Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, thecatch said:

They’ll both have SSDs and load times should be exponentially faster on both. Sony is touting a faster version of their SSD, but it’s a bit unclear to what extent thats true and if it is, whether it will make a noticeable difference. But yeah, better load times are why I’ll be preordering one of these even though it doesn’t look like either will launch with any killer exclusives. 


Oh, you’re kidding me. :lmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • SlaX

    1497

  • Insein

    1451

  • NewlyRetired

    1091

  • STEADYMOBBIN 22

    1087

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap Tornado Man is growing into his role as a leader.  This is most readily seen by his consistent use of the phrases, "This way.

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?

And this is the mentality that keeps me from playing MP most of the time.

In order to preorder a PS5 you need to register with Sony. Then they will determine if you are worthy of a VIP invitation.   This invitation still does not guarantee your preorder will be honored.  :lol: 

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:


Interesting. Does that hard drive speed translate to faster load times?  Little to no load times would indeed be a game changer. I don't even play some games solely because I fall asleep if their too long and often go back to back like if you accidentally go through the wrong door in Skyrim or FO.  
 

Any idea if Sony is going to have a better interface and online experience? This is where XBOX usually demolishes Sony.

Yeah I really hope Sony completely overhauls its store. It's terrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thecatch said:

They’ll both have SSDs and load times should be exponentially faster on both. Sony is touting a faster version of their SSD, but it’s a bit unclear to what extent thats true and if it is, whether it will make a noticeable difference. But yeah, better load times are why I’ll be preordering one of these even though it doesn’t look like either will launch with any killer exclusives. 

Oh for sure, I expect a huge jump in the performance of the xbox drive as well. Time will tell if Sony's customized drive is truly superior, but it seems that way from dev comments.

Either way, most games will likely perform similarly on both platforms. If someone is trying to decide, it's probably best to just get the one they'll  be able to play with friends on.

Edited by -arcK-
messed up
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, belljr said:

PlayStation console menu is 1000times better than Xbox

The reverse is true for online interface lol

Yeah every time I'm on my xbox, I hate the console UI but love the store. Opposite on PS4.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to give Fallout 76 a shout out.   Yes, it deserved tons of bad press when it was originally released, but to their credit Bethesda has improved the game considerably.   I've maxxed my account to the point that I'm discarding legendaries every hour, (far too many to sell/trade in), so if anyone starts this up find me and I'll hook your character up.

-Gaspumper

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 4:59 PM, belljr said:

In order to preorder a PS5 you need to register with Sony. Then they will determine if you are worthy of a VIP invitation.   This invitation still does not guarantee your preorder will be honored.  :lol: 

Is that just to buy through Sony or overall? 

Edit never mind it looks like they are doing for their own store SONY Playstation first and you got to have an existing PSN account so if you are new to PS universe and the the PS5 is gonna be your first console you are SOL. It also goes by how long you've been a PSN member (Shouldn't be an issue for me there) but however I think I'm gonna wait till I can get one at my local GameStop/Best Buy. I do not like ordering things like this through the company itself and plus I'm gonna have some trade ins to get the price down. 

Edited by DJackson10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got Madden 21 digitally (First game that came out I ever did this but it's more for anticipation of a PS5 console as only EA is honor PS4 Digital copies it seems) and playing Face of the Franchise. It's a nice story and more dialogue and cut scenes. The options for creating your avatar is more like changing your actual hair style then having some mod version they've had in past Game play feels a little stiff. Haven't gotten to anything else. 

Biggest complaint is the soundtrack the game has if you can't call it that. Its godawful I turned everyone of them off. It was a bunch of annoying base rap noiseif you could even call it rap. I miss the days of Blink 182 and others on the Madden Soundtrack. And the worst part is they don't even have the NFL Classical Orchestra themes that I'd usually put on. Guess I'm gonna be using Spotify as my own Madden Soundtrack again. I've yet to deep dive into franchise mode or play an actual NFL game yet. Lay out seems better though on the menu. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Which old Madden game is best if all you're interested in is building a team in franchise mode and sim-ing the seasons?

