Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

46 minutes ago, wazoo11 said:

Is it possible to run Windows games on a ūüĖ•? I would love to play fallout 4 or red dead redemption 2

Yes. You'll need to do it through a virtual desktop, often just referred to as bootcamp:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

I can't help you beyond that, I've never done it.

• Replies 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SlaX

• Insein

• NewlyRetired

• STEADYMOBBIN 22

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap Tornado Man is growing into his role as a leader.  This is most readily seen by his consistent use of the phrases, "This way.

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?

And this is the mentality that keeps me from playing MP most of the time.

20 minutes ago, need2know said:

Anyone play ff7 remake yet?   Getting great reviews.   Gonna get it

I am most the way through and am tired of the filler. I put it on easy mode last night to grind through the battles faster.

Normal mode is not even hard, just the battles are too slow.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, Big League Chew said:

ive been playing some rocket league lately on the switch. pretty fun game to just pickup and play

Yup, I got it last week also.  Been cross playing w a friend on Xbox.  

1 hour ago, MTskibum said:

I am most the way through and am tired of the filler. I put it on easy mode last night to grind through the battles faster.

Normal mode is not even hard, just the battles are too slow.

Wow is it that much of a grind?  Guess I will see for myself 

2 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

Are you on switch ? Cool I didn’t know I could cross play my bud on xbox

Yup.  Cross play between all 4.  Just have to get their player ID and add them as a friend.  

You're probably already playing cross play unless it takes like 10+ minutes to matchmake.   Doesn't seem like the player base on Nintendo is that big.   The players are pretty awful as well.  

On 4/18/2020 at 4:17 PM, need2know said:

Wow is it that much of a grind?  Guess I will see for myself 

To me it feels like they stretched 5 hours of content into a 35 hour game.

I loved the original, it is one of my few platinum trophies on PSN.

Edited by MTskibum
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, wazoo11 said:

Is the mass effect series worth revisiting on steam? What about fallout 4?

You haven't played Mass Effect?? YES, YES, YES!.  Umm... my vote is yes it's worth revisiting.  It has it's highs and lows, but overall the first 3 mass effects are probably my favorite game series of all times.  If you've never played a mass effect before (kinda confused by what you mean by revisit, so not 100% sure if you've played it before, but if you have also not sure why are you asking..) you should run though all 3 of the original ME trilogy.  The first is a little bit rough of a game at times, they were still figuring out the series, second game may be my flat out favorite game ever made top to bottom, and I love the third until the last 5 minutes.  So far I could take or leave the 4th game Andromeda, it's unrelated to ME1-3, wasn't bad, just wasn't anything special to me.

FO4 most people love, i'm really the outlier on it.  I really enjoyed playing with it until I got too far in the main story, then I started to have "issues" because I didn't really like what I was being told to do by the groups I had chosen to side with.  It's a top notch game, so if you like Fallout, go for it, it's well done.

• Like 2

I have moved on from HZD to God of War. I have not totally given up on HZD but I do think I may like God of War better. Although the further I get in to God of War I am not sure. Seems like with more modern games there is a lot to do that you just don't know about because there is no instruction. Wheels for weapons,ammo,clothing etc...

Without cheating by using a walk through I have no real idea what I have to do to get upgrades,which upgrades are worth getting etc.....

I have a copy of Fallourt 4 but if I recall correctly that is much of the same?

14 minutes ago, The Tick said:

You haven't played Mass Effect?? YES, YES, YES!.  Umm... my vote is yes it's worth revisiting.  It has it's highs and lows, but overall the first 3 mass effects are probably my favorite game series of all times.  If you've never played a mass effect before (kinda confused by what you mean by revisit, so not 100% sure if you've played it before, but if you have also not sure why are you asking..) you should run though all 3 of the original ME trilogy.  The first is a little bit rough of a game at times, they were still figuring out the series, second game may be my flat out favorite game ever made top to bottom, and I love the third until the last 5 minutes.  So far I could take or leave the 4th game Andromeda, it's unrelated to ME1-3, wasn't bad, just wasn't anything special to me.

