Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, WampusCat43 said:

Free Skyrim spinoff coming.  Trailer here.

Bought Skyrim super cheap on the PC just to do this one.

----

Also, to the gent to mentioned Dungeonmans:  Did you realize you mentioned this during the Steam sale?  That I have a wife and kids?  A job to hold?  An outside world to see?  If this is your opening salvo to world domination, well, it's working.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Lego game of thrones could be a thing, right?  I'd love that.

Depends on what content restraints they put on the writers. If it needs to be kid friendly, then probably not as good as could be. If it can be rated T at least, that might be interesting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2016 at 1:25 PM, Bucky86 said:

Is there a simple way to share clips of gameplay on PS4? I had an epic round on R6-Siege.

link to it?

 

Been playing and getting matched up with silvers and golds lately and getting absolutely worked. Think this is happening cause I'm high bronze.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sand said:

Bought Skyrim super cheap on the PC just to do this one.

----

Also, to the gent to mentioned Dungeonmans:  Did you realize you mentioned this during the Steam sale?  That I have a wife and kids?  A job to hold?  An outside world to see?  If this is your opening salvo to world domination, well, it's working.

 

Will you need a hefty rig to run this reasonably, or will a good 2 year old Lenovo laptop suffice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Master of Past and Present said:

Holy crap Rocket League is becoming just one game after another with trolls, arrogant, and/or miserable people.  I thought it was bad during season 2 but it seems a ton have started to play in season 3 to make it unbearable to play with randoms.  

Isn't this pretty much all of multiplayer gaming?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Master of Past and Present said:

Holy crap Rocket League is becoming just one game after another with trolls, arrogant, and/or miserable people.  I thought it was bad during season 2 but it seems a ton have started to play in season 3 to make it unbearable to play with randoms.  

This is why I avoid online gaming like the plague. I honestly have trouble understanding how anyone enjoys it? I'm guessing playing with groups of known friends. Because the average online random is just a horrible human being. I think the last game I tried online was Bioshock.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DallasDMac said:

This is why I avoid online gaming like the plague. I honestly have trouble understanding how anyone enjoys it? I'm guessing playing with groups of known friends. Because the average online random is just a horrible human being. I think the last game I tried online was Bioshock.

I play with the volume off and listen to podcasts. Basically the same way I would play a sports game. Unless you are playing with friends or something like R6, there's really no need to listen. If you just pay attention you'll know where your team needs you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Master of Past and Present said:

Holy crap Rocket League is becoming just one game after another with trolls, arrogant, and/or miserable people.  I thought it was bad during season 2 but it seems a ton have started to play in season 3 to make it unbearable to play with randoms.  

I've gotten to the point where I nearly always automatically mute everyone but myself and my party-mates.    Nothing worse than having the lowest scoring guy yell at you for missing a shot when you're leading the team with a friggin' hat-trick and he's not doing anything but whining.

Edited by SlaX
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, James Daulton said:

Will you need a hefty rig to run this reasonably, or will a good 2 year old Lenovo laptop suffice?

Skyrim?  No idea.  I'm just hoping it works.

For Dungeonmans anything will do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Remastered Bioshock collection with all three games and all DLCs coming out on PS4 in September. :pickle:

Will be awesome even with the inclusion of Infinite.

Infinite's awesome.  A great story that barely comes second to the original.  It's Bioshock 2 that's the weak one, but it's worth playing for more lore from Rapture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Remastered Bioshock collection with all three games and all DLCs coming out on PS4 in September. :pickle:

Will be awesome even with the inclusion of Infinite.

I played Infinite but not the others. How good are the first two? Also, I'm assuming that the last one has nothing to do with the first two, as far as story?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Borden said:

I played Infinite but not the others. How good are the first two? Also, I'm assuming that the last one has nothing to do with the first two, as far as story?

IMO The first one is one of the best games ever. Top 5 for me.

#2 was more of the same but not quite as engaging.

