What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

Still playing a lot of COD WWII.  The game has given me more replay value than I originally thought.

I do have to say that they got the loot crate system down right this time around.  The last modern warfare game required you to spend massive amounts on money to unlock all of the gear (or "get lucky" on a drop).  No more.  Now, all of the guns are available to anyone willing to grind them out.  No more imbalance with only certain people having OP'd guns.
I put this game down a few months ago. There seemed to be some cheaters/hackers, the public area was empty with some strange glitches that would happen every now and then in that area. I was really enjoying prior to that. 

Anything major changed or added? Is there any new Operators (I forget the actual names of that one mode) maps?

Just started playing GTA Online this year.  Early going and I have some friends helping me get going.  There's not a lot that compares to just killing people and driving fast cars in GTA.  Online has been fun so far, but there are some punks out there that just love to kill anyone at anytime. 

I played the story mode and 'finished the game' back when the game came out on my PS3.  Then I got a PS4 and forgot about GTA Online.  Got the game for PS4 during a winter sale after friends kept reminding me of how much fun they still have with GTA Online.  Hard to believe GTA V and Online are 4 years old, still so much fun.

Bucky86 said:
I'm starting to enjoy it the more I play. The different type of weapon you use makes a huge difference in enjoyment. Some require combos to use effectively The good news is you can use all of them and don't have to stick with the same one. Just be sure to upgrade them before going out to hunt a monster.

Right now I'm running the Insect Glaive. it's like a long staff/blade with insects. :lol:  It's fun because you can jump over monsters and sometimes land on their backs to stab.

My one complaint is probably the difficulty in matching up with people in the co-op who are your same level. It doesn't allow you to join quests beyond your own level, so most of the time I'm running it alone. I was kind of sold on the CO-OP monster hunting aspect, so hopefully that changes when more people get it.

I'm also still trying to figure out the different potions and which ones to craft/when to craft them. Sometimes these games lose me when they make it too difficult to just load up for a hunt. However, when you go out on a monster hunter, they do give you a box with required potions/traps necessary to complete it.  I just usually run out and dont have the supplies to make my own.

I'm still literally a level 3 or 4 and have only killed 3 big monsters.
Big fan of this game the further I get in to it. Everything feels very organic. I've hunted a few of the large monsters several times and they felt different each time. In my last quest a giant dragon looking thing swooped in and absolutely wrecked the monster I was hunting. It was pretty cool. 

On the weapons I'd recommend watching a tutorial/guide video on youtube if you can find one for your preferred weapon. I've been using the charge blade and after watching a video on it I realized I wasn't aware of half of the available moves and combos. The game doesn't do a great job on it's own of explaining it.

I'm still a little overwhelmed by all there is to do in the game but I'm having fun figuring things out.

I put this game down a few months ago. There seemed to be some cheaters/hackers, the public area was empty with some strange glitches that would happen every now and then in that area. I was really enjoying prior to that. 

Anything major changed or added? Is there any new Operators (I forget the actual names of that one mode) maps?
Not sure what you mean by the public area.  Do you mean the headquarters screen, or just public games?  There are always cheaters, and the host benefit is still there.  I just deal with those.  If i get in a lobby where my perfomance is way down, or someone is clearly cheating or has some advantage that is skewing things, I  just find a different game.

There is a new operation going on right now (the resistance) and it has a new operator.  Benefits aren't vastly different.  One is a second attachment for pistols (but I rarely use those).  Another I find to actually be a hindrance.  One perk is you scramble the mini map of those players near you.  However, the downside is that whenever I see my mini map scrambled, I know an enemy is nearby.  One of the other perks is a directional heads up for the closest enemy.  I haven't leveled up that far to see how effective that is.  I don't remember the fourth perk for this operator.

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap

Tornado Man is growing into his role as a leader.  This is most readily seen by his consistent use of the phrases, "This way... this way guys... come this way" while backtracking to an area of the map we've already covered multiple times and, "man, WE just did that... that was awesome" after killing anything resembling a boss (read: the bad guy is bigger than his character).  Great leaders give credit to the team.

