What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

Played the first 45 minutes of Alan Wake the other night.

I've been too scared to start it up again. :lol:
It's not as scary as you think it is.
I found it pretty creepy. Especially playing at night having things come at you out of the darkness. After a couple of hours of play its becomes a bit monotonous. Worth playing through once. No replay value. 3/5
I'm kind of a sissy with that sort of stuff. And games like this are a bit different when it's on a 92" screen with surround sound.
Very underrated game. A little repetitive at times and the enemies could use more variety, but I found it pretty creepy and one of the most atmospheric games to come along in a long time. Outstanding use of music and a great, immersive story.

I do highly recommend turning up the difficulty level, the default setting is WAY too easy.
Alan Wake for $10 DL

Amazon increased their game credit to $20 with a Bulletstorm pre-order and also includes a free upgrade to the Limited Edition for those wanting to preorder and get the GoW3 beta.

I got tired of explaining myself to my family whenever I would say Boom-Shakalaka! So I picked up NBA Jam for $30 on Amazon and we played some last night. :lol: Good fun. Some good lines by the announcers. My favorite has to be "Knock Knock. Who's there? BOOM SHAKA LAKA!" :lol:
Daughter loves me playing this
I played me vs my son and a friend of his last night. They got tired of Dad shouting BOOM SHAKA LAKA! fairly quickly. :bag:

I got tired of explaining myself to my family whenever I would say Boom-Shakalaka! So I picked up NBA Jam for $30 on Amazon and we played some last night. :shrug: Good fun. Some good lines by the announcers. My favorite has to be "Knock Knock. Who's there? BOOM SHAKA LAKA!" :lol:
Which version did you get? 360?

I got tired of explaining myself to my family whenever I would say Boom-Shakalaka! So I picked up NBA Jam for $30 on Amazon and we played some last night. :confused: Good fun. Some good lines by the announcers. My favorite has to be "Knock Knock. Who's there? BOOM SHAKA LAKA!" :wall:
:goodposting:
We still gotta play some Magicka, but you know where to find me if you want some Boom-Shaka-Laka, too. (Yes, I have NBA Jam)

I thought there was an XBLA version fo NBA Jam. No?
It turned into a full retail release when NBA Elite 11 was cancelled.
Ah. So it's NBA Jam with updated rosters, correct?Might have to get that.
Yes. Lots of extra modes too. It's pretty good. My biggest complaint is that Right Trigger isn't used for turbo and can't be modified for turbo. It's very insignificant, but if that's my biggest complaint, that's not bad.

I thought there was an XBLA version fo NBA Jam. No?
It turned into a full retail release when NBA Elite 11 was cancelled.
Ah. So it's NBA Jam with updated rosters, correct?

Might have to get that.
Yes. Lots of extra modes too. It's pretty good. My biggest complaint is that Right Trigger isn't used for turbo and can't be modified for turbo. It's very insignificant, but if that's my biggest complaint, that's not bad.
Flash deal today via EAgames.com, apparently. $20 for NBA Jam for the 360.Here is the SD link:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.ph...8&t=2682545

ETA yeah I hate LT or LB as Turbo as well. :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Cow said:
Amazon increased their game credit to $20 with a Bulletstorm pre-order and also includes a free upgrade to the Limited Edition for those wanting to preorder and get the GoW3 beta.
Thank you! Question for you guys. If you pre-order something from amazon and then they add a bonus $10-$20 credit right before its release, do you still receive that if you ordered it before it was active?

Mad Cow said:
Thank you! Question for you guys. If you pre-order something from amazon and then they add a bonus $10-$20 credit right before its release, do you still receive that if you ordered it before it was active?
Usually yes.

SlaX said:
Mad Cow said:
SlaX said:
Mad Cow said:
I got tired of explaining myself to my family whenever I would say Boom-Shakalaka! So I picked up NBA Jam for $30 on Amazon and we played some last night. :wall: Good fun. Some good lines by the announcers. My favorite has to be "Knock Knock. Who's there? BOOM SHAKA LAKA!" :wall:
:rolleyes:
We still gotta play some Magicka, but you know where to find me if you want some Boom-Shaka-Laka, too. (Yes, I have NBA Jam)
4 player....

Drifter said:
Anybody going to pick up the Move Sharp shooter?
I like the idea but not sure I can pull the trigger and the current price since it also needs the navigation controller which is another $30 or whatever. I'm going to head over to Gamestop to check it out but I really don't see myself splurging on day one. Post reviews if you get it tho!

ODoyleRules said:
Killzone 3 now has $20 credit on Amazon with pre-order. Ordered mine this morning.
plus 0.99 release day shippingand 3 skill point + map pack preorder bonusI have been waiting patiently for quite a while and snap ordered when I saw this :lmao:

Mad Cow said:
I got tired of explaining myself to my family whenever I would say Boom-Shakalaka! So I picked up NBA Jam for $30 on Amazon and we played some last night. :lmao: Good fun. Some good lines by the announcers. My favorite has to be "Knock Knock. Who's there? BOOM SHAKA LAKA!" :lmao:
I read the new control scheme ruined the game. Any truth to this?

