Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 31.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SlaX

    1497

  • Insein

    1457

  • STEADYMOBBIN 22

    1093

  • NewlyRetired

    1091

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap Tornado Man is growing into his role as a leader.  This is most readily seen by his consistent use of the phrases, "This way.

And this is the mentality that keeps me from playing MP most of the time.

On 6/15/2020 at 2:33 PM, ShamrockPride said:

Yeah, it's only $14 now on the store. For that price, I grabbed it. Will probably be a while before I start on it though.

Is that the PS store or Microsoft? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Played Sniper Ghost Warrior Series. This series is a great for anyone who loves sniping. Upgrading the sniper rifle and adjusting the scope for range, wind etc is a lot of fun too. Finished Ghost Warrior 3 but playing the DLC 2 stories now. Ones a pro log to the main character's partner which gives the backstory to events you find out about while progressing in the story and another without any spoilers goes in depth and give you an advantage from the bad guy side as the protagonist is very important. 

Gonna play Contracts the next game in this after. I suggest the series for anyone into the whole sniping and stealth stuff. Most in-depth to a game that is purely about sniping I've ever gotten into. Wish I found the series when it first started. 3 is more open world too similar to Ghost Recond Breaking Point and WIldlands though. 

Edited by DJackson10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the story in GOW. Thought I'd do some clean up on side quests and stuff. After about an hour and nearly impaling my TV with the controller, I have decided Sigrun will remain firmly in control of Midgard. Sorry Midgardians, you're on your own. Sucks to be you.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Finished the story in GOW. Thought I'd do some clean up on side quests and stuff. After about an hour and nearly impaling my TV with the controller, I have decided Sigrun will remain firmly in control of Midgard. Sorry Midgardians, you're on your own. Sucks to be you.

I had to lower it to easy to beat her.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Finished the story in GOW. Thought I'd do some clean up on side quests and stuff. After about an hour and nearly impaling my TV with the controller, I have decided Sigrun will remain firmly in control of Midgard. Sorry Midgardians, you're on your own. Sucks to be you.

Try it on God mode bro

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jobarules said:

I had to lower it to easy to beat her.

booo.   You got to learn the dance.   Its challenging for sure.  One of the hardest boss battles of all time

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Nope, to many games in the queue to waste any more time on a post-story fight. Simply time to move on.

Sounds like my brother texting me for my b-day the other day. He gives all these random facts and birthdays and deaths and I'm like you are forgetting someone. Around 10:30 that night he's like We don't have time to waste anymore. After all it is your birthday 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 11:33 PM, MTskibum said:

I have been waiting for the next Gran Turismo, I will get a decent 300-500 dollar wheel and pedal this time along with the PS5. I would pick one up now if I knew it would be forward compatible.

What wheel ya looking at?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, E Street Brat said:

Is either Days Gone or Last of Us on PC?

 

A quick google from my phone is kind of confusing me.

99% sure those are both PS exclusives. Sorry, Last of Us II. I didn't look at Last of Us.

Edited by DallasDMac
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any old time gamers know of RPG games similar to old school games like AD&D's Secret of the Silver Blades, or Curse of the Azure Bonds, or even similar to the Ultima series? Looking for a  turn based game, D&D style adventure. I don't particularly care for first person POV or real time slasher games where you just button mash.  Or, in lieu of new games, anywhere I can play those old games.

I apologize if this was already discussed, I only got through the first 612 pages before I got tired of reading... 😉😉  Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Raylove said:

Any old time gamers know of RPG games similar to old school games like AD&D's Secret of the Silver Blades, or Curse of the Azure Bonds, or even similar to the Ultima series? Looking for a  turn based game, D&D style adventure. I don't particularly care for first person POV or real time slasher games where you just button mash.  Or, in lieu of new games, anywhere I can play those old games.

I apologize if this was already discussed, I only got through the first 612 pages before I got tired of reading... 😉😉  Thanks in advance.

