Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

37 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

So are these just the rich people with disposable income, degenerates with gambling tendencies or both?

I'm as impulsive as they come but WTF would I pay real money only for the chance of getting a chance to play with a good player for a limited time on a team thats roster is decided by a dice roll? :loco: 

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Yes, the MyTeam stuff is garbage.  But it's not like I'm going to not buy a game because of the aspects of the game that I don't use is crappy.

• Replies 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SlaX

• Insein

• NewlyRetired

• STEADYMOBBIN 22

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap Tornado Man is growing into his role as a leader.  This is most readily seen by his consistent use of the phrases, "This way.

And this is the mentality that keeps me from playing MP most of the time.

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?

2 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Yes, the MyTeam stuff is garbage.  But it's not like I'm going to not buy a game because of the aspects of the game that I don't use is crappy.

It's already been shown what a farce the MYTeam/Ultimate team stuff is. Developers give test runs to players who will sponsor the game and they get it for free. When promoting the VC content the game gets rigged for these guys to always get the best cards/players. This easily promotes to the sucker fans who will buy these game packs into thinking they can get these incredible players. The truth is you have 1 in 1M chance of ever seeing one of the best cards in the game. Honestly these modes with buying VC should be down right outlawed. In some states you can't even gamble yet thats essentially what these games are allowing you to do. It's pathetic. Instead of focusing more on the franchise modes or other aspects that could use improvements they spend all their time on these farce VC Team online stuff. Thankfully call of duty with the new modern-warfare did away with the season pass. These ultimate/my team BS is nothing more then the developers to have a BS reason not develop the other modes. COD realized they royally ####ed up by making their last game extensively multiplayer and many fans didn't even buy the game. Its why people complain about these games being the same every year. No #### #######. Stop buying the VC packs and doing the Team online #### and getting suckered in like the ####### consumer you are and maybe the developers will focus on putting an actual better game out. All you are doing is giving them an excuse not to improve the overall quality of the game. If Madden put as much focus on Franchise mode or Their Storymode as they have UT we'd have a great game.  

19 hours ago, Insein said:

Do Not Buy NBA2k20

They literally put a slot machine in now for their "surprise mechanics" just to shove it in your face that they've legalized gambling to kids. 

This needs to stop. Football and Basketball games are dead because of this ####.

I'm the biggest complainer about this sort of bull####. The shooter games like Battlefield and COD aren't much better with Loot crates and such for Multiplayer, Stupd people will drop hundreds of dollars yearly and for what? Maybe 3 higher ranking upgrades. Theres been a bit of talk but no traction of the government or someone stepping in and outlawing this since little kids play it, I suggest any parent who has kids who play these games to ban them from even playing the my team content or using the the crate upgrades in these things. Tell them they can play the game just not those modes. If you have to just don't buy the game at all. 

In other news PS Plus has Sniper Elite Italia free this month for members. I was a bit interested in this game but never got around to playing it. I downloaded it on Sunday and Beat the game. I then went and got the DLC mission packs. Not sure why I never played this game before as it was a lot of fun. If anyone has never played these they are redoing the First Sniper Elite that came out in 07 that will be out in 2020 before they make #5. 

16 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

It's already been shown what a farce the MYTeam/Ultimate team stuff is. Developers give test runs to players who will sponsor the game and they get it for free. When promoting the VC content the game gets rigged for these guys to always get the best cards/players. This easily promotes to the sucker fans who will buy these game packs into thinking they can get these incredible players. The truth is you have 1 in 1M chance of ever seeing one of the best cards in the game. Honestly these modes with buying VC should be down right outlawed. In some states you can't even gamble yet thats essentially what these games are allowing you to do. It's pathetic. Instead of focusing more on the franchise modes or other aspects that could use improvements they spend all their time on these farce VC Team online stuff. Thankfully call of duty with the new modern-warfare did away with the season pass. These ultimate/my team BS is nothing more then the developers to have a BS reason not develop the other modes. COD realized they royally ####ed up by making their last game extensively multiplayer and many fans didn't even buy the game. Its why people complain about these games being the same every year. No #### #######. Stop buying the VC packs and doing the Team online #### and getting suckered in like the ####### consumer you are and maybe the developers will focus on putting an actual better game out. All you are doing is giving them an excuse not to improve the overall quality of the game. If Madden put as much focus on Franchise mode or Their Storymode as they have UT we'd have a great game.  

You understand that wasn't responsive at all, right?

• Like 1

Anyone else playing FO4 anymore?  I'm doing something kinda stupid just because I want to.  Leveling my character to 11 in all SPECIAL categories.  I only have perception and agility to go but man is this a long haul for no reward other than saying I did it.

I think I'm a little under halfway through Control, and it's definitely a fun game.  Great and story and atmosphere, and the combat is quite challenging.  (There's no difficulty setting, so you have to beat each encounter at the difficulty the developers pegged it at).  You can do a lot of random exploring, side missions, etc.  The destructability of the environment, physics, and particle effects are amazing and look next-gen. 

Which leads to the big caveat here -- this game should have been a next-gen release, because it just doesn't run right on current-gen consoles.  I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, and it suffers serious framerate drops when there are a lot of enemies on screen and I blow something up.  It also chugs and hitches when you come out of the pause menu for some reason.  It's playable, but the performance issues are very noticeable.  My guess is that it must run like total dog#### on base consoles.  

There's no online or anything, so no reason not to wait for a price drop.  

On 8/29/2019 at 6:04 PM, Insein said:

Do Not Buy NBA2k20

They literally put a slot machine in now for their "surprise mechanics" just to shove it in your face that they've legalized gambling to kids. 

This needs to stop. Football and Basketball games are dead because of this ####.

MyTeam is nothing new.  You can play the mode (as well as MyPlayer/MyCareer) without spending a dime if you know how to.  But I'm glad someone has noticed that 2k does it too.  EA seems to get all the flack for it.  I'll be playing NBA2k20 on Friday.   And as for "no improvements", I call BS.  NBA2k18 was the last one I played and that one was utter trash.  I'm already impressed with the gameplay improvements from what I've played so far.   We'll see upon full release if that holds up.

Edited by SlaX
5 hours ago, SlaX said:

MyTeam is nothing new.  You can play the mode (as well as MyPlayer/MyCareer) without spending a dime if you know how to.  But I'm glad someone has noticed that 2k does it too.  EA seems to get all the flack for it.  I'll be playing NBA2k20 on Friday.   And as for "no improvements", I call BS.  NBA2k18 was the last one I played and that one was utter trash.  I'm already impressed with the gameplay improvements from what I've played so far.   We'll see upon full release if that holds up.

There very well may be some improvement game wise in NBA2k but this slot machine nonsense in a game for kids has got to stop. They waste so much time trying to figure out how to steal our money and squeeze in commercials in a game people already paid $60 for when they could be making REAL improvements to the presentation and gameplay.

35 minutes ago, Insein said:

There very well may be some improvement game wise in NBA2k but this slot machine nonsense in a game for kids has got to stop. They waste so much time trying to figure out how to steal our money and squeeze in commercials in a game people already paid $60 for when they could be making REAL improvements to the presentation and gameplay.

:shrug: I'm fine with getting rid of the slot machine aspects of these optional purchases.  I agree those are bad for kids, and a tax for the stupid.  However, they are selling games for essentially the same price since the original Xbox came out.  Once can't expect the price to never go up, and have them not try to generate more revenue from the game some other way.

On 8/8/2019 at 2:14 PM, jwb said:

More Kingdom Come: Deliverance thoughts.

I really like this game a lot. It's essentially "Skyrim without magic/monsters, but with a better story, and tons of realism".  The first person perspective and world are similar to Skyrim. The skills and leveling are mostly "use it" as well - the more you do something, the better you get at it. 

This game is much more "Medieval Life Sim" than it is D&D Power Gaming. I've gotten decent with my sword, but I'm still never taking on an entire fort, and fighting 2 guys gives me pause. I did kill 4 guys last night, and survived by a sliver - first time I ever did that. Thank goodness the last guy ran away, or I would have died.

The pace of this game is impressive. You can spend an entire evening playing one in-game day. This makes the "you need to eat and sleep" a non-issue. I've played four hours and ate once (and food is easy to get). Not even a little annoying like it is with other games that have this "feature". If this point turns you off to the game, trust me, it's a complete non-issue.

The game forces you to play on its timeframe and societal rules. When you're in a Town, get cleaned up and take off your bloody, beaten up armor. Before you leave, put it back on. Find the inn (every town has one), and buy a bed for the night so you can save the game. Yea, saving is not "whenever you want". But it works, because the game isn't cheap either - you're not getting ambushed by a bear every ten feet either. And don't jump off a roof - you will definitely hurt yourself. And I still can't use my bow in combat worth a damn.

