What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

Ok, question. I’m doing the ‘Space Anomaly’ mission. I have now warped to over 30 systems, and it keeps telling me the target is in another system. And there is no end in sight. I probably have close to 10 hours into this one mission. In the galaxy map, I have current mission selected, and there are green lines seemingly leading me towards the anomaly. It will show 5 jumps at a time, but I never get any closer. I’m going insane and thinking about re-starting. 

Any thoughts?
I think you can call the anomaly from the menu

About to get our third Xbox for the game room/man cave.  My older son is about to start his senior year, so I'm a little anxious to take any advantage of my limited daily time with him I have left.  He, I and my youngest (about to be a junior) love playing NBA2k.  We're getting the third Xbox so we can play 3 on 3 as a team at the playground.

I coached both of them in grade school and middle school, so the three of us are on the same page basketball wise.  It will be interesting to see if it works in the game.
Picked up the third Xbox last night.  Moved some TVs around, so we now have three in a row, lined up with our three leather recliners in the game room.

Wife walks by as I'm hooking stuff up, and my 17 year old is helping.  She said something derogatory about too many TVs or video game systems or whatnot (three TVs, three Xboxs, PS4, PS3, Wii, not sure what her problem is).  I said to her "this is now officially the man cave."  She rolls her eyes and walks away.  I say to my son, "like she didn't already know."

17 year old is helping me, moving entertainment systems, even went and got the drill and took the glass doors off one entertainment system.  He observed it was going to be too hot with the doors on for the Xbox.  The whole time he's helping he's saying "this is so cool...this is so cool."  I appreciated his excitement, but I'm not sure what the huge jump is from two TVs to three. 

As I was hooking up the PS3 (formerly in a different room) and Xbox, I tell my 16 and 17 year old sons the obligatory story I tell every time I have to hook something up; "when I was 5 I could hook up our new Atari to a TV, and I needed a screwdriver for that!"

Ok, question. I’m doing the ‘Space Anomaly’ mission. I have now warped to over 30 systems, and it keeps telling me the target is in another system. And there is no end in sight. I probably have close to 10 hours into this one mission. In the galaxy map, I have current mission selected, and there are green lines seemingly leading me towards the anomaly. It will show 5 jumps at a time, but I never get any closer. I’m going insane and thinking about re-starting. 

Any thoughts?
Also, the galaxy map should show you the system you need to warp to.  If you have that quest as the one you're working on it should show where the anomaly is.

Greedfall appears to be about the same length - 60 hours or so.   I'm a sucker for stuff that's a bit unique and both of these look pretty good from that perspective.
Sounds interesting. I actually like the idea of shorter RPG's. I loved Witcher 3 and am loving fallout 4, but I'm so obsessive I can't make them any shorter. A well composed RPG designed for under 100 hours is perfect

I'm around level 35 or so.  I got a full set of legendary armor off one of the cultist leaders I tracked down.  At one point, each individual piece of armor was going to set me back 400+ pieces of leather (plus other stuff) to bring it up to my current level.  Now granted, that was a jump of like 10 levels, not just one, but there's no way I'm grinding for that much leather, wood, etc.  The money wasn't even the limiting constraint -- it was the materials.
You guys realize you can break down all the old equipment you are carrying for resources

Hoping to try out the Beyond update in No Man's Sky tonight.  They've definitely come a long way, and as a company I'll be looking to support Hello Games future projects.
This game is looking really tempting these days.  For them to follow through on this game the way they did after that atrocious launch (when they could have walked away with millions of dollars) shows a lot of character.  I've been giving a lot of thought to picking it up; it does have co-op working now right?  

This game is looking really tempting these days.  For them to follow through on this game the way they did after that atrocious launch (when they could have walked away with millions of dollars) shows a lot of character.  I've been giving a lot of thought to picking it up; it does have co-op working now right?  
Yes, I haven't done a lot with that yet, but you see a lot more people if you want to  now.

Anyone playing Remnant: From the Ashes?

Given all the Dark Souls, Bloodborne, The Surge love in here over the years, seems like it would be popular.

Apparently it's a surprise hit. Souls-like with guns and lots of elements of the world are randomly generated each playthrough for more replayability. And I guess the level up system is more "create-a-class" where you can mix and match stuff. 

ConnSKINS26 said:
Anyone playing Remnant: From the Ashes?

Given all the Dark Souls, Bloodborne, The Surge love in here over the years, seems like it would be popular.