My favorite RPG of all time. There has and will never be a game that even approaches the depth this game has. I play on what I consider the best free server there is. 

uorenaissance

Im not a big Turn based guy with the exception of Mordheim: City of the Damned

Pretty sure the Might & Magic series falls under your asks. Bothe old school and turn based. 
 

A AD&D game I really liked was AD&D: Warriors of the Eternal Sun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Raylove said:

Any old time gamers know of RPG games similar to old school games like AD&D's Secret of the Silver Blades, or Curse of the Azure Bonds, or even similar to the Ultima series? Looking for a  turn based game, D&D style adventure. I don't particularly care for first person POV or real time slasher games where you just button mash.  Or, in lieu of new games, anywhere I can play those old games.

I apologize if this was already discussed, I only got through the first 612 pages before I got tired of reading... 😉😉  Thanks in advance.

The Gold Box series is what truly hooked me on computer gaming back in the day. Pool or Radiance onward. I think I still have all those in a box somewhere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

The Gold Box series is what truly hooked me on computer gaming back in the day. Pool or Radiance onward. I think I still have all those in a box somewhere.

Those were all games I drooled over but didn’t have the PC to run during that era. We were stuck with my friends fathers 486. These were the MS-Dos days and his father’s computer was always so full memory wise that we would have to delete files to make room. One time I wrote the command “del”. We watched in horror as the cpu began deleting everything on the C drive. 
 

:lmao: We hit the circuit breaker and tried blaming it on a storm. He did not buy it. We didn’t have a computer for another 5-8 years. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Computer Gaming World's reviewer stated that although the game was very short (he finished it in six hours), the narrow time limit, exciting battles, and opportunity to gain power made it appealing to adventurers.

Another trip down memory lane. I LOVED that magazine. Is it still around I wonder? Time to google.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raylove said:

Any old time gamers know of RPG games similar to old school games like AD&D's Secret of the Silver Blades, or Curse of the Azure Bonds, or even similar to the Ultima series? Looking for a  turn based game, D&D style adventure. I don't particularly care for first person POV or real time slasher games where you just button mash.  Or, in lieu of new games, anywhere I can play those old games.

I apologize if this was already discussed, I only got through the first 612 pages before I got tired of reading... 😉😉  Thanks in advance.

The below 3 games are all based on dnd 2nd edition rules:

Baldurs gate

Icewind Dale

Planescape: Torment 

The below games are turn-based but not dnd.

Dragon age 1

Divinity original sin

 

 

 

Edited by MTskibum
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raylove said:

Any old time gamers know of RPG games similar to old school games like AD&D's Secret of the Silver Blades, or Curse of the Azure Bonds, or even similar to the Ultima series? Looking for a  turn based game, D&D style adventure. I don't particularly care for first person POV or real time slasher games where you just button mash.  Or, in lieu of new games, anywhere I can play those old games.

I apologize if this was already discussed, I only got through the first 612 pages before I got tired of reading... 😉😉  Thanks in advance.

Tyranny is imperfect but I’d recommend it. The Divinity Original Sin games. I just bought Torment: Tides of Numenera for $10 on sale on Steam- haven’t played it yet but it’s reviewed well. There’s a new Baldurs Gate coming out soon. 

Edited by thecatch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Started Borderlands 3 this weekend. After the past few games where I really enjoyed the stories (Days Gone, GOW, etc.), BL3 just seems so "meh." Shoot bad guy. Collect loot. LOTS of loot. Try to sort thru loot to see if it is better than current loot. Move on to next bad guy. Repeat. Just not doing it for me. Think I need to save that one for when I am in the mood for simple violence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Started Borderlands 3 this weekend. After the past few games where I really enjoyed the stories (Days Gone, GOW, etc.), BL3 just seems so "meh." Shoot bad guy. Collect loot. LOTS of loot. Try to sort thru loot to see if it is better than current loot. Move on to next bad guy. Repeat. Just not doing it for me. Think I need to save that one for when I am in the mood for simple violence.