As I mentioned earlier, this is not a pick-up-and-play casual game like Skyrim somewhat is. This game is for someone who liked Skyrim, but could deal with it being harder with a lot more realism, and doesn't mind not being the most powerful guy in the town. 

Ok, I picked this game up last week.  Haven't played a ton, but enough to see it play out a bit.  Very cool game, but there is a lot that I still need to figure out. It's kind of difficult.  Good story.  And yes, lock picking is the suck.  Haven't been able to do it yet. The inventory/quest mechanism is hard to figure out, and the lettered icons on the compass are too hard to read.  Many more positives than negatives though.  I look forward to playing it out.

3 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

:shrug: I'm fine with getting rid of the slot machine aspects of these optional purchases.  I agree those are bad for kids, and a tax for the stupid.  However, they are selling games for essentially the same price since the original Xbox came out.  Once can't expect the price to never go up, and have them not try to generate more revenue from the game some other way.

They don't just generate extra revenue with these in game purchases. They are the main driver now. EA has close to $5b in revenue. 20% of that ($1b) is from Microtransactions. 86% of those MTXs are from Madden and FIFA. Yet these games haven't changed in any significant way in over a decade. They aren't using any of the money to make the game better. They have a formula to do as little as possible for the game to be "acceptable" each year to get people buying the same card packs each new year. Why do people continue to pay even the $60 for a roster update every year even if they don't use MTXs? 

That's what needs to stop in order to maybe have a hope for change. They're never going to stop MTX. It literally is their business now. But maybe if the majority of people who just buy the game blindly every year just to have it would stop, they might use some of that money to improve the game at some point. 

5 hours ago, Insein said:

Where were you guys when I complained about that a couple of years ago?  I was probably the biggest critics of Take Two doing that (yep, it's not just the 2k sports games.  look at how GTA Online is run).  They're worse than EA at it.   

• Like 2
Just now, SlaX said:

Where were you guys when I complained about that a couple of years ago?  I was probably the biggest critics of Take Two doing that (yep, it's not just the 2k sports games.  look at how GTA Online is run).  They're worse than EA at it.   

I haven't bought any of the sports games in a decade. Haven't played GTA since release. This has been an ongoing slippery slope but it feels like we're getting to the point of no return. They have the people that play games for the game by the balls now to the point that they don't need us because they make more in a year off of MTX than they ever have selling just copies. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Insein said:

They don't just generate extra revenue with these in game purchases. They are the main driver now. EA has close to $5b in revenue. 20% of that ($1b) is from Microtransactions. 86% of those MTXs are from Madden and FIFA. Yet these games haven't changed in any significant way in over a decade. They aren't using any of the money to make the game better. They have a formula to do as little as possible for the game to be "acceptable" each year to get people buying the same card packs each new year. Why do people continue to pay even the $60 for a roster update every year even if they don't use MTXs? 

That's what needs to stop in order to maybe have a hope for change. They're never going to stop MTX. It literally is their business now. But maybe if the majority of people who just buy the game blindly every year just to have it would stop, they might use some of that money to improve the game at some point. 

I disagree that the new games are just roster updates.  I'm speaking mainly of NBA2K as I stopped playing Madden myself (for other reasons, not microtransactions or lack of updates to the game.  Not germain to this discussion).

I've purchased every iteration of NBA2K since '11.  Some of the games are bigger steps forward than others, but they are all steps forward.  The graphics make progress every year.  There are new aspects to the game each year (new "My player" story every game).  

I haven't paid a cent for a micro transaction, so I have a hard time understanding why buying the new game every year, and stopping my spending at that is somehow encouraging game makers to continue with the MTX trend?

On 8/29/2019 at 6:04 PM, Insein said:

Do Not Buy NBA2k20

I'm going to elaborate more on my stance with this post.  My apologies in advance for this being a long story/rant, but I want to make myself clear here.

I've played the NBA2K franchise since its early days on Sega Dreamcast.  I was excited when the franchise continued on during the Xbox/PS2 days.  For the first several years, it was a yearly purchase.  Some years, the game was better than others.  Quite a few of the years, I felt the College Hoops series was better, though. (I still play College Hoops 2K8 regularly to this day - RIP to that franchise.  I'd love to see what they could do with it today.)

Throughout the years, I stopped buying the game yearly and went with once every year or two.  I skipped NBA 2K8-10 and purchased NBA 2k11 when it got rave reviews for the Jordan challenges.  NBA 2k11 is still one of my favorites of the series.  It was the first time I recalled playing the MyPlayer mode, which I enjoyed immensely.  I was able to pick up NBA 2k12 pretty cheap on PC early on, making it the first time I owned the franchise game on PC.  There were some improvements to MyPlayer and again, it's still one of my favorites of the series.  
Note: I can still access my careers from the MyPlayer creations in both of those games to this day.  

