What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

PS4 has party system also.
Yes, but it's not compatible with other systems when you play in cross-platform parties.  PC and Xbox can play seemlessly with the Xbox App.  Playstation doesn't have a such app.  So to do cross-platform chat when partying up, Playstation users must use an app like Discord on their smart phone.  If Sony and MS were smart, they'd put Discord on their system.

DJackson10 said:
I was just reading about it at work today. Haven't seen much on the new XB1 but from reviews and stuff so far many gamer sites are saying theres barely a competition and PS5 is gonna blow this out of the water. Only thing missing is gonna be price. We'll see 
MS hasn’t released much at all about Xbox Scarlett so don’t know how anyone can say anything definitive either way unless they’ve got a bias. Both are going to have SSD’s which will probably be the biggest improvement eliminating load times on a lot of games. Personally, I don’t see much reason to upgrade at all for a while after the mid-cycle PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions.

NewlyRetired said:
Most everyone remembers the Blizzard fiasco last year at Blizzcon.   It looks like Blizzard may be setting themselves up for an epic face plant this year at the upcoming Blizzcon if they don't find a solution to the mess they created.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/activision-blizzard-faces-corporate-culture-crisis-following-gamer-suspension-2019-10-10
Yes this is much bigger than just being disappointed on a game release. They are censoring American and European players for any support of Hong Kong. Handing out 1000 year bans on their message boards. Banning player names that have any mention of Hong Kong or HK in their names. They've also removed Mei from the overwatch store as she's being used as a symbol for the HK resistance. 

In short Blizzard is bowing down to China in the hopes that they don't lose their money but they've pissed off their American and European customers by doing so.

MS hasn’t released much at all about Xbox Scarlett so don’t know how anyone can say anything definitive either way unless they’ve got a bias. Both are going to have SSD’s which will probably be the biggest improvement eliminating load times on a lot of games. Personally, I don’t see much reason to upgrade at all for a while after the mid-cycle PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions.
This is going to be really nice.

Going off what's been released so far, plus rumors and I think Games specific for said Console. I haven't upgraded since the original PS4 Waited until the 2nd batch after the genuine pigs got the first releases. So depending on Price and all I might upgrade after I see the reviews when it gets out. 

Yes this is much bigger than just being disappointed on a game release. They are censoring American and European players for any support of Hong Kong. Handing out 1000 year bans on their message boards. Banning player names that have any mention of Hong Kong or HK in their names. They've also removed Mei from the overwatch store as she's being used as a symbol for the HK resistance. 

In short Blizzard is bowing down to China in the hopes that they don't lose their money but they've pissed off their American and European customers by doing so.
I hope Blizzards falls flat on their asses at this point. When I worked at GameStop I had a coworker who went to college with a guy who ended up working for that company and they are a bunch of scumbags. The Stories I heard really turned me off on buying games made by them. The employer to employee treatment was beyond unprofessional. One guy was fired after he didn't show up for work after he called to let his boss know his GF was having health issues serious ones from complications of her pregnancy. Even gave them a heads up when they first started. Some stuff employees would do to suck up and kiss ### or get one over on each other was similar to other work places but the lengths they'd go was absolutely astonishing. I also heard that one of his co workers a few yrs before he got there was fired for reporting her supervisor for sexual harassment 

I hope Blizzards falls flat on their asses at this point. When I worked at GameStop I had a coworker who went to college with a guy who ended up working for that company and they are a bunch of scumbags. The Stories I heard really turned me off on buying games made by them. The employer to employee treatment was beyond unprofessional. One guy was fired after he didn't show up for work after he called to let his boss know his GF was having health issues serious ones from complications of her pregnancy. Even gave them a heads up when they first started. Some stuff employees would do to suck up and kiss ### or get one over on each other was similar to other work places but the lengths they'd go was absolutely astonishing. I also heard that one of his co workers a few yrs before he got there was fired for reporting her supervisor for sexual harassment 
Not surprised by any of that. Video game companies operate like it's 1960 as far as working conditions go.

I put an SSD in my PS4 and did not notice as much of a difference as I would have liked. I gave my PS4 to my nephews for Christmas last year and upgraded to the PS4 and did not even bother to swap the SSD from the PS4 to the PS4 pro.

