What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

Its so freaking weird. I'll never understand it.

Its basically a race to see who can spend more dumb money to get "players" with better digital stats so that they can beat other idiots who just spent slightly less money for their "players"'' digital stats. It doesn't mean you're a better player, it just means you're more ok with spending money. Its absurd.

And yeah, once the year is over, all that "accomplishment" is wiped clean.
Of course you'll never understand it because you've clearly never played.  The best/most rare cards often aren't really the best and just because you spent a bunch of money and gave high level cards/players, that faaaaaar from guarantees you a win vs a team with lesser attributes.  

I would think on a fantasy football forum people would understand the appeal of MUT modes even if they don't enjoy them themselves.  It's not a stretch to see it as the equivalent of a redraft league.  

Of course you'll never understand it because you've clearly never played.  The best/most rare cards often aren't really the best and just because you spent a bunch of money and gave high level cards/players, that faaaaaar from guarantees you a win vs a team with lesser attributes.  

I would think on a fantasy football forum people would understand the appeal of MUT modes even if they don't enjoy them themselves.  It's not a stretch to see it as the equivalent of a redraft league.  
I understand that player skill is obviously involved.

But at the end of the day, its just a mechanism for the developers to milk money out of their whales. Any mode where you can pay real money to have a better chance (obviously not guaranteed, but undeniably better) to beat other players is ridiculous.

And the cash flow that it has created has eliminated basically all incentive for innovation/improvement of other modes, which basically ruins things for everyone who doesn't play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the new Spiderman is as good as the first one, I may not wait 3 years to get a PlayStation this time around.

edit: why did they have to make the system so hideous, though?

I understand that player skill is obviously involved.

But at the end of the day, its just a mechanism for the developers to milk money out of their whales. Any mode where you can pay real money to have a better chance (obviously not guaranteed, but undeniably better) to beat other players is ridiculous.

And the cash flow that it has created has eliminated basically all incentive for innovation/improvement of other modes, which basically ruins things for everyone who doesn't play it.
I agree with everything but the bolded.  If you're nice on the sticks, it doesn't matter.  And there are all kinds of glitchy silver cards that are better than golds.   Overall card rating isn't the whole story, at all.  Knowledge and skills will beat $$$ 99.9% of the time. And there's nothing you can just buy that you also can't grind to get over time (maybe a few exclusives, but the principal remains).

Your last paragraph is the most legit reason to be anti-MUT. 

Would have to be pretty substantial for me to buy it. Games on disc still seem to drop in price much faster than digital versions. I save quite a bit by buying discs a few months after release when the digital versions are still full price.
The digital marketplaces have gotten much better about cutting prices, especially during seasonal sales (much like the Steam PC model).  I've gone from getting used discs to exclusively digital copies as a result over the last couple of years.

Preorders will be gang busters, so many people sitting on stimulus checks, etc. I don’t believe for one second their production isn’t impacted by COVID either so likely will be shortages. Might be able to flip a PS5 for substantial profit like the PS3 launch.

Anyone know if there's any chance any of the launch titles will be available for PS4 as well?  I think I remember some of the PS4 launch games were also released for the PS3.

The launch was underwhelming. 

I love the look of the machine and the controllers. I won''t be doing the camera thing.

The launch titles other GT7 (which I am so in for) and Demon's Soul were so kid orientated that it was boring.

I am really going to need an upgrade on my tv to get full use out of this. 

I bet it comes in at 599.99 with deals taking to down to 549.00 at some places.

The launch was underwhelming. 

I love the look of the machine and the controllers. I won''t be doing the camera thing.

The launch titles other GT7 (which I am so in for) and Demon's Soul were so kid orientated that it was boring.

I am really going to need an upgrade on my tv to get full use out of this. 

I bet it comes in at 599.99 with deals taking to down to 549.00 at some places.
Exactly what I thought too. In LOVE with the design.

But the games omg were so bad. So many cartoon styled games, and jeebus what in the actual #### was that Goodbye Volcano High game? The last thing I thought I'd ever see was a video game for furries.

I only bought one Madden this console generation, '17. I don't even touch that all too much. If I have a football fix, I still go to my PS2 Maddens. 07 is usually my go to. But to be fair I usually sim through my franchises.

Back in the day when effort was put toward Franchise mode. I haven't actually played on field Madden for years. I just enjoy team building, simming, seeing how my team does. Drafting, adding free agents, seeing how your team evolves through the years, watching a player's stats as they progress, etc, etc. That is what's fun to me.
Madden 20 was actually pretty good and I liked the Franchise mode on it. They had done some redesign compared to piror years.

I am not sure I am going to be an early adopter for the PS5. Probably will wait till Christmas 2021 at the earliest. 

