What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

TheFanatic said:
We got the XBox Series X for the kids for Christmas. I'm having a hard time finding games that I can purchase and wrap up to give to them that are not mature. Right now I'm leaning towards printing a golden ticket or something for each of the boys that says they each get to download a game on Christmas morning. I would rather have them open something up, but the only games I can find are just XBox 1 games that will work in the Series X. Maybe it is better this way so dumb ol' dad doesn't pick a lame game. 

Oh, and the trick to getting one of the consoles was to log into the Target App and choose your store and opt for in store pick up. Don't go through the website or even the general app. It needs to be your local store. We got one but weren't sure it worked because we hadn't gotten a alert that the order was processed so my wife picked a different store and got a second one. The next morning we got alerts to go pick up our XBox at each store. The second one sold for $880 on Ebay in 42 minutes. 
All of the games my boys want, come out in 2021. Halo 6 and Lego Skywalker Saga.

So I got them Avengers, Call of Duty, and Mortal Kombat. They are virtual learning, so no worries about fights in school. 

I was still able to DL all the old crap, too. This system is outstanding.

😁

TheFanatic said:
We got the XBox Series X for the kids for Christmas. I'm having a hard time finding games that I can purchase and wrap up to give to them that are not mature. Right now I'm leaning towards printing a golden ticket or something for each of the boys that says they each get to download a game on Christmas morning. I would rather have them open something up, but the only games I can find are just XBox 1 games that will work in the Series X. Maybe it is better this way so dumb ol' dad doesn't pick a lame game. 

Oh, and the trick to getting one of the consoles was to log into the Target App and choose your store and opt for in store pick up. Don't go through the website or even the general app. It needs to be your local store. We got one but weren't sure it worked because we hadn't gotten a alert that the order was processed so my wife picked a different store and got a second one. The next morning we got alerts to go pick up our XBox at each store. The second one sold for $880 on Ebay in 42 minutes. 
Did you just keep checking the ap until you found one in stock?  All out of stock near me according to the ap.

Did you just keep checking the ap until you found one in stock?  All out of stock near me according to the ap.
That was on the 10th at midnight. Finding one now is not gonna happen until Black Friday. They will have them online only at Best Buy and Gamestop will have the XBox Series X too. But now I need a PS5

So sitting at dinner tonight and we are asking the kids what they want for Christmas. They all say PS5 and how much XBox sucks  :rant: :hot: :wall: :thumbdown: :kicksrock: :sadbanana: :doh:

So the XBox has been sold on the Ebay already. Finding an PS5 is next to impossible for less than $900. 

So sitting at dinner tonight and we are asking the kids what they want for Christmas. They all say PS5 and how much XBox sucks  :rant: :hot: :wall: :thumbdown: :kicksrock: :sadbanana: :doh:

So the XBox has been sold on the Ebay already. Finding an PS5 is next to impossible for less than $900. 
You're $880 ahead of the game. flip your extra Xbox and buy a PS5 for $900. You still come out alright.

Last edited by a moderator:

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?
I thought I was flipping them at exorbitant prices, but it looks like I was low. I'm not finding anything for $900. And after the fees on the XBox's I'm well under that. And I never planned on selling these. I've never done that in my life. I didn't think there was any way we would get 2 of these. 

Really, what I'm upset about is I thought I was set at Christmas on November 10th. Had I known, I could've gotten one of the PS5's. My kids have never said anything about a PS5 ever. They've always had an XBox. I thought this was a slam dunk. I'm upset about the switch out of no where. 

TheFanatic said:

Just buy Gamepass Ultimate and its an instant 100 + game library, which also includes a ton of EA games now going forward.

TheFanatic said:
Right! I just have to find one now. Anyone use StockX?
Don't use StockX. I do some business with sneakers.....their fees are stupid. I use any other selling or buying platform whenever I can.

Playing some Miles Morales finally. It's a beautiful game but seems so similar to the original. I did just finish the original last weekend so maybe that's why? Might need to pick up another game and then come back to this...

Don't use StockX. I do some business with sneakers.....their fees are stupid. I use any other selling or buying platform whenever I can.
The fee on this deal would be like $25. I'm not opposed to that. But if you have another option I would love to hear it. I have a guy locally that is selling on the Facebook marketplace. He is one exit down the highway from me. We agree on price and I said that I work from home and could meet him at the police station in his town in less than 10 minutes. He then says he's out of town till Wed. I say we can wait till then, expecting him to ask for a deposit. He didn't ask for a deposit and took the listing down. So I'm hoping that happens, but I'm looking for a plan B in case it doesn't. 

Also, I'm getting the PS5 Spiderman Ultimate edition and Godfell games for the kids, but I need a third game. Any suggestions for 3 boys ages 7 to 12?

Just finished Days Gone last night. Good, but not great. Never truly pulled me in. I'll play the sequel when/if it comes out.
I haven't played a non racing or GTA game in years and I'm blown away by good "Day Gone" has been so far.  

