What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (4 Viewers)

DeathSpank and DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue will both be half off starting Tuesday January 18 to 24 on XBox Live Arcade. It's a part of the EA half-off sale. The other items in the sale include:

•Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

•Dragon Age: Origins - The Golems of Amgarrak

•Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles

•Dragon Age: Origins - Witch Hunt

•Dragon Age: Origins - Leliana's Song

•Medal of Honor - Hot Zone Pack

•Battlefield 1943

•DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue

•DeathSpank

•RISK: Factions

•Madden NFL Arcade

•Hasbro Family Game Night: Battleship

•Hasbro Family Game Night: Scrabble

•Hasbro Family Game Night: Boggle

•NHL 3 on 3 Arcade

•MicroBot

•Madden NFL 11 Max Pack

•NCAA Football 11 - NCAA Power Pack

•Tiger 11 - Favorites Course Pack

•FIFA 11 - Live Season All Leagues

•Fight Night Round 4 - Champions Pack II

•NHL 11 - 20th Anniversary Bauer Boost Pack

I remember mentioning DeathSpank sometime last year before it was released, but it completely slipped my mind. Would have loved to have seen it in the Steam sale. But here it is for those of you/us with an XBox. It's a Diablo clone with a sense of humor, if you aren't familiar with it. I've heard it's worth it.

Yeah, so Bioshock 2 is fun. Thanks Tasker
:banned: I'm sure many other people here played it as well, it just took me a lot longer to get through it than it should've, so I was talking about it 9 months after everyone else.If you like Bioshock 2, you should check out the Minerva's Den DLC afterward....just basically an additional 5-10 hour single-player storyline. I enjoyed it a lot; I believe Madshot did as well.

:lmao: I'm sure many other people here played it as well, it just took me a lot longer to get through it than it should've, so I was talking about it 9 months after everyone else.If you like Bioshock 2, you should check out the Minerva's Den DLC afterward....just basically an additional 5-10 hour single-player storyline. I enjoyed it a lot; I believe Madshot did as well.
Yep, Minerva's Den was a great DLC.

:confused: I'm sure many other people here played it as well, it just took me a lot longer to get through it than it should've, so I was talking about it 9 months after everyone else.If you like Bioshock 2, you should check out the Minerva's Den DLC afterward....just basically an additional 5-10 hour single-player storyline. I enjoyed it a lot; I believe Madshot did as well.
Yep, Minerva's Den was a great DLC.
I'd like to play it. They won't release it on PC. :thumbdown: To devs & publishers: Either release a game on PC and support it completely or don't release it on PC at all.

DeathSpank and DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue will both be half off starting Tuesday January 18 to 24 on XBox Live Arcade. It's a part of the EA half-off sale. The other items in the sale include:•Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening•Dragon Age: Origins - The Golems of Amgarrak•Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles•Dragon Age: Origins - Witch Hunt•Dragon Age: Origins - Leliana's Song•Medal of Honor - Hot Zone Pack•Battlefield 1943•DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue•DeathSpank•RISK: Factions•Madden NFL Arcade•Hasbro Family Game Night: Battleship•Hasbro Family Game Night: Scrabble•Hasbro Family Game Night: Boggle•NHL 3 on 3 Arcade•MicroBot•Madden NFL 11 Max Pack•NCAA Football 11 - NCAA Power Pack•Tiger 11 - Favorites Course Pack•FIFA 11 - Live Season All Leagues•Fight Night Round 4 - Champions Pack II•NHL 11 - 20th Anniversary Bauer Boost PackI remember mentioning DeathSpank sometime last year before it was released, but it completely slipped my mind. Would have loved to have seen it in the Steam sale. But here it is for those of you/us with an XBox. It's a Diablo clone with a sense of humor, if you aren't familiar with it. I've heard it's worth it.
Deathspank was $2.49 a few days after Christmas. :thumbup: I just have too many other games to play.

I still need judges for these categories in the video game draft if anyone is interested.

