What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (15 Viewers)

Anyone play that indie game Inside?  $20 for 5-7 hours of entertainment.  Don't think I've every played anything quite like it.
Yep. I enjoyed both Limbo and Inside. The puzzles all seem logical which I like. I do wish it was a little longer. 

Is the GT list updated?  Looking to get back into gaming with a PS4 and it is always better to play with a group FBG's. 

Any Metroid fans out there with xbone - do yourself a favor and go pickup Axiom Verge.  It's a throwback to Super Metroid. I just finished a play through and was very satisfied.  The game was a one man job, IIRC.  

The gameplay, graphics, and music all have Super Metroid tones, but it's used in a way that's refreshing and interesting rather than recycled.  A good storyline too.  Also pretty tough.  

Highly recommend.

Finished SOMA last night. Really liked the ending - struck just the right tone.

I'm not normally a fan of the horror type games but this had just the right amount and didn't get carried away. It's the really, really good sound design that adds a ton to the atmosphere. 

I give it a solid B+

Any Metroid fans out there with xbone - do yourself a favor and go pickup Axiom Verge.  It's a throwback to Super Metroid. I just finished a play through and was very satisfied.  The game was a one man job, IIRC.  

The gameplay, graphics, and music all have Super Metroid tones, but it's used in a way that's refreshing and interesting rather than recycled.  A good storyline too.  Also pretty tough.  

Highly recommend.
Price point?

I never played Fallout 4 last year.  It got down to $30 new, so it arrives tomorrow.  Guess I know what I'll be playing until Spring.  
If you don't care about achievements, there are some mods that are worth getting. Dynamic weathe, inventory stuff, settlement building stuff that won't have you pulling out your hair, etc...

If you don't care about achievements, there are some mods that are worth getting. Dynamic weathe, inventory stuff, settlement building stuff that won't have you pulling out your hair, etc...
I always like a non modded play through and then get into the mods. Likely grabbing Skyrim this weekend and can't wait.

Just as a review:

COD Infinite Warfare.  Actually have played probably 4 hours single player and 10 hours multiplayer since it came out.  

The single player campaign is actually pretty good so far and kind of reminds me of ME3 for some reason.  Not near as expansive but just reminds me of it.

Multiplayer absolutely sucks!  I have played online for every COD since MW2 and the only one I really disliked was Ghosts (didn't download the last 2 map packs even though I had the season pass)...which was made by infinity ward also.  Mechanics are not near as smooth as the last 2 CODs (AW and BO3), and the cheesy play factor seems to be encouraged.  Showing just a tiny part of your player while sniping is back, not sure about quick scoping.  Hit detection is horrible, the other players can literally just jump up and down behind cover and 1 shot you from halfway across the map.  I will grind through a little more leveling up, but doubt I will play this one very much longer...if this is the best they can do after 3 years of development the whole team should be looking for jobs.

Unless you are buying for campaign I would not recommend at all...unless you liked Ghosts, which most didn't.

ETA:  Another thing that is bad is the leveling system in this game...just doesn't make sense what is unlocked and when.  Also a UAV (for those that have played the game) is horribly overpowered and pretty much makes ghost a must since there are many maps that you don't really have a view of the sky so they are really hard to shoot down.  The whole game is very gimmicky and does not flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished SOMA last night. Really liked the ending - struck just the right tone.

I'm not normally a fan of the horror type games but this had just the right amount and didn't get carried away. It's the really, really good sound design that adds a ton to the atmosphere. 

I give it a solid B+
I am about a quarter of the way in SOMA. It is OK but at times it seems to not give good direction on where to go - like I am in this sunken ship and this entity keeps appearing and if she touches me I die - but I have no idea what I am supposed to do or why I am even in this abandoned ship.