Played Infinite twice and had almost no fun either time. Will probably give it another go b with the rerelease since the Burial at Sea DLC was supposed to be good.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Borden said:

I played Infinite but not the others. How good are the first two? Also, I'm assuming that the last one has nothing to do with the first two, as far as story?

Run don't walk and pick up a copy of 1 asap. I am sure there are some that didn't like it, but it is widely regarded as one of the best games of all time, you'll see it on tons of top lists. Bioshock 2 really felt like just a huge DLC to be honest, but its a lot of fun to play and revisit the world of Rapture.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Run don't walk and pick up a copy of 1 asap. I am sure there are some that didn't like it, but it is widely regarded as one of the best games of all time, you'll see it on tons of top lists. Bioshock 2 really felt like just a huge DLC to be honest, but its a lot of fun to play and revisit the world of Rapture.

:goodposting:

What he said. Bioshock is an excellent game that did nice job of blending RPG and a FPS, with a great story and atmosphere as well. Top tier game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

Playing games vs people is generally more entertaining and gives games better replay value than just playing computers. So you just develop a thick skin. Also, a lot of games give the ability to blacklist people or just turn off/mute chat.

It is why I will only play online with people I know.

 

GTA V is amazing. I am in a really tight knit crew and we are having a hoot of a time.

Battlefield is also like that with deidcated servers and squads with people you know.

Sports games online are a joke. Unless it is a league with people I know (playing sim style)...forget it. I have no time playing randoms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Borden said:

I played Infinite but not the others. How good are the first two? Also, I'm assuming that the last one has nothing to do with the first two, as far as story?

Another vote for the original. One of the great single player FPS of all time. A classic. 2 and 3.....meh. But the first one? FPS gold standard along with Wolfenstein The New Order.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Todem said:

It is why I will only play online with people I know.

 

GTA V is amazing. I am in a really tight knit crew and we are having a hoot of a time.

Battlefield is also like that with deidcated servers and squads with people you know.

Sports games online are a joke. Unless it is a league with people I know (playing sim style)...forget it. I have no time playing randoms. 

The bolded cracked me up... I've been sitting here giggling for two minutes now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Borden said:

I played Infinite but not the others. How good are the first two? Also, I'm assuming that the last one has nothing to do with the first two, as far as story?

If you play Burial at Sea, it ties the first game with the second.  But play the original first.  As others have stated, it's one of the best games and I love the story.  Infinite was a game that I didn't really care too much for during the first playthrough, but I've played it 2 other times since and it has been better each time.  It's a game that once you know the story, you start catching so many things that you missed the first time.

Edited by SlaX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rocket League is pretty different though amongst online games, even online sports games cause it really does take teamwork and as far as online games, is by far the most legitimately competitive game I've played. It's a really similar experience to real sports as far as teammork goes, and I understand why tempers flare so quickly in that community.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

Rocket League is pretty different though amongst online games, even online sports games cause it really does take teamwork and as far as online games, is by far the most legitimately competitive game I've played. It's a really similar experience to real sports as far as teammork goes, and I understand why tempers flare so quickly in that community.

The game that prompted me to post was one in which we were up 2-0, I had both goals, one off a good pass by the commenter but other was a pretty good play by me.  Also he had missed badly twice off pretty decent centerings of mine.  I miss off a good centering pass from him and all of a sudden it's 'teammate worthless.'  Guy on other team says 'Mine?'  And he says 'Mine'.  

More and more guys are saying crap if you just make one mistake even if not causing you to lose.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Master of Past and Present said:

The game that prompted me to post was one in which we were up 2-0, I had both goals, one off a good pass by the commenter but other was a pretty good play by me.  Also he had missed badly twice off pretty decent centerings of mine.  I miss off a good centering pass from him and all of a sudden it's 'teammate worthless.'  Guy on other team says 'Mine?'  And he says 'Mine'.  

More and more guys are saying crap if you just make one mistake even if not causing you to lose.  