FO4 most people love, i'm really the outlier on it.  I really enjoyed playing with it until I got too far in the main story, then I started to have "issues" because I didn't really like what I was being told to do by the groups I had chosen to side with.  It's a top notch game, so if you like Fallout, go for it, it's well done.

I would say Mass Effect doesn’t pick up til game 2, but it’s pretty phenomenal. 

24 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:
38 minutes ago, The Tick said:

I love ME2, but it's always so hard to go backwards in terms of movement, cover, shooting, etc. I recently tried to play it, and I grew frustrated.

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

1 is much grander in scale and scope and is my favorite personally but I can see why people love 2 more.

• Thanks 1
On 4/18/2020 at 11:19 AM, bigmarc27 said:

Is Fallout 76 worth a minute of my time now or is it still a mess?

I've been reading very positive things about it now that they released the free expansion that adds NPC's and essentially makes it feel more like a "real" Fallout game. I'll definitely be going back to it sometimes soon with my gf, we felt burned at the beginning and dropped it after like a dozen hours. We actually weren't hating it but friends of ours, a couple we had been hyped to play it with, were having such terrible problems with it crashing and glitching that we moved on to other things. I always thought it had more potential than people gave it credit for and I think Bethesda is finally tapping into that. Seeing as I already own it, I re-downloaded it this week on both PS4's and let it update so that when we feel like jumping in it's ready to go. I'll post in here with thoughts about it once we get into it again. 

2 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Still slogging through Days Gone. Long game that I haven't had much time with lately. How do you do spoilers? Want to ask how far along I am without giving anything away.

[soiler] ... [/spoiler] spelled right

• Thanks 1
On 4/23/2020 at 6:47 AM, The Tick said:

I will agree with this. Mass Effect 1-3 is quite possibly my favorite series and I play mostly FPS/TPS with friends. Andromeda is better than the backlash it got but they made some crazy stupid decisions with character models. I created a main character that looks 100X better than their derpy one they decided on using they own engine in like 15 minutes. The game is solid but has a weird we want to be different but use the same lore and assets.....so we are not different. With ME1-3 make sure to look into dlcs for ME2 & 3. Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, bigmarc27 said:

I would disagree. ME1 is the best in the series

4 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

So apparently a disgruntled employee leaked the plot of The Last of Us 2.  Speaking as somebody who hated the direction they went with Uncharted 4, it sounds like I will probably be passing on this title or waiting until it hits the bargain bin.

Yea I saw the leak. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one. I liked it enough but wasn't blown away by it. Those that are fans are going to be pissed. 

This is like Terminator Dark Fate bad. 

Edited by Insein
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Days Gone. How close to done am I?

Hide contents

Just did the mission to get the Hemlock for the wife.

You're getting there but there still maybe 15% left, just dead reckoning from memory. Also depends on how you deal with Hordes that should very much be in play around now

Edited by msommer
2 hours ago, msommer said:

You're getting there but there still maybe 15% left, just dead reckoning from memory. Also depends on how you deal with Hordes that should very much be in play around now

I had to take out one. I'm sure you recall that mission. I know that is a huge aspect of the game but, TBH, really not in to the horde thing. Would prefer to avoid them. But I imagine that possibility is dwindling.

51 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

I had to take out one. I'm sure you recall that mission. I know that is a huge aspect of the game but, TBH, really not in to the horde thing. Would prefer to avoid them. But I imagine that possibility is dwindling.

At the Saw Mill? There are two missions there, one a bounty mission, the other a story mission. Only the story mission requires you to take out the horde IIRC. If you are  you did the story mission you are further ahead than I thought.
My loadout for something like that is as many proximity bombs/mines, molotovs etc as I can carry, lots of material to make new ones, the Chicago Chopper and the RPD - then reload at your bike when you are low (after the horde has gone back) 

Edited by msommer
On 4/11/2020 at 8:03 PM, adonis said:

Asking for recommendations here:

Loved Witcher 3, RDR2, and the Assassin's Creed games.  Enjoy games with a solid story line and nice open world options.  

Has anything come out lately that fits that bill and is a good game?  Already beat Zelda BOTW.  Also enjoy Civilizaition games but with 3 kids, and parents with 2 full time jobs, the time just isn't there.  Any recommendations for new games to try along these lines?

