What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

Pubg is alot of fun. It's not a complete game at the moment. Alot of bugs and still an unfinished product. Many games like this never get fully completed. I think I have already got my moneys worth though.

Finally finished RE7 -- it took me a while because I had a couple of weeks where I wasn't really able to play for one reason or another.  It's a really well-done game.  They did a nice job of bringing back a tense, survival horror feel, where there's really not all that much combat until the last third of the game or so.  (There are enemies earlier on for you to fight, but you can just dash around most of them).  "Normal" was pretty darn easy to be honest.  I'm looking forward to replaying it on hard.  

Finally finished the main story on Mass Effect Andromeda. It's a really good game. Story leaves a lot open though for a sequel or at least DLC. Hopefully we get some one day. 

Took me about 90 hrs according to my save but probably about 100+ or so based on redoing some parts to see the outcome. 

Overall I'd say it's a 9/10. You definitely get your money's worth for a Mass Effect game and a space exploration game in general. 

I am happy to be done though. As much as I liked it it took a lot longer than I expected. Time for some new and old stuff.

Replaying some old stuff on my pc.  Playing max Payne 3 again.  That was fun
I posted about MP3 earlier in the thread. I started it for the first time and thought it was very solid until I started getting a save error (PC) where it wouldn't log my progress from a certain point on. If I wanted to finish I had to literally do it in one session or I would just be sent back to the chapter the game save froze in. Restarted the entire game once (hit the same problem in a different chapter), reinstalled once, contacted RockStar customer service (they were as useful as t##s on a bull). Finally I walked away. It's really frustrating because it's a known issue and they never patched it.

Bottom line is even though I really enjoyed the game mechanics and story (cutscenes are really lengthy and/or frequent at times though) it will probably be my last RockStar purchase.

I posted about MP3 earlier in the thread. I started it for the first time and thought it was very solid until I started getting a save error (PC) where it wouldn't log my progress from a certain point on. If I wanted to finish I had to literally do it in one session or I would just be sent back to the chapter the game save froze in. Restarted the entire game once (hit the same problem in a different chapter), reinstalled once, contacted RockStar customer service (they were as useful as t##s on a bull). Finally I walked away. It's really frustrating because it's a known issue and they never patched it.

Bottom line is even though I really enjoyed the game mechanics and story (cutscenes are really lengthy and/or frequent at times though) it will probably be my last RockStar purchase.
Yeah the social club thing is wack.  I wanted to play this through again a few years ago and wasn't able to so just gave up.  Fired it up the other day with no problem.  It's a solid shooter though and worth a look if you like action.  Think GTA on steroids

Last edited by a moderator:
Pubg is alot of fun. It's not a complete game at the moment. Alot of bugs and still an unfinished product. Many games like this never get fully completed. I think I have already got my moneys worth though.
WIsh I could play. My computer is way outdated. I've been getting my fix by watching drDisrepect on twitch he's pretty entertaining

Picked up a copy of Earth Defense Force 4.1 for me and my brother to play co-op.  Fun, mindless, giant insect killing.  It's normally $50 but it's on Humble for $31 or so.  

I probably logged over 100 hours or so on EDF 2017.  They've added some new classes since then so that's kind of cool.  

https://youtu.be/WGFFh8rIrf4

Chaka said:

This seems like a hasty decision. The game came out 5 years ago. I played through Max Payne 3 and don't remember having this issue. That wasn't on PC though.

Plus, Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out this year.

Chaka said:

This seems like a hasty decision. The game came out 5 years ago. I played through Max Payne 3 and don't remember having this issue. That wasn't on PC though.

Plus, Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out this year.

Playing Prominence Poker. Free.

Anyone else playing any kind of poker game? Actually got hooked on Hold Em playing Watch Dogs but they were always 4 player tables.

I can't recall if the game was mentioned here or somewhere else, but I purchased Dead Cells on Steam a couple of days ago (it released last week).  And I give it a big thumbs up.  The basically a Castlevania-style game with rogue-like elements.  It feels very similar to Rogue Legacy, if any of you have played that one.  It's still in early-access, but it feels solid already and I can tell that I'm going to enjoy this one.  

I'll leave this link of a player review here.  It should give you an idea of what type of game it is:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE33KGy94yQ

I have gone cold turkey on Path of Exile so that when 3.0 comes out I can jump in fully refreshed.

But I am jonsing a bit for some ARPG play.  There is nothing left to do on Diablo 3 that is of any interest to me.

I have been taking a look at Grim Dawn.  I like what I see but was wondering if anyone has played this game?

I've been fighting the urge to replay games lately. I really want to replay FO New Vegas, Skyrim, and Dark Souls 2/3 for some reason. I've got The Witness and a few others ready to play untouched though. 