I am about a quarter of the way in SOMA. It is OK but at times it seems to not give good direction on where to go - like I am in this sunken ship and this entity keeps appearing and if she touches me I die - but I have no idea what I am supposed to do or why I am even in this abandoned ship.
That's pretty much the idea. It's really a puzzle game that tells a story. Avoid the monsters is the puzzle.

Sometimes the idea is to stand still. Sometimes you need to get in the right room so they walk past. Sometimes you just need to move fast.

And the disorientation is intentional and part of the game.

Just as a review:

COD Infinite Warfare.  Actually have played probably 4 hours single player and 10 hours multiplayer since it came out.  

The single player campaign is actually pretty good so far and kind of reminds me of ME3 for some reason.  Not near as expansive but just reminds me of it.

Multiplayer absolutely sucks!  I have played online for every COD since MW2 and the only one I really disliked was Ghosts (didn't download the last 2 map packs even though I had the season pass)...which was made by infinity ward also.  Mechanics are not near as smooth as the last 2 CODs (AW and BO3), and the cheesy play factor seems to be encouraged.  Showing just a tiny part of your player while sniping is back, not sure about quick scoping.  Hit detection is horrible, the other players can literally just jump up and down behind cover and 1 shot you from halfway across the map.  I will grind through a little more leveling up, but doubt I will play this one very much longer...if this is the best they can do after 3 years of development the whole team should be looking for jobs.

Unless you are buying for campaign I would not recommend at all...unless you liked Ghosts, which most didn't.

ETA:  Another thing that is bad is the leveling system in this game...just doesn't make sense what is unlocked and when.  Also a UAV (for those that have played the game) is horribly overpowered and pretty much makes ghost a must since there are many maps that you don't really have a view of the sky so they are really hard to shoot down.  The whole game is very gimmicky and does not flow.
Thanks for the review.  Makes me feel better than I went with BF1 instead of COD this time around (I know they are somewhat different games but I don't have enough free time anymore to get into more than one FPS at a time).

@Frank Drebin and @Jobber

Have either of you played BF1? Also, TF2 looks to be a what CoD should've evolved to but didn't. As someone who is too slow and can see player outlines well in CoD, is this game worth picking up? I've watched a few videos of TF2 but all I see are these wall running super kids. 

Have either of you played BF1? Also, TF2 looks to be a what CoD should've evolved to but didn't. As someone who is too slow and can see player outlines well in CoD, is this game worth picking up? I've watched a few videos of TF2 but all I see are these wall running super kids. 
The wall running comes easy. They designed the game and most maps around fast traversal and verticality. And the campaign preps you really well in that you will be able to step right into the multiplayer and have a really satisfying experience.

In multiplayer, the enemy pilots (people, not AI) are outlined in red making them really easy to see. 

The wall running comes easy. They designed the game and most maps around fast traversal and verticality. And the campaign preps you really well in that you will be able to step right into the multiplayer and have a really satisfying experience.

In multiplayer, the enemy pilots (people, not AI) are outlined in red making them really easy to see. 
Sold! Don't get home until Sunday afternoon. I will pick it up then. 

Jobber nailed it here. I am typically horrible at twitchy shooters, but the controls on this are so smooth, I never feel like I can't hold my own. I tried the beta for COD:IW and hated every second of it. I think in the hour or so I put into it, I got maybe 3 kills.  The TF2 campaign does do a great job of getting you familiar with everything the game can do. If you get it, I'm WHFiveOH on XB1.

Jobber nailed it here. I am typically horrible at twitchy shooters, but the controls on this are so smooth, I never feel like I can't hold my own. I tried the beta for COD:IW and hated every second of it. I think in the hour or so I put into it, I got maybe 3 kills.  The TF2 campaign does do a great job of getting you familiar with everything the game can do. If you get it, I'm WHFiveOH on XB1.
I did the same thing with the new CoD beta. Completely answered what I was worried about. 

Unfortunately, I'm on PS4. 

Titanfall 2 code for access to coliseum mode and titan nose art if anyone wants to use it, FCFS:  4PVX-DJA9-KPW7-64MD.