Horizon Zero Dawn

5 hours ago, msommer said:
  Hide contents

At the Saw Mill? There are two missions there, one a bounty mission, the other a story mission. Only the story mission requires you to take out the horde IIRC. If you are  you did the story mission you are further ahead than I thought.
My loadout for something like that is as many proximity bombs/mines, molotovs etc as I can carry, lots of material to make new ones, the Chicago Chopper and the RPD - then reload at your bike when you are low (after the horde has gone back) 

He probably means the one when you get the napalm molotov. That gas station place with the trucks in front that form narrow corridors to get the horde bottlenecked in.

5 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

Hide contents

He probably means the one when you get the napalm molotov. That gas station place with the trucks in front that form narrow corridors to get the horde bottlenecked in.

Forgot that one. 

7 hours ago, msommer said:

Forgot that one. 

Yes, the molotov mission. I should have just said that, wouldn't have needed the spoiler.

I did that bounty mission at the sawmill long ago. Not the other. I guess I know I have at least one more horde battle to go. :)

Is wiping out all hordes required to finish the game?

My 5 y.o. has had limited exposure to console games, but we typically let him play the old Nintendo Wii.  Thanks to being at home all the #### time now, and the wife and I both needing to work, we've relaxed our rules a bit and let him play a lot more.  He started watching Skylanders on Netflix, so I got him some of the Skylander Wii games used on eBay only to realize after they came that I needed actual hardware and figures to play the game.  I got a few on eBay and he's been playing ever since.  

Yes - I know these games are 5-10 years old...but I the incorporation of the characters and the portal are pretty dang cool.  I played 2 player with him for a few hours today and I think we both enjoyed it honestly.  He started getting frustrated that we didn't have the right guys to do certain levels since we only have like 8 or so characters.  I looked randomly on Facebook Marketplace and found a lady about 20 minutes away selling 100+ characters, as well as 2 more games and some more portals for $60.  I offered her $45 and she took it - I'll go grab them tomorrow and surprise him.  I figure if I can keep him 5 years behind the video game technology curve, it'll pay for at least a semester of college by the time he's 18.  Hopefully he'll find out about Nintendo Switch in 2025.

4 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Is wiping out all hordes required to finish the game

Not at all. But you get nice guns that way. Also  remember to wipe out all the marauder camps

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Oh, I make all marauder camps my b*tch. :)

Don't go after hordes with the Rock Chuck. It just isn't made for it

Edited by msommer
1 minute ago, msommer said:

Don't go after hordes with the Rock Chuck. It just isn't made for it

So I shouldn't have picked that skill?

Speaking of that, I am already to the point where the skills i have left to pick are all "meh." Kind of disappointed with the skill tree. I mean, I have had to repair my bike maybe three times the entire game. Yet it's a level 3 or so skill for it to take less scrap to fix your bike. Seriously, who cares? I'd of rather had, I dunno, a skill to FIND more scrap or something.

11 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

So I shouldn't have picked that skill?

Speaking of that, I am already to the point where the skills i have left to pick are all "meh." Kind of disappointed with the skill tree. I mean, I have had to repair my bike maybe three times the entire game. Yet it's a level 3 or so skill for it to take less scrap to fix your bike. Seriously, who cares? I'd of rather had, I dunno, a skill to FIND more scrap or something.

The Rock chuck (IIRC) is the silenced gun you get for having destroyed all the marauder camps (its silencer doesn't degrade).

Oh, take that skill - I've been short of scrap so many times and then been tricked by the old rope across the road marauder ambush (random) which destroys your engine no matter how slow you go. It sucks to have to walk back to camp 'cause you don't have enough scrap. Can't remember if there are any skills that reduce the use of scrap for mending your melee weapons.

Both my play throughs I've run out of skills before I finished and I'm always scounging for scrap (I wish I could store it in camp when there's plenty)....

Get the metal axe from the ski lodge, it's outside in the back with the view at a bench. It rocks. And keep it repaired because it doesn't respawn (it exist in one other location in the game which I forget) 

Edited by msommer