Yeah. The story and BL2 were fantastic. They got rid of the guy in charge of that and the story and characters for BL3 are pretty lackluster. The game is definitely strictly a looter shooter aimed mostly at guys who enjoy grinding the endgame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GroveDiesel said:

Yeah. The story and BL2 were fantastic. They got rid of the guy in charge of that and the story and characters for BL3 are pretty lackluster. The game is definitely strictly a looter shooter aimed mostly at guys who enjoy grinding the endgame.

And for co-op probably? Which I don't do. It was an impulse buy at Christmas and I didn't spend much on it, so not a huge loss if I never really get back to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Borderlands 3 was fun, but I didn't have the motivation to go back and play it over again as much as I did Bl2. And I haven't really been all that motivated to play the DLC either.

Good game, glad I bought it and played through it a couple of times. But not a classic. The story and characters definitely were not nearly as good.  I played as Moze, and even though I was able to put together a pretty insane high-damage build,  it just wasn't as fun to play as the previous game.  Handsome Jack was just a much more interesting antagonist than those stupid twins.  I also enjoyed the enemy designs on Bl2 more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

About halfway through last of us 2.  amazing.  easily the best thing I have played so far this year

Edited by need2know
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, need2know said:

About halfway through last of us 2.  amazing.  easily the best thing I have played so far this year

I've been enjoying it until after Day 3 plot shift. I get what they're trying to do but from a video game perspective not crazy about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, need2know said:

About halfway through last of us 2.  amazing.  easily the best thing I have played so far this year

Yeah, I'm probably nearing the halfway point. Really enjoying it, but, man, it really gets my adrenaline up. I prefer stealth and sneaking around versus guns blazing, and I pretty much assume there's infected behind every closed door, so I'm constantly crouching and going slow and waiting for something to jump out at me. It's very stressful. I simultaneous want to play forever but also want it to be over with.

I'm middle-aged and have almost no recollection of playing the first Last of Us, so maybe the sequel is the same, but I love the save system. When you're taking out enemies, it basically autosaves every couple minutes, which means I can experiment with different strategies and, if one doesn't work, I can reload and go back 1 minute and try something else. The best is when you're in an area with human enemies and infected, and you throw a bottle or brick just right so that the infected go after the humans and they take each other out. So satisfying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, phandango said:

Yeah, I'm probably nearing the halfway point. Really enjoying it, but, man, it really gets my adrenaline up. I prefer stealth and sneaking around versus guns blazing, and I pretty much assume there's infected behind every closed door, so I'm constantly crouching and going slow and waiting for something to jump out at me. It's very stressful. I simultaneous want to play forever but also want it to be over with.

I'm middle-aged and have almost no recollection of playing the first Last of Us, so maybe the sequel is the same, but I love the save system. When you're taking out enemies, it basically autosaves every couple minutes, which means I can experiment with different strategies and, if one doesn't work, I can reload and go back 1 minute and try something else. The best is when you're in an area with human enemies and infected, and you throw a bottle or brick just right so that the infected go after the humans and they take each other out. So satisfying. 

yes getting them to fight each other is always the way to go.   I am still able to stealth kill alot of enemies.  I also enjoy throwing the moltovs on anything

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jobarules said:

I've been enjoying it until after Day 3 plot shift. I get what they're trying to do but from a video game perspective not crazy about it.

not there yet.  guess i will find out soon what you are referring to

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jobarules said:

I've been enjoying it until after Day 3 plot shift. I get what they're trying to do but from a video game perspective not crazy about it.

I like it. I’m guessing it’s a way to build to an ending like the first game where you can see both sides and it’s hard to say what the right thing to do is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bcdjr1 said:

I like it. I’m guessing it’s a way to build to an ending like the first game where you can see both sides and it’s hard to say what the right thing to do is.

I just didn't like building up Elle and now I have to build up Abby [/spolier]

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 11:38 AM, E Street Brat said:

Is either Days Gone or Last of Us on PC?

 

A quick google from my phone is kind of confusing me.

I think you can get TLOU on your PC through the Sony PS Now service.  It's a Stadia competitor (afaik) in that it streams to your PC using a subscription model.  