Also so I haven't booted a game in 3 weeks, so I'm spending more time thinking about playing than playing. 

I've been fighting the urge to replay games lately. I really want to replay FO New Vegas, Skyrim, and Dark Souls 2/3 for some reason. I've got The Witness and a few others ready to play untouched though. 

Also so I haven't booted a game in 3 weeks, so I'm spending more time thinking about playing than playing. 
New Vegas was so good

Apparently I'm too stupid to get through The Witness.  It's an enjoyable puzzle game but it's phenomenally difficult at a certain point.  GL 

Play the Witness first. Either you'll love it and be happy you played it or you'll go down the same path as me and right away say "I get what this game is about. It's cool but not for me."

Play the Witness first. Either you'll love it and be happy you played it or you'll go down the same path as me and right away say "I get what this game is about. It's cool but not for me."
I'm gonna finish Little Nightmares, then try the Witness. I loved Braid and I loved Myst, I'm hoping The Witness is a mix of the two. 

I'm not sure if anyone has brought it up yet but here's the opening paragraph of IGN's review of The Surge:

"Billing itself as a “Hardcore Action RPG,” developer Deck 13 assimilates the difficult and labyrinthine style of games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls, and adds its own unique flavor to deliver a challenging and fun - though a bit disjointed - sci-fi survival adventure."

I'm not if it's my cup of tea but I thought I would throw it out there. 

I'm not sure if anyone has brought it up yet but here's the opening paragraph of IGN's review of The Surge:

"Billing itself as a “Hardcore Action RPG,” developer Deck 13 assimilates the difficult and labyrinthine style of games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls, and adds its own unique flavor to deliver a challenging and fun - though a bit disjointed - sci-fi survival adventure."

I'm not if it's my cup of tea but I thought I would throw it out there. 
I took at look at some game play footage.  The description they give is a good one.

It has the look of Doom and similar type quests with the fighting style of Souls.

bcdjr1 said:
Sony has the Darksiders games remastered for the PS4 and bundled together for $20.

Are they any good?
I haven't finished them, but it's not too bad (I hear the second is better, but I haven't finished the first, so I haven't even started that one).  Action RPG game similar to God of War and the dungeons have puzzles that make it feel a little like a Zelda game.  One day I need to go back and finish it.   #TooManyGames

I haven't finished them, but it's not too bad (I hear the second is better, but I haven't finished the first, so I haven't even started that one).  Action RPG game similar to God of War and the dungeons have puzzles that make it feel a little like a Zelda game.  One day I need to go back and finish it.   #TooManyGames
Speaking of Too many games anyone in the Philly area, this expo is back.

http://toomanygames.com

Really love Horizon Zero Dawn. Easily my favorite non sports game this generation (since Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor).

Just a rich story and fascinating lore. A huge wide open world map. I am really loving the exploration and survival and combat mechanics. I should be finished with this one in the next 3-4 weeks as I have really gotten back into it after taking a 5 week hiatus (playing The Show 17 non stop).

Have a nice back log of games to play after this one.

Need to finish up FO4 as I am 60% through this one when I burned out. I want to get back into it. It is a great game.

Still have a great playthrough of Skyrim Remastered going as well, I love that game and love this new character build I am playing (Wood Elf Thief/Archer). 

In the que:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Dishonored 2

Valkyrie Chronicles Remastered

The Witcher 3

Between those 4 alone I will stay busy the remainder of the year. I have another 10-15 games easy between the PS3 and PS4 still to tackle. No more game purchases for 2017. Absolutely no more.

Glad to hear the positive feedback for horizon zero Dawn. Just ordered it and looking forward to taking a day off and jumping in to it. Loved far cry primal, tomb raider,  mass effect, seems like this game is a combination of all three.

does this game have its own thread? Or any tips on getting started

So I learned today that XCOM2 Ironman Mode is really code for XCOM2 ######## (Richard Cranium?) Mode. I crushed Veteran level so moved to Commander. Crushed it twice so figured it was time to try Ironman. Long story short, ran a mission where I missed TWELVE straight 50% or greater shots, a good third of which were 70% or more. Lost two of my 5 crew with the other three injured. But I pressed on with my backups on the next mission, a retaliation one. A 82% miss followed by a 90% miss ended in a Faceless taking one of his giant swaps and virtually squad wiping me. After several missions of this crap, that save got erased along with a few one fingered salutes and a couple of colorful adjectives. Wish I was a stats guy so I could have computed the odds on some of that crap.

I know this question is a little 2010, but is anyone playing Rock Band anymore?  I was somewhat surprised to see the latest release at Target the other day.  I didn't know they will still supporting this game.  I feel somewhat tempted to get back into the genre, but I'd have to start from scratch as my first go round was via the Wii.  Since it seems platforms won't be updating much anymore, I would jump back in with the XB1, which would reduce the issue of song storage capacity.

