Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Xbox live sales for this week includes  Mordheim: City of the Dammed for $16. 

And the Divinity for $15 

I couldn't be more excited for Mordheim.  I already bought it and downloaded it so I can play when I get off work today. 

Is the divinity  any good?

i'm driving and using voice to text so excuse the awful posting

I am really enjoying Divinity.  I don't typically like turn based RPG's but this one is so well made and thought out it is really fun.  It is not considered fully open world but it feels it.

For example I am just wandering around right now exploring.  Found a cemetery, noticed some loose dirt, started digging and uncovered a fun subterranean passage to explore.  while in the passage I found exits that allowed me to get into other parts of the map I previously thought the game just did not have as playable portions.

I love things like that.

be forewarned though, this is not an action RPG like Diablo or Path of Exile. Much more exploring involved.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 1

Being on the cutting edge of gaming, I've decided to buy Resident Evil 4 on sale for $10.  I remember trying it on the GameCube a lonnnng time ago and not caring for it, but I did enjoy RE1, 2, and Code Veronica back in the day.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and will give it a fair shake even though I'm positive the controls will irk me. 

3 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Being on the cutting edge of gaming, I've decided to buy Resident Evil 4 on sale for $10.  I remember trying it on the GameCube a lonnnng time ago and not caring for it, but I did enjoy RE1, 2, and Code Veronica back in the day.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and will give it a fair shake even though I'm positive the controls will irk me. 

My favorite game ever

21 hours ago, Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

thats where my issue is. I would try to DL a game and it would take 6+ hours. On xbox it would take 5-20 minutes 

Well I thought I had this fixed but maybe not.  Had to download a 1GB update to FIFA17 last night.  Took over 30 minutes.  For 1GB!  That's rediculous!  

Of course FIFA 17 is immensely popular and it was the evening of the update release, so I'm going to assume EA's ####ty servers are to blame.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Well I thought I had this fixed but maybe not.  Had to download a 1GB update to FIFA17 last night.  Took over 30 minutes.  For 1GB!  That's rediculous!  

Of course FIFA 17 is immensely popular and it was the evening of the update release, so I'm going to assume EA's ####ty servers are to blame.  

Link

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Good luck 

One of the first parts in the town is one of the most challenging parts.  Right in the beginning of the game too.

I am an addict. I never expected to be into a game like this but I am all about Stardew Valley.  It has crept into my personal life in that my wife now asks if we are going to watch netflix or do I need to get some farming done. She even started watching it and asking about whats going on. Great $15 game, back to planting, its the first day of Summer in year two. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

I am an addict. I never expected to be into a game like this but I am all about Stardew Valley.  It has crept into my personal life in that my wife now asks if we are going to watch netflix or do I need to get some farming done. She even started watching it and asking about whats going on. Great $15 game, back to planting, its the first day of Summer in year two. 

Must resist 

• Like 3

Mordheim : City of the Damned. I'm in heaven! 

If you like turn based strategy games, which normally I don't, you'll love this. 

From a gameplay perspective it's basically xcom in a medieval setting. 

My warband, The Bloody Deficators, led by their leader, Donkey Puncher and his merry band of henchmen, I like men, Harold, Massa Shadowkilla, Noob, Shabba Ranks, and Skreet Skreet Skreet are now 4-0. 

Im staring to dabble in the upgrades. This is game is a little daughting at first but not nearly as hard as I've read about. Maybe I'm just lucky or the rat race are op but whatever. Im happy. 

I love this game. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Mordheim : City of the Damned. I'm in heaven! 

If you like turn based strategy games, which normally I don't, you'll love this. 

From a gameplay perspective it's basically xcom in a medieval setting. 

My warband, The Bloody Deficators, led by their leader, Donkey Puncher and his merry band of henchmen, I like men, Harold, Massa Shadowkilla, Noob, Shabba Ranks, and Skreet Skreet Skreet are now 4-0. 

Im staring to dabble in the upgrades. This is game is a little daughting at first but not nearly as hard as I've read about. Maybe I'm just lucky or the rat race are op but whatever. Im happy. 

I love this game. 

Doesn't this game have some pay to play system where you can only play like one scenario per day with your warband for free?

1 minute ago, Drifter said:

Doesn't this game have some pay to play system where you can only play like one scenario per day with your warband for free?

hmm, I have played this a little and don't recall anything like this.  It seems to be a purchase once type game (ignoring the DLC's) and play as much as you want.  

Maybe I did not play long enough.

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

In the game you have to pay your men and you can only play one senario each in-game day. 

There's the normal DLC add ons that are just playable races but as far as I know, no, you dont have to pay to play. 

Finally getting around to playing some of the games I bought during steam winter sale.  