Ok, I thought the idea of twitch was kind of stupid for a long time.  I'm the big brother, I never watched someone play. I played and they got the ####ty mad Katz controller or watched me. 

Anyway, started using it to preview games I want to try. The one I really wish was on XB1 is the H1Z1 game. I'm not sure what it even stands for, but basically last man standing. I wish they had that mode for GTA5 because the map would be perfect for it. 

shadyridr said:
Anybody get Dishonored 2? Looks amazing
My wife started playing it but never played 1.  She said the tutorial is lacking and there's a lot of stuff that makes it hard at first but she's having a blast.  I'll probably play it this weekend.

Ok, I thought the idea of twitch was kind of stupid for a long time.  I'm the big brother, I never watched someone play. I played and they got the ####ty mad Katz controller or watched me. 

Anyway, started using it to preview games I want to try. The one I really wish was on XB1 is the H1Z1 game. I'm not sure what it even stands for, but basically last man standing. I wish they had that mode for GTA5 because the map would be perfect for it. 
That's what I use Twitch for. I can't stand the "personalities" of the hosts. They are like overconfident GameStop employees who've been encouraged to share every single thought and emotion. I want to strangle most of them.

Great for previewing games though. 

That's what I use Twitch for. I can't stand the "personalities" of the hosts. They are like overconfident GameStop employees who've been encouraged to share every single thought and emotion. I want to strangle most of them.

Great for previewing games though. 
Some guys (and girls) are awesome to watch.  I only follow friends or people whose personalities keep me entertained.  It's also a reason I'd never consider streaming.  I'm not interesting enough to keep people entertained.

Some guys (and girls) are awesome to watch.  I only follow friends or people whose personalities keep me entertained.  It's also a reason I'd never consider streaming.  I'm not interesting enough to keep people entertained.
I watch Epicnamebro, LoboJR and a few small streamers.  I find myself watching twitch more than TV now days.

just got an email that watch dogs 2 is out.....wasn't a huge fan of the first one....what are y'all thinking on 2...

just got an email that watch dogs 2 is out.....wasn't a huge fan of the first one....what are y'all thinking on 2...
Eh, I wanted to love the first one...  I didn't even really enjoy it.  

I'll wait for a bit for reviews and watch some gameplay on Twitch before I decide, but I'm pretty solidly 'no' as well.  

If it comes with oral, will definitely consider.

Titanfall 2 is pretty good. Here's my speed review. 

Story/Campaign: Not the most cohesive or engaging plot arc. The story feels like it's rushed but there's a lot more going on. It does have some good dark humour though. Also, it gets an A+ for the game mechanic after you find Anderson. There's a grandiose scenes/parts that I liked. 

MP: Fast, fun and the guns feel great. WAY better than CoD. Out "CoD's" Call of Duty, IMO (if that makes sense). The objective is worthless in this game though. I don't even realize what the score is half the time. 

Conclusion: Based off of what I played of the CoD beta and all the other shooters, if you want the fast paced (yet still fun for us old dogs) this is the game. 

I this it's safe to say that this is the best time for shooters. And Call of Duty has officially been dethroned. Titanfall 2 is flat out better in the fast paced shooter market. Battlefield 1 (sans the server issues) is the best at the epic/large scale shooter. Overwatch is the best objective based/"not just shooting" game. R6:Seige  is the best tactical shooter. Technically it's a 2015 game but it released in December of last year. 

The one thing that CoD might still have going for it, is that it that it comes with a lot. This years has (from what I hear) a really good campaign, it's usual fairly robust MP, zombie mode and also a remastered and pretty much complete Modern Warfare. 

That's a lot of "value" but it's quantity over quality. I don't like that the original Titanfall, Overwatch and Seige all charged full price but didn't have a campaign and BF1 has been having some terrible server issues, but I think this competition is/will be driving better practices. Free map packs, modes, skins, better servers, etc. Paying for cosmetics I'm 100% good with but drop packs and "sponsors"/ads in game and season passes of unknown content are gross. 