Skipped to NBA 2k15.  It was ok.  It was the first time that I had played MyPlayer using VC (virtual currency, which is still used today.  It's the biggest way that the NBA 2k series makes money through microtransactions). NBA 2k15 was also the first time that I played MyTeam.   I remember liking it ok.  Progression and grinding was extremely slow without ponying up dough, so I didn't mess it with much.  Unfortunately, once the VC servers were brought down, MyPlayer in NBA 2k15 was dead.  Again, I can still continue my MyPlayer career in both NBA 2k11 and 2k12.

Skipped again to NBA 2k18.  I was jonzing for a new basketball game, so I went all in on NBA2k18.  MyPlayer is now MyCareer and has a new story mode, all with unskippable cutscenes and bull#### that you would never care about.  VC is now earned differently.  It's earned as a paycheck every two weeks and you get bonuses for your sponsorships and stuff.  It's pretty cool.   Or is it?

At launch, they nickel and dimed you to death.  Everything costs VC.  And I mean everything.  Don't like the default look of your character?  One of the game's first cutscenes takes you to the barber shop where you can get a haircut.  Cost of haircuts was about half as much as you'd make in your two week paycheck.  Also, you can't preview what you look like with your new haircut.  So you think you'll like this one, so you pay VC for it.  Turns out that it looks like ####, so you change it to something else.  Pay VC.  Maybe the first one wasn't so bad.  Pay VC.  No seriously, you have to buy what you already purchased.

At the time, 2k explained that they were going for realism.  In reality, if you pay for a haircut today, you still have to pay for that same haircut a month from now.  Ok.  I can accept that.  But a haircut doesn't cost 50% of my damn paycheck!  So eventually, they changed that.  Haircuts in 2k18 became cheaper.  

Did I mention the unskippable cutscenes in MyCareer?  I sure did.  And thankfully you can skip this sentence, but you couldn't in the game. 

In a nutshell, I hated MyCareer in NBA2k18.  Never even played to All-Star break.  So I dove in to MyTeam.  I enjoyed MyTeam.  I got addicted to MyTeam.

Game modes in MyTeam improved dramatically from 2k15 to 2k18.  So it was fun to play without spending coin.  But unfortunately, that wasn't enough.  I started spending money.  This was before any really good cards became available too.  I probably spent another $200 or more just on MyTeam and that's before February.  Why do I say Feb?  Because they released the Magic Johnson packs on Valentine's Day.  Then the Larry Bird packs on St Patty's day.  I purchased a set of those.  Thankfully, I opened both a Diamond Bird (but missed out on Pink Diamond) and a Amethyst Magic (missed out on both Diamond and Pink Diamond).

I really wanted a good Jordan card.  I knew one was coming.  I had a Ruby, but it was pretty low for Jordan.  The Amethyst Jordan was going for a million MT (this is the MyTeam currency).  That was too rich for my blood.  But before long the Jordan pack arrives with a chance at PD or Diamond Jordan cards.  I actually debated with a co-worker one whether I should buy some packs.  It was $50 for a 20-pack (20 chances to get the cards) and 2k was running a deal where I could get $200 worth of VC for $100, so I was really considering it so I could increase my chances... AT ONE F'N PLAYER!  What was I thinking!!!???

Thankfully, my co-worker talked me out of it.  I stood pat and decided to trade for the Amethyst Jordan that was going for a million MT, but with the release of the PD and D Jordans, the price dropped tremendously to about 10,000, which I could easily do with grinding.  So I settled and vowed that I would not drop more money on MyTeam. 

I went further, I swore off buying another NBA 2k game until this stopped.  I crusaded against VC when everyone was going after EA for the same practice.  I talked directly with Angry Joe after his Battlefront 2 rant and talked with him about it.  And he finally did an angry rant on it.

--
So SlaX, you're probably asking, why are you buying NBA 2k20?  I still enjoy the core game and I have a friend who keeps buying the game on years that I don't buy.  He talked me into it.  So I'm going into this year, optimistic that I can do it without spending any money beyond the initial cost.   And thankfully, franchise mode is still awesome, even in NBA 2k18.  It's probably the one and only mode that still remains functional after a couple of years when the servers go offline and they move on to the next year.

