Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

• Replies 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SlaX

• Insein

• NewlyRetired

• STEADYMOBBIN 22

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Saga of Tornado Man (continued):  Episode 2: The Butcher and Leap Tornado Man is growing into his role as a leader.  This is most readily seen by his consistent use of the phrases, "This way.

And this is the mentality that keeps me from playing MP most of the time.

So you bought and flipped 2 xboxes at exorbitant prices, and now you’re complaining about the secondary market for PS5s?

10 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

Any Warzone guys seeing an obvious jump in cheating this weekend?

It had been months since I saw someone that i suspected of cheating and I've been killed by slam dunk, no doubt about it hackers twice in the past couple of days.  (spectated them after they killed me in suspect ways and both of them were using aimbot/wallhack combos without question)

I know it happens more in the higher skill lobbies but with my paltry 1.3 K/D, I was able to duck it for the most part.  pretty freaking lame.

I haven’t played in a few months, but am on console. I’m not sure if console cross plays with PC or not. That said, I had a few suspect deaths here and there but attributes it to Keyboard/mouse Xbox players and not cheaters. 

I will ask this in here.  Have any of you gotten a custom controller for a ps4?   Kid doesn't really need a Scuf or anything, but mentioned that it would be cool to get a Dualshock or something slightly better that has some graphics on it.  (would prefer NBA something).  

On 11/28/2020 at 5:25 PM, TheFanatic said:

I got the PS4 in my cart but it was gone before I could check out. So yep, I grabbed one off the secondary market. And I didn't even get a reach around when I paid for it and picked it up. 

I hope it was a PS5.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
18 hours ago, Foosball God said:

Looked at the secondary market for the PS5 and holy crap what a markup.  I'd really like to get one before Christmas but no way I'm paying those prices.

Same.  I keep missing drops.  I don't understand how Amazon has not had any for sell since release day.  That doesn't make sense to me.  

20 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Same.  I keep missing drops.  I don't understand how Amazon has not had any for sell since release day.  That doesn't make sense to me.  

Best Buy was only selling online. Only to go to the website...."Not available"

I have been playing Vigor for xbox. It's a little janky, feels like a preview game, but is addicting and fun! Dayz meets The Long Dark kind of. Plays up to 3 in trios and has a base building rpg element mechanic that is nice. Super fun and free.

On 11/30/2020 at 1:46 PM, Foosball God said:

Looked at the secondary market for the PS5 and holy crap what a markup.  I'd really like to get one before Christmas but no way I'm paying those prices.

You could get a "photo" of one on ebay for not so cheap...

https://www.ign.com/articles/ebay-ps5-photo-scam

• Thinking 1

PS5 guys. Will I be able to run an hdmi from my direct tv box to my ps5?

right now I think my Xbox 1 does that because I turn on my Xbox and everything turns on. I prefer this. Hopefully I won’t have to go ps5 to back of tv hdmi 

2 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

PS5 guys. Will I be able to run an hdmi from my direct tv box to my ps5?

right now I think my Xbox 1 does that because I turn on my Xbox and everything turns on. I prefer this. Hopefully I won’t have to go ps5 to back of tv hdmi 

Don’t think so. Xbox One had both HDMI in and HDMI out. Neither of the new consoles have this. 

Edited by East Coast Bias
Just now, East Coast Bias said:

Don’t think so. Xbox One had both HDMI in and HDMI out. Neither of the new consoles have this. 

Weird why would they go backwards. 

so I’ll have to run 2 cables?

DTV to TV back 

PS5 to TV back 

Just now, Gottabesweet said:

Weird why would they go backwards. 

so I’ll have to run 2 cables?

DTV to TV back 

PS5 to TV back 

When Xbox One came out they wanted it to be your entertainment hub. You could “snap” live tv to the right side of your screen like Picture in Picture. It went away a few years ago but was still built into the hardware.

I run all mine through a receiver but yes cables for each. 

5 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

When Xbox One came out they wanted it to be your entertainment hub. You could “snap” live tv to the right side of your screen like Picture in Picture. It went away a few years ago but was still built into the hardware.

I run all mine through a receiver but yes cables for each. 