Just my thoughts. 

I this it's safe to say that this is the best time for shooters. And Call of Duty has officially been dethroned. Titanfall 2 is flat out better in the fast paced shooter market. Battlefield 1 (sans the server issues) is the best at the epic/large scale shooter. Overwatch is the best objective based/"not just shooting" game. R6:Seige  is the best tactical shooter. Technically it's a 2015 game but it released in December of last year. 

The one thing that CoD might still have going for it, is that it that it comes with a lot. This years has (from what I hear) a really good campaign, it's usual fairly robust MP, zombie mode and also a remastered and pretty much complete Modern Warfare. 

That's a lot of "value" but it's quantity over quality. I don't like that the original Titanfall, Overwatch and Seige all charged full price but didn't have a campaign and BF1 has been having some terrible server issues, but I think this competition is/will be driving better practices. Free map packs, modes, skins, better servers, etc. Paying for cosmetics I'm 100% good with but drop packs and "sponsors"/ads in game and season passes of unknown content are gross. 

Just my thoughts. 
Rainbow 6 siege basically got me through this year and I'm a huge battlefield fan at the moment. I'm thinking Titanfall2 for Christmas, but I'm not sure fast paced is my forte anymore. 

I actually had curtailed my shooter game playing until Siege brought me back. It allowed me to play smart instead of fast which helped me stay competitive.  I'll finish this season in the Gold division which is a lot of fun. 

Last edited by a moderator:
With the addition of Clubs to Xbox One in the latest update, I created an official Footballguys group.   Some of you who I'm friends with may have already received invites.  It's currently open for anyone to join, so feel free to join.    I wish the Xbox allowed for custom gamer pics, because I couldn't find one that I liked for the group.  I just have generic helmet right now.  If anyone has better suggestions, I'll change it.

With the addition of Clubs to Xbox One in the latest update, I created an official Footballguys group.   Some of you who I'm friends with may have already received invites.  It's currently open for anyone to join, so feel free to join.    I wish the Xbox allowed for custom gamer pics, because I couldn't find one that I liked for the group.  I just have generic helmet right now.  If anyone has better suggestions, I'll change it.
Guerilla Gunner reporting. 

Dishonored 2 is worth every penny of the $60. I am enjoying the hell out of it. So many ways to do the same mission. 

I am not usually that enthusiastic about buying a game full price but in this game I made an exception.  
Good to hear.  I was really hoping the sequel would deliver.  The gameplay and general art style of the original were both superb.

Rainbow 6 siege basically got me through this year and I'm a huge battlefield fan at the moment. I'm thinking Titanfall2 for Christmas, but I'm not sure fast paced is my forte anymore. 

I actually had curtailed my shooter game playing until Siege brought me back. It allowed me to play smart instead of fast which helped me stay competitive.  I'll finish this season in the Gold division which is a lot of fun. 
Siege is an excellent game. My problem was that I felt I was bad and in that game I felt so bad when I died or held down the "wrong" spot, that I drifted away. The game also required my full attention which I can always give. In theory, this game is pretty close to exactly what I thought I wanted though. 

You said that you were still going to try out Titanfall. I think you'll enjoy it. Map awareness and thinking about routes (yours and the enemies) so far seem to be more important than twitch shooting skills. I'd say 90% of the I realize that I made a mistake when I get killed. As compared to CoD where 90% of the time me dying is followed by "WTF". 

Also, you'll see in this thread that if it wasn't for server issues I'd still be singing BF1 praises. And that I felt to old, slow and blind to play Call of Duty anymore. So, I think we are probably pretty close to being on the same page for shooters and I think you'll like Titanfall 2. If you see Overwatch on sale maybe pick that up. It has some flaws but it's a nice change up to military shooters. 

Users who are viewing this thread