What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

I've had ME2 sitting around for two days now and still haven't had a chance to play a single second of the game yet. That should change tonight. Looking forward to this.
The opening cinematic is just...awesome. :lmao:
I am only now finishing my 1st playthrough. I always tend to the paragon, so might try to go back as a bad guy. I just have to do all quests that come my way, as well, which tends to make my playthroughs last a long time.
I've read a little about this but I'm not 100% sure how this works. Is there an advantage to always being "good" or always being "bad," or can I just pick and choose based on the situation with no penalty? Some reviews make it sound like it's better to stick to one path consistently, while others have said it isn't that big a deal.
There are certain dialog options that will only open up if you are almost 100% in either direction. And those options can affect how certain situations play out. I know that sounds vague, but I'd have to spoil stuff to really get more specific.

There are certain dialog options that will only open up if you are almost 100% in either direction. And those options can affect how certain situations play out. I know that sounds vague, but I'd have to spoil stuff to really get more specific.
Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

guys, i was as big a Fable fan when the original came out. I had rented Fable 2 from Gamefly and was bored to tears for the first hour playing as children and just going from point A to point B.Is it worth trying Fable 2 again and then going to 3 or has the series gone in the tank since the original one?
I preferred Fable 2 over Fable 3. Fable 3 was a huge downgrade, IMO. All they seemed to improve was the graphics and getting the co-op multiplayer right. But it doesn't excuse that they dumbed everything else down. It's alright, but if you didn't like the 2nd, don't expect the 3rd to be better.If you didn't get past the part as children from Fable 2, try playing it again, then decide from there. You didn't even start the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
SlaX said:
biggamer3 said:
guys, i was as big a Fable fan when the original came out. I had rented Fable 2 from Gamefly and was bored to tears for the first hour playing as children and just going from point A to point B.Is it worth trying Fable 2 again and then going to 3 or has the series gone in the tank since the original one?
I preferred Fable 2 over Fable 3. Fable 3 was a huge downgrade, IMO. All they seemed to improve was the graphics and getting the co-op multiplayer right. But it doesn't excuse that they dumbed everything else down. It's alright, but if you didn't like the 2nd, don't expect the 3rd to be better.If you didn't get past the part as children from Fable 2, try playing it again, then decide from there. You didn't even start the game.
I only have the original XBOX. And Fable kicked all kinds of ###. I love that game.Mass Effect 2 is a must buy for me.....but I am waiting. I have so many games yet untouched.So here is my list of games that will be purchased at some point this year:Mass Effect 2Top Spin 4Fight Night ChampionsMadden 2012 (only if offline franchise gets a facelift)Oblivion V SkyrimPassing onNBA2K12NCAA 2012The Show 2011Having NBA2K11, The Show 2009 and NCAA 2011 those 3 games will last a long time for me as they are amazing and the replay value of all of them will keep me busy for years with those sports. I have learned to buy sports games every 2-3 years now unless the upgrade is just compelling. So Madden will have to really hit it out of the park with their supposed overhaul of their franchise mode.

Just played the demo for Dead Space 2. Many similarities (graphics, gameplay) to ME2. I will definitely be buying this game. Can't wait.

I cannot even comprehend how awesome a ME MMO would be with the classes, races and amazing backstory they have created.

Crysis 2 multiplayer is looking ballerrrrrrrr. 360 exclusive multiplayer beta is up on the 25th. Count me the #### in.

Am I banned from this thread if I say Unchartered didn't grab me after an hour of play? I played it just after completing Heavy Rain (as good as it gets for gaming as a cinematic experience) and Assassin's Creed 2 (about as good as it gets for being able to roam over an environment freely) so that had a lot to do with it, but the main character, story, and gameplay just didn't do it for me :heart:

Am I banned from this thread if I say Unchartered didn't grab me after an hour of play? I played it just after completing Heavy Rain (as good as it gets for gaming as a cinematic experience) and Assassin's Creed 2 (about as good as it gets for being able to roam over an environment freely) so that had a lot to do with it, but the main character, story, and gameplay just didn't do it for me :heart:
Uncharted starts off kind of slow, but if you don't like the beginning you probably aren't going to like the rest of the game either. I'd at least play all the way through Chapter 4. If you still don't like it, at least you would have given it a fair shot.

Just finishing the Overlord DLC for ME2 and it has been very enjoyable. Very nice feel to it all, decent storyline. Get to do Shadow Broker next, then finish this mutha out.

Am I banned from this thread if I say Unchartered didn't grab me after an hour of play? I played it just after completing Heavy Rain (as good as it gets for gaming as a cinematic experience) and Assassin's Creed 2 (about as good as it gets for being able to roam over an environment freely) so that had a lot to do with it, but the main character, story, and gameplay just didn't do it for me :lmao:
Uncharted starts off kind of slow, but if you don't like the beginning you probably aren't going to like the rest of the game either. I'd at least play all the way through Chapter 4. If you still don't like it, at least you would have given it a fair shot.
I played until I found the submarine. Is that far enough to have gotten a good feel for it?