Thanks. Not the best with this stuff. For 5 years the Xbox has been running. All wires hidden in the wall. Tv wall mounted. Another project to take the tv down and figure out what’s where so it’s not a mess for the kid on Xmas 

On 11/16/2020 at 1:33 PM, TLEF316 said:

While I'm sure the paying of players (or rather, not) was a factor in the games going away, the unfortunate reality was that despite their quality, they just didn't sell that well.  They usually released right around the same time as their pro counterparts (which cannibalized sales) and the casual fan would always prefer being able to play with "their guys" rather than faceless "college players". (even though they were modeled on the actual rosters and could be edited)

The last college basketball game (EA, 2010) only sold 155K copies. That's nothing. I'm sure 2k8 (obviously a far superior game) did better, but not nearly enough to make it worth their while when they can just put more resources into NBA2K (which makes them stupid amounts of money)

Add in the fact that micro-transactions from Ultimate Team are the main revenue driver on sports games and I just dont see college games coming back.

Despite its flaws, College Hoops 2k8 is probably my favorite game of all time. (certainly my favorite sports game)   I've tried to go back and play it a couple of times over the years, but its just too dated for me now.  (the insane skill curve in 2K now is more than my fully employed 37 year old self wants to deal with, but the game play of 2k8 is overly simplistic now) It would be freaking awesome if they re-made it on the current 2K engine (and just tweaked some of the stuff that was wrong with recruiting and player development) but that's a pipe dream.

Ed O'bannon disagrees

Today O’Bannon, 45, resides in Las Vegas with his wife and their two children. He loves the game of basketball, and looks forward to watching the NCAA tournament. But O’Bannon’s five-year battle against the NCAA permanently altered how he watches and how he perceives the college game.

“I’ve grown up,” he told me during a recent interview. “I’ve had certain experiences since we won our championship in ’95. I look at the game through a completely different lens.”

As a result of winning the suit, EA Sports took video games featuring college players out of stores.

NCAA 14 sold over a million copies

Edited by belljr
17 minutes ago, belljr said:

Was lucky to grab a PS5 preorder on release day.

Not going to lie it's pretty freaking sweet

What are you playing, and how would you describe the jump to the new generation?  Anything stand out?

Also, out of curiosity, did you get the version with the physical drive or the all-digital version.  Thoughts on that so far?

16 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

What are you playing, and how would you describe the jump to the new generation?  Anything stand out?

Also, out of curiosity, did you get the version with the physical drive or the all-digital version.  Thoughts on that so far?

I bought Demon Souls just because I wanted a true looking next gen game.  I'm currently playing a mix of PS4 and PS5

PS5

Wrc Racing, Demon Souls, Madden PS5

PS4 

Ghosts of Tsushima, The Show, PGA2K

The biggest thing for me is the controller, it is fantastic. I really like how they incorporated the haptic feedback and speaker.

Another positive is it just feels more fluid. Even the PS4 games feel a touch crisper (could be recency bias) I know Madden gets knocked but it looks great to me. I had madden for the xbox one X and it was the first one I bought in a long time). I'm still only playing on my 1080p projector but it looks great.

I got the disc version. In hindsight probably didn't need to.  I got the disc because in the past you could find better deals with disc vs digital. Now that seems to be closing up.

Also load times are fantastic. Not a fan of the new dashboard but that's just will take time to get used too.

Even with the shutdown, I found myself being meh on gaming. I'm sure the "new car" fun is part of the reason I'm way into it again.

I was going to wait like I did with the ps4 but got lucky and am glad I did.  Not a ton next gen yet but glad I got it 

Looking forward to cyberpunk.

Most of the games I bought were 50% off so I couldn't resist lol

Edited by belljr
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, belljr said:

Also load times are fantastic. Not a fan of the new dashboard but that's just will take time to get used too.

Looking forward to cyberpunk.

I'm on the Xbox Series X, but I have similarly found the load times to be as advertised.  I get maybe an hour a few times a week to play, and it's shaved probably 5-10 minutes off loading times per game session for AC Odyssey.  And my kids like to dabble in 4-5 games at the same time; they can switch instantly between them and just play, which is pretty cool.

I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk too, but I think I'm going to make myself hold off for now.  It sounds like they are still mightily struggling to get rid of the bugs in that game, and in any event, I might as well wait until they've optimized it for this expensive new piece of hardware I bought.

8 minutes ago, thecatch said:

I'm on the Xbox Series X, but I have similarly found the load times to be as advertised.  I get maybe an hour a few times a week to play, and it's shaved probably 5-10 minutes off loading times per game session for AC Odyssey.  And my kids like to dabble in 4-5 games at the same time; they can switch instantly between them and just play, which is pretty cool.

I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk too, but I think I'm going to make myself hold off for now.  It sounds like they are still mightily struggling to get rid of the bugs in that game, and in any event, I might as well wait until they've optimized it for this expensive new piece of hardware I bought.

Load times are a game changer. Especially with Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. Just fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Greedo said:

Load times are a game changer. Especially with Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. Just fantastic.