Apparently it's a surprise hit. Souls-like with guns and lots of elements of the world are randomly generated each playthrough for more replayability. And I guess the level up system is more "create-a-class" where you can mix and match stuff. 
I did quite a bit of research on this one.  The reviews I read made it sound like some of the bosses are are extremely hard playing solo and really demand co-op.  If anybody here plays it and tells me otherwise, I'm all ears, because you're right that in some ways this sounds like it would be right up my alley.

I did quite a bit of research on this one.  The reviews I read made it sound like some of the bosses are are extremely hard playing solo and really demand co-op.  If anybody here plays it and tells me otherwise, I'm all ears, because you're right that in some ways this sounds like it would be right up my alley.
It looks interesting. I still haven’t played Sekiro either. 

My Bloodborne run was pretty much the one time I was addicted to start to finish this year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Remnant looks a whole lot like gears of war to me. It’s got the duck-in-out-cover system and I even saw some wall bouncing. 

I’ll give it a try after we’re done with Outward. 

Finished Spider-Man for PS4 and all of its DLC, and thought it was a fantastic game, my favorite of the PS4 exclusives. I’d probably rank the ones I played as Spider-Man, UC4, Horizon, God of War, and UC Lost Legacy. If I didn’t have a strong preference for the Xbox controller and a nostalgic connection to the Halo franchise, I’d probably switch to PS as my main console next gen. 

Control has gotten pretty good reviews.  Amazon has it for $10 off, so I decided to go ahead and take the plunge.  Apparently it has some performance issues on the base consoles but runs at a steady 30 FPS on the X and Pro. 

Control has gotten pretty good reviews.  Amazon has it for $10 off, so I decided to go ahead and take the plunge.  Apparently it has some performance issues on the base consoles but runs at a steady 30 FPS on the X and Pro. 
This is the new remedy game, right?  That’ll be on my list - I still need to play Quantum Break though. 

You guys realize you can break down all the old equipment you are carrying for resources
Of course. But it really seems the best options for resource acquisition is the War Chests and boarding boats. Working up the mercenary tree is also very important because, to your point you get great loot and you get huge price breaks on upgrades as you work up the tiers.

Of course. But it really seems the best options for resource acquisition is the War Chests and boarding boats. Working up the mercenary tree is also very important because, to your point you get great loot and you get huge price breaks on upgrades as you work up the tiers.
I guess I didn't find this to be much of an issue but then again I did every ? and mission in the game :bag:

One thing that I am finding particularly frustrating, and it's ultimately a small thing, is the lack of body disposal/indoor hiding options. No armoires or baskets to duck into to avoid detection or hide your clean indoor kills.  So you either need to leave the body in the open or lug it outside and chuck it over a wall, which is often far less intuitive than it should be.
Did you see there's a perk to "auto-hide" all assassinations? It may not make much real-world sense but it's extremely convenient.

Got home from work last night to a 3 hour login queue. I figure I might be able to play sometime this weekend. 
I hadn't spent a consecutive 2 hours in-game in over 4-5 years. The 2 I spent last night were SUCH a nostalgia rush.

Smile lads, we're home.

I hadn't spent a consecutive 2 hours in-game in over 4-5 years. The 2 I spent last night were SUCH a nostalgia rush.

Smile lads, we're home.
So what’s the allure of this? Original (classic) game and ruleset but with the newer graphics? 

So what’s the allure of this? Original (classic) game and ruleset but with the newer graphics? 
Same rules, same models.  New infrastructure (if I understand correctly).

The allure for me is a more social, less spoon-fed version of WoW.

Mostly just a chance to reconnect with old friends.

I might actually try to raid in Classic. My first time 'round I was on a laptop that I was using in college and it couldn't handle raiding. I was a long-time member of my guild though and when they could clear MC with 39 I got taken through the slideshow and was allowed to start my Rok/Lok quest.

I plan on being able to experience all of that in better than 10 FPS this time.

I might actually try to raid in Classic. My first time 'round I was on a laptop that I was using in college and it couldn't handle raiding. I was a long-time member of my guild though and when they could clear MC with 39 I got taken through the slideshow and was allowed to start my Rok/Lok quest.

I plan on being able to experience all of that in better than 10 FPS this time.

I would like to try and be an entire raid, but that is outside of my budget and time.

I am going full on multi-box with a warrior - lock - priest - mage - mage. I am not planning on pvping as that would be unfair and unfun for the opposing team. I am only trying to be my own team to make it more challenging for me.

I will mostly level up by running dungeons at least once i can make it to deadmines with my group. Currently my team is level 10.

Lots of buttons to remember, for example to heal my warrior it is shift 1, lock is shift 2, etc.

I had 3 level 60's the first time around, a healer, tank, and dps. Lets see if i can combine all of those skills into one group.

cracks me up. 10 years ago, the release of certain sports games (mostly NCAA football) was one of the best days of the year.  Now they've basically ruined every major sports game with this nonsense.

