What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

That game was a lot of fun.
I have the PS4 version and I just couldn't get into it. Between Preston and having to remember where you stash your salvage because you can barely carry  toothpick without it being too heavy, there was just too much monotony for me to really dig into it.

Still, I'll take the $10 credit.

Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher 3 is great.  CD Projekt Red really stamped their place with this game.  
So I'm late to the party but slowly working my way through the base game.  I'm in Novigrad doing the play after the Whoreson mission.  I'm loving the game - spent way too much time playing Gwent but I think the side game breaks things up nicely for me. Games this big tend to drag for me, but then I just play some Gwent and started moving along again. 

Downloading HoI IV now
I am really curious on the game. II was awesome- one of my all time favorites. Basically a Axis and Allies board game (which I loved as a kid) in video game fashion. A pretty good balance of being in depth but not too complex. I was excited when I saw III and bought it. That thing was horrible. The complexity was overwhelming even for someone like me who spent countless hours playing II. It was just very unwieldy and I just gave up on it after not playing much at all. I am curious if they learned their lesson and were able to get the same balance back in adding depth but not making it too complex that II seemed to have nailed.

Been playing the last 12 hours now?
No, but it's about to eat up my afternoon. Did the tutorial scenario last night along with reading and watching some beginner's guides. 

It seems a lot of people shared your opinion of III. From what I've read this isn't as complex as III, but I didn't play any of the earlier editions. My first Paradox game was EU4 a couple of years ago. My initial impression is that this won't be any more complex than that. Probably less so. Of course, I haven't actually tried a real game yet.

Anybody who is into FPS should check out H1Z1:King of the Kill  on PC... its still in early release for $20 bucks so its not exactly polished.. but its a ton of fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of you play War Thunder? How is it cuz I watch YouTube videos and masturbate til I'm sore but I just can't justify buying a PC that can run it for just one game but I feel like I'm missing out on the best game evah. 

Had a chance to play overwatch for a few hours last night. Definetly liked it. It's fun and not nearly as twitch reliant (which would be a problem for me, as I suck at shooters with a controller) as I thought it would be.

Only found a couple of heroes that I really liked but still a lot more to try 

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Do any of you play War Thunder? How is it cuz I watch YouTube videos and masturbate til I'm sore but I just can't justify buying a PC that can run it for just one game but I feel like I'm missing out on the best game evah. 
This is available on PS4. Free download with PS+.

Nobody talking about E3??

God of War looks incredible. 

Skyrim Remaster on consoles October 28, with mods!

New Spiderman game that looks pretty damn cool.

Lots of other stuff

Nobody talking about E3??

God of War looks incredible. 

Skyrim Remaster on consoles October 28, with mods!

New Spiderman game that looks pretty damn cool.

Lots of other stuff
Had never heard of it before, but We Happy Few looked pretty freaky/awesome. Felt very similar to the first time I saw a trailer for the first Bioshock.

Was excited to see a Dead Rising 4 announcement, was one of the few Xbox One launch titles I really liked. Hoping Resident Evil 7 is a hell of a lot better than 6 was, and while I have not been the slightest bit interested in VR, a RE game similar to the earlier games might actually tempt me to use/buy a VR set.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, how excited should I be about Skyrim Remastered?
How many times have you played the original?  I'd be super excited if I'd only played it once or not at all.  I've played through probably 5 or 6 times using both console and computer.  I'm probably not buying it as if I play the game again I'm not going to waste time crafting and instead just cheat to get my gear using the cpu console commands.

I really can't decide.  I probably put in over 200 hours in 3 characters in Skyrim.  However, I really don't want to start it over.  Completely torn.
I loved the game and put a similar amount of time in back in the day. However, the downside of putting so much time in is that I have zero desire to ever play it again. 

I was playing it last week, now I'll stop in anticipation of October. Fallout 4 just didn't scratch the same itch, and neither do games like The Witcher 3 or DA:I. The Elder Scrolls games are a unique experience, and even though Skyrim dumbed down the formula a bit I still can't wait to play a better version of the game on PS4 with some smaller mods to mix things up.

I was playing it last week, now I'll stop in anticipation of October. Fallout 4 just didn't scratch the same itch, and neither do games like The Witcher 3 or DA:I. The Elder Scrolls games are a unique experience, and even though Skyrim dumbed down the formula a bit I still can't wait to play a better version of the game on PS4 with some smaller mods to mix things up.
Why do you think this?  I thought Skyrim was generally superior to the previous version.