Tooooo many games coming out too soon. I still have Bioshock 1 and 2, Batman AA, and about 20 Steam games to play, and yet we have Crysis 2, Homefront (??), Bulletstorm, Deus Ex, etc. It's a good time to be a :goodposting: but I wish some of these games could have come out a couple of months ago. October to December is going to be crazy.

I can't believe I just dropped $60 on a game I'm not even really excited about just to play the gears 3 beta.

Super :)

I got tired of explaining myself to my family whenever I would say Boom-Shakalaka! So I picked up NBA Jam for $30 on Amazon and we played some last night. :goodposting: Good fun. Some good lines by the announcers. My favorite has to be "Knock Knock. Who's there? BOOM SHAKA LAKA!" :goodposting:
I read the new control scheme ruined the game. Any truth to this?
Don't remember the old controls but it's fine to me :thumbup:

If there are any Back to the Future fans on the fence about getting Back to the Future the Game by TellTale Games, I recommend you buy it. The game does the movie justice. If you aren't familiar with the game, they are the point-and-click adventure type games, kind of like Monkey Island, Sam & Max, and Maniac Mansion. The game is released in episodic content and now has the first two episodes available to play.

The first episode, titled "It's About Time" takes place after the trilogy, where the Brown residence is up for sale due to Doc's disappearance. The DeLorian travels back to retrieve Marty in order to save Doc, who is stuck in 1932. The newest episode, titled "Get Tannen" is a continuation of the first episode. The final 3 episodes will be released monthly in March, April and May. The game only costs $25 for all episodes and is a no brainer for any Back to the Future fan. You can buy the game on Steam, from the TellTale website, or on Playstation Network. (Game clips can be seen at the TellTale or Steam websites.)

If there are any Back to the Future fans on the fence about getting Back to the Future the Game by TellTale Games, I recommend you buy it. The game does the movie justice. If you aren't familiar with the game, they are the point-and-click adventure type games, kind of like Monkey Island, Sam & Max, and Maniac Mansion. The game is released in episodic content and now has the first two episodes available to play.

The first episode, titled "It's About Time" takes place after the trilogy, where the Brown residence is up for sale due to Doc's disappearance. The DeLorian travels back to retrieve Marty in order to save Doc, who is stuck in 1932. The newest episode, titled "Get Tannen" is a continuation of the first episode. The final 3 episodes will be released monthly in March, April and May. The game only costs $25 for all episodes and is a no brainer for any Back to the Future fan. You can buy the game on Steam, from the TellTale website, or on Playstation Network. (Game clips can be seen at the TellTale or Steam websites.)
so PS3 you can buy it?? Just got one so not sure how the Network works

I saw on CAG that you can get the 1st episode for free here if you want to check it out 1st. Code is 121GIGAWATTS if it asks

I saw on CAG that you can get the 1st episode for free here if you want to check it out 1st. Code is 121GIGAWATTS if it asks
I wasn't sure if the offer was still good, but if it's still good, yes, you can use that offer. The PS3 version released on Feb 15th. http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/...e-game-ps3.html

I wasn't sure if the offer was still good, but if it's still good, yes, you can use that offer. The PS3 version released on Feb 15th. http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/...e-game-ps3.html
Cool DL now.BTW - I lost a lot of peeps on my friends list.

I think I added you, MadCow, JTG, Mobbin - I'm sure I'm missing others like GWB

Picked up Bulletstorm tonight. I really bought the game for the Gears beta, but Bulletstorm will hold me over for a bit. I haven't been on Xbox in damn near 3 weeks now.

Picked up Bulletstorm tonight. I really bought the game for the Gears beta, but Bulletstorm will hold me over for a bit. I haven't been on Xbox in damn near 3 weeks now.
Rumors going around that GoW3 Beta will hit in March for Epic Editions and a little bit in April for the people who get in the unspecified ways. Also, a big GoW3 announcement is to drop tomorrow.First impressions:RRoD at the very start of the game. - :lmao: Dialog(Vulgar and trying to hard) - :yawn: Story(Not expecting much, actually is kind of a downer). - :shrug: Gameplay(Solid, but will get old) - :mellow: Quick time events - :thumbdown: Looks to be an industry standard 6-10 hours campaign and then many more hours on the GoW3 Beta. I'll get my moneys worth in the Beta and will resell it for a decent amount. Not bad imo.

Just finished the Total War: Shogun 2 and Dragon Age 2 demos on Steam. Both played quite well. Dragon Age appears to be going with a more linear storyline (though the demo was obviously a very limited build meant to show off combat, mostly). Shogun looked amazing. Great artwork and the individual unit animations are crazy good. AI seems to still suck a bit, though.

Finished Mass Effect 1. :cool:

This is a big accomplishment for me. ;) I think I'll tackle finishing Bioshock next.

Doing a third playthrough of Mass Effect 2. This time as a female half compassionate/half ruthless. Showing compassion to the good and mercilesness to the vile.