Agree 100%. Out of habit, when I die I go to grab my phone to look at Twitter or something while it loads. Now the game is back on before my phone is even in my hand. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Got a PS5 yesterday.  Walked into a local WalMart and walked out within minutes w/ a PS5.  

Let me know if someone cares enough to know the trick I used on the app to find stock.

We would all like to know the trick. I want to use it for a Xbox please and thanks. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

We would all like to know the trick. I want to use it for a Xbox please and thanks. 

So yesterday several WalMarts were getting stock to sell in stores according to online reports and sights like Brickseeker.

Then WalMart pulled the PS5 from the website and app.  At one point Brickseeker was also down or not able to report stock.  This was probably due to people showing up in stores and making a stink about knowing PS5s were in stock but couldn't be sold.  

However, I saw a quick note online from someone which paid off for me.  

When using the WalMart app, the PS5 would still pull up by barcode and it would show local store stock, my closest one being out of stock.  So I changed stores and it showed the same thing.  I pulled up around 5 stores around me before finding one that had stock. I drove there not really expecting to be able to buy one.   

As I was walking up to the electronics desk an employee was carrying a PS5 from the back to the desk.  He told the guy waiting at the desk he wasn't sure if he could sell it, but he was able to and the guy paid for it.  (Then the customer lamely tried to get a second one and the employee sent him away.)  I then asked for one and the employee went to the back and got it.  I paid and was out of the store within five minutes.  

Anyway, this app trick appears to have been patched.  I tried it this morning and the app says the product is unavailable and will not show store stock.  

Good luck.

• Like 1

There is no way that Cyberpunk is going to run well on the PS4.  This is a game that I should absolutely wait on until I get my hands on a PS5 and the game gets patched for it.

The drawback of that strategy is that it doesn't result in me playing Cyberpunk right now.

Kind of torn here . . . 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I used an app called HotStock on my phone. It gives notifications of items in stock and a link to order. Was able to get an xbox using it. I do think some of it was fortunate timing, but it certainly helped. l have it turned off now, but was getting semi-regular notifications of new stock up until I turned it off.

• Thanks 1

My original plan was to wait on getting a PS5, at least until spring or maybe summer. But my OG PS4 is having overheating problems to lead to a bunch of stutter if it’s been on a while and lots of audio cutting in and out. I’ve cleaned it all out but don’t really feel like trying to replace the thermal paste. So a PS5 now is suddenly much more tempting if they were actually able to be purchased.

Which system and why? 

Im pretty set on getting a Xbox X. Ive always thought they have had either the best system or at least the best gaming experience. Ive owned a Sony PS1, PS2 and borrowed the PS3 & PS4. PS1 and PS2 were great experiences but once Gears of War came along and online gaming became a thing with consoles I just found that the gaming experience was far superior in the XB. 

So with that said... Why should I buy a PS5? 

Im not asking to be a smart ### or to troll. I’m just making sure I get the best system this time around. I won’t be buying both like in years past. I simply can’t find anything on YouTube or reviews that aren’t embarrassingly biased. I can’t help but wonder if most of these people are paid to make their entire review to just on big propaganda piece for either company. 

So the best that I can summarize things right now is a list of pros and cons on how I see them. I hope others can set me straight....

XB Pros:

-Robust online and multiplayer experience.

-Game Pass

-(Allegedly) The more powerful system 

-Quiet

-Quick play feature (allows you to go to recently played games and start off almost immediately are where you left off without rebooting the entire game)

XB Cons

-Doesn’t sell as well as the PS

-Reliability issues were a problem with the 360 (A decade later people are still put off) 

PS5 pros

-Currently have better exclusives 

-Outsells the XB by a large margin (More gamers to play with)

PS5 Cons

- (Allegedly) A less powerful system 

- PS store inferior to Xbox Live

-Fan is loud 

Let me know where I’m wrong and what I can add to each. TIA. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
28 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Which system and why? 

Im pretty set on getting a Xbox X. Ive always thought they have had either the best system or at least the best gaming experience. Ive owned a Sony PS1, PS2 and borrowed the PS3 & PS4. PS1 and PS2 were great experiences but once Gears of War came along and online gaming became a thing with consoles I just found that the gaming experience was far superior in the XB. 

So with that said... Why should I buy a PS5? 

Im not asking to be a smart ### or to troll. I’m just making sure I get the best system this time around. I won’t be buying both like in years past. I simply can’t find anything on YouTube or reviews that aren’t embarrassingly biased. I can’t help but wonder if most of these people are paid to make their entire review to just on big propaganda piece for either company. 