Personally not really excited at all for a remastered version, I was on PC so I had modded my graphics pretty well.  This will probably still look "nicer" though no where near enough to get me to dive back in for another run-through at this point.  Maybe pick it up a couple years from now for like $10 on steam if I ever want to dive in again.

Big fan of remasters on old games that we've largely lost unless you are still holding onto an old system that can play it, this one is pretty meh to me.

I loved the game and put a similar amount of time in back in the day. However, the downside of putting so much time in is that I have zero desire to ever play it again. 
This is where I am at.  I played multiple characters on PC and put in 554 hours :bag:  according to Steam.  I was truly role playing, I was modding, I was doing it all but I just have no desire to jump back in ever again.

This is where I am at.  I played multiple characters on PC and put in 554 hours :bag:  according to Steam.  I was truly role playing, I was modding, I was doing it all but I just have no desire to jump back in ever again.
Yeah that's getting all you can out of a game. I am still not finished with my original character on the PS3 and will finish up the main story and the Brotherhood quest line....then I will wait for the remaster and start a fresh play through with a totally different approach and with mods on the PS4. All I have to do in the Thieves Guild is turn in the Skeleton key...which I will do once I know I am done adventuring on this play through. There were other quest lines I did not do like the Bards and Werewolf questlines. Also I never did any of the DLC for Skyrim so that will be cool on the remaster to do.

I have so many freaking games to finish.....I just popped in Red Dead Redemption again (40% done) and am finishing that this summer. What an amazing game. I forgot how awesome that one is. I still don't know why I put it down and never went back. 

Been on a PS3 kick again lately (playing through Deus Ex Human Revolution as well). needed a break from MLB The Show 16. Also Doom on PS4 is a jamming good time and I am almost done with the single player (then will trade it in as I only care for the single player mode on that one).

So Microsoft announced an Xbox One Slim coming out in August. UHD Blu ray and a slight upgrade to play movies in 4K. $300.

On top of that, in Q4 2017, the Xbox Scorpio comes out and it looks like a beast - several times more power than the xbox/ps4. At the same time, they said they are killing console generations, in that they will release newer upgraded consoles more frequently. Allowing consumers and devs to take advantage of better hardware, while still supporting all games already owned. 

So your game purchased in 2014 will run on a newer console purchased in 2022. And new games will also run on older models. To an extent. Like how Apple does it. At some point your really old ### console just won't be able to run the latest game.

Why do you think this?  I thought Skyrim was generally superior to the previous version.

Personally not really excited at all for a remastered version, I was on PC so I had modded my graphics pretty well.  This will probably still look "nicer" though no where near enough to get me to dive back in for another run-through at this point.  Maybe pick it up a couple years from now for like $10 on steam if I ever want to dive in again.

Big fan of remasters on old games that we've largely lost unless you are still holding onto an old system that can play it, this one is pretty meh to me.
There were a ton of things that Skyrim improved upon in comparison to earlier installments. It is a smooth, sexy game in comparison. Pretty streamlined though and it simplified a lot of the RPG elements from the previous games. But that's nitpicking, its a great game and I'm the one hyping up the PS4 Remaster version here lol. I just think it suffered in the storyline area compared to the older games, but in a game where you can be whoever you want and do whatever you want it isn't a big deal overall. 

Jobber said:
So Microsoft announced an Xbox One Slim coming out in August. UHD Blu ray and a slight upgrade to play movies in 4K. $300.

On top of that, in Q4 2017, the Xbox Scorpio comes out and it looks like a beast - several times more power than the xbox/ps4. At the same time, they said they are killing console generations, in that they will release newer upgraded consoles more frequently. Allowing consumers and devs to take advantage of better hardware, while still supporting all games already owned. 

So your game purchased in 2014 will run on a newer console purchased in 2022. And new games will also run on older models. To an extent. Like how Apple does it. At some point your really old ### console just won't be able to run the latest game.
I am in general agreement with this article: https://theringer.com/intervention-stop-ruining-console-games-with-pc-headaches-a636763cdedb#.k12vuj8kt

ConnSKINS26 said:
There were a ton of things that Skyrim improved upon in comparison to earlier installments. It is a smooth, sexy game in comparison. Pretty streamlined though and it simplified a lot of the RPG elements from the previous games. But that's nitpicking, its a great game and I'm the one hyping up the PS4 Remaster version here lol. I just think it suffered in the storyline area compared to the older games, but in a game where you can be whoever you want and do whatever you want it isn't a big deal overall. 
I'm in for Skyrim day 1. They are allowing mods, too. Which has really spiced up Fallout 4 for me. And before the PC master race checks in, there are things in this remaster that you cannot do or mod into the PC version.