That's my story.  I'm partially not happy with myself that I'm giving them a shot this year, but at the same time I'm really looking forward to it.   

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, SlaX said:

I'm going to elaborate more on my stance with this post.  My apologies in advance for this being a long story/rant, but I want to make myself clear here.

I've played the NBA2K franchise since its early days on Sega Dreamcast.  I was excited when the franchise continued on during the Xbox/PS2 days.  For the first several years, it was a yearly purchase.  Some years, the game was better than others.  Quite a few of the years, I felt the College Hoops series was better, though. (I still play College Hoops 2K8 regularly to this day - RIP to that franchise.  I'd love to see what they could do with it today.)

Throughout the years, I stopped buying the game yearly and went with once every year or two.  I skipped NBA 2K8-10 and purchased NBA 2k11 when it got rave reviews for the Jordan challenges.  NBA 2k11 is still one of my favorites of the series.  It was the first time I recalled playing the MyPlayer mode, which I enjoyed immensely.  I was able to pick up NBA 2k12 pretty cheap on PC early on, making it the first time I owned the franchise game on PC.  There were some improvements to MyPlayer and again, it's still one of my favorites of the series.  
Note: I can still access my careers from the MyPlayer creations in both of those games to this day.  

Skipped to NBA 2k15.  It was ok.  It was the first time that I had played MyPlayer using VC (virtual currency, which is still used today.  It's the biggest way that the NBA 2k series makes money through microtransactions). NBA 2k15 was also the first time that I played MyTeam.   I remember liking it ok.  Progression and grinding was extremely slow without ponying up dough, so I didn't mess it with much.  Unfortunately, once the VC servers were brought down, MyPlayer in NBA 2k15 was dead.  Again, I can still continue my MyPlayer career in both NBA 2k11 and 2k12.

Skipped again to NBA 2k18.  I was jonzing for a new basketball game, so I went all in on NBA2k18.  MyPlayer is now MyCareer and has a new story mode, all with unskippable cutscenes and bull#### that you would never care about.  VC is now earned differently.  It's earned as a paycheck every two weeks and you get bonuses for your sponsorships and stuff.  It's pretty cool.   Or is it?

At launch, they nickel and dimed you to death.  Everything costs VC.  And I mean everything.  Don't like the default look of your character?  One of the game's first cutscenes takes you to the barber shop where you can get a haircut.  Cost of haircuts was about half as much as you'd make in your two week paycheck.  Also, you can't preview what you look like with your new haircut.  So you think you'll like this one, so you pay VC for it.  Turns out that it looks like ####, so you change it to something else.  Pay VC.  Maybe the first one wasn't so bad.  Pay VC.  No seriously, you have to buy what you already purchased.

At the time, 2k explained that they were going for realism.  In reality, if you pay for a haircut today, you still have to pay for that same haircut a month from now.  Ok.  I can accept that.  But a haircut doesn't cost 50% of my damn paycheck!  So eventually, they changed that.  Haircuts in 2k18 became cheaper.  

Did I mention the unskippable cutscenes in MyCareer?  I sure did.  And thankfully you can skip this sentence, but you couldn't in the game. 

In a nutshell, I hated MyCareer in NBA2k18.  Never even played to All-Star break.  So I dove in to MyTeam.  I enjoyed MyTeam.  I got addicted to MyTeam.

Game modes in MyTeam improved dramatically from 2k15 to 2k18.  So it was fun to play without spending coin.  But unfortunately, that wasn't enough.  I started spending money.  This was before any really good cards became available too.  I probably spent another $200 or more just on MyTeam and that's before February.  Why do I say Feb?  Because they released the Magic Johnson packs on Valentine's Day.  Then the Larry Bird packs on St Patty's day.  I purchased a set of those.  Thankfully, I opened both a Diamond Bird (but missed out on Pink Diamond) and a Amethyst Magic (missed out on both Diamond and Pink Diamond).

I really wanted a good Jordan card.  I knew one was coming.  I had a Ruby, but it was pretty low for Jordan.  The Amethyst Jordan was going for a million MT (this is the MyTeam currency).  That was too rich for my blood.  But before long the Jordan pack arrives with a chance at PD or Diamond Jordan cards.  I actually debated with a co-worker one whether I should buy some packs.  It was $50 for a 20-pack (20 chances to get the cards) and 2k was running a deal where I could get $200 worth of VC for $100, so I was really considering it so I could increase my chances... AT ONE F'N PLAYER!  What was I thinking!!!???