Fifth Generation (1993-2001) - Nintendo 64, PlayStation, Game Boy Color, 3DO, Saturn, Jaguar, PC.

Racing

Fighter

Hack and Slash/Beat 'em Up

Thanks.

So can I get some recommendations for a few Xbox games? Looking for something that has a decent length (15 hours or more) Here is what I have liked and disliked so far:

Liked

Assassin's Creed (I, II and Brotherhood)

Batman AA

RDR

Disliked

Call of Duty

Demo of Dead Space 2

Demo of Left 4 Dead 2

Fable II

Dragon Age

Some of the ones I haven't liked (CoD, Dead Space) are simply because I can't aim for crap without an assistance system, I play CoD MW2 for ~5 hours and couldn't get past one of the first areas. I couldn't even make it through the Dead Space 2 demo after playing for ~1.5 hours. So yeah I suck at those type games. Fable and Dragon age are too much like true RPG for my tastes.

So can I get some recommendations for a few Xbox games? Looking for something that has a decent length (15 hours or more) Here is what I have liked and disliked so far:LikedAssassin's Creed (I, II and Brotherhood)Batman AARDRDislikedCall of DutyDemo of Dead Space 2Demo of Left 4 Dead 2Fable IIDragon Age Some of the ones I haven't liked (CoD, Dead Space) are simply because I can't aim for crap without an assistance system, I play CoD MW2 for ~5 hours and couldn't get past one of the first areas. I couldn't even make it through the Dead Space 2 demo after playing for ~1.5 hours. So yeah I suck at those type games. Fable and Dragon age are too much like true RPG for my tastes.
You might want to check out Mass Effect 2. Its very forgiving on the aiming and has 5 difficulty levels which range from crazy tough to you have try and die.

Madshot> can you tell me the differences (without spoilers) b/w ME1 and ME2? I literally only played like 5 minutes of ME1 (still have it, and might finish it at some point) and it didn't really feel like my thing.

Madshot> can you tell me the differences (without spoilers) b/w ME1 and ME2? I literally only played like 5 minutes of ME1 (still have it, and might finish it at some point) and it didn't really feel like my thing.
IMO, ME1 is a lot more driving around and shoot-em-up. It has a decent story, setting the stage with plot and characters. But ME2, while still having plenty of shooting action, is much more story driven and interesting.

IMO, ME1 is a lot more driving around and shoot-em-up. It has a decent story, setting the stage with plot and characters. But ME2, while still having plenty of shooting action, is much more story driven and interesting.
They also got rid of a lot of the RPG "grind" from ME1 and made it much more accessible to the shooter crowd.

They also got rid of a lot of the RPG "grind" from ME1 and made it much more accessible to the shooter crowd.
ME1 is a RPG/Shooter with a solid story that sets a nice base.ME2 is a Shooter/RPG(very minor) with a great story that expands on the previous game to a degree. If you never have played ME1 then you won't notice the choices that flow through both games because if you start a fresh ME2 game they make the choices automatically. But if you did play ME1 you'll encounter a good amount of moments that depend on what you picked ME1. ME2 RPG elements were taken away to open up for more money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grind? meh. They took away a very fun loot system, that is for sure. There are parts of ME1 and ME2 that were better in their own right. I wish they kept the loot system though.

goonsquad said:
Just a head's up, Amazon will be featuring all video game products in the Gold Box tomorrow, Tuesday 1/18.
Thanks. Last time they did this, I picked up the Gold Edition of Resident Evil 5 for $20. Still haven't played it, but I'm still pretty sure that's a good deal. :goodposting:

goonsquad said:
Just a head's up, Amazon will be featuring all video game products in the Gold Box tomorrow, Tuesday 1/18.
Thanks. Last time they did this, I picked up the Gold Edition of Resident Evil 5 for $20. Still haven't played it, but I'm still pretty sure that's a good deal. :lmao:
RE5 is a great co-op experience. I also thought it was pretty long for a survival horror game.

goonsquad said:
Looks like Force Unleashed 2, GTA IV, and the zombie Red Dead Redemption, plus some headsets and speaker systems.

goonsquad said:
Looks like Force Unleashed 2, GTA IV, and the zombie Red Dead Redemption, plus some headsets and speaker systems.
I wonder if it's just the Undead DLC or the whole game bundled with it? I never picked this up and for the right price, that might just entice me.

