Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

PS4: Tearaway Unfolded - $7.99 (60% off), God of War 3 - 7.99 - 60%, SOMA 11.99 - 60%

PS3/PS4: Amplitude - 7.99 - 60%

PS3/Vita/PSP: Misadventures of Tron Bonne - 1.49 - 75%, Suikoden 2 - 2.99 - 70%

PS3 - Suikoden 3 - 3.99 - 60% off

That's everything they have and they claim those are the best deals  

Edited by Borden

41 minutes ago, Apes with Guns said:

I just remember that I preordered No Man's Sky. I'm planning on taking August 9th off so I can play.

I hope I am not disappointed by this game. It's trying to fill so many boxes. 

I wouldn't hold your breath on August 9th. 

41 minutes ago, Apes with Guns said:

I just remember that I preordered No Man's Sky. I'm planning on taking August 9th off so I can play.

I hope I am not disappointed by this game. It's trying to fill so many boxes. 

I would lower your expectations. It's a smaller team with big aspersions. It's being built up, at least in my eyes, as a game that will be an influence on the future of games. It is the ultimate sandbox. Go anywhere, do anything, etc and all in a shared universe with other players.

Maybe I'm too jaded from the false promises of almost every game but I imagine there will be many things that come up short. It will be too difficult to be the first to discover things. Pirates/trolls will be everywhere. There will be bugs that throw off the balance of the game. Progression will be too slow. Basically, maintaining balance in the game seems impossible. And this is assuming they nail the technical side and the general enjoyment of the game. 

Playing 7 Days To Die with my son (local Co-op) and we are having a great time. A really unpolished alpha type game, but it will get updates frequently. It is a really fun game of crafting, tower defense and survival. He is a Mincraft and Unturned junkie so this is a great game we can both play together on my PS4 console.

https://youtu.be/_8fU2QG-lV0

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/07/youtube-syndicate-tmartn-csgo-lotto-scandal/

Tmartn and Syndicate set up their own "gambling site" and have many videos showing them win betting on and winning virtual skins which can be sold for money.  Pretty crazy.  Tmartn is really big youtuber always showing videos of his new cars, houses, and trips.  I wonder if this will be his downfall?  I can see a lot of lawsuits.

1 hour ago, LAUNCH said:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/07/youtube-syndicate-tmartn-csgo-lotto-scandal/

Tmartn and Syndicate set up their own "gambling site" and have many videos showing them win betting on and winning virtual skins which can be sold for money.  Pretty crazy.  Tmartn is really big youtuber always showing videos of his new cars, houses, and trips.  I wonder if this will be his downfall?  I can see a lot of lawsuits.

There's very few Youtubers I remotely enjoy and that's because most of them would soul their souls for a buck. I get that it's the dream to make YouTube videos of you doing stupid #### or playing video games for a living, but a lot of YouTubers seem to be lacking humility or reliability. 

1 hour ago, LAUNCH said:

Wow, that is terrible.  I'd like to hear from the Attorney thread on what these guys could end up facing because this is deceptive as hell.

Man, that's bad. Worse than the Daily Fantasy Sport stuff because they are targeting children and getting them hooked on gambling.

I had no idea this Counter Strike stuff was so huge. I had a friend a decade ago that used to actually travel every once in a while to tournaments for Unreal (he said his team was ranked top 10 at one point nationally) but he never made any serious money off of it. Of course this is before youtube, twitch all this other stuff that is common place now. Last week I stumbled onto TBS airing 3 hours of Counter Strike tournament coverage for E-league. And looking just now at the pictures, there are logo's for CS:GO all over that tv set.

19 hours ago, LAUNCH said:

I don't get it :oldguy:

2 minutes ago, Insein said:

Watching the FPS or 3PS tournaments bore me. Fighting tournaments or solo games are much more interesting IMO to watch.

I don't understand the allure of watching games. I was the oldest brother, I played and they watched. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I don't understand the allure of watching games. I was the oldest brother, I played and they watched. 

That's what you get only on a massive scale. It's mostly to check a game out and see if it's worth buying. Some to interact with the gamer while they play. Some just to have something on in the background.

2 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I watch games that I actually play to try to learn how better players do things.

I put on that CS:GO show because it's in a slot when everything else on TV sucks anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckna said:

Man, that's bad. Worse than the Daily Fantasy Sport stuff because they are targeting children and getting them hooked on gambling.

I had no idea this Counter Strike stuff was so huge. I had a friend a decade ago that used to actually travel every once in a while to tournaments for Unreal (he said his team was ranked top 10 at one point nationally) but he never made any serious money off of it. Of course this is before youtube, twitch all this other stuff that is common place now. Last week I stumbled onto TBS airing 3 hours of Counter Strike tournament coverage for E-league. And looking just now at the pictures, there are logo's for CS:GO all over that tv set.

I was only half paying attention, but I swear last night I saw a commercial for a show where they were going to go "behind the scenes" and get to know the personalities of the world's best CS gamers.