Am I banned from this thread if I say Unchartered didn't grab me after an hour of play? I played it just after completing Heavy Rain (as good as it gets for gaming as a cinematic experience) and Assassin's Creed 2 (about as good as it gets for being able to roam over an environment freely) so that had a lot to do with it, but the main character, story, and gameplay just didn't do it for me :pickle:
I played until I found the submarine. Is that far enough to have gotten a good feel for it?
Give it another couple of chapters.

Crysis 2 multiplayer is looking ballerrrrrrrr. 360 exclusive multiplayer beta is up on the 25th. Count me the #### in.

Very cool. Implementing the nanosuit is going to be interesting in MP. I see many balance issues to sort out.

It does look sick. Nothing as far as I know. Just have an internet connection and d/l it when it shows up on there. It might be up at midnight tonight, though more than likely it'll be posted sometime tomorrow morning.

I'm gonna have to delete Black Ops off my H/D to make room for it :lmao: .

Mass Effect 1 question/request for help:

I am not very far into the game (haven't leveled up very high) and I have run into Benezia at the Rift Station. I can't beat her. Her cronies bum rush me while she lifts the crates (my cover) and me and my amigos get roasted.

I finally made it through the first two rushes from her goons. Got her alone, but it was 1 on 1 and it seemed like I couldn't damage her.

Tips and/or links?

Mass Effect 1 question/request for help:I am not very far into the game (haven't leveled up very high) and I have run into Benezia at the Rift Station. I can't beat her. Her cronies bum rush me while she lifts the crates (my cover) and me and my amigos get roasted.I finally made it through the first two rushes from her goons. Got her alone, but it was 1 on 1 and it seemed like I couldn't damage her.Tips and/or links?
I'm replaying and have just gotten to that location myself. I'll let you know how it goes.

Adebisi said:
Am I banned from this thread if I say Unchartered didn't grab me after an hour of play? I played it just after completing Heavy Rain (as good as it gets for gaming as a cinematic experience) and Assassin's Creed 2 (about as good as it gets for being able to roam over an environment freely) so that had a lot to do with it, but the main character, story, and gameplay just didn't do it for me :shock:
You've basically just completed the tutorial. I would play up through the gunfight at the airplane crash scene, which I think is Chapter 4 (could be wrong). You'll have at least actually played through some real fights by then.

I'm very seriously considering getting a PS3. I would get the Amazon bundle that includes that Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time game. Also would get get another controller, Killzone 3 pre-order, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet (1), God of War 3, and Heavy Rain.

Is that good a good way to start out? Worth doing? I have an Xbox 360.

I'm very seriously considering getting a PS3. I would get the Amazon bundle that includes that Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time game. Also would get get another controller, Killzone 3 pre-order, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet (1), God of War 3, and Heavy Rain. Is that good a good way to start out? Worth doing? I have an Xbox 360.
Yes. R&C is fun, DS is one of the best games on the system. GoW3 and HR are both really good as well. LBP is excellent to some, meh to others. Solid order there, imo.

I'm very seriously considering getting a PS3. I would get the Amazon bundle that includes that Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time game. Also would get get another controller, Killzone 3 pre-order, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet (1), God of War 3, and Heavy Rain. Is that good a good way to start out? Worth doing? I have an Xbox 360.
Stacking those cards?

Stacking those cards?
I wish. I never got them, and my CC was refunded. Still come out under $500 for all the above stuff, though :goodposting:

I had a PS3 in the house but it was my sons. I have a Wii , Xbox360 and now, I finally pulled the trigger to get one because I "needed" a Blu Ray player. I'm slowly now trying PS3 exclusives to catch up, Both Uncharteds were good, 2 was great.I have God of War collection that is next on my list before I move on to III.I can't wait for THE Show now, I'm only played it here and there but now can really invest timeDefinitely has been worth it

GTBilly said:
Adebisi said:
Am I banned from this thread if I say Unchartered didn't grab me after an hour of play? I played it just after completing Heavy Rain (as good as it gets for gaming as a cinematic experience) and Assassin's Creed 2 (about as good as it gets for being able to roam over an environment freely) so that had a lot to do with it, but the main character, story, and gameplay just didn't do it for me :goodposting:
Give it another couple of chapters.
This. It really picks up, I just finished 2. I really like both games. :goodposting:

dead space 2 out in stores today.

Bulletstorm/Crysis 2 demo on Xbox live.
Downloading both right now. Crysis 2 should be finished in the next 30 minutes.
Friend of mine tells me C2 demo is unplayable. Lots of freezing, can't find a match ect.
I'll find out soon enough. But that's why they're having this public beta (even though they're calling it a closed beta).

Picked up Fallout 3 yesterday, along with the Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3) and Madden 10 (not a huge Madden fan, but it's worth having one around for $10).