He's also showing growth in his self esteem and self recognition as demonstrated by his ceaseless mutterings of, "Don't worry, I'm a Barbarian" and, "Barbarians are the strongest of all the game".  He's also very quick to learn new skills as the second he gains a level, he equips whatever new skill he's earned and uses it exclusively until the next skill becomes available.  Material items also mean nothing to Tornado Man as he is quick to discard his current item for whatever the next item he picks up is.  It matters not that he's trading the "Giant Great Axe of Bul Kathos' Rending Destruction" for "Simple Dagger" as it's fairly obvious that the axe has been dulled by all the slaughtering (of walls) he's been doing and the dagger is shiny and new.

On our most recent adventure to rescue the stranger from Maghda's henchmen, Tornado Man discovered the LEAP ability.  This allows the mighty barbarian to cover great expanses of ground quickly.  It also grants the ability to jump on to or down from ledges that would otherwise force him to walk to a staircase and ascend/descend like a peasant.  This is especially convenient when you want to trap your party mates in an area while using your leadership phrases to encourage them to find unique solutions to their inability to leap 30 feet into the air.  There's nothing more motivating than "Come on guys, we HAVE to go this way!", over and over until the game finally decides you're stuck and teleports you to your leader.

The party eventually leapt and backtracked our way to the Chamber of Suffering.  Home of Maghda's most brutal enforcer, the infamous Butcher.  Before entering the lair, the more experienced party members instructed Tornado Man not to stand in fire when it comes out of the floor.  In turn, Tornado Man reminded them not to worry as he can just leap out of it.  That wisdom having been imparted, Tornado Man decided it was time to enter the chamber (while dad was not at his controller, letting the dogs out to pee).

As most epic battles do, this one began with a Michael Buffer-esque introduction of our opponent.  As a projection of Maghda introduced The Butcher, Tornado Man could be seen with what might have been panic in his eyes.  The party would later be informed that Tornado Man was not worried at all and he just thought the cut scene was awesome.  With the introductions made, the battle would commence.

And a fierce battle it was.  Tornado man belied his incredible size and bulk with his impressive nimbleness.  While his more fragile party members were engaged in combat with the beast, Tornado Man was demonstrating his ability to leap out of the fire.  Furious battle cries of "See", "I did it again!", "This is easy", and "Did he just say FRESH MEAT???", could be heard over the sounds of battle.  When the beast was finally vanquished Tornado Man voiced his pleasure with a single word.  "Loots!"

Shortly after dispatching his foe the party was able to free the Stranger who turned out to be a mighty angel sent from the heavens with a vital warning.  Tornado Man did not hear any of this vital information as he was busy tending to more important matters... equipping every item that dropped from his enemy.

With their enemies vanquished and their new ally rescued, the party retired to brush their teeth (well this time, not super fast and lazy like this morning) and turn in for some much needed rest.

Unfortunately for the citizens of New Tristram, Tornado Man has Karate tonight so they will be on their own until he can return.  Hopefully, that will be Thursday night as long as he completes his required studies, follows directions (the first time!), and doesn't be a jerk to anyone until then.

To be continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading some open beta reviews of Sea of Thieves from the last few days, thinking of cancelling my pre-order. Not because the game looks bad, in fact quite the opposite, it sounds like a ton of fun and looks like a beautiful game! But most of what I read states the game is entirely built around co-op/multiplayer, and playing as a single player would be very difficult/unsatisfying.

Unfortunately my friends that I used to co-op games with all the time a decade ago... well we all got old and never have time to play, especially when it comes to playing online at the same time. Will probably keep the preorder for now and wait for final reviews to come out in about 6 weeks before I make an ultimate decision.