Thankfully, my co-worker talked me out of it.  I stood pat and decided to trade for the Amethyst Jordan that was going for a million MT, but with the release of the PD and D Jordans, the price dropped tremendously to about 10,000, which I could easily do with grinding.  So I settled and vowed that I would not drop more money on MyTeam. 

I went further, I swore off buying another NBA 2k game until this stopped.  I crusaded against VC when everyone was going after EA for the same practice.  I talked directly with Angry Joe after his Battlefront 2 rant and talked with him about it.  And he finally did an angry rant on it.

--
So SlaX, you're probably asking, why are you buying NBA 2k20?  I still enjoy the core game and I have a friend who keeps buying the game on years that I don't buy.  He talked me into it.  So I'm going into this year, optimistic that I can do it without spending any money beyond the initial cost.   And thankfully, franchise mode is still awesome, even in NBA 2k18.  It's probably the one and only mode that still remains functional after a couple of years when the servers go offline and they move on to the next year.

That's my story.  I'm partially not happy with myself that I'm giving them a shot this year, but at the same time I'm really looking forward to it.   

Hope springs eternal my friend. But your take is the same exact one that happens to the best of us. Regular people just wanting to play a game with the characters we want and the features we want only to find out the grind is like working a second job to get that virtual currency. So we short cut and use real money to get there quicker. That's what they want. 

Side note, that's cool you were able to talk to AJ directly about it. 

5 minutes ago, Insein said:

Hope springs eternal my friend. But your take is the same exact one that happens to the best of us. Regular people just wanting to play a game with the characters we want and the features we want only to find out the grind is like working a second job to get that virtual currency. So we short cut and use real money to get there quicker. That's what they want. 

Side note, that's cool you were able to talk to AJ directly about it. 

It was through delayed messages.  Nothing instant or anything.  I felt like he gave me the brush off at the time.  I'm just glad he finally did look into it and give it more attention.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

After 13 years away from the addiction, I loaded up WoW Classic. My wife may divorce me, but that is ok since I don't have any money to start hiding.

I play ultima online on a free sever called uorenaissance - it’s UO from roughly 1998. 

Its a total time sink.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I play ultima online on a free sever called uorenaissance - it’s UO from roughly 1998. 

Its a total time sink.

I’d love to have the time to jump back into that. That’s still the only MMO I’ve ever played. 

50 minutes ago, thecatch said:

I’d love to have the time to jump back into that. That’s still the only MMO I’ve ever played. 

http://www.uorenaissance.com/

Staff is amazing and nearly everyone in game is super nice. Even the Pkers will res you and rarily will they dry loot you. They’re just out for the sport of it all.

let me know if you have any questions but literally everything has been thought of and covered Here

Im currently taking a break from everything but breathing but I can hook you up with a guild that will help you along 

On 8/31/2019 at 12:13 AM, ShamrockPride said:

You guys have heard the rumors 2K is making a football comeback with XFL right? May have legs to it. 2K already does the WWE games.

WWE were better under the THQ banner. The 2K games have a ton of glitches and they are always taking out all the good stuff that made the games great like Create a finisher and GM Mode. The graphics are better but thats it. 

Theres rumors AEW might be coming out with a wrestling game though 

On 9/3/2019 at 2:08 AM, SlaX said:

Yeah the storymode this year again looks great. I liked the gist of last years mode but felt like it was missing something. I hope they put in way more cut scenes and I got too many of the cut scenes I saw already. 

On 9/3/2019 at 7:43 AM, Insein said:

I agree as a FIFA player myself and others who care more about GM/Season mode have been calling out EA FIFA for yrs for spending too much time on MyTeam improvements and stealing money over better gameplay/graphics and new features into the mode. Also losing some of the licenses sucks. Maybe they wouldn't have lost the Juventus or Brasilian leagues had they spent more time making Campaign mode better then wasting time on how we can steal money from our players. 

COD also got destroyed for the crate thing and just doing a game with MP mode. Star Wars Battlefront also got destroyed for this as well. Stop trying to find ways to steal money from us when we already pay $60 for a game. For those of us who get the Deluxe or Ultimate editions its even more money. The excuses used for stealing our money is absolute BS too. I think the only way to stop this is for everyone to just not buy games a whole year or any with these slat system nonsense. 

On 9/3/2019 at 1:14 PM, SlaX said:

I wasn't here yet most likely but I was already complaining about it then 

I rebuilt my computer a couple of months ago (had been like7 years and it finally died) but held off on replacing the Video card until a game I wanted came out. With Borderlands coming next week, I bit the bullet and picked up a new card.