 

Had a game last night where my two teammates literally had 0 points for the entire game - no clears, no centers, nothing.  They were on PS, so I couldn't complain to them, but I was cussing under my breath at them the whole game.  I was happy to only lose that one by 1.   I feel like matchmaking is really off since the last update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

IMO The first one is one of the best games ever. Top 5 for me.

#2 was more of the same but not quite as engaging.

Played Infinite twice and had almost no fun either time. Will probably give it another go b with the rerelease since the Burial at Sea DLC was supposed to be good.

First one got boring for me, never finished it. I own the second one but never cranked it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I finished my Mass Effect 3 play through and unintentionally found a new ending...

I wanted to destroy the reapers this time thorough, but I just couldn't do it, I like the Geth, probably more than the ####### quarians.  So ok, I'll play galactic kumbaya again, but I hate that smug brat AI, so before I do I'm going to shoot it, when is that not a good plan???  It did not approve, goodbye my cycle.  Lesson learned, don't shoot the bratty AI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Tick said:

Well I finished my Mass Effect 3 play through and unintentionally found a new ending...

I wanted to destroy the reapers this time thorough, but I just couldn't do it, I like the Geth, probably more than the ####### quarians.  So ok, I'll play galactic kumbaya again, but I hate that smug brat AI, so before I do I'm going to shoot it, when is that not a good plan???  It did not approve, goodbye my cycle.  Lesson learned, don't shoot the bratty AI.

A 30 min lesson but well worth it. 

This ending was added after the fury of the originals flared up. Angry Joe's 10 things wrong with ME3 ending video listed not being able to renegade interupt and shoot the kid as one of the annoying missteps they made. So along with fixing other plot holes, they threw in the refuse ending.  I thought it was a nice touch.

Edited by Insein
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

IMO The first one is one of the best games ever. Top 5 for me.

#2 was more of the same but not quite as engaging.

Played Infinite twice and had almost no fun either time. Will probably give it another go b with the rerelease since the Burial at Sea DLC was supposed to be good.

I never played the second.  I enjoyed the first, but actually loved Infinite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PSN is having a summer sale. Street Fighter V, Doom, A Taletale Collection seem to be the big names. 

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell will be one of this months games and Saints Row 4: Reelected (comes with all the DLC) is $5 during this Summer - Week 1 sale. These games aren't "good" games but they can be entertaining. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone play ARMA III - thinking of picked it up on the Steam sale for something new to hold me over till BF1. Also picking up Shadows of Mordor, heard good things about that game, but single player games often sit for a while (or I lose interest) so I tend to wait till they are really cheap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Anyone play ARMA III - thinking of picked it up on the Steam sale for something new to hold me over till BF1. Also picking up Shadows of Mordor, heard good things about that game, but single player games often sit for a while (or I lose interest) so I tend to wait till they are really cheap.

I couldn't get into Shadows of Mordor. I got swarmed by a pack then a "sniper" started picking me off with arrows. Trying to climb up to get the sniper was too clunky and annoying so I turned it off. This was in the first 15 minutes of the game. There's some interesting ideas in the game, like the Nemesis system, but I get too frustrated which games that I find difficult to move around in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Borden said:

I couldn't get into Shadows of Mordor. I got swarmed by a pack then a "sniper" started picking me off with arrows. Trying to climb up to get the sniper was too clunky and annoying so I turned it off. This was in the first 15 minutes of the game. There's some interesting ideas in the game, like the Nemesis system, but I get too frustrated which games that I find difficult to move around in. 

Have your played the Batman series? Mordor has the same type of combat system. Your hits have to be timed and not mashed.
You can dodge and jump over people to get to a less congested area of the fight.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2016 at 2:41 PM, Borden said:

PSN is having a summer sale. Street Fighter V, Doom, A Taletale Collection seem to be the big names. 

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell will be one of this months games and Saints Row 4: Reelected (comes with all the DLC) is $5 during this Summer - Week 1 sale. These games aren't "good" games but they can be entertaining. 

Anyone play The Fall? I seem to remember it getting some love. Only $3 on sale. 

Hoping SOMA goes on sale some day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...