I’m having a hard time making pubg progress. I’d say almost everytime I’ve died it’s to someone laying in the grass. I decided to jump to the middle one match, loot just enough, then went to sleep under a rock in the shade. It got me to the top 25. Then I had to travel maybe 100 yards to the next circle and *bam* dead. The guy had probably been 50 ft from me for 10 minutes. 

On in the funny side, I saw two guys in underwear chasing each other.  This wasn’t right after the jump either, we were 10 mins in. 

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/8d82b040-97b0-43d0-8572-d1023937366b

@NewlyRetired had to share with my only HS buddy.

Only played a few days the past few months but decided Id stop being lazy and try to get a good ranked chest.  Turns out Tempo Rogue is pretty insane in ranks 10-1

11-1 vs Warlocks was the key.  (Double tech Spellbreakers)

Think im just gonna camp out and not try for legend this month.  I'll wait until the nerfs are implemented next week.  And they can't come soon enough.

I wish they'd nerf Warlock as well (maybe make the weapon lose durability or something)

https://i.imgur.com/GocAm00.jpg

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap
:lmao:  OK, maybe it's not as awesome as I initially thought.

My wife does similar things:

Mrs. EY: Hey, have we checked this area?
Me: Yes
Her: Are you sure? there might be a chest.
Me: We can see on the mini-map. There was no chest.
Her: let me just double check... *she trots her crusader over to a corner*
Me: *my character on the other side of the screen*  :coffee:  
ZAP - *I teleport*
Her: Sorry.
Me:  <_<  

This is our 3rd time playing it and she still does this at least twice a session.

@NewlyRetired had to share with my only HS buddy.

Only played a few days the past few months but decided Id stop being lazy and try to get a good ranked chest.  Turns out Tempo Rogue is pretty insane in ranks 10-1

11-1 vs Warlocks was the key.  (Double tech Spellbreakers)

Think im just gonna camp out and not try for legend this month.  I'll wait until the nerfs are implemented next week.  And they can't come soon enough.

I wish they'd nerf Warlock as well (maybe make the weapon lose durability or something)

https://i.imgur.com/GocAm00.jpg
fantastic! 

I am excited for the nerfs because I don't play any of the 4 cards in my decks so it should affect others more than me.  Kripp thinks quest Rogue is going to come back hard now as it counter cubelock so well.

I at my normal rank 3-5 area I am every month at this time.  Playing a high roll big Priest right now.  Closing in on 10k wins (9534 right now).

fantastic! 

I am excited for the nerfs because I don't play any of the 4 cards in my decks so it should affect others more than me.  Kripp thinks quest Rogue is going to come back hard now as it counter cubelock so well.

I at my normal rank 3-5 area I am every month at this time.  Playing a high roll big Priest right now.  Closing in on 10k wins (9534 right now).
i love rank 5 because we get to see all the ridiculous and fun decks.  its a relief for sure

:lmao:  OK, maybe it's not as awesome as I initially thought.

My wife does similar things:

Mrs. EY: Hey, have we checked this area?
Me: Yes
Her: Are you sure? there might be a chest.
Me: We can see on the mini-map. There was no chest.
Her: let me just double check... *she trots her crusader over to a corner*
Me: *my character on the other side of the screen*  :coffee:  
ZAP - *I teleport*
Her: Sorry.
Me:  <_<  

This is our 3rd time playing it and she still does this at least twice a session.
His problem is he can't use the minimap very well yet.  We're constantly going down halls we've already been down but my wife and I want to let him figure things out so we let him lead.  It's pretty rough though as we've both played enough to have hundreds of paragon points (my wife is in the 600s, I'm somewhere around 900) and know where everything is generally at.  The best is when he takes us backwards and then sees something like a book case that he busts open for 600gold and says, "see, I knew that gold was back there so that's why I went back".