Stupid people that put up with it and drop  hundreds of dollars on "My Team" modes every year have just ruined the genre.

cracks me up. 10 years ago, the release of certain sports games (mostly NCAA football) was one of the best days of the year.  Now they've basically ruined every major sports game with this nonsense.

Stupid people that put up with it and drop  hundreds of dollars on "My Team" modes every year have just ruined the genre.
Exactly. NCAA and then Madden a month later was like a holiday back in the 2000's. Back then every year brought improvements and new features.  I don't understand the people these days that get super hype for the same game every year but with more predatory mechanics to try to trick people out of their money. 

Do Not Buy NBA2k20

They literally put a slot machine in now for their "surprise mechanics" just to shove it in your face that they've legalized gambling to kids. 

This needs to stop. Football and Basketball games are dead because of this ####.
Can't watch youtube at work, is this in regards to MyTeam stuff?  I don't play that mode, as that is clearly their money grab, or is there some other thing at play here?  I buy the game and play without spending another cent, so I'm curious what the story is.

Can't watch youtube at work, is this in regards to MyTeam stuff?  I don't play that mode, as that is clearly their money grab, or is there some other thing at play here?  I buy the game and play without spending another cent, so I'm curious what the story is.
My team. The grind is worse for the in game currency. They've added no improvements to the game. The my team is literally a slot machine, a pachinko machine and a roulette wheel now to get your card packs that disappear at the end of the year. It's literally gambling. They've taken away any subtlety. 

My team. The grind is worse for the in game currency. They've added no improvements to the game. The my team is literally a slot machine, a pachinko machine and a roulette wheel now to get your card packs that disappear at the end of the year. It's literally gambling. They've taken away any subtlety. 
:shrug:  I'm sure they make money off that, but I think they make the most off selling VC.  There was a poll about what feature people were most looking forward to in the new game, and it was something like 80% for My Career.

:shrug:  I'm sure they make money off that, but I think they make the most off selling VC.  There was a poll about what feature people were most looking forward to in the new game, and it was something like 80% for My Career.

So are these just the rich people with disposable income, degenerates with gambling tendencies or both?

I'm as impulsive as they come but WTF would I pay real money only for the chance of getting a chance to play with a good player for a limited time on a team thats roster is decided by a dice roll? :loco:  

Yes, easily my favorite football game ever. I keep my 360 just for APF2K8. 

I'll buy Madden every three years or so, because I do like franchise mode / college draft / etc. But APF still rules in gameplay - it feels so much smoother.
My favorite thing to do in this game is to drop back with Montana and drop a 80 yard bomb. Joe has some deep throw perk and the visual is amazing. 

So are these just the rich people with disposable income, degenerates with gambling tendencies or both?

I'm as impulsive as they come but WTF would I pay real money only for the chance of getting a chance to play with a good player for a limited time on a team thats roster is decided by a dice roll? :loco:  
I'm not sure I understand your point.

Yes, the MyTeam stuff is garbage.  But it's not like I'm going to not buy a game because of the aspects of the game that I don't use is crappy.

Bull Dozier said:
I'm not sure I understand your point.

Yes, the MyTeam stuff is garbage.  But it's not like I'm going to not buy a game because of the aspects of the game that I don't use is crappy.
It's already been shown what a farce the MYTeam/Ultimate team stuff is. Developers give test runs to players who will sponsor the game and they get it for free. When promoting the VC content the game gets rigged for these guys to always get the best cards/players. This easily promotes to the sucker fans who will buy these game packs into thinking they can get these incredible players. The truth is you have 1 in 1M chance of ever seeing one of the best cards in the game. Honestly these modes with buying VC should be down right outlawed. In some states you can't even gamble yet thats essentially what these games are allowing you to do. It's pathetic. Instead of focusing more on the franchise modes or other aspects that could use improvements they spend all their time on these farce VC Team online stuff. Thankfully call of duty with the new modern-warfare did away with the season pass. These ultimate/my team BS is nothing more then the developers to have a BS reason not develop the other modes. COD realized they royally ####ed up by making their last game extensively multiplayer and many fans didn't even buy the game. Its why people complain about these games being the same every year. No #### #######. Stop buying the VC packs and doing the Team online #### and getting suckered in like the ####### consumer you are and maybe the developers will focus on putting an actual better game out. All you are doing is giving them an excuse not to improve the overall quality of the game. If Madden put as much focus on Franchise mode or Their Storymode as they have UT we'd have a great game.  

Users who are viewing this thread