2 hours ago, belljr said:

I don't get it :oldguy:

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking

Isn’t it common knowledge that bloggers are paid to tout products or that if you click a link on a blogger’s site to buy a product, the blogger will get a commission?

No. Some bloggers who mention products in their posts have no connection to the marketers of those products – they don’t receive anything for their reviews or get a commission. They simply recommend those products to their readers because they believe in them. Moreover, the financial arrangements between some bloggers and advertisers may be apparent to industry insiders, but not to everyone else who reads a particular blog. Under the law, an act or practice is deceptive if it misleads “a significant minority” of consumers. Even if some readers are aware of these deals, many readers aren’t. That’s why disclosure is important.

I think the thing is bigger than an FTC issue, but that is at least part of the point.  These guys who have a lot of followers lead them to believe that they had just found this great new thing, when in reality they owned the site.  They made videos of them being excited when they "won" these items (which some can be sold for $4000 a piece), but the system was rigged because they had no chance in losing.  They own the servers, they own the programming.

Here is a video https://youtu.be/kC1tH7f441c where the idiot is doing a bet against "CSGOLottoBot".  The moron is not bright enough not to go up against one of his own bots.

https://youtu.be/51N4CL86zk4  Another video that explains the situation.

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

I don't understand the allure of watching games. 

I watch for 3 different reasons

1) I enjoy watching card games like Hearthstone similar to how I enjoy watching poker.  I enjoy watching the best players play their cards and compare what I would do in each situation to see where I can get better. 

2) I don't watch many action game videos because I can't learn any of the physical part of playing (hand eye, quick twitch etc), but I will watch a little when guys are reviewing their builds, in which I can learn a bunch in case I want to try something similar.

3) Just checking out games I may want to play to see what the game play is like.

If I broke up the amount I watch in %'s, 85% is #1, 10% is # 2 and 5% is # 3

Just got home and playing my Overwatch placement matches in PS4. 1-0 to start. Will update this post as things change. 

5-5*

MVP x3

Ended up at Level/Points 50

*Girlfriend knocked over the PS during the Play of the Game. Cost me a win. 

The game has lost balance. It's all about just pushing forward with McCree and 76. Tanks and support are almost useless. They don't do enough damage to kill either of the two I mentioned. The specials or ultimates just end up getting rotated through. I'd never been spawn trapped in this game until these competitive matches. It's pretty disappointing that it's basically turned into Call of Duty. 

Edited by Borden

5 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Sometimes I watch because I suck at the game and want to see how it's done. Sometimes I watch because the game is exclusive and I don't have the right hardware but still want to check out the game. For instance I watch ENB play Dark Souls cause I suck at it but I still want to check it out and see all the cool stuff. Lot less frustrating.

5 minutes ago, flysack said:

Any of you guys play Wasteland 2? I just heard about it the other day (I know, I'm out of things), and it sounds like a cool turn-based version of the Fallout franchise.

Thoughts?

It's good. If you like turn-based RPG's, it's well worth playing. 

Fallout was actually the spiritual successor to the first Wasteland.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flysack said:

Any of you guys play Wasteland 2? I just heard about it the other day (I know, I'm out of things), and it sounds like a cool turn-based version of the Fallout franchise.

Thoughts?

Yeah, Fallout and Fallout 2 was originally a turn-based game exactly like Wasteland 2.  As jwb said, Wasteland 2 is the spiritual successor to the originals.  

• Like 1

On July 7, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Borden said:

Just got home and playing my Overwatch placement matches in PS4. 1-0 to start. Will update this post as things change. 

5-5*

MVP x3

Ended up at Level/Points 50

*Girlfriend knocked over the PS during the Play of the Game. Cost me a win. 

The game has lost balance. It's all about just pushing forward with McCree and 76. Tanks and support are almost useless. They don't do enough damage to kill either of the two I mentioned. The specials or ultimates just end up getting rotated through. I'd never been spawn trapped in this game until these competitive matches. It's pretty disappointing that it's basically turned into Call of Duty. 

I'm going to have to scale back my complaints a bit after playing the ranked (not placement) matches. The problems, it seems, were mostly just because of the vast differences in skill levels. 

A cool thing that has started happening is that because the matches are longer groups of randoms are adjusting and coming together in the back half of games. In best of 5s, I've seen my team be down 0-2 and losing the 3rd then the team clicks and we end up winning 3-2. I've also been on the team that falls apart/isn't adjusting. 

Once I ended up settling into my actual rank (44-46) things got way better. Matches are long enough that teams can try things out and adjust if they aren't working. It's really fun. It seems like the game with in the game is more important. 

4 hours ago, mrip541 said:

I just walked out to the park and it was full of people playing Pokemon Go.

Yeah quite the rage. I just have to laugh at the adults although that may be unfair. Still the game was designed to get kids out of the house and not for adults. But as long as they are having a good time what the heck. In the end I guess it's no sillier than me trying to decide if Geralt should help kill a king or not.