His problem is he can't use the minimap very well yet.  We're constantly going down halls we've already been down but my wife and I want to let him figure things out so we let him lead.  It's pretty rough though as we've both played enough to have hundreds of paragon points (my wife is in the 600s, I'm somewhere around 900) and know where everything is generally at.  The best is when he takes us backwards and then sees something like a book case that he busts open for 600gold and says, "see, I knew that gold was back there so that's why I went back".
Is that when you say, "But you see son, my account has roughly 50 billion gold, so let's go ahead and pass on the 600 mmkay?" ;)

Is that when you say, "But you see son, my account has roughly 50 billion gold, so let's go ahead and pass on the 600 mmkay?" ;)
No way... then he'll want my gold!

We're actually doing season play and neither of us had a character in S12 so we're all equally broke.

I was playing with my daughter recently and felt the controller shaking again, and yep, nemesis appears.  I miss those.  There is something satisfying about just demolishing them at this point, though the lack of challenge can be sad.

Mad Cow said:
I was playing with my daughter recently and felt the controller shaking again, and yep, nemesis appears.  I miss those.  There is something satisfying about just demolishing them at this point, though the lack of challenge can be sad.
That ******* has about 6 notches on his belt from killing me. I've never beaten him. Seems like he tends to come in the early acts when I'm weak to pick on me.

Kanil said:
My wife is hoarder. Any item with a green stat arrow will be kept in the inventory. She ponders over the same crappy gear time and time again when she should be mass salvaging. And of course her stash is always full.

you guys are making me crave diablo again.  god I hope blizzard announces D4 this year.
Is this just a hope or is there some reasoning behind it? New game cycle, something said, hinted, rumoured, etc.?

Edit: A quick Google search turns up nothing. Maybe 2019 or 2020 are some rumours.

Is this just a hope or is there some reasoning behind it? New game cycle, something said, hinted, rumoured, etc.?

Edit: A quick Google search turns up nothing. Maybe 2019 or 2020 are some rumours.
it is just a hope. 

Kripp said something on stream where he thinks something D4 related could be announced at the next Blizzcon but that is about as far as I have seen.

I’m having a hard time making pubg progress. I’d say almost everytime I’ve died it’s to someone laying in the grass. I decided to jump to the middle one match, loot just enough, then went to sleep under a rock in the shade. It got me to the top 25. Then I had to travel maybe 100 yards to the next circle and *bam* dead. The guy had probably been 50 ft from me for 10 minutes. 

On in the funny side, I saw two guys in underwear chasing each other.  This wasn’t right after the jump either, we were 10 mins in. 

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/8d82b040-97b0-43d0-8572-d1023937366b
When you say "loot just enough", what are we talking about here? IMO, in solo, you shouldn't stop looting until you have full level 2 gear, plenty of meds, a long range gun (either a sniper or M16 with at least a 4x scope) and a fully auto assault rifle with pretty much maxed out attachments.  If you're expecting to pick up just barebones stuff and win, you're going to be disappointed. There's a TON of luck involved in this game, (and yes, occasionally you'll just die to some camper) but finding a lvl 3 vest or a silencer can really get you over the top, so you really shouldn't stop looting until at least like 4th or 5 circle.

If you play the game just trying to get into the top 25 or so, you wont get better.  As you've discovered, you can pretty much guarantee top 25 probably 75% of the time if you dont drop on either school or military base and dont lose a 1 v 1 against someone who drops right near you in a less busy area.  Its not really an accomplishment once you've learned the basics of the game. Gotta be aggressive to get yourself a better chance at game-winning gear and the best end-game position. At this point, the only time I really camp is if I get lucky with early game gear (basically getting all the stuff on my list above) AND happen to pick a mid-game building that ends up in like 3 circles in a row until there's like 15 people left. If that doesn't  happen, I start working the edges of the circle trying to simultaneously pick off  late arrivals/careless movers and keep a majority of the blue in front of me.