ConnSKINS26 said:
Yeah, not arguing at all just curious, I'm actually the opposite of you in the story, this is one of the few RPG games I really felt "personally" sucked into the pro-Nord story.  Usually I'm not the most get myself into the story kinda guy and just pick whatever character I think has the best attributes, (always dark elf in the previous version for the fire immunity).  This time I decided to go Nord since it was in the homeland, and felt that pulled my character "me" into the story more.  Definitely didn't feel that in the last installation.

Meh. His two examples of the Witcher and Halo MCC were buggy regardless of hardware involed. That's a seperate issue entirely. Sony and MS are still custom, controlled hardware so you're not introducing all kinds of driver issues, user error, etc.
Adding hardware differentiation is only going to make all those issues substantially worse. 

Meh. His two examples of the Witcher and Halo MCC were buggy regardless of hardware involed. That's a seperate issue entirely. Sony and MS are still custom, controlled hardware so you're not introducing all kinds of driver issues, user error, etc.
Yeah, that guy sounds like a #####.  He's whining and blaming software companies ability to release unfinished games on "PC issues", and complaining that he's may have to spend money on new hardware because of the PC upgrade cycle...  Really?  He doesn't get into the fact at all that the TV market and technology are changing faster then before, and not being 4K with all this new 4K hype console mfg's were risking the other company going 4K without them, so they both had to do it.

I'm in for Skyrim day 1. They are allowing mods, too. Which has really spiced up Fallout 4 for me. And before the PC master race checks in, there are things in this remaster that you cannot do or mod into the PC version.
If I may interject here.  PC gets the remaster too.  And it's a free upgrade for us.   :bowtie:

As far as skyrim goes, after playing it to death a few years ago I'm not really excited to go through it again.  Just a money grab imo

I kind of don't understand replaying single player games, especially something like Skyrim. I'm playing the Witcher 3 right now and I've got the same problem as Skyrim... It's starting to bore me and I'm still on the first play through. How many times can you do "go from point A to point B, keep tapping button to kill monsters, search for loot, return to point A"?  It's so repetitive. Same thing with FO4.  One time through is cool because the world is fresh and there is a sense of exploration, but after that's done, what's the point?

I kind of don't understand replaying single player games, especially something like Skyrim. I'm playing the Witcher 3 right now and I've got the same problem as Skyrim... It's starting to bore me and I'm still on the first play through. How many times can you do "go from point A to point B, keep tapping button to kill monsters, search for loot, return to point A"?  It's so repetitive. Same thing with FO4.  One time through is cool because the world is fresh and there is a sense of exploration, but after that's done, what's the point?
I can only do it if the underlying story is well told.  IMO The Witcher 1&2 (haven't played 3 yet) and Mass Effect are some of the best story telling in the history of gaming (Assassin's Creed is quite good too but is uneven at times) and I played through both of those series twice after maybe a 2 year hiatus.  Skyrim's main story isn't up to that level but the world was so expansive that you could really get into the role playing aspect.  It had so much depth that you could play a bunch with one character, start a new one and still have a ton of unexplored world and story to adventure through.  However if you went full completionist with one character on your first playthrough then I see little reason to revisit it.

I like to make different choices and make different character builds but 2 time through is enough for me
The decisions don't really matter, though.  Let guy A live, let guy A die. Regardless of the choice, Guy A goes running off and you got to the same place you would regardless. 

Anyway to each their own.  I've just never been able to replay stuff - got too many things I want to play and little time to do it already. 

The decisions don't really matter, though.  Let guy A live, let guy A die. Regardless of the choice, Guy A goes running off and you got to the same place you would regardless. 

Anyway to each their own.  I've just never been able to replay stuff - got too many things I want to play and little time to do it already. 
Dead wrong.  Fallout 4 and witcher 3 give different game play based on your choices.  Endings, loot, characters, quests,etc

I've been playing a bunch of Overwatch still.  I have a group of guys I work with and a couple of the wive's we've been playing with.  We almost always have a near full group.  If anyone is ever on and wants to roll with us, feel free to join.  That is, if you don't mind when we do things like 6 Trollbjorns or 6 Mercys for a match occasionally.

I've been playing a bunch of Overwatch still.  I have a group of guys I work with and a couple of the wive's we've been playing with.  We almost always have a near full group.  If anyone is ever on and wants to roll with us, feel free to join.  That is, if you don't mind when we do things like 6 Trollbjorns or 6 Mercys for a match occasionally.
It is a great game. The last FPS that I logged any significant hours into was Quake 2. Overwatch is the first FPS that I have even purchased in 15 years.

Users who are viewing this thread