• Like 2

Restarted FO4 two weeks ago.  I've put in 40+ hours since.  Never finished any story in the first go-arounds (~170 hours across two characters).  I probably will this time.  We'll see.

And then realized that I haven't participated in the FO4 thread since Day 1 and feel a bit weird about re-entering it after (I'm sure) everything has been discussed ad nauseam with the exception of future DLC on the horizon.

:nerd:

I think I'm kind of in a lull with games. I've lost steam and essentially quit Witcher 3. I'm losing steam and not really enjoying Ori at the moment. 

I more or less just enjoy playing The Master Chief Collection.  I've been reading in my spare time more than playing games. 

I've been twitching Everytime I play. Adds a little spice to it for now. Something about when you see the viewer count go up that gives me new energy. 

I beat Ori last night. Fantastic game. I'm 97% complete. Missed a few things the first time through in the frozen area and you can't go back once you're out. I might go back at some point. 

Next up is Doom! And still have to get rolling in GTA5. Fun game but i mess around way too much every time I sit down. 

Edited by Insein

Yea, summer is always slow for gaming. In Mid August Deus Ex and Madden drop, then Xcom2 comes to console early Sept. But until then, :tumbleweed:

I'm playing Dishonored again, can always tool around in Dark Souls 3, and have Saints Row 4 that I got cheap last week - should hold me over.

On 7/7/2016 at 8:04 PM, SlaX said:

Appears Evolve is going free-to-play on Steam.  Starting tomorrow, I think.  I never got it, but I'm willing to give it a shot.  

I really enjoyed it, it did eventually become monotonous to me and I didn't know enough people that actually played the game. it became not as fun with strangers

Edited by belljr

8 hours ago, Insein said:

I've been twitching Everytime I play. Adds a little spice to it for now. Something about when you see the viewer count go up that gives me new energy. 

I beat Ori last night. Fantastic game. I'm 97% complete. Missed a few things the first time through in the frozen area and you can't go back once you're out. I might go back at some point. 

Next up is Doom! And still have to get rolling in GTA5. Fun game but i mess around way too much every time I sit down. 

You will like doom.  Beat it on hell mode already.  It's short, but good

Edited by need2know
  • Like 1

Picked up Super Mega Baseball on that PSN sale for PS4.

My son has not stopped playing it since. We love it. He is in season mode and is playing on average 3-4 games in his season a day. I remember those days.

LOL.

Anway IMO the best arcade baseball game since NES Baseball Stars hands down. Outstanding and simple controls and addicting. 

16 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

I think I'm kind of in a lull with games. I've lost steam and essentially quit Witcher 3. I'm losing steam and not really enjoying Ori at the moment. 

I more or less just enjoy playing The Master Chief Collection.  I've been reading in my spare time more than playing games. 

I was totally in a lull. I had been trying to get into Alien Isolation. The atmosphere seems great but it's very slow. And I had the new Tomb Raider next on tap but over the last month I've played maybe 2 hours.

Then last night I finally bit the bullet and my friend and I split the cost of a digital copy of The Division. Only one session of gaming on it last night so far but this is exactly what I've been missing in my life. A strategic, co-op shooter. 

My friend and I love being able to enter the areas and talk about who goes where, how to get a flanking position on the enemy, etc The cover system is great. The area design is very solid, lots of spots to climb and shoot from cover if desired.

Highly recommend.

On July 12, 2016 at 11:24 PM, Insein said:

I beat Ori last night myself. 

I found it to be quite difficult. Like, I got more frustrated in the escape sequences than I even did in any of the dark Souls games.  I died nearly 500 times according to my stats.  Granted, a good number of those came due to having 1 health entering into the water tree escape so literally any hit from anything killed me, but that's a lot of dying. 

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

I beat Ori last night myself. 

I found it to be quite difficult. Like, I got more frustrated in the escape sequences than I even did in any of the dark Souls games.  I died nearly 500 times according to my stats.  Granted, a good number of those came due to having 1 health entering into the water tree escape so literally any hit from anything killed me, but that's a lot of dying. 

My final tally was 833 respawns. I went through 90% of the game with only 4 health circles. It wasn't till just before Mt Horu that I stopped to collect all the stuff. It's a lot easier to get when you have triple jump and all the moves.

5 minutes ago, Insein said:

My final tally was 833 respawns. I went through 90% of the game with only 4 health circles. It wasn't till just before Mt Horu that I stopped to collect all the stuff. It's a lot easier to get when you have triple jump and all the moves.

Man, I don't even think I got triple jump?  I looked in my stats on the pause screen and there's one ability missing I believe at the 9 o'clock position on the wheel. 

I did the ability to dash in the air though and that was a huge help. 

3 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Man, I don't even think I got triple jump?  I looked in my stats on the pause screen and there's one ability missing I believe at the 9 o'clock position on the wheel. 

I did the ability to dash in the air though and that was a huge help. 

Yea I maxed out the 2 outside ability trees. Defense and attack. The middle one is convenience and I'll probably get it next play through because it's an achievement but it didn't do much for me. Triple Jump is second to last in the defense tree.