Also decided to treat myself and update my 8+ year old monitor as well.

I think I MAY have gone overboard.....

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, flysack said:

Anyone play Subnautica with VR?

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying an Occulus Rift. I heard good things about Subnautica. Just wondering how it is with VR.

Nope, but it's a great game.  The thought of it in VR would be pretty cool - it has great atmosphere.

Speaking of VR, when is the killer app going to come for this?  ES6?

2 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

I rebuilt my computer a couple of months ago (had been like7 years and it finally died) but held off on replacing the Video card until a game I wanted came out. With Borderlands coming next week, I bit the bullet and picked up a new card.

Also decided to treat myself and update my 8+ year old monitor as well.

I think I MAY have gone overboard.....

Looks great.  Which monitor is that?

15 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Looks great.  Which monitor is that?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777RY75V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Almost pulled the trigger on it on Prime day but chickened out. Good thing, as the price dropped more since then (Probably because they're releasing a new version in October)

Loving it so far (although its weird having stuff be in different spots on the much larger screen) but haven't fired up a game yet. (since the vid card delivery got delayed for a day)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777RY75V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Almost pulled the trigger on it on Prime day but chickened out. Good thing, as the price dropped more since then (Probably because they're releasing a new version in October)

Loving it so far (although its weird having stuff be in different spots on the much larger screen) but haven't fired up a game yet. (since the vid card delivery got delayed for a day)

Do you also have a second monitor on the wall or do you just use that as a TV? Once I went to two monitors I could never go back. When I get my house situation settled I plan on getting three or four LOL

11 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Do you also have a second monitor on the wall or do you just use that as a TV? Once I went to two monitors I could never go back. When I get my house situation settled I plan on getting three or four LOL

That's like a 12 year old samsung that I just use for random situations (leaving a chat program like Discord open while gaming, fantasy football drafts, etc). The new monitor will make some of that unnecessary (since it really is freaking humongous) but it still serves its purpose.

The former main monitor is now my 2nd monitor when  work from home (hooks up to the work laptop dock) and then I also have a 60 inch TV on the opposite wall.

Yes, i have a problem.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TLEF316 said:

That's like a 12 year old samsung that I just use for random situations (leaving a chat program like Discord open while gaming, fantasy football drafts, etc). The new monitor will make some of that unnecessary (since it really is freaking humongous) but it still serves its purpose.

The former main monitor is now my 2nd monitor when  work from home (hooks up to the work laptop dock) and then I also have a 60 inch TV on the opposite wall.

Yes, i have a problem.

My OCD couldn't handle all the different sizes and locations but that’s my issue. GREAT setup. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

My OCD couldn't handle all the different sizes and locations but that’s my issue. GREAT setup. 

The laptop and the monitor on the left are just when I  work from home (which is basically never).  I would never have that up full time.

But yeah, in an ideal world I'd buy 3 of the monitors I just bought and be encircled in nonsense. But life aint fair sometimes.  I'm also not sure that they'd fit properly with the curve and the size of the stand.

Yes, i have a problem.

I can forgive your massive electric footprint for that awesome setup.  Your problem is your use of bottled water at home. Get a filter and a glass GB.

Still playing Hollow Knight. Roughly 23 hours in and got to be getting somewhat close, but the last bit here is pretty tough. I enjoy metroidvania games and don’t mind the backtracking, but I don’t like not knowing where to go.  That’s kind of my little issue.  I don’t like searching for one little missed pathway that opens the next part of the game.  A little direction goes a long way for me.

2 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Still playing Hollow Knight. Roughly 23 hours in and got to be getting somewhat close, but the last bit here is pretty tough. I enjoy metroidvania games and don’t mind the backtracking, but I don’t like not knowing where to go.  That’s kind of my little issue.  I don’t like searching for one little missed pathway that opens the next part of the game.  A little direction goes a long way for me.

I started that and enjoyed it for a bit. This was after I read several reviews that said it might be the best metroidvania game ever. I think it’s pretty good but I think that title still goes to Castlevania SOTN for me.

I stopped playing cause, like you, I can’t seem to figure out where to go next. My gaming time is valuable these days and that game isn’t vibrant or interesting enough for me to continue. Cant really place my finger on it but it just didn’t capture me. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I started that and enjoyed it for a bit. This was after I read several reviews that said it might be the best metroidvania game ever. I think it’s pretty good but I think that title still goes to Castlevania SOTN for me.

