What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (8 Viewers)

As far as I know, this version isn't cross compatible.

But the more I'm talking to friends and old game buddies, we all seem to agree this is the best in probably 7/8 years. I'd recommend anyone in here who has (understandably) given up on the COD franchise to seriously give this one consideration.
Count me in then.  I loved Black Ops

As far as I know, this version isn't cross compatible.

But the more I'm talking to friends and old game buddies, we all seem to agree this is the best in probably 7/8 years. I'd recommend anyone in here who has (understandably) given up on the COD franchise to seriously give this one consideration.
Ugh. This is the COD where I finally said I'm not buying any more CODs. I really don't want to get drug back in and I HATE that Activision refuses to ditch their DLC map model that fragments the player base and kills games way too early.

GroveDiesel said:
Ugh. This is the COD where I finally said I'm not buying any more CODs. I really don't want to get drug back in and I HATE that Activision refuses to ditch their DLC map model that fragments the player base and kills games way too early.
The season pass is intended to cut down on the fragmentation. Either you haveall the dlc, or none of it. 

The season pass is intended to cut down on the fragmentation. Either you haveall the dlc, or none of it. 
I guarantee that only a fraction of people will purchase the Season Pass.

I much much prefer the way BFV is doing it where they'll put out a crapload of visual microtransaction stuff you can buy (similar to Fortnite) while offering all new map packs for free.

I guarantee that only a fraction of people will purchase the Season Pass.

I much much prefer the way BFV is doing it where they'll put out a crapload of visual microtransaction stuff you can buy (similar to Fortnite) while offering all new map packs for free.
Then only a fraction of the people are splinted off. Is that so horrible? :Shrug: 

Been in the same rut. My fear is I don't have much time to play so I don't want to start a long game. Been just playing some quick hit stuff like Rocket League.
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm in a rut so much as I find I don't have the patience to deal with aspects of some games.

For example I finally got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition for the first time.  I probably got 10-15 hours in and, while it is certainly an amazing game on many levels I simply cannot stand how many stupid loot items you need to collect to gain xp, focus, influence etc., and the crafting system makes me want to punch a baby holding a puppy.  My goodness cycling between each character trying to determine if each piece of armor is high enough, or the hilts and pommels and runes and whatevers you can add to each weapon and piece of armor is the best option etc. It's beyond tedious.  The execution of the crafting system is so ham fisted (IMO) that they should have simply eliminated it entirely.  You already have 10 million dialogue options with dozens of characters to work through (which I generally like because it brings life to the story) so to have to spend hours on end trying to figure out who is carrying what item and if you can/should improve their kit and how to do it simply has ruined the experience for me.  I'm walking away.

By contrast I was on the road for two months and my travel rig can't handle DA:I so I jumped in for another play through of Mass Effect 2. Now that game has a ton of dialogue to work through, but it adds so much to the story as to be entirely worth it (in DA:I it adds a lot too).  Now Bioware ###### up royal with the planetary mining system in ME2 but the easy workaround is to go to a wiki and find out which planets are high in whichever elements you need, which saves hours of mindlessly scanning every planet in every system so the crafting system becomes a simple merchant transaction which is great.  They have simple upgrades that apply to all weapons of a class (Assault Rifle damage boost 1 bumps the damage for all assault rifle types, you don't have to apply it to each individual assault rifle carried by your party like you do in DA:I).

At any rate DA:I may be great but I simply don't have the patience for all of the micro-managing that seems to be required.

And ME:2 is one of the greatest games of all time...right up until the stupid Reaper/Human Baby Boss fight.  What was that all about?

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm in a rut so much as I find I don't have the patience to deal with aspects of some games.

For example I finally got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition for the first time.  I probably got 10-15 hours in and, while it is certainly an amazing game on many levels I simply cannot stand how many stupid loot items you need to collect to gain xp, focus, influence etc., and the crafting system makes me want to punch a baby holding a puppy.  My goodness cycling between each character trying to determine if each piece of armor is high enough, or the hilts and pommels and runes and whatevers you can add to each weapon and piece of armor is the best option etc. It's beyond tedious.  The execution of the crafting system is so ham fisted (IMO) that they should have simply eliminated it entirely.  You already have 10 million dialogue options with dozens of characters to work through (which I generally like because it brings life to the story) so to have to spend hours on end trying to figure out who is carrying what item and if you can/should improve their kit and how to do it simply has ruined the experience for me.  I'm walking away.

By contrast I was on the road for two months and my travel rig can't handle DA:I so I jumped in for another play through of Mass Effect 2. Now that game has a ton of dialogue to work through, but it adds so much to the story as to be entirely worth it (in DA:I it adds a lot too).  Now Bioware ###### up royal with the planetary mining system in ME2 but the easy workaround is to go to a wiki and find out which planets are high in whichever elements you need, which saves hours of mindlessly scanning every planet in every system so the crafting system becomes a simple merchant transaction which is great.  They have simple upgrades that apply to all weapons of a class (Assault Rifle damage boost 1 bumps the damage for all assault rifle types, you don't have to apply it to each individual assault rifle carried by your party like you do in DA:I).

At any rate DA:I may be great but I simply don't have the patience for all of the micro-managing that seems to be required.

And ME:2 is one of the greatest games of all time...right up until the stupid Reaper/Human Baby Boss fight.  What was that all about?
Yea ME2 really dumbed it down when compared to ME1. Mainly because you spent hours looking over the stats to try to find the best equipment and it still came down to finding cover and being a good shot. So very little difference attained in the high level armor and weapons. 

As for the Human Reaper Boss, yea I don't know what they were smoking. Because none of the reapers look like that. They all look like Leviathan. They just kind of glossed over that part in ME3 and pretended it didn't happen. ME2 was fantastic for characters and high level world building. The main story though was kind of weak.

Sadly, I am close to finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I am biased (Tomb Raider and Uncharted are my favorite games) but its a great game. If you like puzzles, and climbing and exploring - this is the game for you. 

As a contrast - I didn't really like God of War. It was just all fighting. SotTR isn't like that at all. And, therefore, is a much better game. Its what Assassins Creed used to be before they gave up the puzzles for all fighting.

Yea ME2 really dumbed it down when compared to ME1. Mainly because you spent hours looking over the stats to try to find the best equipment and it still came down to finding cover and being a good shot. So very little difference attained in the high level armor and weapons. 

As for the Human Reaper Boss, yea I don't know what they were smoking. Because none of the reapers look like that. They all look like Leviathan. They just kind of glossed over that part in ME3 and pretended it didn't happen. ME2 was fantastic for characters and high level world building. The main story though was kind of weak.
I'm going to disagree about the overall story, which I thought was top notch. It answered questions about the Protheans, and, as you say the character and world building were amazing. For me it only fell flat with the specific Reaper building end game.  Even just converting humans into "new" collectors would have been better than Reaper Baby.

I'm going to disagree about the overall story, which I thought was top notch. It answered questions about the Protheans, and, as you say the character and world building were amazing. For me it only fell flat with the specific Reaper building end game.  Even just converting humans into "new" collectors would have been better than Reaper Baby.
See I thought the story of chasing Reaper henchmen was a big step down from fighting the big guys themselves. It felt like we were doing a lot of things that in the grand scheme were unnecessary. Yea we we're trying to save those couple thoust humans from being killed but the reapers were still going to be here soon to annihilate trillions.

That's why ME3 to me has the better overall story (minus the ending nonsense even after the fixes). The whole Galaxy was at war and you felt it. ME2 is still a really good game mind you. I just rank them 1, 3 and then 2.

Sadly, I am close to finishing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I am biased (Tomb Raider and Uncharted are my favorite games) but its a great game. If you like puzzles, and climbing and exploring - this is the game for you. 

As a contrast - I didn't really like God of War. It was just all fighting. SotTR isn't like that at all. And, therefore, is a much better game. Its what Assassins Creed used to be before they gave up the puzzles for all fighting.
Funny, these are probably 2 of my favorite 3 games of all time (with Horizon Zero Dawn as the other). I haven't picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider yet as now I am playing RDR2. I loved the new GoW. Its definitely all fighting and that are definitely not considered the same type of games.

See I thought the story of chasing Reaper henchmen was a big step down from fighting the big guys themselves. It felt like we were doing a lot of things that in the grand scheme were unnecessary. Yea we we're trying to save those couple thoust humans from being killed but the reapers were still going to be here soon to annihilate trillions.

That's why ME3 to me has the better overall story (minus the ending nonsense even after the fixes). The whole Galaxy was at war and you felt it. ME2 is still a really good game mind you. I just rank them 1, 3 and then 2.
Interesting, I'd think most people would go the complete opposite way (2, 3,1).  Don't get me wrong, love the series top to bottom, just an interesting take I don't see much.  Personally I kinda love going rogue in 2.  I stay largely "good", but don't get in my damn way... it ends badly.

Not going to defend DA:I too much because it was a frustrating game for me in a lot of respects, and in retrospect it was a harbinger in a lot of ways of the bad things to come in ME:A. But the crafting system in that game is very skippable - you can find gear that is just about as good as anything you craft fairly easily. I don’t think any of the crafting was necessary unless perhaps you were playing at the highest difficulty. 

Not going to defend DA:I too much because it was a frustrating game for me in a lot of respects, and in retrospect it was a harbinger in a lot of ways of the bad things to come in ME:A. But the crafting system in that game is very skippable - you can find gear that is just about as good as anything you craft fairly easily. I don’t think any of the crafting was necessary unless perhaps you were playing at the highest difficulty. 
I almost never like games that have big loot systems and big crafting systems.  By the end of the game one always tends to destroy the other.  For DA:I I found crafting worthless at the end because I almost always found loot that was better then the stuff I could craft.  For W3 it was the opposite for me, once I got the master level witcher gear that fit my playstyle the best, I really never care what stuff ended up finding.  I usually think most games would be better concentrating on one or the other for the unique stuff.

Thank you for that, I may go back to it then.  As a gamer I fall under the "Loot Whore" label and sometimes I just feel a compulsive need to find all the loots and craft all the bests gizmos.  A game like this is terrible for my neuroses.

Thank you for that, I may go back to it then.  As a gamer I fall under the "Loot Whore" label and sometimes I just feel a compulsive need to find all the loots and craft all the bests gizmos.  A game like this is terrible for my neuroses.
As a completionist this is a struggle for me too. But if you can find a way to ignore the crafting and all the fetch side quests, there’s a decent story and game in there. 

Agree with this 100%. I think the most I ever did as far as crafting was to upgrade an already powerful item by adding a different part. I don't know that I ever crafted an item from scratch until almost the very end when you gain a couple of additional powers.

So on the list for me currently to possibly buy:

PS4

-BLOPS

-RDR2

Switch

-Splatoon 2

-Zelda ( I know)

-Super Smash

PC

-Sea of Thieves

....and I have zero time.....

So, for PC gamers, Destiny 2 is FREE to own forever from now until November 18.  You just need to use your Battle.net account, or at least create one. The deets

once again Blizzard has left me feeling like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football.  What an incredibly disappointing Diablo announcement.

Not a huge announcement, but i'm kinda excited for the HD re-master of Warcraft III.  that was probably my favorite strategy campaign ever.  I didn't play that multiplayer like I did StarCraft and Warcraft II, but had a ton of fun single player.

Path of Exile is taking advantage of Blizzards PR Diablo disaster.  Yesterday POE announced a really cool new game feature, and today they just announced that POE will be available on PS4 in December.  And next week POE will announce the new league.   

Disenchanted Diablo players are flooding into POE.   What a shame Blizzard screwed this up so bad.  The ARPG space has room for two good games.

Here is the cool pS4 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgS4mhLsypY

Last edited by a moderator:
Path of Exile is taking advantage of Blizzards PR Diablo disaster.  Yesterday POE announced a really cool new game feature, and today they just announced that POE will be available on PS4 in December.  And later today POE will announce the new league.   

Disenchanted Diablo players are flooding into POE.   What a shame Blizzard screwed this up so bad.  The ARPG space has room for two good games.

Here is the cool pS4 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgS4mhLsypY
WHAT ABOUT SWITCH!?

I picked up Diablo 3 on Switch and portable Diablo is fantastic, but it's painfully obvious that Diablo 3 is not as good as PoE is.    

WHAT ABOUT SWITCH!?

I picked up Diablo 3 on Switch and portable Diablo is fantastic, but it's painfully obvious that Diablo 3 is not as good as PoE is.    
I love both although I agree POE is simply better.   

I was not delusional enough to expect a Diablo 4 but I had fooled myself into hoping for a remaster of Diablo 2, which I never played.

Instead we got to witness the worst reveal arguably in gaming history.

The people who go to Blizzcon are preprogrammed to cheer a fart in church.  The fact that they were booing and asking if this was an April's Fool joke was cringe worthy.  I have no idea what Blizzard was thinking announcing this at Blizzcon.

Cliff notes on what the announcement was?
People were expecting an announcement that Diablo 4 was in the works, but instead were told that there was a new free-to-play Diablo game coming to mobile that's being created by a Chinese developer.  Things got awkward.  

@NewlyRetired Haven't seen you on Hearthstone much lately. Wanted to brag, made top 200 legend last month, and already legend on day 5 (top 100) this month. Playing in both DreamHack Atlanta next month and HCT Playoffs in Philadelphia Dec 14th through 16th - maybe I'll be on tv PogChamp . Getting a divorce freed up a #### ton of my time and I got back to ladder grinding. although we need the new expansion Ive been having fun with the game

@NewlyRetired Haven't seen you on Hearthstone much lately. Wanted to brag, made top 200 legend last month, and already legend on day 5 (top 100) this month. Playing in both DreamHack Atlanta next month and HCT Playoffs in Philadelphia Dec 14th through 16th - maybe I'll be on tv PogChamp . Getting a divorce freed up a #### ton of my time and I got back to ladder grinding. although we need the new expansion Ive been having fun with the game
I have taken my first break from Hearthstone in almost 4 years of play now.  I have been focusing on Path of Exile lately.  

I still follow the Hearthstone scene and watch a lot of the tournaments so I will keep an eye out for you :)  .

Top 200 legend is fantastic!  Congrats. 

Path of Exile is ruthless.

As everyone who follows gaming know Blizzard had the PR screw up of all time at Blizzcon basically spitting in the face of their Diablo fan base by announcing "Diablo Immortal".

Today Path of Exile announced another enormous expansion to the game entitled, Path of Exile: Betrayal in which the players have to battle The Immortal Syndicate.

People were expecting an announcement that Diablo 4 was in the works, but instead were told that there was a new free-to-play Diablo game coming to mobile that's being created by a Chinese developer.  Things got awkward.  
It was some of the best live action cringe I've seen in awhile.

Cliff notes on what the announcement was?
They told a room of hardcore PC gamers that paid thousands of dollars to come to Blizzard's personal advertising convention to be told that the next Diablo game will be a cheap mobile knock off with micro transactions.

Then when someone asked a question about whether they would eventually port it over to PC, they said empathically no. So they got booed. To which they replied "You all have phones don't you?"

Pretty generic question I know, but looking for feedback...always been a Nintendo gamer growing up, but wanted to get the kids into something different.

PS4 or Xbox One ???

Whats your take?  Kids are 9 and 7. 

Thanks all. 

Pretty generic question I know, but looking for feedback...always been a Nintendo gamer growing up, but wanted to get the kids into something different.

PS4 or Xbox One ???

Thanks all. 
Find out what their friends have. Get that. They'll be playing with them online soon enough. 

PS4 or Xbox One ???

Thanks all. 
PS4 has the better and wider array of exclusives. I'm biased but I've been with Sony my whole life. But yeah, like others said, get what your kids friends have.

PS4 has the better and wider array of exclusives. I'm biased but I've been with Sony my whole life. But yeah, like others said, get what your kids friends have.
I’m an Xbox guy and I’d generally agree, although with kids that age there’s probably no meaningful difference in the age-appropriate exclusives. 

PS4 or Xbox One ???

Thanks all. 
Both?

We have two Xbox's, PS4, and ps3 all hooked up. Xbox gets the most play, other than when the new Show comes out, and when college football kicks off. Then the PS3 is the leader with the boys playing the last version of college football made. We're primarily sports games though. 

New Xbox One X system is fantastic.

I own both every iteration.

I skipped Xbox this year after the launch debacle.

PS4 is a great system.

I took advantage of the pre balck friday deal and glad I did

Any PS4 guys have thoughts on the Pro and whether it’s a must have or not?  There are some pretty good normal PS4 sales but haven’t seen any deals on the Pro, and I’m wondering if it’s worth holding out for a bargain on the latter. 

Any PS4 guys have thoughts on the Pro and whether it’s a must have or not?  There are some pretty good normal PS4 sales but haven’t seen any deals on the Pro, and I’m wondering if it’s worth holding out for a bargain on the latter. 
I just upgraded a couple months ago to a Pro. I wouldn't necessarily call it a must have. Depends if the 4K experience is really worth it to you. Now I mean...if I happened to have an OLED 4K tv, then yes I'd call a Pro a must have. It really comes down to how much 4K visuals mean to you.

As far as sales, not sure if there will be anything, and even if there is, the availability will be extremely limited. There's been a national stock shortage for probably about the past year. I had to wait for anywhere, local retailer or online, about a month and a half from when I started looking for anybody to get one in. One day a shipment of like 4 came into my local gamestop. I reserved it early morning and traded in my regular PS4.

Then some friends of mine just told me last night that apparently Sony is skipping out completely on E3 next year. They think this is because they'll announce PS5 in 2020. Not hard to believe IMO. So if you do wanna get a Pro, I'd do it fairly soon as next gen may be revving up in a couple years.

My launch PS4 died and I replaced it with a pro.  I don't have a 4K set and I really don't notice much difference in visuals.  The extra HD space is nice to have, but I would have done just as well with a regular PS4.

(I'm probably picking up a 4K set this Christmas, so things will change not too far down the road).

Hey guys.  My boys love fortnite, but we currently only have an Xbox one. There's a great deal on a PS4 for Christmas right now.  Does anyone have the latest information on fortnite cross-platform between the two? I've googled it, but the latest I seem to be able to find is that Sony announced it would beta it back in September.  

It seems odd that I can't find any more recent information, but hoping someone in here might be able to help me out. Thanks!

Here's the deal. PS4 and Spiderman for $199

Hey guys.  My boys love fortnite, but we currently only have an Xbox one. There's a great deal on a PS4 for Christmas right now.  Does anyone have the latest information on fortnite cross-platform between the two? I've googled it, but the latest I seem to be able to find is that Sony announced it would beta it back in September.  

It seems odd that I can't find any more recent information, but hoping someone in here might be able to help me out. Thanks!

Here's the deal. PS4 and Spiderman for $199
Sony has always tried to make their stuff proprietary down to their own file types so it’s unlikey they will ever allow cross platform connections.

Users who are viewing this thread