Played through Lord of Shadow one, which I played before, was really good.  I never played the dlc for it though.  That was so hard it wasn't even fun.  Worst dlc ever.

Playing through Lord of Shadow 2.  It got very medicore reviews (to be kind) but I have enjoyed it so far.

On 3/20/2017 at 0:31 PM, Chaka said:

About an hour into Ryse Sone of Rome and I really like it so far. It is visually striking, the combat is interesting and tries to force one out of strict button mashing hack'n'slash (though I think you can get by with that too) and the story is fun even if it is not so original yet.

I am really enjoying this game.  They found a great balance between hack'n'slash/button mashing and Witcher 2 style elegant multi-faceted combat. You can totally button mash your way through, though not on the bosses, but you are rewarded for well timed finishing executions. The executions are a little QTEish, which doesn't work for everyone, but I think they really managed to deploy it in a really enjoyable way.

Visually it is stunning, very sharp and just interesting at all times.

The story overall story is good, definitely doesn't break any new ground on that front (pretty standard "You killed my family, prepare to die!" stuff), however the voice acting is some of the best I can recall in a long time. It's really top-notch.

Definitely worth it and I was disappointed to hear that Crytek is now operating as a Free-to-Play studio and not really in the development game anymore. They still hold the rights to Ryse, even though they are not developing but Microsoft may make a play (they got into a fight over ownership when discussing a sequel to Ryse) and if they do I would absolutely purchase a sequel.

25 minutes ago, Chaka said:

I am really enjoying this game.  They found a great balance between hack'n'slash/button mashing and Witcher 2 style elegant multi-faceted combat. You can totally button mash your way through, though not on the bosses, but you are rewarded for well timed finishing executions. The executions are a little QTEish, which doesn't work for everyone, but I think they really managed to deploy it in a really enjoyable way.

Visually it is stunning, very sharp and just interesting at all times.

The story overall story is good, definitely doesn't break any new ground on that front (pretty standard "You killed my family, prepare to die!" stuff), however the voice acting is some of the best I can recall in a long time. It's really top-notch.

Definitely worth it and I was disappointed to hear that Crytek is now operating as a Free-to-Play studio and not really in the development game anymore. They still hold the rights to Ryse, even though they are not developing but Microsoft may make a play (they got into a fight over ownership when discussing a sequel to Ryse) and if they do I would absolutely purchase a sequel.

iirc, this was almost a "look at what this machine can do" launch release for XB1. 

This passed me by, and I forgot about it, but it can probably be had cheap used - i'll have to check it out sometime.

Just now, jwb said:

iirc, this was almost a "look at what this machine can do" launch release for XB1. 

This passed me by, and I forgot about it, but it can probably be had cheap used - i'll have to check it out sometime.

Yes.  I played the PC version, and it's a 2012 gaming laptop, so I can only imagine how great it would look on the Xbone.

One thing to note about Ryse, however, is that there are quite a few cut-scenes and a few of them are quite long.  They do a good job of NOT going Cut-scene-->20 seconds of movement-->Cut-scene that some games do (hello Assassin's Creed) but there were one or two that felt really long.  Interesting and very well acted but long.

On 3/21/2017 at 6:50 PM, bigmarc27 said:

I just played the PS4 (!) version a few months ago, and it still holds up extremely well.  What really makes this one of the best games of all time is how every single level is essentially a puzzle.  You can blast your way through a few of them -- you have to resort to blasting in some spots -- but the game greatly rewards you for knowing the level, knowing the enemy spawn points, abusing the environment, saving up grenades for particular encounters, etc.  

21 minutes ago, thecatch said:
26 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

Ryse Son of Rome is one of the free games with gold in April.

Nice - I was about to say it's a good buy at $5-10. Nothing to write home about but a bit of mindless and visually impressive fun. 

Yea, very nice. Will be sure to grab this.

I am looking for a game I can play with my son who is 11.  He has Xbox One and Xbox 360.  I tried playing Call of Duty with him but I hate it.  He got Battlefield 1 with the system for Christmas but has not played it yet.  Yesterday in Sams Club I saw a new Halo game is out, is that a game I can play with him taking out enemies together?

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I just played the PS4 (!) version a few months ago, and it still holds up extremely well.  What really makes this one of the best games of all time is how every single level is essentially a puzzle.  You can blast your way through a few of them -- you have to resort to blasting in some spots -- but the game greatly rewards you for knowing the level, knowing the enemy spawn points, abusing the environment, saving up grenades for particular encounters, etc.  

I spent about 30 mins the other day just playing around with the controls to try and get them in my muscle memory. I despise the controls, I really do. I also really want to play the game, so I'm just running around the first few spots and trying to get used to things, then I'll restart and play. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I am looking for a game I can play with my son who is 11.  He has Xbox One and Xbox 360.  I tried playing Call of Duty with him but I hate it.  He got Battlefield 1 with the system for Christmas but has not played it yet.  Yesterday in Sams Club I saw a new Halo game is out, is that a game I can play with him taking out enemies together?