I'd much rather get 4 or 5 kills and finish 15th than get 1 kill and finish 5th. But that's me :shrug: I've been making a lot of top 5's lately (while playing pretty aggressively in the mid-game) but I've had some problems closing the deal. Need to work on my grenade skills for sure. It has cost me a few times. (and I've been flushed out and killed by guys who were good with them even though I had superior position and gear)

When you say "loot just enough", what are we talking about here? IMO, in solo, you shouldn't stop looting until you have full level 2 gear, plenty of meds, a long range gun (either a sniper or M16 with at least a 4x scope) and a fully auto assault rifle with pretty much maxed out attachments.  If you're expecting to pick up just barebones stuff and win, you're going to be disappointed. There's a TON of luck involved in this game, (and yes, occasionally you'll just die to some camper) but finding a lvl 3 vest or a silencer can really get you over the top, so you really shouldn't stop looting until at least like 4th or 5 circle.

If you play the game just trying to get into the top 25 or so, you wont get better.  As you've discovered, you can pretty much guarantee top 25 probably 75% of the time if you dont drop on either school or military base and dont lose a 1 v 1 against someone who drops right near you in a less busy area.  Its not really an accomplishment once you've learned the basics of the game. Gotta be aggressive to get yourself a better chance at game-winning gear and the best end-game position. At this point, the only time I really camp is if I get lucky with early game gear (basically getting all the stuff on my list above) AND happen to pick a mid-game building that ends up in like 3 circles in a row until there's like 15 people left. If that doesn't  happen, I start working the edges of the circle trying to simultaneously pick off  late arrivals/careless movers and keep a majority of the blue in front of me.

I'd much rather get 4 or 5 kills and finish 15th than get 1 kill and finish 5th. But that's me :shrug: I've been making a lot of top 5's lately (while playing pretty aggressively in the mid-game) but I've had some problems closing the deal. Need to work on my grenade skills for sure. It has cost me a few times. (and I've been flushed out and killed by guys who were good with them even though I had superior position and gear)
So I agree and I disagree. Are you playing on XB1?

so in Fortnite, I’m all about everything you say. I pillage and I kill and I’m up to like 15 wins now - won twice yesterday. Pubg is so janky and the shooting is clunky.  Any actual gunfight gets a framedrop and everything goes to hell. I’ll never be a killing machine in this version of the game, it just won’t happen. I have to be more passive just because the shooting is so bad. 

Pubg is so janky and the shooting is clunky.  Any actual gunfight gets a framedrop and everything goes to hell. I’ll never be a killing machine in this version of the game, it just won’t happen. I have to be more passive just because the shooting is so bad. 
Sounds like a blast. I can see why you'd want to stick with it.

Is this game really free to download and free to play? Do you need PS+? Are there a lot of in-game asks for $? 
The battle royale is completely free. I’m on XB1. You can buy cosmetic items - different costumes, different skins for your harvesting pickaxe, stuff like that. I’ve got over 50 hours in the game, never spent a dime. 

The battle royale is completely free. I’m on XB1. You can buy cosmetic items - different costumes, different skins for your harvesting pickaxe, stuff like that. I’ve got over 50 hours in the game, never spent a dime. 
How the hell do they make money? Ads? 

No ads.  The costumes and stuff are expensive. Like $15 just to wear a skin and when you’re playing, you see them on a bunch of people.  They also sell a season pass which is $25 and runs for a couple of months - during that time you get different unlocks like dances and emotes and stuff to make fun of someone if you kill them. 

Honestly I’ll probably buy the season pass when it resets next month. I’ve played it so much that I kind of feel like I should support the game in some capacity. 

Heres a clip from a win the other day.  I’m the only one in the final 6 to be in a standard skin - the other 5 all bought their outfits. I’d say 75% of people buy the skins. 

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/1a3c382f-d948-4617-a368-8c448ac1c5ab

No ads.  The costumes and stuff are expensive. Like $15 just to wear a skin and when you’re playing, you see them on a bunch of people.  They also sell a season pass which is $25 and runs for a couple of months - during that time you get different unlocks like dances and emotes and stuff to make fun of someone if you kill them. 