Madden 20 was actually pretty good and I liked the Franchise mode on it. They had done some redesign compared to piror years.
Yep they redid some of it and I did like the fact they added RPO's to the game finally and the trick plays. However it still has a lot to work on 

I have been waiting for the next Gran Turismo, I will get a decent 300-500 dollar wheel and pedal this time along with the PS5. I would pick one up now if I knew it would be forward compatible.

I've been reading reviews on that one and am still on the fence. We have it for the Wii U, is it worth the money to get it for the Switch too?
We find it to be a good party game or family game. Four people at a time can race, it's pretty fun.

Star Wars Squadrons looks awesome.  I've loved these games dating back to X-Wing and TIE Fighter in the mid 1990s.  SW Battlefront 2 had a really good starfighter assault mode as well.
Man, I've been saying all along this may be the single thing that could get me into VR!  Really excited for a new one of these, I loved them growing up, I have them all on steam, but haven't really been able to get back into them much.

Yeah, it's only $14 now on the store. For that price, I grabbed it. Will probably be a while before I start on it though.
I also grabbed Spiderman and God of War.  Both had come out at times I was busy and quite frankly I just forgot about them.  All three cost less than 1 new AAA title.  

Those three should keep me busy for the rest of 2020. 

Assuming I purchase TLOU2 when I finish those 3 and that may be my end of the PS4 and on to the PS5.  (Still on the fence about when to upgrade.  Never have been an early adopter, so maybe June 2021.)

Star Wars Squadrons looks awesome. I loved Tie Fighter and X-Wing big time. Played both to death on the PC. 

No doubt I will see how Squadrons looks and will look at it Christmas time.

Days Gone was fantastic!!!

I need to get to Spiderman as I picked it up super cheap and have yet to dive in. I will though before year end.

It has been noting but The Show 20 (and Warzone now with my son and his friends lol...fun stuff) for me. I can’t stop playing baseball right now. I have two franchises going strong.

Man, I've been saying all along this may be the single thing that could get me into VR!  Really excited for a new one of these, I loved them growing up, I have them all on steam, but haven't really been able to get back into them much.
VR has always needed (and lacked) a killer app.  Maybe this is the one to tip the balance.

Well, I'm anxiously looking forward to the Xbox Series X this November to replace my launch (Day 1) Xbox One from 2013. It's held strong, being used every single day for almost 7 years. I did have the external power supply fail early this year, but thankfully I was able to grab a cheapo $15 replacement off Amazon.

Well, I'm anxiously looking forward to the Xbox Series X this November to replace my launch (Day 1) Xbox One from 2013. It's held strong, being used every single day for almost 7 years. I did have the external power supply fail early this year, but thankfully I was able to grab a cheapo $15 replacement off Amazon.
I also got a Day 1 Xbox.  Went back day 2 for a bad power supply.  Then that one went back about 2 weeks later for a bad DVD drive.  And I've replaced the external power supply three times after that.

Love the technology, but man they have to do better with the machine.  It's like owning an Italian car.

I also grabbed Spiderman and God of War.  Both had come out at times I was busy and quite frankly I just forgot about them.  All three cost less than 1 new AAA title.  

Those three should keep me busy for the rest of 2020. 

Assuming I purchase TLOU2 when I finish those 3 and that may be my end of the PS4 and on to the PS5.  (Still on the fence about when to upgrade.  Never have been an early adopter, so maybe June 2021.)

Star Wars Squadrons looks awesome. I loved Tie Fighter and X-Wing big time. Played both to death on the PC. 

No doubt I will see how Squadrons looks and will look at it Christmas time.

Days Gone was fantastic!!!

I need to get to Spiderman as I picked it up super cheap and have yet to dive in. I will though before year end.

It has been noting but The Show 20 (and Warzone now with my son and his friends lol...fun stuff) for me. I can’t stop playing baseball right now. I have two franchises going strong.
I've been working on Spider-Man for a couple of months now and really enjoy it. Great mechanics and storyline. It also happens to be the first Non-Minecraft game (until Animal Crossing lol) that I've been able to get our daughter interested in. She mostly enjoys slinging around and playing around in Central Park though haha, she doesn't actually do the missions. 

Last of Us 2 got a 10 on IGN. Rarely buy a game right away but think I will....
The first one was my favorite game ever, so I’ve been looking forward to this for a while. Probably picking it up at midnight, and taking a vacation day Friday to play it all day. 

Last of Us 2 got a 10 on IGN. Rarely buy a game right away but think I will....
You can get the game but under no circumstances should you base it on pre-release reviews.

They've only released the game to outlets that they have allowed so far and pretty much all of them have a perfect score. Nothing suspicious at all there. Gaming "Journalism" is just an advertising branch of these companies now. 

Users who are viewing this thread