Don't know of they ever improved the mechanics in later versions but 2010 was the last I played and it seemed dumbed down. Before that was 06. That seemed pretty deep for the time. Controlling everything down to contracts and stadium names. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Capella said:

I bought the new madden. Brady is on the Bucs with their new uniforms. I get why people don’t like it but it works for me. Had fun playing it this weekend. :shrug: 

The game is perfectly fine and looks amazing, it’s just become monotonous to a lot of people, myself included. Same plays, same play art, same fonts, so it’s not that it’s bad, it’s just nothing new. 
 

Besides that there are no more big hits. I understand why it’s been removed from the real life game but it sure would be nice to lay the wood in electronica football. The tackling animations are about as boring as it gets

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

The game is perfectly fine and looks amazing, it’s just become monotonous to a lot of people, myself included. Same plays, same play art, same fonts, so it’s not that it’s bad, it’s just nothing new. 
 

Besides that there are no more big hits. I understand why it’s been removed from the real life game but it sure would be nice to lay the wood in electronica football. The tackling animations are about as boring as it gets

Yea I get why people are tired of it. I usually do 1 season with the Bucs and 1 with a fun qb like the Ravens or Chiefs so I’ll be done with it in a month. Never played online and never played franchise so I don’t really get tired of it. I’ll be done with this in time for the Avengers game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yea I get why people are tired of it. I usually do 1 season with the Bucs and 1 with a fun qb like the Ravens or Chiefs so I’ll be done with it in a month. Never played online and never played franchise so I don’t really get tired of it. I’ll be done with this in time for the Avengers game. 

What system?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Wait, Madden doesn't let you play both sides of the ball?  That doesn't sound right.

 

4 hours ago, belljr said:

Yeah doesn't sound right

 

4 hours ago, Capella said:

Definitely can. 


😂 I meant - it was the last madden I played where it was possible to have a dominate defense and actually stop opposing players.

Up until about 3 years ago 2-3 RL friends and I would play franchise seasons together, usually 5-8  consecutive seasons each year madden was released. 2010 was the only year that we could stop each other from throwing for 50-75 TDs and 7-10k passing yards a season. 
 

I loved that year. I think I won almost every championship that year .Vince Young was my QB 😂 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RC94 said:

Offline.  Single player mode, but multiplayer would also be good.

I am not sure what you mean by "arcade".

Cuphead plays similar to the ninja turtles and contra type games that were fairly popular in the early 90's. Where you dodge and attack with tough boss fights.

Dragon ball fighter z is a popular 2d fighter and that was also popular in the arcades 25 years ago.

 

Are you looking more for a game that you would find at Dave and busters, like a fruit ninja type game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MTskibum said:

I am not sure what you mean by "arcade".

Cuphead plays similar to the ninja turtles and contra type games that were fairly popular in the early 90's. Where you dodge and attack with tough boss fights.

Dragon ball fighter z is a popular 2d fighter and that was also popular in the arcades 25 years ago.

 

Are you looking more for a game that you would find at Dave and busters, like a fruit ninja type game?

I'll check out those games, thanks.

I think in general, by arcade game I mean a fun game that doesn't require a lot of strategy or thought to play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RC94 said:

I'll check out those games, thanks.

I think in general, by arcade game I mean a fun game that doesn't require a lot of strategy or thought to play.

If you're a PS+ subscriber, you can still get Fall Guys for free and it's fun as hell!

ETA: It requires online as you're playing with a bunch of people, but is essentially a single-player game.

Edited by Titans_fan
Clarification
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 10:20 AM, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Wasteland 3-

Never played the others but my friend swears by them. So far so good but it froze up on me about an hour in. 

Yeah, I played the first two all the way through.  Loved them both.  Holding up a bit on this one - don't think it was all the way baked yet.  My biggest complaint was the constant stream of random encounters that were hard to avoid and got very repetitious.  The humor and variety, though, were top-notch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Madden 21 - same as 16-20. 

Nothing has changed. EA won't stop until people stop being stupid and giving them money. EA is a crack dealers at this point. 

https://youtu.be/UX5_6M5LLwA

Worst game ever acco ding to Metacritic user score. 

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/madden-nfl-21

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Insein said:

Madden 21 - same as 16-20. 