I might or might not have a mic stand in the basement collecting dust. :unsure:  

So I learned today that XCOM2 Ironman Mode is really code for XCOM2 ######## (Richard Cranium?) Mode. I crushed Veteran level so moved to Commander. Crushed it twice so figured it was time to try Ironman. Long story short, ran a mission where I missed TWELVE straight 50% or greater shots, a good third of which were 70% or more. Lost two of my 5 crew with the other three injured. But I pressed on with my backups on the next mission, a retaliation one. A 82% miss followed by a 90% miss ended in a Faceless taking one of his giant swaps and virtually squad wiping me. After several missions of this crap, that save got erased along with a few one fingered salutes and a couple of colorful adjectives. Wish I was a stats guy so I could have computed the odds on some of that crap.
Thats xcom....

Don't want to jinx it, but I'm like 3 or 4 missions away from my first perfect run (no soldier deaths) through classic ironman. 

I'm using the long war classes (8 base classes instead of 5) and increased the squad size by 2 ( so I can take one of each class on missions) as well as the mod that adds a bunch of different enemies and 1 or 2 additional enemies per pod. So it's not a true comparison to the base game but I did my best to balance it out. I've had a few very close calls but everyone keeps surviving.

It's just very tough to balance out the end game ( where your soldiers and gear are ridiculously overpowered) without making the early game impossibly hard. I waited until very late to trigger the alien leaders so I had good enough gear to survive them. The archon King took down my sniper but she went into bleed out mode rather than dying

5Rings said:
Glad to hear the positive feedback for horizon zero Dawn. Just ordered it and looking forward to taking a day off and jumping in to it. Loved far cry primal, tomb raider,  mass effect, seems like this game is a combination of all three.

You are going to love this game. If you are playing it on a PS4 Pro on a 4K HD tv.....dear lord.

Anyway, just jump into the game. The tutorial missions are great and you will pick it up easily. The game really get's going after about 7-10 hours. And once it get's going...it will not stop. Simply put, IMO it is the best game on the PS4 to date. Just awesome.

Have fun man!!!

I know this question is a little 2010, but is anyone playing Rock Band anymore?  I was somewhat surprised to see the latest release at Target the other day.  I didn't know they will still supporting this game.  I feel somewhat tempted to get back into the genre, but I'd have to start from scratch as my first go round was via the Wii.  Since it seems platforms won't be updating much anymore, I would jump back in with the XB1, which would reduce the issue of song storage capacity.

I might or might not have a mic stand in the basement collecting dust. :unsure:  
I gave away my first set a few years ago, but once my kids are old enough I'll probably look to pick this up again.

5Rings said:

You are going to love this game. If you are playing it on a PS4 Pro on a 4K HD tv.....dear lord.

Anyway, just jump into the game. The tutorial missions are great and you will pick it up easily. The game really get's going after about 7-10 hours. And once it get's going...it will not stop. Simply put, IMO it is the best game on the PS4 to date. Just awesome.

ave fun man!!!

Ok......so I went ahead and took inventory of all the games I have yet to play all the way through on both my PS3 and PS4.....this list is ridiculous and I am banning myself from purchasing any new games (other than Madden and The Show each year) until I am done. 

PS3:

Fallout New Vegas

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

Kingdom Of Amular

Bioshock 2

Bioshock 3

Castlevania Lord Of Shadows - started never completed

Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2

Red Dead Redemption - 70 hours invested but still never finished

South Park The Stick Of Truth

Port Royal 3

IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey

Blazing Angels 2 Secret Missions of WWII

Back To The Future Telltale

Yakuza 5

PS4

The Witcher 3

Bloodborne

Dishonored Definitive Edition 

Dishonored 2

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Mad Max

Batman Arkham Knight

The Evil Within

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag

Fallout 4 - 65% finished

Dark Souls 3

Outlast

Batman Telltale

Tales From The Borderlands Telltale

Game Of Thrones Telltale

The Wolf Among us Telltale

Life Is Strange

The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 3-5

Dragon Age 3 Inquisition - 45% completed

Valkyrie Chronicles Remastered

Hitman Season 1 

Metro Redux

Red Dead Revolver

Tropico 5

See my problem? I am a video game addict. I want to play and finish everyone of these titles before I purchase another game. So Give me a top 5 for each system to tackle.

I know The Witcher 3 will consume me......so maybe I need to save that one for after I tackle a bunch of these other RPG's and action RPG's first. I had started The Witcher 3 and loved it....but then realized I wanted a different build after I figured out what I was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread