RBI 3 NES

I love Tommy Lasorda baseball. It is by no means the best baseball game ever, but the music takes me right back to 1989 and the nostalgia factor is just off the charts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my link.  I got this to work on my PC.

This came out I think 2 years before World Series.  We played the hell out of this LOL

https://picasaweb.google.com/109155151455425057515/GreatestNine?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ3BhMb9o-LXLg&feat=directlink

I always loved World Series Baseball but man the home runs were off the charts. The scores always ended up like 19-17. It got to the point with my friends that you had to choose "normal" swing everytime (power swing was off limits). Even then we would still a minimum of 4-5 homers a game. The Ron Gant / Fred McGriff combo averaged a few a game on their own. 

I got picked for the Battleborn closed beta. I'm not allowed to talk about it though.
Can you talk about it now that there was an open beta last weekend?  I'll never play the game, but my son is agonizing. We got the beta and downloaded it, but he only got a couple hours playing due to other commitments last week. My view from a very limited exposure is it will have very limited re-playability for him, but I guess its his money. I'm still not over the fact that we dropped over $100 on Lego Dimensions just last Christmas, and he's not played that game since February.

PC/Steam gamers.  If you do not already own Rocket League, or have never played the game, the game is free on Steam this weekend (beginning today).  No excuses.  Let's rock!

PC/Steam gamers.  If you do not already own Rocket League, or have never played the game, the game is free on Steam this weekend (beginning today).  No excuses.  Let's rock!
FYI, prepare for the next two weeks to be a blur of rocket awesomeness!

Went to a 7 year old birthday party and they rented one of those video game trucks. My son was playing call of duty. Ugh what do you do in those situations? Im very lenient with him. He plays games like super smash bros and watches  some pg13 movies but I didn't want him playing that game.

Went to a 7 year old birthday party and they rented one of those video game trucks. My son was playing call of duty. Ugh what do you do in those situations? Im very lenient with him. He plays games like super smash bros and watches  some pg13 movies but I didn't want him playing that game.
Yea IDk. It's tough to tell him no when he's already there. Did the parents not explain that would be there? I'd be annoyed if they didn't explain it but also why they thought everyone else was cool with their 7 year old playing a M rated game.

Yea IDk. It's tough to tell him no when he's already there. Did the parents not explain that would be there? I'd be annoyed if they didn't explain it but also why they thought everyone else was cool with their 7 year old playing a M rated game.
Doubt the parents knew. The guy who ran the truck only talked to the birthday boy parents and not all the kids played the same game. Other kids played madden and minecraft. Of course my kids friend played cod so my son wanted to as well. Love seeing him pick his gun and saying he's gonna kill someone. The guy running the truck was like oh theres only a little blood.

Ugh

Doubt the parents knew. The guy who ran the truck only talked to the birthday boy parents and not all the kids played the same game. Other kids played madden and minecraft. Of course my kids friend played cod so my son wanted to as well. Love seeing him pick his gun and saying he's gonna kill someone. The guy running the truck was like oh theres only a little blood.

Ugh
Yea that would annoy me. Especially if Minecraft was available. 

Anyone played Quantum Break? Looks good but is it just hype or actually a good game?
Its not bad. Its very cinematic at times, but if that doesn't bother you(I personally don't mind it) there is enough actual gameplay to it. The story is interesting, if somewhat nonsensical. 

I'd give it a B.

Rocket League Basketball is out. Honestly didn't find it that fun, but did have a buzzer beater in my 2nd game. 

I'm digging it.  It's a lot different than the other games IMO... bank shots like yours and longer shots are the only way to score consistently other than off the jumpball... people in general are kind of confused on how to score so it's easy to dominate or make huge comebacks (had a 4-0 or 5-1 one yesterday)

Terrible feeling when I go to install the new Hearthstone patch and I see that I have access to the Overwatch beta, so I check my battle.net account and apparently I've had it for a month.

FFS :rant:

Ugh
Would piss me off and my wife would be through the roof....a little more than ugh.

Oh, I'd have pulled him off of that.  And mentioned to the bday parents what they were being allowed to play.  I've never rented one of these things, but I'd think they'd have presented a list of games to the parents and had them pick what was allowed?  

I worry about what other people's kids watch on TV at my place; I'd be pretty paranoid about what they are allowed to see/play on one of these things.  

Got pulled back into playing Blood Bowl (original chaos/legend not II which is a joke).   Such a fun game.  Any FBGs play?  Would be fun to do a league or tourney.

I love the hoops mode.  It won't be all I want to play, but I love the diversity to the normal mode.  Hockey was too similar.  Now I want to see a paper football like mode for the beginning of football season.
I am hoping for a football mode as well. Maybe 2 goal areas, a FG that is "easy" worth 3pts and a TD area that is harder to hit that is worth 7. I'd even be ok with 6 + an uncontested extra point try.