MTskibum said:
I put an SSD in my PS4 and did not notice as much of a difference as I would have liked. I gave my PS4 to my nephews for Christmas last year and upgraded to the PS4 and did not even bother to swap the SSD from the PS4 to the PS4 pro.
Wow! I had the opposite experience. The SSD made a world of difference for me. I routinely load in ahead of teammates and run around and start doing things on maps before they load in. I can also see the benefit in both dashboard and in-game performance.

For next-gen, though, the difference should be even more pronounced because the SSD will have faster transfer speed instead of using SATA, plus developers will be able to plan and take advantage of it since every console will be on the same baseline. The only negative is this may make it difficult (or even impossible) to upgrade and add drive space on the consumer end. I guess we'll have to wait and see how they handle that.

Holy moly. Riot Games is the new Blizzard.

They just announced a whole fleet of games for their 10th anniversary, including a CCG, Tactical Arena FPS, Adventure RPG, huge updates to their base game League of Legends... and an animated series.

Yeah, I Outer Worlds pre-downloaded and ready to go.

At first I was a mildly bummed that it's shorter and more curated than Fallout, but several reviewers have indicated that it has good replay value.  Fallout/Skyrim-type games are usually one and done for me because they take 100 hours or so to finish, so I never really play around with different character builds.  Hopefully that will be different with Outer Worlds.  I'll probably start off as the same "sneaky lone wolf sniper" guy that I always play in all of these games, and then experiment with speech and companions and stuff like that later on.

Does anyone do the PS Now subscription?  Just wondering how it works and how you like it?  Just saw it this past weekend when I logged onto my PS4.  But didn't really look into it too much.  Do the games play through the internet, or do you download them onto your box?  Is there lag?  Are there enough good games on there to make it worth it?

It seems like it might be something worth trying, but not sure exactly what to expect.

I've read nothing about Outer World's but I've been hearing the hype. I have the game pass also so I'm downloading it.

Thankfully, it's part of the Xbox Game Pass+, so I'm definitely gonna be playing it.  
Sweet. My Gold subscription expired earlier this year due to me never having time to play and not noticing. I hopped on a few weeks ago bought 3 years from Costco and they still had that free upgrade for a $1 promotion or whatever going on. Now my backlog of games went from a bunch to a ####load... :thumbup:

This should be an interesting couple of months for us ARPG fans.

Blizzard is expected to finally announce Diablo 4 at the upcoming Blizzcon and Path of Exile today confirmed that they will be announcing the details for Path of Exile 4.0 which they are calling their biggest expansion ever at their convention coming up.

This should be an interesting couple of months for us ARPG fans.

Blizzard is expected to finally announce Diablo 4 at the upcoming Blizzcon and Path of Exile today confirmed that they will be announcing the details for Path of Exile 4.0 which they are calling their biggest expansion ever at their convention coming up.
Haven't been playing many games lately, but this would get me excited again.

Bethesda offering a $100 a year Fallout 76 subscription option.  I love Fallout but I hope this fails miserably.  The things they're offering for $100 a year are a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bethesda offering a $100 a year Fallout 76 subscription option.  I love Fallout but I hope this fails miserably.  The things their offering for $100 a year are a joke.
Reddit has been bashing/meme'ing the hell out of this.  I agree, this should be a total flop.  Especially since the game was already largely panned.  

So $100 a year to play Fallout 4

Yes, but waaaaaaaaay crappier! 
Hmm, I paid way less for FO4 with all the DLC. 

Seems maybe Bethesda is doubling down on a bad game with a horrible launch. 

Or they are competing with EA and Blizzard for most hated game company currently.  I mean until recently Bethesda was hated, but it wasn't top of the gaming mind.  Now they're back on top!!!

Bethesda offering a $100 a year Fallout 76 subscription option.  I love Fallout but I hope this fails miserably.  The things they're offering for $100 a year are a joke.

If they gave us administrator powers over the server, ie set respawn rate by instance and enemy type and if the world persisted forever then I would have paid 100 dollars a year. I could have started level 1 characters with my brothers and it could have been a real multiplayer fallout.

Instead, what they offered is a joke.

I never even hit level 50 in fallout 76, I think i stopped at level 30 or so.