I stopped playing cause, like you, I can’t seem to figure out where to go next. My gaming time is valuable these days and that game isn’t vibrant or interesting enough for me to continue. Cant really place my finger on it but it just didn’t capture me. 

I actually really liked Ori and the Blind Forest. That’s really well done. 

Definitely going to be pre-loading Borderlands 3 next week, can't wait. 

Really looking forward to individual instanced drops as well...the gf and I are competitive and having to worry about whether I'm being a gentleman with good loot drops took just a little bit away from the cooperative experience lol

Which vault hunter are you guys most excited to try? I'm leaning FL4K. 

• Like 2

Played quite a bit of NBA2K19 this weekend.  Took Friday off work, and played it most of the day.  As of now, I'd give it 7 out of 10.  The prelude story was decent, nothing earth shattering.  I think it was '17 where you picked your college, and that was probably my favorite, but I get you can't tell the same story every season.

My main frustration is (and this has been true for previous games as well) is the disparity between your performance and movement in games vs the CPU and in the Neighborhood.  Post moves are overpowered in MyCareer games, but much more difficult in MyPark games.  Played defense is a serious challenge at MyPark, which would be fine if it was the same challenge in MyCareer.  I don't know if it is an issue with lag, or just the nature of the best with six people playing on a court, but it is a totally different game.  I guess once the grind is done to get my player up higher, I'll play less and less MyCareer but going back and forth is a little frustrating.

Haven't played any franchise games yet, so I don't know how different that gameplay is yet.

Also haven't gotten both boys to play with me in a 3v3 game at MyPark.  I played with each one separately doing some 2v2,  Had mixed success and it was quite a bit of fun when we completed some alley oops to each other, and won a couple of games in a row.  Will be a lot more competitive when we get leveled up a but, but other people are obviously grinding this game a lot harder than we are.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:44 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Definitely going to be pre-loading Borderlands 3 next week, can't wait. 

Really looking forward to individual instanced drops as well...the gf and I are competitive and having to worry about whether I'm being a gentleman with good loot drops took just a little bit away from the cooperative experience lol

Which vault hunter are you guys most excited to try? I'm leaning FL4K. 

I'm going to try Amara first. I want to hulk smash into groups and then punch/shotgun everything to death.

Also going to be playing with the old lady and our daughter, so the instanced drops will be great. My daughter can finally grab everything like a maniac and no one will care.

• Like 1
On 9/6/2019 at 3:29 PM, TLEF316 said:

The laptop and the monitor on the left are just when I  work from home (which is basically never).  I would never have that up full time.

But yeah, in an ideal world I'd buy 3 of the monitors I just bought and be encircled in nonsense. But life aint fair sometimes.  I'm also not sure that they'd fit properly with the curve and the size of the stand.

Do you play FPS? I just got a 240hz GSYNC monitor not that long ago - best purchase ever made as far as monitors go. I think there are some 1440p 240hz monitors out now though I suspect they run in the ~$1000 range.

1 minute ago, sn0mm1s said:

Do you play FPS? I just got a 240hz GSYNC monitor not that long ago - best purchase ever made as far as monitors go. I think there are some 1440p 240hz monitors out now though I suspect they run in the ~$1000 range.

If a company would come out with a decent multiplayer FPS again (last 2 battlefield games have been awful) I would. Played PUBG for a couple years but don't anymore.

The new monitor is only 120hz gsync, which is enough for me. I'm one of those guys that prefers to bump the graphics up higher rather than playing on low settings to maximize frame rate. And there's no way I'm spending the money on a card to do both. 

Semi curious about the new call of duty for the 100 player game mode (since DICE refuses to drop a modern era Battlefield game) but I'm not optimistic

Just now, TLEF316 said:

If a company would come out with a decent multiplayer FPS again (last 2 battlefield games have been awful) I would. Played PUBG for a couple years but don't anymore.

The new monitor is only 120hz gsync, which is enough for me. I'm one of those guys that prefers to bump the graphics up higher rather than playing on low settings to maximize frame rate. And there's no way I'm spending the money on a card to do both. 

Semi curious about the new call of duty for the 100 player game mode (since DICE refuses to drop a modern era Battlefield game) but I'm not optimistic

Never liked PUBG (not a fan of BR or slow paced shooters) - but I still play a lot of Overwatch. I don't know how many hours I spent playing Doom/Doom2/Quake/Quake2 but once the "realism" train picked up steam I stopped playing FPS for like 15+ years.