Nothing has changed. EA won't stop until people stop being stupid and giving them money. EA is a crack dealers at this point. 

https://youtu.be/UX5_6M5LLwA

Worst game ever acco ding to Metacritic user score. 

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/madden-nfl-21

Finally!!! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Insein said:

Madden 21 - same as 16-20. 

Nothing has changed. EA won't stop until people stop being stupid and giving them money. EA is a crack dealers at this point. 

https://youtu.be/UX5_6M5LLwA

Worst game ever acco ding to Metacritic user score. 

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/madden-nfl-21

45 Positive Ratings 1%

17 Mixed Ratings 0%

2,982 Negative Ratings 97%


 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: dorks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 1:18 PM, Capella said:

I bought the new madden. Brady is on the Bucs with their new uniforms. I get why people don’t like it but it works for me. Had fun playing it this weekend. :shrug: 

I was never a big 2K fan of their NFL game honestly. Yeah they had a HT show and such but the gameplay and online play was horrendous (Just like any other 2K online game over the years). They had better graphics but really their franchise mode was not deep at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Insein said:

Madden 21 - same as 16-20. 

Nothing has changed. EA won't stop until people stop being stupid and giving them money. EA is a crack dealers at this point. 

https://youtu.be/UX5_6M5LLwA

Worst game ever acco ding to Metacritic user score. 

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/madden-nfl-21

They'll care when the idiots stop buying the VC for all the online stuff. That's why these sports games suck now. they all want to play real life fantasy football with Ultimate Teams and stuff like that and buying card packs and other things. Once EA and everyone else stops making money off of that especially 2K and their My Team stuff then the devs will actually care about doing better for the overall game. One of the worst parts about multiplayer and online happening in these games is when the Devs realized they can make money off of that put 100% of their effort in making online experience and completely ignored the offline and single player. Look how much negativity COD Black Ops 4 I believe got for no Campaign mode and just Multiplayer. I think I read 2K makes something insane like 100s of Millions of dollars on just the VC part alone. They could put more of that money into the budgets of fixing their overall games and still have enough money where it's ok to use as toilet paper without a second though. But they are too greedy. Despite making all of this money on VC they wonder why their UNIT's of the actual game are down. Because you left the player who doesn't care about online on the side lines and haven't done anything to keep their interest.

despite 2K having a deep NBA franchise mode they haven't done much since the huge CBA update to really do more with the game. The hiring of coaches and all still the same,  you can only stash 3 overseas players at a time now, the pre and post game are the exact same since the changes they made 5 yrs ago, they got Ronnie 2K who many of the players hate and lies to fans about additions that never happen and bullies actual gamers partnered with the game, etc. I will not be getting 2k21 this year. The WWE 2K game was their worst since acquiring the rights to make WWE games. EA Sports hasn't been much better. They took out creating your own club and importing it in FIFA, they took out multiple other options and put all their focus on Ultimate Team. Stuff us Career mode players have asked for yrs for they gave to the online UT players. We finally got a better player dev system which is almost the same as what PES has had for yrs, multiple teams not license anymore as FIFA doesn't have the budget to sign the rights too because of most of it now going to UT. The hockey has been better in Recent yrs but again Online keeps getting more cool features. We've gone over Madden. EA NBA was so bad over the last few yrs didn't even have a game this year. Really the only game that has made some solid changes in recent yrs and improved is MLB The Show. Still a few things missing but they did include Licensed Minor Leaguers finally and not generic fake named prospects and players for the minors. 

You need a happy medium where you don't alienate part of your customers and many of these game companies forget that. Infinity Ward and all learned that the hardware when they didn't include Campaign for COD BO4. Hardly anyone bought the game. There's a fine line of making money off of people but this is ridiculous. theres kids who play these games younger then 18 probably using their parents bank account to use online play and using their account to essentially gamble which is what these UT and MY Team things essentially are. Its all a scam. You see these game partners getting all these high rated cards and players but the companies fixed the system to give them the best packs to scam people out of their money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Capella said:

45 Positive Ratings 1%

17 Mixed Ratings 0%

2,982 Negative Ratings 97%


 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: dorks 

Only recourse the consumer has. Won't change anything since idiots still drop thousands every year on digital cards for their ultimate team that expires in less than a year. Then do it all over again the next year. If you're a business that can put out the same product you made back in 2012, change some colors on it and people still give you several billion, you're going to keep doing it every year with no concern for the vast majority. 