If they gave us administrator powers over the server, ie set respawn rate by instance and enemy type and if the world persisted forever then I would have paid 100 dollars a year. I could have started level 1 characters with my brothers and it could have been a real multiplayer fallout.

Instead, what they offered is a joke.

I never even hit level 50 in fallout 76, I think i stopped at level 30 or so.
Yea they aren't even allowing mods on these paid servers.

I don't even understand the thought process other than "money = good, more money =  gooder". They were starting to gain players back to the game. It was becoming decent. Then they do this. 

Who the hell buys this?  Admittedly, I don't own Fallout 76 because it looked terrible and got roasted at launch and continued to get roasted well after launch.  But who would double-down on a title this bad at that price point?

Who the hell buys this?  Admittedly, I don't own Fallout 76 because it looked terrible and got roasted at launch and continued to get roasted well after launch.  But who would double-down on a title this bad at that price point?
Enough people will for them to justify it. They're selling it month to month too at $13 a month. MMOs don't even cost that much anymore. Game companies keep doing it because some people have too much disposable income that money is no object if they like something. I know an internet friend of mine who's a huge Fallout fangirl. She plays the game every day and has said she will get the subscription just to get the game bucks to buy outfits. So who knows? :shrug:

Enough people will for them to justify it. They're selling it month to month too at $13 a month. MMOs don't even cost that much anymore. Game companies keep doing it because some people have too much disposable income that money is no object if they like something. I know an internet friend of mine who's a huge Fallout fangirl. She plays the game every day and has said she will get the subscription just to get the game bucks to buy outfits. So who knows? :shrug:
Guess what? It doesn't even work.

Fallout 1st Does not do what it was offering at launch

Not out of deception mind you. Out of incompetence. They took people's money and it's just another regular server with people already on it. Oh also, your scrap boxes are emptied now and all the prizes you paid for are deleted. Enjoy. 

I’m really tempted to buy the new COD for the first time in awhile. It seems like they've dumbed it back down to more like the games I enjoyed. 

I’m really tempted to buy the new COD for the first time in awhile. It seems like they've dumbed it back down to more like the games I enjoyed. 
Same. I'm probably gonna pick it up tomorrow. First CoD in a while my main gaming squad is all getting it. So it could be good to get back on with everyone.

Been playing Outer Worlds the past day and ny only gripe is that quests and side missions seem to be all cluttered up. Maybe it's me not getting the logic, and I reserve judgement but it's not particularly streamlined

msommer said:
Been playing Outer Worlds the past day and ny only gripe is that quests and side missions seem to be all cluttered up. Maybe it's me not getting the logic, and I reserve judgement but it's not particularly streamlined
I just finished the first planet, and I agree with your observation.  Many of the quests required a lot of traveling back and forth to various locations, with loading screens standing in your way every single time.  (Multiple loading screens if you fast travel).  

Good game so far though.

The Outer Worlds is pretty awesome if you are looking for a Fallout clone.  It's very frankly superior to FO3 and FO4.  It's hard to compare it to New Vegas since this game is so much more linear but also mostly bug-free.  If Bethesda is working on an Elder Scrolls game at the moment (which I assume they are), I hope they're bringing a major rebuild to the table, because TOW really undresses the Bethesda titles in these series. 

The Outer Worlds is pretty awesome if you are looking for a Fallout clone.  It's very frankly superior to FO3 and FO4.  It's hard to compare it to New Vegas since this game is so much more linear but also mostly bug-free.  If Bethesda is working on an Elder Scrolls game at the moment (which I assume they are), I hope they're bringing a major rebuild to the table, because TOW really undresses the Bethesda titles in these series. 
I'm liking The Outer Worlds as well, and agree about FO4, not sure about FO3 it seems more comparable there.  I think New Vegas is actually the closest comparison with the factions, weapon mods, and character building, which makes sense since it is mostly the same group.

Does anyone do the PS Now subscription?  Just wondering how it works and how you like it?  Just saw it this past weekend when I logged onto my PS4.  But didn't really look into it too much.  Do the games play through the internet, or do you download them onto your box?  Is there lag?  Are there enough good games on there to make it worth it?

It seems like it might be something worth trying, but not sure exactly what to expect.
No one has any thoughts on this?

Users who are viewing this thread