What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (4 Viewers)

Just finished AC Valhalla and am getting into CyberPunk 2077. Very early, but have serious issues with CP--too much story and too much jumping around.  Love Red Dead Redemption and the AC series.  Thoughts from anyone else?
In the beginning of it too. So far it seems very cool, but I can see the cellphone and calls/new missions/etc getting annoying. Kind of like my real phone. We'll see how it goes.

so finally finished the main story in Witcher 3, loved this game and wish I could play more.  Hoping the DLCs fall for Christmas.   Only thing I messed up was not going after Radovid so his guys took over and killed Emhyr whoops.  I preordered CyberPunk and have a PS4 Pro so might play okay but my intention was to wait for patches especially based on the feedback.

Now playing Control which is a good single player story.  Over the weekend my brother and I started Division 2 which has a good pace for us older gentlemen as opposed to COD.  Cooperative, slower paced and detailed.   After Control is done I might just start with Days Gone or maybe I'll finally go back and finish the main story line in Fallout 4.

I’m putting Cyberpunk 2077 down and coming back once they’ve fixed this thing.

3 of my current quests are glitched and can’t be completed, the constant crashes have gotten old, and my character has suddenly gone bald. 
What is the issue with them? I haven't looked a whole lot into what is happening so are these game breaking things? Previously I have only heard about pop in textures.

I’m putting Cyberpunk 2077 down and coming back once they’ve fixed this thing.

3 of my current quests are glitched and can’t be completed, the constant crashes have gotten old, and my character has suddenly gone bald. 
Does one of those quests crash as soon as you get in the car with panam?

My guy has gone bald as well.

Real life simulation game.

I was talking with a friend today about the game and he said his character....how do you say, became a Ken Doll a few hours into the game due to a glitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Cyberpunk is being pulled from the PSN store by Sony because of the state of the game and how many people are requesting a refund. They are also offering refunds to anyone that wants them. Yikes.

Apparently Cyberpunk is being pulled from the PSN store by Sony because of the state of the game and how many people are requesting a refund. They are also offering refunds to anyone that wants them. Yikes.
Wow.  I'm sure this has happened before, but I've never heard of something like this for a AAA release.  Glad I held off.

I've had lots of house stuff going on so I haven't really played more than the first hour or so of 2077.  There wasn't any glaring problems on the PC side, but granted I'm not in too deep yet.

I remember when Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas were borderline-unplayable on PS3.  It's hard to believe that they released this game in an even rougher state than those.

Fallout 76 was pretty bad at launch as well and there has never been a bug free bethesda game at launch that i can recall. I quit playing the game about 2 months after launch, but supposedly it is a much better game.

World of Warcraft Classic was the worst at launch, completely unplayable for the first week.

Diablo 3 was pretty bad the first couple weeks.

Halo Master Chief still is bug riddled years later

No Mans sky wasnt necessarily buggy but was not what was promised. Even a year later after a few patches it was still not living up to promises. I played it a bit a year after release and was disappointed. Supposedly it is better now, but i am not going back.

Remains to be seen if they can pull off a Hello Games type resurrection
I think so. The game itself is awesome but the original No Mans Sky had bugs AND criticism of the game itself. (Full disclosure, I'm one of the 5% that liked NMS). Bethesda sort of benefitted in a way with low expectations. Bugs and janky graphics just sort of became their thing. I love 76 but can't really play it because it truly is designed for teams.

Hmmmm.  My home desktop is about 15 years old and starting to get kind of slightly unreliable.  The main issue is that it randomly loses its internet connection for no obvious reason -- a restart typically fixes it, but it's becoming a frequent enough issue that I'm starting to think about replacing it.  (Also, shutting down the machine and restarting means a good 15 minutes or so of ####ty performance while God-knows-what updates in the background). 

So now I'm sitting here with a bunch of money that I didn't spend during the pandemic because, well, the pandemic, burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm thinking why not spring for a gaming PC?  I've done enough research to know that now is a bad time to be in the market for a graphics card because the new ones are impossible to find.  That's fine; I don't need to make any decisions today.  I also know for sure that I'm still going to want a PS5 regardless.  I don't really care for multiplayer games much.  This would be about getting a rig good enough for strategy games like XCOM that just don't carry over well to consoles, and RPGs like Skyrim that would seem to benefit heavily from the added power and mods that you can get on PC.  (I use XCOM and Skyrim as examples of the kinds of games I'm talking about -- I'm sure it would be easy to get a machine that handles these specific titles, but obviously I would want to select something with an eye toward a hypothetical XCOM 3 or Elder Scrolls Whatever).