Excited about Fallout 3. Never really played any RPG-type games. Fallout and Black Ops should keep me busy until Feb/March, when I decide on the next candidate to complement COD for my nightly MP FPS fix.

The top 3 candidates as of right now are:

1. Homefront (anybody else looking into this game? It looks pretty cool)

2. Crysis 2

3. KZ3

Picked up Fallout 3 yesterday, along with the Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3) and Madden 10 (not a huge Madden fan, but it's worth having one around for $10).Excited about Fallout 3. Never really played any RPG-type games. Fallout and Black Ops should keep me busy until Feb/March, when I decide on the next candidate to replace COD for my nightly MP FPS fix. The top 3 candidates as of right now are:1. Homefront (anybody else looking into this game? It looks pretty cool)2. Crysis 23. KZ3
The shelf life on Blops is only 5 months. I thought it would be longer

Picked up Fallout 3 yesterday, along with the Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3) and Madden 10 (not a huge Madden fan, but it's worth having one around for $10).Excited about Fallout 3. Never really played any RPG-type games. Fallout and Black Ops should keep me busy until Feb/March, when I decide on the next candidate to replace COD for my nightly MP FPS fix. The top 3 candidates as of right now are:1. Homefront (anybody else looking into this game? It looks pretty cool)2. Crysis 23. KZ3
The shelf life on Blops is only 5 months. I thought it would be longer
I played MW2 for a year and I actually like BLOPs better. Good chance that'll happen again. "Replace" probably was the wrong word, but I'd like to find something else that I like as much, in case Activision continues to pass off an inferior versions COD games to PS3 owners (or if they ever really go to a subscription-based model for COD).

Picked up Fallout 3 yesterday, along with the Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3) and Madden 10 (not a huge Madden fan, but it's worth having one around for $10).Excited about Fallout 3. Never really played any RPG-type games. Fallout and Black Ops should keep me busy until Feb/March, when I decide on the next candidate to complement COD for my nightly MP FPS fix. The top 3 candidates as of right now are:1. Homefront (anybody else looking into this game? It looks pretty cool)2. Crysis 23. KZ3
Warning: The first 2-3 hours of fallout are a bit slow. After that, it really takes off and sucks you in for the next 147 hours.

recently bought Mass Effect 2 for 10 bucks new

Still havent finished Splinter Cell Conviction, Assassins Creed 2 or either COD's recent single player games. Which COD had a better single player Black ops or MW2?

I only played multiplayer on both

dead space 2 out in stores today.

Bulletstorm/Crysis 2 demo on Xbox live.
Downloading both right now. Crysis 2 should be finished in the next 30 minutes.
Friend of mine tells me C2 demo is unplayable. Lots of freezing, can't find a match ect.
I'll find out soon enough. But that's why they're having this public beta (even though they're calling it a closed beta).
I'm 0 for... in finding a game for the last hour in C2. Apparently some players are finding games, because I'm seeing players with different ranks, but I haven't succeeded yet. I'm gonna hold off for now and try again later.

Is there a stat/save carry over from ME1 to ME2? Can I change my class? Soldier is a bit boring.
If you are on PC< there are sites that let you download pretty much whatever combination of player - sex/class/decisions that you want. You also get a chance to change class in ME2. I was a soldier in ME but went Sentinel in ME2, and gotta say I love that class.

Warning: The first 2-3 hours of fallout are a bit slow.
You didn't find the birthday party scene to be riveting?
I didn't mind the Vault part being so slow. I've never really played anything like it, so it seemed fun. I enjoyed fighting with Butch. I popped him in the jaw the minute I saw him and his buddies cornering Amata (I did save his mom though). I'm in Megaton now and have felt it being slow sometimes. Not really slow, but I get lost and my character walks so slow it feels like it takes forever. I've currently been walking around Megaton for the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get out of the damn place to go look for the Super Mart thing (I think I'm actually using the maps pretty well too, I'm just a little slow). It's only that type of thing that annoys me, but it should get better as figure out what I'm doing.I'm assuming it'll start getting more exciting with whatever/whoever is about to try to kill me on the way to the Super Duper Mart.....

I didn't mind the Vault part being so slow. I've never really played anything like it, so it seemed fun. I enjoyed fighting with Butch. I popped him in the jaw the minute I saw him and his buddies cornering Amata (I did save his mom though). I'm in Megaton now and have felt it being slow sometimes. Not really slow, but I get lost and my character walks so slow it feels like it takes forever. I've currently been walking around Megaton for the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get out of the damn place to go look for the Super Mart thing (I think I'm actually using the maps pretty well too, I'm just a little slow). It's only that type of thing that annoys me, but it should get better as figure out what I'm doing.I'm assuming it'll start getting more exciting with whatever/whoever is about to try to kill me on the way to the Super Duper Mart.....
I had that exact feeling after playing for about 8 hours and it carried over to when I left Megaton. That's why I gave it up.

Are you encumbered? If so, sell some stuff to lighten the load. You really move really slow when encumbered. I made that mistake the first time I played.

Users who are viewing this thread