I don't know about he Halo game but Destiny would work. I play it with my 9 year old.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

The newest Halo isn't a FPS. The most recent of the FPS-types, Halo 5, doesn't have couch-co-op (assuming that's what you meant by playing together). 

I would look at Halo Master Chief Collection if you haven't played 1/2/3. If he has a 360, ever play Army of Two? That's an excellent couch co-op game.

Edited by jwb
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, jwb said:

The newest Halo isn't a FPS. The most recent of the FPS-types, Halo 5, doesn't have couch-co-op (assuming that's what you meant by playing together). 

I would look at Halo Master Chief Collection if you haven't played 1/2/3. If he has a 360, ever play Army of Two? That's an excellent couch co-op game.

Yes, I meant playing co-op together.   Haven't tried Army of Two, may look at that.  Thanks for the suggestions. 

22 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

I don't know about he Halo game but Destiny would work. I play it with my 9 year old.  

Destiny has local co-op? I know it's a huge online co-op game, but local/couch/split screen? 

Edited by jwb

7 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Yes, I meant playing co-op together.   Haven't tried Army of Two, may look at that.  Thanks for the suggestions. 

Not many good couch co-op games anymore.  If you find any, let me know.  I'm always looking for something to play with my boys as well, but we've mainly been playing sports games due to the limited selection.

6 hours ago, fasteddie_21 said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn. Loving it. First non-Steam game I've bought since Skyrim. 

Having it on my 75" P75 Vizio w/HDR on is breathtaking. 

:thumbup: Been playing this a little bit at a time, hoping for some big blocks of time this weekend.  I have no idea what I'm doing, though kinda by design.  Been a really fun ride so far, and I think it might be the first game in a long time that I opt to play through a second time.  

49 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I spent about 30 mins the other day just playing around with the controls to try and get them in my muscle memory. I despise the controls, I really do. I also really want to play the game, so I'm just running around the first few spots and trying to get used to things, then I'll restart and play. 

Admittedly, it's a little irritating because it throws you into a difficult action sequence right off the bat.  I've beaten the game literally dozens of times, and I still generally can't get out of that very first house without taking damage.  

42 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

I haven't hear anything like this.  Maybe they'll set a date once Destiny 2 is released.

Oops, :D 

Im confused. I think I was thinking of those Disney mindcrafty games  come with an action figure that you plug into a base or something. 

4 hours ago, Thorn said:

:thumbup: Been playing this a little bit at a time, hoping for some big blocks of time this weekend.  I have no idea what I'm doing, though kinda by design.  Been a really fun ride so far, and I think it might be the first game in a long time that I opt to play through a second time.  

I'm getting pretty deep in to it, near the end I think. I love a game where I continue to play because the story has me hooked, even more than the game play. Just enjoying unwrapping the mystery that is Zero Dawn.

• Like 2

Mass Effect Andromeda is pretty much everything I ever hoped for so far. I always wanted more exploration and this has heaps of it. Not very far into the story though. I'm hoping that can match my  expectations.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, need2know said:

Finally getting around to playing some of the games I bought during steam winter sale.  

Played through Lord of Shadow one, which I played before, was really good.  I never played the dlc for it though.  That was so hard it wasn't even fun.  Worst dlc ever.

Playing through Lord of Shadow 2.  It got very medicore reviews (to be kind) but I have enjoyed it so far.

All I remember about Lord of shadows is that it was one of the harder games I've played in a long time. Like brutally, unfair difficult. 

17 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Portal 2 has incredible co-op.  Splitscreen too.  Plus you can find it for super cheap.  Plus it'll make you and your kid smarter and you don't have to kill mans to have fun (NTTAWWT).  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ren Ho3k said:

Portal 2 has incredible co-op.  Splitscreen too.  Plus you can find it for super cheap.  Plus it'll make you and your kid smarter and you don't have to kill mans to have fun (NTTAWWT).  

Loved that game so much. Really would like to see a new one of these come out. 

• Like 2

After playing some co-op with the @Bucky86 man last night I realized I may never finish Ghost Recon :lol:

I checked and I still have 17 "main" guys to complete and they consist of 3-5 missiosn each.   OUCH,

Although @Bucky  did get a zippy completion after I wiped out the base for him ;)

Edited by belljr

1 hour ago, Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

Loved that game so much. Really would like to see a new one of these come out. 

No doubt. It is very difficult for me to understand why Valve hasn't top shelfed a Portal 3 project. The audience would be huge (same for Half-Life 3).

• Like 2