Anybody here have any good, current how-to guides or general advice?  I'm mainly just weighing my options at this point.

Edit: I'm working under an assumption here that strategy games and RPGs place fewer demands on PC hardware than, say, shooters and action games.  If that's wrong, please correct me.  The main thing is that I feel like I'm missing on the "good" version of games like Darkest Dungeon and Disco Elysium because my current machine staggers and wheezes when I fire up Minesweeper.

Try using PS. Now for PC before buying a PS5   

I've been playing Days Gone that way, and it's not perfect but it's okay. 

If you preorder a AAA RPG going forward, you’re kind of a sucker. Almost none of them are ready to go on launch day, even the ones that are eventually remembered as great. 

As someone who only has game time on weekends, and only a few hours at that, the mere quantity of content in AC: Odyssey may well keep me busy for  year. Sheesh. Over 50 hours in and so many land masses I haven't even touched yet. My map is full of little diamonds full of ! and other such icons. It's almost overwhelming. I have to tell myself to take "breaks" and knock out some of the main stories. In fact:

I just met momma for the first time.
I stopped because it was too overwhelming. At least with Vahalla the map is still fairly big but it's not overbearing either. Getting to quests also takes less time if you don't have a fast travel and going to certain places makes sense. Odyseessy would have you go from one end of the map after one Main story quest to the other end of the map. Got ridiculous as it seemed every 3 or 4 mins I was engaged in ship battles. 

What is the issue with them? I haven't looked a whole lot into what is happening so are these game breaking things? Previously I have only heard about pop in textures.
Some people are experiencing glitches in graphics like censored blurred faces, 200 shots to kill one enemy, glitched quest, game crashes etc. its worse for some more then others. Apparently they made the game for next gen but didn't realize the concept of how they made it it was too powerful for the PS4 too handle. They removed it from the PSstore and refunding gamers now. 

I remember when Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas were borderline-unplayable on PS3.  It's hard to believe that they released this game in an even rougher state than those.
This game reminds me of this years WWE2k20. Glitched and bugged a ton. I didn't have as many issues as some but did come across it. WWE2K is apparently taken this year off as there was no WWE2k21 released and 2K devs said they are hoping to comeback with a much better improved game from last year. Taking notes and suggestions from fans and based on the last update 3-4 months ago it seems like some of the big changes fans wanted maybe finally put in the game. 

From what I hear Cyberpunk is not too bad on the new gen consoles, just the PS4 and Xbox One.  They rushed to deliver for the new consoles at the expense of the older ones.
Yep that was the cause. They had a timeline and not sure why they didn't push it back. Division 2 and Ghost Recon the last one delayed the games a few months do to issues before they were released. 

I stopped because it was too overwhelming. At least with Vahalla the map is still fairly big but it's not overbearing either. Getting to quests also takes less time if you don't have a fast travel and going to certain places makes sense. Odyseessy would have you go from one end of the map after one Main story quest to the other end of the map. Got ridiculous as it seemed every 3 or 4 mins I was engaged in ship battles. 
I put about 20 hours in Odyssey and just couldn't take it any more.  Ubisoft has a very distinct formula for how it builds games, and I always feel like I've played this game before within 15 minutes of starting a new one.

One of my quests to chase down the automated taxis is broken. It just drives around a roundabout and I can’t interact with it.

On another, the person I’m supposed to kill is stuck in a wall.

On another, the person I’m supposed to talk to advance the question just sits there and I can’t interact.

Oh and there’s also the constant crashing. Like once every two hours of play. This is on a PS4 Pro. 

I am playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.  I played the previous one 6-7 years ago and liked it.

The new one was on sale in the Playstation store for 6 dollars, so why not.

I am already disappointed that the major choice you made at the end of the previous game is not reflected in the current story. They should have followed Dragon Age's and Witchers lead and let you choose some of the events that happened prior to the game.

Yep that was the cause. They had a timeline and not sure why they didn't push it back. Division 2 and Ghost Recon the last one delayed the games a few months do to issues before they were released. 
My guess was to boost sales of the new gen consoles for Christmas. A lot of people were anxious to play this game and get the full experience on the new hardware. They probably got bonuses in their deals with MS and Sony to get it out for the holidays.