I've just hit the Going Nomad Again point, and have decided to stay up north and clean up the nests and and ambush sites before moving on.  I'm 1-0 against hoards, but I got lucky.   I was just messing around, circling a hoard of about 100 on my bike, and drew them in close to the snipers on the towers at Iron Mikes Farm by accident, The snipers just slayed them.   

I haven't played a non racing or GTA game in years and I'm blown away by good "Day Gone" has been so far.  

I've just hit the Going Nomad Again point, and have decided to stay up north and clean up the nests and and ambush sites before moving on.  I'm 1-0 against hoards, but I got lucky.   I was just messing around, circling a hoard of about 100 on my bike, and drew them in close to the snipers on the towers at Iron Mikes Farm by accident, The snipers just slayed them.  
There's a Tommy Gun style weapon that makes hordes easy. I just waited until I had it.

Has anyone picked up Crusader Kings III? If so, is it worth moving on from Crusader Kings II?

I'm mostly concerned with gameplay, not as much graphics/sound.

I used to game with a group on here back in the Black Ops through Ghosts and Xbox360 days.  I haven't played since.  Most upgraded and switched to PS4 and I just never upgraded and gave it up.  

I was able to get one of the PS5 bundles from Kohl's.  Received shipping notice tonight.  Purchased a 12 month subscription.  

Now, I need a monitor and headset.  Back in the day I had Audio technica open air headphones and bought a separate mic and used them with the Astro mix amp.  I forgot what kind of monitor I had.  Those are long gone.  I might still have the headphones, but they might be outdated from today's technology.   

What are the good headsets?  Monitors?

GT is Clawyer27 for anyone who wants to add me.  

I used to game with a group on here back in the Black Ops through Ghosts and Xbox360 days.  I haven't played since.  Most upgraded and switched to PS4 and I just never upgraded and gave it up.  

I was able to get one of the PS5 bundles from Kohl's.  Received shipping notice tonight.  Purchased a 12 month subscription.  

Now, I need a monitor and headset.  Back in the day I had Audio technica open air headphones and bought a separate mic and used them with the Astro mix amp.  I forgot what kind of monitor I had.  Those are long gone.  I might still have the headphones, but they might be outdated from today's technology.   

What are the good headsets?  Monitors?

GT is Clawyer27 for anyone who wants to add me.  
Primetime still plays warzone. Warzone is CODs battle royal styled match with 1-4 people on each team. I played a decent amount of it, as well as the wifey, but this was all on Xbox.

Primetime still plays warzone. Warzone is CODs battle royal styled match with 1-4 people on each team. I played a decent amount of it, as well as the wifey, but this was all on Xbox.
We ran all the time, years ago, with Otis, Manback. I think we had a FBG lobby. CoD 2. Good times.

I like the new one, but all the maps are old rehashes. They look nice, but a little variety would be good. Getting the hang after 2 years. I still swear at my TV.

We would have a whole crew on Saturday afternoon. This was many years ago. It was fun.

Decided to treat myself for Christmas during the Gamestop Black Friday sale. Ordered Outer Planets and Last of Us II. Told the wife she could grab the package (unfortunately not a euphemism) when it arrives and wrap them up for under the tree as there is no way I'll be anywhere near done with AC: Odyssey when those arrive.

I didn't originally even want a new console that badly, but now that they are impossible to find, I feel like I need one.  So dumb.

Having thus far been unable to secure one, I did lock up a 12 month xbox live gold subscription for $49 (link) and then combined that with Microsoft's offer to add Game Pass Ultimate for $1 per month on top of that, which it let me use even though I've done it before.  So at least I'll have game pass on the cheap for quite some time.

offer to add Game Pass Ultimate for $1 per month on top of that, which it let me use even though I've done it before.  So at least I'll have game pass on the cheap for quite some time.
are you getting $1 per month for many months?

It is only offering me $1 for the first month, and then $14.95 a month after that.

I didn't originally even want a new console that badly, but now that they are impossible to find, I feel like I need one.  So dumb.

Having thus far been unable to secure one, I did lock up a 12 month xbox live gold subscription for $49 (link) and then combined that with Microsoft's offer to add Game Pass Ultimate for $1 per month on top of that, which it let me use even though I've done it before.  So at least I'll have game pass on the cheap for quite some time.
haha, going through the same thing. Told myself I'd wait until next Christmas at the earliest, now I'm scouring every site etc. Hoping it's a phase, I won't find one and in a week, and I won't care anymore

I still haven't gotten the latest COD or next gen console.  I am truly in my golden years of gaming

Any Warzone guys seeing an obvious jump in cheating this weekend?

It had been months since I saw someone that i suspected of cheating and I've been killed by slam dunk, no doubt about it hackers twice in the past couple of days.  (spectated them after they killed me in suspect ways and both of them were using aimbot/wallhack combos without question)

I know it happens more in the higher skill lobbies but with my paltry 1.3 K/D, I was able to duck it for the most part.  pretty freaking lame.

Users who are viewing this thread