Have to say, I know I will be in the minority here, but I think GTA V is awful. The controls are just way to touchy for me. I can't help but over control. Pair that with the fact the half the time I can't figure out WTH I am supposed to be doing or where I'm supposed to be going, and the game has just been a miserable experience for me. Unfortunately, since I received it as a gift, the Gamestop 7 day return period for used games was already up before I even sat through the hour and a half long download of the 21 updates. Only the second game I ever really deeply regretted buying, with the other being TWD, and that was simply because I can't play it due to the lack of axis invert.

I played one (my first ever console game I believe) while deployed on some other dude's console. The Vice City one or whatever. That was a LONG time ago. I'm just not a twitch guy any longer, and that is how this game feels to me. I do fine with stealth, puzzle solving, etc. But flying around 100 mph with an overly sensitive controller is just not for me. I simply suck at it. Also, I seem to spend a lot of time figuring out what to do. I go back and forth between characters and none of them show anything to do. I loved Far Cry, Uncharted, Last of Us, games like that. But this one, I just can't find any enjoyment in it at all. It's just total frustration and mission failure until the Skip option shows up. Needless to say, that isn't much fun.

GTA games aren't really known for their play control. As far as what to do, I think you need to select a mission or just drive around a bit and you'll get into something.  Usually there is a GPS line in your map telling you where to go next.

If you don't enjoy running around causing carnage and mayhem then it's safe to say the game isn't for you. 

If you don't enjoy running around causing carnage and mayhem then it's safe to say the game isn't for you. 
Yea, that's what I'm saying. Wish she had bought the game later so I would have had time to figure that out during the return period. It is a collector's edition, so perhaps I can recoup most, if not all, of what she paid using eBay.

I am hoping for a football mode as well. Maybe 2 goal areas, a FG that is "easy" worth 3pts and a TD area that is harder to hit that is worth 7. I'd even be ok with 6 + an uncontested extra point try.
In rocket league I hope they expand the season mode to include online opponents instead of just against AI. Get 16 people together and play a round robin x2 tournament would be awesome way to kill a afternoon.

Have to say, I know I will be in the minority here, but I think GTA V is awful. The controls are just way to touchy for me. I can't help but over control. Pair that with the fact the half the time I can't figure out WTH I am supposed to be doing or where I'm supposed to be going, and the game has just been a miserable experience for me. Unfortunately, since I received it as a gift, the Gamestop 7 day return period for used games was already up before I even sat through the hour and a half long download of the 21 updates. Only the second game I ever really deeply regretted buying, with the other being TWD, and that was simply because I can't play it due to the lack of axis invert.
Just wondering have you adjusted the sensitivities of the controls? I play games with low sensitive compared to most people and do quite well. If it's on normal or high its a nightmare for me.

Picked up Banner Saga 2 on launch last week. I'm a few hours in and I find it to be as fantastic as the first one. They've brought some new interesting hero and foe classes in that are refreshing. I'm still trying to figure out how to effectively use my berserker with my shield maiden in the same party.

Just wondering have you adjusted the sensitivities of the controls? I play games with low sensitive compared to most people and do quite well. If it's on normal or high its a nightmare for me.
Oh, you can do this? I missed that setting in the controls area. I'll go back and check it out. That would likely help me greatly. Thanks for the tip.

Been on an Assassin's Creed kick lately.  Started a run of ACIII after I got back from Boston in March and finished up ACIV last week.  Just started up ACII this morning and will certainly play through Brotherhood & Revelations.  They have flaws but I really love the depth of the story telling and the quality of the voice acting.

My rig can't handle Unity or Syndicate, I'm okay with that I never buy PC games until they go on sale anyway and by the time I get a new rig those should be available on sale pretty regularly.

The only one I have never played is the original.  I know the mechanics will be wonky by comparison particularly compared to III & IV but I can live with that so long as the story telling holds up.  Anyone have an opinion on the story for the original AC?

It's OK but isn't nearly as good as the story in AC2. I didn't mind the super repetitive gameplay so much at the time, since it was a fairly new genre, but I imagine it will feel very dated now. 

Nintendo with a new system out already. That was a pretty quick punt on the Wii. 
Wii was released in November of 2006. Wii U was released in November of 2012. Nintendo NX tentatively scheduled for March of 2017. Seems about normal. 

Wii was released in November of 2006. Wii U was released in November of 2012. Nintendo NX tentatively scheduled for March of 2017. Seems about normal. 
Didn't they say the Wii U was a 10 year system or was that one of the other ones? I would also say 4 full years for one system isn't really great at all. 

Users who are viewing this thread