It sounds like the development teams knew it wasn’t ready, and said as much. CDPR leadership wouldn’t listen, and here we are. I’ll still buy it at some point for the Series S, but will wait for patches and a low, low price.

Fallout 76 was pretty bad at launch as well and there has never been a bug free bethesda game at launch that i can recall. I quit playing the game about 2 months after launch, but supposedly it is a much better game.

World of Warcraft Classic was the worst at launch, completely unplayable for the first week.

Diablo 3 was pretty bad the first couple weeks.

Halo Master Chief still is bug riddled years later

No Mans sky wasnt necessarily buggy but was not what was promised. Even a year later after a few patches it was still not living up to promises. I played it a bit a year after release and was disappointed. Supposedly it is better now, but i am not going back.
Well, certainly nothing is bug free.  I remember when playing Ultima VI it had a game stopping bug - the game forgot to give you some item after a big fight.  I actually sent my save game back to Origin by mail and they adjusted it for me.  That was their fix.   :lmao:   At this point in time looking back I have to completely appreciate that.  ZOMG what a mess that must have been.

As far as CP2077 I have it (free as part of BB buy 2 get one), but no next gen system (damn bots).  I'll just wait until it gets worked out.  Luckily I'm not at that age anymore where this stuff riles me in the slightest.

It sounds like the development teams knew it wasn’t ready, and said as much. CDPR leadership wouldn’t listen, and here we are. I’ll still buy it at some point for the Series S, but will wait for patches and a low, low price.
If the company was smart they would put it back out at a lower price and anyone who bought it at the initial full price refund them the extra. It'd be a good PR move and thanks for your loyalty to the consumers who bought the game already 

DJackson10 said:
I think this is why I do so many side quests. I start the long sail somewhere and then something catches my interest ("Squirrel!!!) and next thing I know I am doing another 17 side quests on some new land mass. As far as ship battles go, I have actually had very good luck just avoiding ships that come in to view. I divert around them and they leave me alone. About the only ship battles I have really done are ones I instigated, either for a quest or to take out a cult member.

Anyone tried Greedfall? Looking for something to scratch that Fallout/Skyrim/Witcher itch and it’s on Gamepass. Reviews are mixed.
I hadn’t even heard of it until you mentioned it now. I ran downstairs and started the download. If it’s anything close to the Skyrim or Witcher experience, I’ll be a happy man.

It really is a shame the Cyberpunk launch is as bad as it is. They've been building this game for 6-7 years. How could they have NOT been optimizing it for the current gen systems? That's all there was when they started. 

It really is a shame the Cyberpunk launch is as bad as it is. They've been building this game for 6-7 years. How could they have NOT been optimizing it for the current gen systems? That's all there was when they started. 
It makes you wonder if they were shooting for next gen based on anticipated specs, and leadership made them account for old gen as best they could to capture a lot more dough. 

At the end of the day, corporate greed and shortsightedness has screwed the m.

I hadn’t even heard of it until you mentioned it now. I ran downstairs and started the download. If it’s anything close to the Skyrim or Witcher experience, I’ll be a happy man.
I downloaded it last week but completely forgot until I saw it last night. I suppose we can try together and give the FFA a quick review!

I downloaded it last week but completely forgot until I saw it last night. I suppose we can try together and give the FFA a quick review!
I got about 10 minutes into it and set it aside. The walking control alone is just terrible. It reminds me of Asassins Creed, at least the earlier ones. It’s difficult to turn, basically you can only walk in a straight line whichever way you’re facing. Ugh.

Anyone tried Greedfall? Looking for something to scratch that Fallout/Skyrim/Witcher itch and it’s on Gamepass. Reviews are mixed.
I was considering it this past summer when on sale, but reviews all said the same thing. Not bad, not good. Just very average all around. Have you played Dragon Age: Inquisition already? Or the LOTR games?

My buddies are all having a good time on PC, they are 40+ hours in. They have recent gen i7's and one has a 1070 and the other a 2080 video card. They said that they have not had any bugs yet.

My buddies are all having a good time on PC, they are 40+ hours in. They have recent gen i7's and one has a 1070 and the other a 2080 video card. They said that they have not had any bugs yet.
Yeah I hear it’s a really good game. Just don’t try to play it on an old ### console.

Users who are viewing this thread