We're never getting a real football game again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Insein said:

Only recourse the consumer has. Won't change anything since idiots still drop thousands every year on digital cards for their ultimate team that expires in less than a year. Then do it all over again the next year. If you're a business that can put out the same product you made back in 2012, change some colors on it and people still give you several billion, you're going to keep doing it every year with no concern for the vast majority. 

We're never getting a real football game again. 

I guess I agree but I’m not a deep enough gamer to notice the problems. It’s fun for me. Honestly I don’t even know what a digital card is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

I guess I agree but I’m not a deep enough gamer to notice the problems. It’s fun for me. Honestly I don’t even know what a digital card is. 

When playing online, you can make your team better by "winning" (i.e. buying cardpacks and eventually finding) great NFL players. You can then use those players to beat people online. So basically pay a #### ton of money and you can find Montana, Rice, Barry Sanders, Deion, etc to be your players when you play online. So for a few months that you finally bought enough packs to get your ultimate team, you can be "better" than everyone online. Then when the new game comes out you have to do it all again because the cards don't carry over. And these idiots do it. Every year. They drop thousands on card that expire in less than a year. So EA as a business said screw the game. Focus everything on enhancing the ultimate team mode and getting people to pay more into it.

The result is they haven't changed the core game in almost a decade. They add and remove features. Then add them back a couple years later and call it an upgrade. They don't care. Minimal effort to crank out the product to get those pachinko machines raking in the goods every August. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Insein said:

When playing online, you can make your team better by "winning" (i.e. buying cardpacks and eventually finding) great NFL players. You can then use those players to beat people online. So basically pay a #### ton of money and you can find Montana, Rice, Barry Sanders, Deion, etc to be your players when you play online. So for a few months that you finally bought enough packs to get your ultimate team, you can be "better" than everyone online. Then when the new game comes out you have to do it all again because the cards don't carry over. And these idiots do it. Every year. They drop thousands on card that expire in less than a year. So EA as a business said screw the game. Focus everything on enhancing the ultimate team mode and getting people to pay more into it.

The result is they haven't changed the core game in almost a decade. They add and remove features. Then add them back a couple years later and call it an upgrade. They don't care. Minimal effort to crank out the product to get those pachinko machines raking in the goods every August. 

THOUSANDS?!????

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Insein said:

When playing online, you can make your team better by "winning" (i.e. buying cardpacks and eventually finding) great NFL players. You can then use those players to beat people online. So basically pay a #### ton of money and you can find Montana, Rice, Barry Sanders, Deion, etc to be your players when you play online. So for a few months that you finally bought enough packs to get your ultimate team, you can be "better" than everyone online. Then when the new game comes out you have to do it all again because the cards don't carry over. And these idiots do it. Every year. They drop thousands on card that expire in less than a year. So EA as a business said screw the game. Focus everything on enhancing the ultimate team mode and getting people to pay more into it.

The result is they haven't changed the core game in almost a decade. They add and remove features. Then add them back a couple years later and call it an upgrade. They don't care. Minimal effort to crank out the product to get those pachinko machines raking in the goods every August. 

I don't play sports games, but I've read a fair amount about how they're based on an economy of micro-transactions.  Really "micro-transactions" isn't the right term since we're not talking about $2.99 horse armor -- these things add up to serious coin.  Unfortunately, this practice is bleeding over into non-sports titles too.  GTA obviously makes a ton of money off shark cards.  I kind of enjoy grinding for money, but I know I'm an outlier on that one, and there is no way that all those Oppressor Mk. 2s were paid for through in-game businesses.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Capella said:

THOUSANDS?!????

Thousands is a drop in the bucket for most whales. I believe it’s something like less than .1% of gamers account for 50% of the revenue of games with micro transactions. Many are rich kids or rich adults with tons of money. Some are people trying to make it big on YouTube or twitch, etc. No one knows who many, but undoubtedly some percentage are people with gambling addiction problems.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...