So the best that I can summarize things right now is a list of pros and cons on how I see them. I hope others can set me straight....

XB Pros:

-Robust online and multiplayer experience.

-Game Pass

-(Allegedly) The more powerful system 

XB Cons

-Doesn’t sell as well as the PS

-Reliability issues were a problem with the 360 (A decade later people are still put off) 

PS5 pros

-Currently have better exclusives 

-Outsells the XB by a large margin (More gamers to play with)

PS5 Cons

- (Allegedly) A less powerful system 

- PS store inferior to Xbox Live

PS5 also has lots of reports of being very loud, with coil whine, fan noise or both. By all accounts, the X is quiet as a church mouse.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Greedo said:

PS5 also has lots of reports of being very loud, with coil whine, fan noise or both. By all accounts, the X is quiet as a church mouse.

Thanks - also added the quick play feature the XB has that allows you to go back to previously played games and start almost immediately where you left off (w/o rebooting the game)

41 minutes ago, Greedo said:

That’s so bizarre. Early reviews I had read raves about how quiet it was. So I did some Googling and it seems that Sony doesn’t put the same fan in every unit.

Fo whatever reason (supply chain issues, cost, whatever) Sony used up to 5 different fans in its systems and they’re not all exactly the same. Some have more fan blades than others and that affects how loud they are.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Thanks - also added the quick play feature the XB has that allows you to go back to previously played games and start almost immediately where you left off (w/o rebooting the game)

I think this is a pretty easy call - PS5 has the better exclusives for the foreseeable future and if you really want to play any of those, it’s a no brainer to get the PS5. If not, there’s no reason to leave the Xbox ecosystem. Game Pass is compelling and if Bethesda starts putting out Xbox exclusives, that will be another strong reason to stay on that platform. Quick resume is pretty amazing and the machine isn’t hideous. 

I'll end up with an xbox at some point. My one x is about 2-3 years old.  I know xbox is supposed to be more powerful but early games gave a slight edge to PS5.  The quick resume on ps5 is weird. You can jump in to theast game you played or use the cards to jump to a certain point of other games. Its not true xbox with quick resume. But with the load times I barely notice now. Either one will be awesome

14 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I've been in the PS ecosystem for a while and I'm basically locked in because of backwards compatibility.  

I believe both systems are basically the same as far as being 'powerful'.  New games will play in HD at 60fps, anything else won't really matter.  My PS5 is quiet as a mouse.  PS5 also has the quick play feature, I can be playing a game within 10 seconds.  (Takes a little longer for online connectivity.) 

PS does charge for online play access through PS+.  It's $60/year if you buy it in 12month increments at full price, you can usually find discounts from that.  PS+ also allows you to 'buy' 2-3 free games/month which you can play as long as you're a PS+ member.  The free games are not new, but are either old AAA titles or newer small games.

I find the PS store to be fine, but I do hear the Xbox one is better.  

If online matters to you, play what your friends play.  If you don't really play online with friends, then it really is a matter of preference but it seems PS is pulling ahead in number of exclusives and people playing online.  

I hope this helps.  

I'm not a Sony fanboy, but I'm happy w/ my PS5 and I've been in the PS ecosystem since my PS2.  

Oh, if you're a sports game player...  MLB the Show is amazing and will no longer be a PS exclusive this next year.  Highly recommend.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

There is no way that Cyberpunk is going to run well on the PS4.  This is a game that I should absolutely wait on until I get my hands on a PS5 and the game gets patched for it.

The drawback of that strategy is that it doesn't result in me playing Cyberpunk right now.

Kind of torn here . . . 

PC ftw!

• Like 1

Kind of torn here . . . 

I have my PS5 now...  but my wife has asked me to wait until Xmas for Cyberpunk...  Ugh...  and the new Spiderman also...  going to be a great winter!

Kind of torn here . . . 

I've got an XBOX X and I might wait on Cyperpunk too.

I guess the Super High Def version of the game that my console will love is not available for download yet and might not be for several months.  So I play the low rez version or wait. 

15 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Cyberpunk has all the markings of a colossal flop. Way too much hype. I hope I’m wrong cause it looks cool even though I’m all but finished with first person perspective only games.

Reviews I've read are all praising it pretty highly.  The IGN one mentioned some annoying bugs and such but was very impressed with it overall.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Reviews I've read are all praising it pretty highly.  The IGN one mentioned some annoying bugs and such but was very impressed with it overall.

I imagine there will be a lot of patches early...  maybe it will be best that I have to wait until Xmas...  

I've also read reports (from PS5 reddit) that the Xbox versions don't run very smooth...  consider the source, but not good...