Mad Cow said:
Frank Drebin said:
Andy Dufresne said:
Worm said:
Grind? meh. They took away a very fun loot system, that is for sure. There are parts of ME1 and ME2 that were better in their own right. I wish they kept the loot system though.
That's a fair statement. I just get bored with RPG's after a while and while I probably gave up way too early on ME1, ME2 hooked me from the very beginning. I am planning on picking up ME1 again though and playing through both.

Just got done completing the first world in Little Big Planet 2 with my 4 year old. Looks like another kid friendly winner. Posted more in the PS3 thread.

Deal at Best Buy this week is pretty good, picked up LBP2, Mass Effect 2, and DeadRising2. I've got about 15 games to play now, don't need to buy anymore all year....just need some time to play them. Dang sales around Christmas.

For all you ME veterans.. I just started ME2 on the PS3 today... How many hours of my life do you guys think I will be wasting on this?

I am about halfway through Dragon Age Origins and it is by far one of my favorite games. I love that I can finish this and then hop right into DA2.

jamil said:
For all you ME veterans.. I just started ME2 on the PS3 today... How many hours of my life do you guys think I will be wasting on this?
If you get the DLC and do all the side quests and explore, easily 40+ hours.

jamil said:
If you get the DLC and do all the side quests and explore, easily 40+ hours.
Agreed - I played through several times last year :) and I think I ranged from 25 - 45 hours per playthrough.

Have to admit that I'm not that big a fan of Red Dead Redemption. I've given it a 8-10 tries since Christmas and I just don't find the gameplay all that compelling or interesting.

jamil said:
How is DC online treating you?

I remember hearing about the remake of Dungeon Keeper some time ago and then losing track, but the announcement of pre-sales for Dungeons on Steam sparked my interest again. I don't know too much about Kalypso, but Tropico 3 was a decent game. Anyway, I loved Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2 so hopefully they can revive this series.

Assuming reviews are moderately positive I will be getting it next month.

did they eliminate the "drive around a planet and shoot stuff" entirely?

I remember hearing about the remake of Dungeon Keeper some time ago and then losing track, but the announcement of pre-sales for Dungeons on Steam sparked my interest again. I don't know too much about Kalypso, but Tropico 3 was a decent game. Anyway, I loved Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2 so hopefully they can revive this series.Assuming reviews are moderately positive I will be getting it next month.
ya, Dungeon Keeper was a really fun game.

did they eliminate the "drive around a planet and shoot stuff" entirely?
No, but most of it is now side quest stuff that's outside the main storyline. And still not very fun.

guys, i was as big a Fable fan when the original came out.

I had rented Fable 2 from Gamefly and was bored to tears for the first hour playing as children and just going from point A to point B.

Is it worth trying Fable 2 again and then going to 3 or has the series gone in the tank since the original one?

I've had ME2 sitting around for two days now and still haven't had a chance to play a single second of the game yet. That should change tonight. Looking forward to this.

I've had ME2 sitting around for two days now and still haven't had a chance to play a single second of the game yet. That should change tonight. Looking forward to this.
The opening cinematic is just...awesome. :confused:
I am only now finishing my 1st playthrough. I always tend to the paragon, so might try to go back as a bad guy. I just have to do all quests that come my way, as well, which tends to make my playthroughs last a long time.

The opening cinematic is just...awesome. :confused:
I am only now finishing my 1st playthrough. I always tend to the paragon, so might try to go back as a bad guy. I just have to do all quests that come my way, as well, which tends to make my playthroughs last a long time.
I've read a little about this but I'm not 100% sure how this works. Is there an advantage to always being "good" or always being "bad," or can I just pick and choose based on the situation with no penalty? Some reviews make it sound like it's better to stick to one path consistently, while others have said it isn't that big a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread