What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

I'm all about online co-op.  Sorry, forgot to mention that.
Ahh I didn't realize you guys had two systems. Assumed you were looking for single-screen/split-screen co-op

Edit: oh my bad you weren't the original question asker looking for games for he and his wife haha. Got confused 

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply go to Youtube and watch some videos. Again....it is not for everyone. You create your own adventures and there is absolutely no hand holding.
I saw a couple very good vids out there.  My concern with MMOs (like so many others here) is the idiot factor.  Is it possible to avoid the jacklegs that want to do nothing but ruin your experience?

It seems like No Man's Sky is only a couple big updates away from actually being a good $20-30 game. I really wanna check it out (even knowing everything I know...don't judge me) but I'm going to wait for the big mystery update they are releasing in August and see what it is. 

It seems like No Man's Sky is only a couple big updates away from actually being a good $20-30 game. I really wanna check it out (even knowing everything I know...don't judge me) but I'm going to wait for the big mystery update they are releasing in August and see what it is. 
I read the update is called Hail Mary.

I saw a couple very good vids out there.  My concern with MMOs (like so many others here) is the idiot factor.  Is it possible to avoid the jacklegs that want to do nothing but ruin your experience?
I have not run into any thus far. Pirates are the ones that will stalk you if you have valuable cargo or a bounty on your head.

It’s truly a great community thus far and such a super cool game if your into space, flight simulation and creative role playing.

Pure geeking up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally getting around to playing some if the game I got during steam summer sale.

Resident evil 7 is as good as advertised.

Civ 6 is still like video game crack.  One more turn....

Don't do indy games much, but after finishing up Witcher 3 I decided to try some of the smaller stuff.  Had a good time figuring out Banished over the weekend, thought it was a fun little game.  Also started up Banner Saga, and I'm enjoying it also.

Having a new rig after six years is just mind boggling.  I never had a complaint with the resolution, frame rate whatever on my last rig, all that mattered is that the games played well.

But, wow, what a difference this new GPU makes.  I can play anything on Ultra-High settings and it is...stunning.

I had received The Witcher III, X-Com II & Andromeda as gifts over the last year or so but couldn't even come close to playing them until now.  I almost feel embarrassed by my good fortune right now to have those three to choose from, and it is a tough choice.

I'm starting off with Andromeda and it's been a little tough because I'm a compulsive leveler and a loot Hodor. I run every conversation until all options have been run through trying to pick up side quests and the like. Well after six hours of gameplay I only just left the Nexus and went to Eos to investigate some murder.  Even with the intro mission that was a long time between any sort of action.  Now the true size and scope of this game is starting to sink in (and I know it is the same, or worse, with The Witcher III).

Bottom line is I am going to have a full gaming slate for a loooooooooong time.

Having a new rig after six years is just mind boggling.  I never had a complaint with the resolution, frame rate whatever on my last rig, all that mattered is that the games played well.

But, wow, what a difference this new GPU makes.  I can play anything on Ultra-High settings and it is...stunning.

I had received The Witcher III, X-Com II & Andromeda as gifts over the last year or so but couldn't even come close to playing them until now.  I almost feel embarrassed by my good fortune right now to have those three to choose from, and it is a tough choice.

I'm starting off with Andromeda and it's been a little tough because I'm a compulsive leveler and a loot Hodor. I run every conversation until all options have been run through trying to pick up side quests and the like. Well after six hours of gameplay I only just left the Nexus and went to Eos to investigate some murder.  Even with the intro mission that was a long time between any sort of action.  Now the true size and scope of this game is starting to sink in (and I know it is the same, or worse, with The Witcher III).

Bottom line is I am going to have a full gaming slate for a loooooooooong time.
Man, know how you feel.  I got new gaming pc set up last summer and have been playing catch-up since then.  Witcher 3, FC4, and DA:3 done so far with Fallout 4 and Andromeda to go.

I don't understand why developers/publishers don't release more games in the spring and summer. Sure people are on summer holidays but it's not like everyone disappears for 2-4 months. Plus, now in the fall there will 20 games put out in a 90 day period. Games will canabalize each other and sometimes it's the same company (EA). 

Not really a video game question - a video game console question:

Any of you run an Xbox360 on a TV in a different room?  How far will the controllers work? 

Not really a video game question - a video game console question:

Any of you run an Xbox360 on a TV in a different room?  How far will the controllers work? 
Not sure about XBox360 but PS4 doesn't need direct line of sight. I've used my controller to pause movies when I'm in a different room. 

Also, maybe consider upgrading from a XBox360 during your renos. It will be 2 generations old when the new Xbox comes out in less than 4 months. 

Also, I found a link to forum where they discuss this issue a bit. Quick glance I found this:

Do you run cat5/cat6 cable to local data points?

I only ask as you can connect the controller with a usb to cat6 converter and run that back to the xbox in the AV cupboard and then fit another cat6 to usb converter on the other end and plug it into the xbox essentially creating a wired connection. Done right this can be the best solution. It also means that if you have multiple cat6 modules in the house you can connect into anywhere. Having a matrix like you said and control anywhere can allow you to game in any room. 

Not a perfect solution but the only one I know that works.

Ok I don't get the appeal of this Nier Automata game. I've been playing awhile and find it very boring. Anybody want it? Will trade for resident evil 7

Playing through Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. After I beat the DLC to DS3, I just went right back into DS2. I just can't get enough of these games. Anytime I hit a lull, it's easy to just jump back in and grind a little Dark Souls. 

DS2 if my least favorite, but I've only beaten the Vanilla game and not the DLC bosses.  If another game pops up I'll switch, but this is an easy one to play a bit and put down. 

Anyone getting into Fortnite for Xbox One? Had never heard of it before but saw a YouTube video today and looks pretty cool. Minecraft meets call of duty Zombie mode. 

Player Unknowns Battlegrounds for PC right now.

Going to wind up being one of the most popular PC games ever.  If anyone is playing let me know and we can sync up

I don't understand why developers/publishers don't release more games in the spring and summer. Sure people are on summer holidays but it's not like everyone disappears for 2-4 months. Plus, now in the fall there will 20 games put out in a 90 day period. Games will canabalize each other and sometimes it's the same company (EA). 
Post of the year right there. It really is insanity. So instead of a game selling 100k copies in July for $60 a pop, they sell 30k at $40. And nobody buys games at sticker price in Nov/Dec. 

Horizon Zero Dawn....wandering around to get last vantage point way up north...took out the Big bird, then a 5th cauldron showed up grey.  Checked it out but couldn't get in, thinking this is the last part of game and that I should finish some more main quests first.  Sound right?

I've been playing Ghost Recon Wildlands with a group of friends. This game would be ok by yourself or with randoms online, but it's a blast playing with a group of people you know. It's fun to plan out assaults and execute them to perfection. It's also awesome when things go haywire or you screw someone over. I haven't laughed this much doing dumb stuff in a game in forever.

The best is when we had 5 guys on and one guy had to play by himself. When a guy dropped out and he joined up, we went back and did a mission we had already done so he could complete it. He was a little salty from being left out earlier. Anyway, the mission was to infiltrate a base and steal a Lamborghini. When he jumped in the Lambo, he ran me over and laughed at me. So I respawned at the base he was heading to, waited until he got within 50 meters, and blew the Lambo up with my grenade launcher. It was glorious. It hit the front of the car and the car actually flipped end over nose. Immediate failed mission. He was fuming, I was laughing hysterically and when we went back and did the mission again we executed it so beautifully it was a work of art.

Or last night, we pulled off a sweet raid where we had to defend an area for a set amount of time. One of our guys set a bunch of mines down that did an awesome job taking out reinforcements that came in. After we finished, we started jumping in cars to head to the next mission. He jumped in a Lamborghini, mocked us and took off before anyone else could get in...and ran over his own mine 10' in front of the car and blew it sky high killing him. Absolutely fantastic.

Of course there's the usual garbage with Ubisoft like helicopters that fly like crap and get fixed 6 months after release, task force tags that manage to transform from call letters to a string of dumb looking numbers next to your name, repetitive enemies, etc. that you have to deal with as well.

I'm going to need a new game soon.  I'm on my 7th playthrough on Fallout 4.  Still love the game.  Finally going to do the Institute ending on this one and then at that point I've done pretty much everything you can do to this game without the DLC's, which I have no interest in paying for at this price point.  I'll do that in a year or so when I can get them all for 10 bucks or something.

Someone in here posted about Elite Dangerous and I got that for the teenager.  He loves it.  I might try to play that just for something different but I'm not a huge fan of computer based games at this stage of my resting time.  Rather use the consol.

So, a non multiplayer fallout-kinda game is probably what I'm going to be looking for.  Any chance there is some kind of mutant offspring of a Fallout - GTA one night stand out there?

Really looking forward to the new NBA2K.  Once the draft happens, and free agency starts to move the players around, I can't get my kids to play with me anymore.  Plus, the screenshots of the new graphics look impressive.

Hopefully they don't tinker with the shooting mechanics again.  I can only relearn how to do the same thing over and over so many times.

I'm going to need a new game soon.  I'm on my 7th playthrough on Fallout 4.  Still love the game.  Finally going to do the Institute ending on this one and then at that point I've done pretty much everything you can do to this game without the DLC's, which I have no interest in paying for at this price point.  I'll do that in a year or so when I can get them all for 10 bucks or something.

Someone in here posted about Elite Dangerous and I got that for the teenager.  He loves it.  I might try to play that just for something different but I'm not a huge fan of computer based games at this stage of my resting time.  Rather use the consol.

So, a non multiplayer fallout-kinda game is probably what I'm going to be looking for.  Any chance there is some kind of mutant offspring of a Fallout - GTA one night stand out there?
Elite Dangerous was released for console at the end of June.

Do I have to play the first Borderlands game to enjoy the Handsome Collection (which only includes B2 and the Pre-sequel)?
Agreed with Todem, not needed. There are some references to the prior game in the story of 2, but nothing they don't fill you in on or catch you up on in the very beginning (the 4 characters you can play as in the 1st game show up in the 2nd game's story which is a fun tie to the original.) Anyway, the story isn't really why you are playing the game anyway, its just a lot of damn fun.

For that reason I would recommend playing the first one though, they are both really fun games although 2 is bigger and better in most ways. One thing that may be lost though is that these were some of the best 4 player co-op games I've ever played, game was really designed around co-op really well.

Note: In Borderlands 2, make sure to get the Shotgun 1340 after the quest "Out of Body Experience." It's hilarious.

Player Unknowns Battlegrounds for PC right now.

Going to wind up being one of the most popular PC games ever.  If anyone is playing let me know and we can sync up
This game is incredibly popular.   I am noticing on twitch that only LOL seems more popular on twitch and PUB even beats it at times for most viewers.   Some of the big name Hearthstone players having partially migrated their streams to PUB and have brought their fan bases with them.

This game is incredibly popular.   I am noticing on twitch that only LOL seems more popular on twitch and PUB even beats it at times for most viewers.   Some of the big name Hearthstone players having partially migrated their streams to PUB and have brought their fan bases with them.
Yeah, I play Hearthstone religiously but with a 3 month old meta, have been playing PUBG all month

Users who are viewing this thread