I caved recently and subscribed to play Bloodborne and TLOU.  the PS Now app is janky, at best, during signing in, sometimes stalls, and the streamed quality can vary depending on whatever affects bandwidth.  But am I playing Bloodborne?  Yup.  Haven't tried TLOU yet.  Days Gone does not appear to be on the roster.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this isn't spoiler-y. In The Last of Us 2, there are flashbacks. I was like, "Phew! I can't die in a flashback because then future Ellie wouldn't exist and the game would collapse on itself, forming a singularity." Apparently I'm wrong! Now there's a black hole in our playroom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Downloaded Far Cry 3, 4 &5.

About to 100% Far Cry 3. Fun game, but it gets to be a grind with all the little side quests, relics and loot boxes trying to clear everything off the map. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ProstheticRGK said:

Downloaded Far Cry 3, 4 &5.

About to 100% Far Cry 3. Fun game, but it gets to be a grind with all the little side quests, relics and loot boxes trying to clear everything off the map. 

I loved 3 but 4 got super weird and I never finished it. Curious to hear your thoughts as you go from 3-5. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR69 said:

I loved 3 but 4 got super weird and I never finished it. Curious to hear your thoughts as you go from 3-5. 

I'll update. Now, you got me wondering how weird "super weird" is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ProstheticRGK said:

I'll update. Now, you got me wondering how weird "super weird" is.

I don’t want to spoil anything but if you agree you’ll see when you get to that point lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Days Gone by is starting to drag a little for me. I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. I am at a part now where I am finding LOTS of gas cans but can not figure out why. Is it really necessary to search everything? I am afraid I will miss a good gun or something but I am really tired of just searching. 

Why are there so many gas cans? I am in the little town where you cross a river to get into it. There is a large Paul Bunyon type statue there. There is a locked church, hotel, cabins, gas station. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, prosopis said:

Days Gone by is starting to drag a little for me. I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. I am at a part now where I am finding LOTS of gas cans but can not figure out why. Is it really necessary to search everything? I am afraid I will miss a good gun or something but I am really tired of just searching. 

Why are there so many gas cans? I am in the little town where you cross a river to get into it. There is a large Paul Bunyon type statue there. There is a locked church, hotel, cabins, gas station. 

Do the main story. Many games, this one included, can really begin to drag if you try to log every side quest. Take a break and advance the story a bit. And I'll tell you right now, you are NOT going to find any weapons worth a crap searching buildings. Weapons come from story missions and, more so, from gaining reputation at camps where they become available for sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I stumbled back into GTA online after hardly touching it when the game first came out.  This is a darn fun game after all the expansions and updates.  It's taken a bit of grinding to get to this point, but money is really no problem now that I'm past some of the paywalls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, prosopis said:

Days Gone by is starting to drag a little for me. I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. I am at a part now where I am finding LOTS of gas cans but can not figure out why. Is it really necessary to search everything? I am afraid I will miss a good gun or something but I am really tired of just searching. 

Why are there so many gas cans? I am in the little town where you cross a river to get into it. There is a large Paul Bunyon type statue there. There is a locked church, hotel, cabins, gas station. 

The gas cans are helpful when you want to get from one side of the map to another, especially before upgrading your gas tank. Trying to get your bike somewhere when you’re out of gas is a huge pain. There aren’t that many gas stations around. You won’t notice it as much near the beginning when you’re only dealing with part of the map, but it will be more apparent as the map expands.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Do the main story. Many games, this one included, can really begin to drag if you try to log every side quest. Take a break and advance the story a bit. And I'll tell you right now, you are NOT going to find any weapons worth a crap searching buildings. Weapons come from story missions and, more so, from gaining reputation at camps where they become available for sale.

I thought this was the main story? How can I tell if I am doing main story or side quest?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, prosopis said:

I thought this was the main story? How can I tell if I am doing main story or side quest?

I was basing my comment on this: " I feel like I am doing to much searching of buildings and burning nests. " It sounded as if you were off exploring and not following the mission path. My bad if I misunderstood.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...