Honestly I’ll probably buy the season pass when it resets next month. I’ve played it so much that I kind of feel like I should support the game in some capacity. 

Heres a clip from a win the other day.  I’m the only one in the final 6 to be in a standard skin - the other 5 all bought their outfits. I’d say 75% of people buy the skins. 

http://xboxclips.com/guerilla+gunner/1a3c382f-d948-4617-a368-8c448ac1c5ab
Yep, I’m buying the season pass when it resets this month (lasts for 3 months). It adds extra challenges too which are fun.

It’s an “early access” game. However, they charged $60 to play the “real” game. You could download it but needed to buy the Founders Pack to actually play.

Then they ripped off pubg and bolted on this battle royale mode that is free to play. They also charge a bunch for cosmetics. 

I downloaded it. Played 6 games so far. I have one kill. Did finish 25th in my 6th game, mainly because I encountered nearly no one until that point. 

I observed one game after I was killed to see how good players play. Holy ####. These dudes are building 9 story brick structures in 30 seconds and take about 3 seconds to buzz through 18 items on the ground and pick up the few they need. I will never ever ever win a game. :lol:

I downloaded it. Played 6 games so far. I have one kill. Did finish 25th in my 6th game, mainly because I encountered nearly no one until that point. 

I observed one game after I was killed to see how good players play. Holy ####. These dudes are building 9 story brick structures in 30 seconds and take about 3 seconds to buzz through 18 items on the ground and pick up the few they need. I will never ever ever win a game. :lol:
Believe me, it gets better. Not long from now you’ll be taking out entire squads on your own with a SCAR while doing a little dance over their corpses.

Believe me, it gets better. Not long from now you’ll be taking out entire squads on your own with a SCAR while doing a little dance over their corpses.
I'm just far too slow and indecisive.  I don't have the reflexes I used to.  It's a very cool game, I celebrated like I'd just won the Super Bowl when I finally took someone out rather than just getting killed instantly every time.  The fact that I got wiped out myself about 45 seconds later was immaterial.

Red Dead Redemption 2, October 26, 2018.  

I was really hoping for earlier this year.  Guess I'll be a cowboy for Halloween.
Shucks, that's the second time its been pushed. Hopefully it results in a great game with few bugs or missing features though. Supposedly GTA 5 has a huge online following now (IDK, I moved on after the first 6 months or so), but it was a mess at launch. Hopefully that means they will have everything ready to go at launch for RDR2, I've already got my pre-order that's been sitting out there for a while.

Shucks, that's the second time its been pushed. Hopefully it results in a great game with few bugs or missing features though. Supposedly GTA 5 has a huge online following now (IDK, I moved on after the first 6 months or so), but it was a mess at launch. Hopefully that means they will have everything ready to go at launch for RDR2, I've already got my pre-order that's been sitting out there for a while.
GTA Online is now bigger than ever.  GTAV has been top 10 sales in sales every year since launch, even now over 4 years after launch.  Last year was the biggest year ever for the GTA Online and December was the biggest month ever.  Link

I hope RDR2 will have a good online mode and microtransactions have been confirmed  :censored: , but I'm not sure the longevity it will have.  Racing is a big part of GTA Online, I can't see that being as much fun with horses.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I just hope the story mode of RDR2 is solid.  I fear RockStar will focus too much on online and neglect the story mode, which has happened with other companies.

So I agree and I disagree. Are you playing on XB1?

so in Fortnite, I’m all about everything you say. I pillage and I kill and I’m up to like 15 wins now - won twice yesterday. Pubg is so janky and the shooting is clunky.  Any actual gunfight gets a framedrop and everything goes to hell. I’ll never be a killing machine in this version of the game, it just won’t happen. I have to be more passive just because the shooting is so bad. 
Playing on PC although i have the xbox version as well (bought it to play with my brother but we both quit pretty quick because of the performance/control issues you mentioned). Its just brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread