What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

Just mash buttons until you start to learn more about the moves.
Pretty much this. All special attacks are basically combos of up, down, left, right and either A or B. So like Up+a is a heavy up attack. Down+ b is a light down attack and so on. Jumping is just hitting up on the stick. Takes getting used to. You can also do up +a and up + b while in the air to do a launch attack that will help to get you back to the platform.

Pretty much this. All special attacks are basically combos of up, down, left, right and either A or B. So like Up+a is a heavy up attack. Down+ b is a light down attack and so on. Jumping is just hitting up on the stick. Takes getting used to. You can also do up +a and up + b while in the air to do a launch attack that will help to get you back to the platform.
And when you get the glowing ball, press b to do the final smash. 

Starting Quantum Break now.  Not sure how I feel about the live action movie mixed with game play thing but I give them props already for trying something different.
I’m interested in your thoughts after you’ve played awhile. This game has been on my radar for a couple of years now but I never pull the truck ghee when it’s on sale cause I figure it’s only above average and I have to be very selective with my ga,in time these days 

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
I’m interested in your thoughts after you’ve played awhile. This game has been on my radar for a couple of years now but I never pull the truck ghee when it’s on sale cause I figure it’s only above average and I have to be very selective with my ga,in time these days 
Same. I keep a notepad list of games on my phone for when I’m looking for a new game and this has been on there for awhile. I always liked the Max Payne games and Alan Wake by the same developer, so I’m interested. 

I feel like I beat RDR2 today. 

Wife got me the PS4, I’ll hook it up tonight probably. Shadow of the Colossus is probably first because I need a shorter game, then onto Bloodborne.  

Pillars of Eternity quickly made my realize the 37" TV in my game room was not conducive to reading walls of text so I ordered the Samsung 49" NU8000 from the AAFES site today. $599.99, no tax, free delivery to the house. A leftover Black Friday sale I guess since it is normally $799.99.

Then went to Gamestop and traded in some older games during the used game B2G1 free sale and picked up:
Dark Souls III
Dishonored 2
Fallout 4
and walked out with a credit of $2.31. With GOW and Uncharted: Legacy still untouched, I think I'm set for quite a while.

Finally jumped into Divinity: Original Sin 2 on PS4 with my gf, we loved the first one. What a great game. I knew it would be, heard all the great things, knew it would be an improvement on the first one...but it still has surpassed my expectations. 

I'm controlling the undead Fane (2H Warfare/Necromancy hybrid with some polymorph) and the lizard man Red Prince (All around elementalist) while she controls the cannibal elf Sebille (Hunstman/Warfare) and the dwarf Beast (Summoner/Hydro). It's a blast so far with some reloads on tough battles. We're still on the beginner island mopping up side quests and finding all the loot. 

I feel like I beat RDR2 today. 

Wife got me the PS4, I’ll hook it up tonight probably. Shadow of the Colossus is probably first because I need a shorter game, then onto Bloodborne.  
Post back when you get into bloodborne.   I recently jumped into it and am loving it.  I don't put much time into it yet because of rdr2 but I'd like someone to help me figure this one out.  

Post back when you get into bloodborne.   I recently jumped into it and am loving it.  I don't put much time into it yet because of rdr2 but I'd like someone to help me figure this one out.  
You got it. Probably start that in a couple of weeks. Have gone through a decent bit of shadow of the colossus (defeated 5 of 16 colossi).  Ibe read it’s a 6-8 hour game and that’s about right. It’s pretty great.  

You got it. Probably start that in a couple of weeks. Have gone through a decent bit of shadow of the colossus (defeated 5 of 16 colossi).  Ibe read it’s a 6-8 hour game and that’s about right. It’s pretty great.  
Dang, had this as one of the three in my hand today but opted for Dishonered 2 instead.

For those that played Fallout 4, what's a good breakdown for starting stats? Even though I played all the Fallouts before that, it has been forever and I was clueless picking those. I only played like 20 minutes so figure I can restart if I totally boned it.

shadyridr said:
I love the Tomb Raider games. Nothing new but I love the platforming, exploration, and puzzle solving.
Forgot tomb raider came with the Xbox!!!

:) Need to fire it up

DallasDMac said:
Dang, had this as one of the three in my hand today but opted for Dishonered 2 instead.

For those that played Fallout 4, what's a good breakdown for starting stats? Even though I played all the Fallouts before that, it has been forever and I was clueless picking those. I only played like 20 minutes so figure I can restart if I totally boned it.
It can be had cheap.  The controls are wonky at first, but the game is incredible. 

As far as FO4, it’s been awhile but I out most of my points into pistols. I had one that was one shotting most guys pretty quickly. I do remember reading that melee was overpowered but I’ve never tried that in any FO games. 

The kids got Smash for Christmas. Along with Kirby and Mario Party.

Smash is great fun but I need to get the GameCube controller adapter. I'm too used to playing Melee and the new controller scheme feels weird. Seems like a load of fun though. They've added a ton of content to this one.
The Pro controller took a bit getting used to, but works really well with Smash.  I probably prefer to my old Gamecub controllers because the sticks are a bit worn out on those. I see you can buy new GC controllers though, so that is tempting.

For some reason I'm using Yoshi as my main on this one.

The Pro controller took a bit getting used to, but works really well with Smash.  I probably prefer to my old Gamecub controllers because the sticks are a bit worn out on those. I see you can buy new GC controllers though, so that is tempting.

Ness is my favorite

PK fire

Last edited by a moderator:

I was always Samus main. I've tried Zero Suit a bit and she's quick as hell but not very powerful. Also been trying to use Daisy. Some reason I like the female characters.

Fallout 4 - total newb question. I keep seeing videos of people going around sanctuary gathering everything, cars, trees, mailboxes, etc. I must have missed the initial intro tip on how to do this, or what to do with it. I gather it is collecting scrap and then breaking it down? How do you get in to the mode required to do that? I certainly wasn't presented with the opportunity to pick up a car, so I am sure I missed something.

I gotta say Quantum Break was one of the more interesting games I have played in awhile. The PC port is squirrelly, particularly with the "takedown" move (nice graphically but often puts you in a #### position when the animation ends). However I LOVE their approach to the story, the game action and live action story breaks work surprisingly well together (the recognizable actors and high quality production values go a long way). I was skeptical when I got to the first "junction" point but, y'know for me it ended up working. Would like to see more.

Forgot tomb raider came with the Xbox!!!

:) Need to fire it up
I picked the new one up this weekend with the season pass for $45 on the Xbox Countdown sale. I'm loving it. It's more of the same from the previous 2 games, but it's so well done and so polished, it's just a blast.

I picked the new one up this weekend with the season pass for $45 on the Xbox Countdown sale. I'm loving it. It's more of the same from the previous 2 games, but it's so well done and so polished, it's just a blast.
Great game, truly. It's a great series overall but this is the best installment, even if the cut scenes become frustratingly intrusive at times, particularly the ones you can't skip.

Question for you avid gamers - I'm NOT an avid gamer, and I don't play online, but I was wondering if the below is possible...

I have one Xbox One (not an X or an S...just an older One) in the basement.  I basically play XCom 2 right now.  I have a campaign on that box that I've been playing for a few days now.  I want to be able to play the SAME saved games in the bedroom on the TV there.  Is it possible to buy a 2nd Xbox One and mirror the games AND THE SAVES on the one in the basement?  I don't think just a long HDMI will work as we're now 2 floors apart, and the controller range won't reach.  I don't mind buying another console.  I'll just get a used one...I just don't have the option of moving my console around as it's physically installed into a rack-mount in the basement.

Question for you avid gamers - I'm NOT an avid gamer, and I don't play online, but I was wondering if the below is possible...

I have one Xbox One (not an X or an S...just an older One) in the basement.  I basically play XCom 2 right now.  I have a campaign on that box that I've been playing for a few days now.  I want to be able to play the SAME saved games in the bedroom on the TV there.  Is it possible to buy a 2nd Xbox One and mirror the games AND THE SAVES on the one in the basement?  I don't think just a long HDMI will work as we're now 2 floors apart, and the controller range won't reach.  I don't mind buying another console.  I'll just get a used one...I just don't have the option of moving my console around as it's physically installed into a rack-mount in the basement.
I actually think your saves are in the cloud, so have you tried just opening the game on the xb1 upstairs and checking?  If not, you can definitely pop a usb stick in the back and pull it off, but I don’t think that’s necessary. 

Edit: misread a bit. Yeah you just load your profile on the other. I have two. 

Fallout 4 - total newb question. I keep seeing videos of people going around sanctuary gathering everything, cars, trees, mailboxes, etc. I must have missed the initial intro tip on how to do this, or what to do with it. I gather it is collecting scrap and then breaking it down? How do you get in to the mode required to do that? I certainly wasn't presented with the opportunity to pick up a car, so I am sure I missed something.
You have to go into build mode. There should be a key or button (if on console) that you hold in to toggle it on and off. Once in the mode, things will highlight yellow that you can scrap.

If you play on console you hold that big square button in the middle for a bit to go into "construction mode". Works once you have activated the workshop. Then you can scrap stuff which gives you building materials

I bought Far Cry 5 over the Christmas break. I haven’t played since 3 because they ha e all basically been the same game but I was itching for a fun FPS shooter.

The main game is OK and pretty much the same as all the others but the arcade mode is amazing. Soooooo many user created maps. It’s exremely fun playing co-op.

Question for someone who’s played this more..... Isnit possible to play any death match/MP maps that DONT have respawns? I HATE games with respawns because there is very little strategy. 

I actually think your saves are in the cloud, so have you tried just opening the game on the xb1 upstairs and checking?  If not, you can definitely pop a usb stick in the back and pull it off, but I don’t think that’s necessary. 

Edit: misread a bit. Yeah you just load your profile on the other. I have two. 
Thanks - Do you know if the game itself can transfer too?  Is that in the cloud?  As simple as just logging into both consoles with the same profile?  (I haven't actually bought a 2nd unit yet, but I will if this works)

Thanks - Do you know if the game itself can transfer too?  Is that in the cloud?  As simple as just logging into both consoles with the same profile?  (I haven't actually bought a 2nd unit yet, but I will if this works)
The games should all be attached to your profile. So like how you go into games and apps and can download a game you might have deleted, you just do the same thing and start downloading everything.  It takes awhile to get it all setup. 

Here’s the faq portion - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/enable-network-game-transfer-xbox-one

If you play on console you hold that big square button in the middle for a bit to go into "construction mode". Works once you have activated the workshop. Then you can scrap stuff which gives you building materials
Thanks to you and Insein. Found a good tutorial video after awhile. Helped quite a bit, though I haven't had time to even try and play with it yet.

Fallout 4 is just kicking my butt. I feel lost. Went to the library and met with the Minuteman guy. Took them back to Sanctuary. Built a structure, got them their beds. Planted food but not enough. Went off to Tenpines based on his request. They sent me to the Corvega Assembly plant. I sniped and killed everyone outside, but inside, I'm getting tore up. Is it just to early for me to be there? Should I be blowing that off and going to Diamond City? Maybe I've been away from open world games to long, but I'm just really not feeling this one so far. I just feel under-powered for just about everything.

DallasDMac said:
Fallout 4 is just kicking my butt. I feel lost. Went to the library and met with the Minuteman guy. Took them back to Sanctuary. Built a structure, got them their beds. Planted food but not enough. Went off to Tenpines based on his request. They sent me to the Corvega Assembly plant. I sniped and killed everyone outside, but inside, I'm getting tore up. Is it just to early for me to be there? Should I be blowing that off and going to Diamond City? Maybe I've been away from open world games to long, but I'm just really not feeling this one so far. I just feel under-powered for just about everything.
Is that the one with all the robots?

DallasDMac said:
I had a lot of trouble with Corvega early on as well, easy to get overwhelmed with the number of enemies plus they aren't afraid to throw grenades and Molotov's at you in close quarters which tripped me up most often. I think I left, leveled up a few times and came back with dogmeat as a companion to help out.

Aside from that I did a lot of sniping and hiding until the danger or caution went away. Still had to be careful on the roof in the steel girders with the number of enemies out there and not much cover.

I had a lot of trouble with Corvega early on as well, easy to get overwhelmed with the number of enemies plus they aren't afraid to throw grenades and Molotov's at you in close quarters which tripped me up most often. I think I left, leveled up a few times and came back with dogmeat as a companion to help out.

Aside from that I did a lot of sniping and hiding until the danger or caution went away. Still had to be careful on the roof in the steel girders with the number of enemies out there and not much cover.

Actually remembering back now I think Corvega was one of my favorite parts of the game. It’s been so long though. If I had to start over, I never would have gone to the minutemen and just saved myself from all of the building missions. 

DallasDMac said:
Out of curiosity, what difficulty level are you playing on? Either way, that early sequence you're describing is usually a slog to get through on any type of play-through of this game, at least in my experience.

But yeah, everything opens up when you get to Diamond City. Follow your instincts and get there as soon as you can. You'll acquire a whole bunch of quests all over the map and be able to level up faster. There will be all kinds of locations nearby to discover and clear, which will help you start having some freedom to get XP in different ways. You'll notice a big difference in your power around level 15-20, as long as you are making wise decisions when picking perks. Soon, you'll be able to go back to Corvega and destroy those Raiders without much effort.

But before you hit Diamond City, might I suggest you at least hit the Cambridge police station along the way to help out the Brotherhood, and then do the first intro mission with them. This will help level you up enough to make the trek to Diamond City. DC is in the middle of a busy area, and you may need to kind of sneak around until you can find a reasonably safe path through the trash and  avoid most of the faction battles going on around there.

Tip for early game: I don't know if you've acquired the armor perk yet, but being able to improve armor a tier or two early on really helps. Damage mitigation on this game matters, and the way the damage resistance formula works, you want to get as much as you can ASAP to be able to take some hits.

I managed to finish Corvega though I never could find the key to that ammo storage area. That sucked. I'm armed for bear, have explosives out the yang, but am stopped by a door. OK...

Currently about to take the elevator up to the top of the building to help out the Brotherhood with their transmitter. Just fired off the engine and had a synth BBQ.

So yea, finally progressing. Just had to get back in to proper Fallout mode I guess.

Edit: Oh, level. I bumped up one from the default difficulty level.

I'd stayed away from The Surge for a while because of the 'mixed' reviews on Steam.  But always thought it looked cool.  Apparently there were some issues early on.  Reviews lately however are very positive.  

A year and a half later, on supersale, this game feels like an absolute gem.  It is like a scifi Dark Souls, where your dude is a mech with different attachable parts.  I beat all three so I don't say that lightly.  Your character looks like he's wearing car parts for armor. 

Different weapons have different move sets, your strength with each weapon type (1-handed, "single-rigged," "twin-rigged") levels as you play.  Combat feels fluid, kinetic and impactful- everything hits really hard.  To unlock new armor and weapons, you have to sever the limb of the equipment you want (leg armor, helmet, weapon etc.).  I was surprised at how visceral and brutal the fighting is.  You'll die a lot.  

I like that you can 'bank' the tech salvage (or 'souls') you collect, instead of having to carry the ones you couldn't spend.  There's a lot for action rpg players to chew on here.  

The atmosphere is dark and industrial.  The game has a really vibrant color scheme and the sound design is awesome. At times it's pretty unnerving.  I was lurking around in this dark basement underground wearing headphones, and my gf scared me to death when she tapped me on the shoulder to say good night.  It reminds me of Dead Space and Event Horizon in a way.  I'm about 10 hours in so I have ways to go, but I'm enjoying this one a lot so far.  

I'd stayed away from The Surge for a while because of the 'mixed' reviews on Steam.  But always thought it looked cool.  Apparently there were some issues early on.  Reviews lately however are very positive.  

A year and a half later, on supersale, this game feels like an absolute gem.  It is like a scifi Dark Souls, where your dude is a mech with different attachable parts.  I beat all three so I don't say that lightly.  Your character looks like he's wearing car parts for armor. 

Different weapons have different move sets, your strength with each weapon type (1-handed, "single-rigged," "twin-rigged") levels as you play.  Combat feels fluid, kinetic and impactful- everything hits really hard.  To unlock new armor and weapons, you have to sever the limb of the equipment you want (leg armor, helmet, weapon etc.).  I was surprised at how visceral and brutal the fighting is.  You'll die a lot.  

I like that you can 'bank' the tech salvage (or 'souls') you collect, instead of having to carry the ones you couldn't spend.  There's a lot for action rpg players to chew on here.  

The atmosphere is dark and industrial.  The game has a really vibrant color scheme and the sound design is awesome. At times it's pretty unnerving.  I was lurking around in this dark basement underground wearing headphones, and my gf scared me to death when she tapped me on the shoulder to say good night.  It reminds me of Dead Space and Event Horizon in a way.  I'm about 10 hours in so I have ways to go, but I'm enjoying this one a lot so far.  
You may have just swayed me. I played the demo for a bit and really liked it but felt at the time it wasn’t going to really change much after the first level. I felt like it was a poor mans dark souls set in the future.

Its on sale all the time so maybe I’ll grab it next time. Thanks Ren. 

You may have just swayed me. I played the demo for a bit and really liked it but felt at the time it wasn’t going to really change much after the first level. I felt like it was a poor mans dark souls set in the future.

I’m intrigued now too. I did not care for Lords of the Fallen or whatever their first game was called. It was too clunky, but this does sound good. 

Im nearing the end of Shadow of the Colossus. If they would update the controls, it would probably come into my top 10 but it’s so clunky.  

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I think you'll like it.  We'll see how it fleshes out but I can definitely cosign the reviews on that page so far.  I'm playing it with max settings on PC with an xbone controller.  

So I beat Shadow of the Colossus. The game is good, really good actually. It also has controls that desperately need to be upgraded to something more modern, because as the Colossi became more involved, the controls became much more cumbersome. I went from really enjoying the early game stuff to being very frustrated by the late game stuff. 

Overall: A-

Following that, I have installed and updated Bloodborne GOTY edition. I’m a little geeked about it - time to get gud. 

Users who are viewing this thread