There's a certain satisfaction to be gained in shoving a smug villain out a 200 story window. :own3d:

Looking at things, aside from the mountain of games I still have to finish, I am most anxious for Battlefield 3 and The Old Republic. Guild Wars 2 holds a fair amount of attention, as well, as does Diablo 3. :nerd:

Doing a third playthrough of Mass Effect 2. This time as a female half compassionate/half ruthless. Showing compassion to the good and mercilesness to the vile.

There's a certain satisfaction to be gained in shoving a smug villain out a 200 story window. :own3d:
I believe this is redundant to say.

Haven't seen this posted yet, but Amazon is doing Video Games in their Gold Box deals today.

Right now it's Medal of Honor for 360/PS3 for $19. Some possible interesting stuff later today:

10am PST A nintendo RPG

2pm PST probably a deal on madden football

7pm PST may be a deal on Civ V

Besides that, so wii games and rock band stuff throughout the day.

Not sure if there will actually be any great deals in there, but figured I'd pass it along.

Supposedly I am getting a bonus from my company next Friday (fingers crossed,) someone please talk me out of a Playstation 3?

I can't check too many sites at work.

Anyone have any clue when the 2nd episode for Back to the Future releases for the PS3

Haven't seen this posted yet, but Amazon is doing Video Games in their Gold Box deals today.Right now it's Medal of Honor for 360/PS3 for $19. Some possible interesting stuff later today:10am PST A nintendo RPG2pm PST probably a deal on madden football7pm PST may be a deal on Civ VBesides that, so wii games and rock band stuff throughout the day.Not sure if there will actually be any great deals in there, but figured I'd pass it along.
6AM: Plants vs Zombies7AM: Medal of Honor9AM: Rock Band 3 Midi Pro Adapter for Wii10AM: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation for NDS11AM: Nerf N-Strike Double: Blast Bundle for Wii1PM: Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle for Wii2PM: Madden 114PM: Wii Sports Resort 8-in-1 Sports Pack5PM: Dance Dance Revolution Bundle for $27.997PM: Civilization 59PM: Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller for Wii

I can't check too many sites at work.Anyone have any clue when the 2nd episode for Back to the Future releases for the PS3
I'm not sure. I can't find any official word from TellTale. Many sites are listing the PS3 version as already available and already have it reviewed, but they may have reviewed the PC version for the PS3 review. At worst, since the first episode wasn't released on PS3 until this month, you guys may not get the newer episodes until a month after the PC version gets them. If I see any news about it, I'll post it here.

Supposedly I am getting a bonus from my company next Friday (fingers crossed,) someone please talk me out of a Playstation 3?
I just picked up one of the PS3 slims from Amazon (my old PS 3 died). The new one is great. Amazon sold the 160GB version for $299 with a $50 gift card. We shop a ton on amazon so the gift card was perfect for us.As a bonus I picked up $72 on Ebay for the broken PS3.Hope you get it. Has provided me years of entertainment and hope to get more good years from it.

I just picked up one of the PS3 slims from Amazon (my old PS 3 died). The new one is great. Amazon sold the 160GB version for $299 with a $50 gift card. We shop a ton on amazon so the gift card was perfect for us.As a bonus I picked up $72 on Ebay for the broken PS3.

Hope you get it. Has provided me years of entertainment and hope to get more good years from it.
You aren't helping him. He wanted to be talked out of it. Buckna, don't get a PS3. It will suck up all your free time with awesomeness. There, I did my part.

Too bad we know little about the game itself. If this is built on the Dead Rising engine I will avoid like the plague. I hated Dead Risings control.

It took a long time, I have a 360 but I borke down with the $50 credit. Basically getting the Show for free.If it makes you feel better I have only watched 2 blue rays and finished both Uncharteds. Just downloaded Killzone 3 demo and Back to the Future EPS 1.Not getting a ton of use yet. demos take forever to download lol. However YOU have to get one.Is there a PS3 tag thread? Mine is the same as the one in my sig for xbox.

'SlaX said:
'NewlyRetired said:
I just picked up one of the PS3 slims from Amazon (my old PS 3 died). The new one is great. Amazon sold the 160GB version for $299 with a $50 gift card. We shop a ton on amazon so the gift card was perfect for us.As a bonus I picked up $72 on Ebay for the broken PS3.

Hope you get it. Has provided me years of entertainment and hope to get more good years from it.
You aren't helping him. He wanted to be talked out of it. Buckna, don't get a PS3. It will suck up all your free time with awesomeness. There, I did my part.
LOL, thanks! I didn't see the deal with the $50 giftcard, but did see the Bulletstorm one which got me thinking about it. Figure if I get that one, I can just sell Bulletstorm on ebay like I do with all my used games. I definitely want to try out some PS3 games like the Uncharted's. Only barely resisted the temptation back at christmas.

I should know for certain by Wednesday what our numbers are. We haven't gotten a regular bonus for the last few years so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I want a new toy dangit!

Users who are viewing this thread