Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

If anyone is in the PlayStation ecosystem and has PS+ and either has a PS5 or is planning on getting one, definitely make sure to go into the Ps Store and check out the PlayStation Plus Collection. A bunch of really great PS4 games that you can add to your library for free and then download onto your PS5. But the offer runs out towards the end of April.

They also have their PlayStation at Home giveaway going on and those are for even non-PS+ members to add to their library and for both PS4 and PS5 owners. There are 9 games currently available until April 22nd including:

Abzu

Enter the Gungeon

Rez Infinite (PlayStation VR optional)

Subnautica

The Witness

Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PlayStation VR)

Moss (PlayStation VR)

Thumper (PlayStation VR optional)

Paper Beast (PlayStation VR)

Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition is also being added to that list on April 19th.

22 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

So still looking for the PS5, but question I have for the people that have one. Are you concerned about the storage capacity or do you think an external HD option will be forthcoming? 

I have to believe a system update will eventually drop that will allow an external storage to be used. I have a 2TB external for my PS4 games and it is money.

I did transfer The Show 17,18 and 20 to my PS5 HDD to get the full performance treatment on those games as well as Ghost Of Tsushima. 

But yes. I agree. Use of an external HDD is needed badly. Storage is not great on the PS5. 

There is supposed to be a firmware update this summer to allow additional storage. It’s definitely needed.

I do think developers will figure out ways to condense things too though. The latest COD got so bloated it was like 200GB. The update that came out yesterday, if you uninstalled and reinstalled the game, brought it under 100GB.

1 hour ago, Courtjester said:

So still looking for the PS5, but question I have for the people that have one. Are you concerned about the storage capacity or do you think an external HD option will be forthcoming? 

Not really.  I have like 5 games installed with room for more.    I don't need more then that installed at one time 

I'm in between games and consoles (waiting to upgrade my XB1), so I finally popped in Witcher 3 GOTY Edition and am finishing the updates. I've heard great things so I'm excited to give it a go...

2 minutes ago, joker said:

I'm in between games and consoles (waiting to upgrade my XB1), so I finally popped in Witcher 3 GOTY Edition and am finishing the updates. I've heard great things so I'm excited to give it a go...

Hell yeah that game is dope.  Play gwent bro

Played with my friend’s Xbox... the snap feature or whatever it’s called where you can go back and fourth between games with zero load times is a game changer for my short attention span. 

Load times are insane. I wouldn’t even play games in recent years because I didn’t want to watch loading screens.

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Thanks 2

Firware set for this summer will allow for internal hdd upgrade. There is an expansion slot that is supposed to be super easy to install an sdd 

There are currently no plans for external use for PS5 games.   I currently have an external ssd with my ps4 games and barely notice a difference

1 hour ago, joker said:

I'm looking forward to doing another run through that game once the next gen graphical updates get released.  Last I checked there wasn't an ETA on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Days Gone is free on PS+ this month so I downloaded it and got a start on blowing some Freaker's heads off. I read through some of the plot maybe 1/3 of the game just to see what I was getting into. When the Demo and game announcement first came out I was pumped till I found out it was another Zombie apocalypse type game. I wasn't that excited anymore and I'm not a huge zombies guy nor do I get the infatuation with this trend since I grew up with some very good Vampire movies and will even watch horror films with English subs if afforded on those. Waited till I could play this game for free and boy is it different than other Zombie games. 

I like open world but always felt a lot of these games had way too much stuff. DG isn't overwhelming. I think I had did one walk through and that was to find the bunker at Bear Creek and that was after 10 mins looking for it myself. Destroy an infestation area and got some upgrades already. I ran out of scrap on a bat with nails I was really into and lost the bat. I played a bit Friday night and then yesterday did a few YouTube beginner tips and such. Thank god I did so as I learned a few good things. I really need to go back to Copeland to upgrade my gas tank though. I'm still figuring out how to upgrade the weapons like guns though. 

I really like the storyline and flashbacks and love when you pause the game it tells you how many days are gone since you last saw Sarah. During flashbacks it's 0 Days Gone. When you go back to current events it has 600 something or where you are at. Realized early on it's better to go after the nest at night. They are stronger at night but not as many out. I was afraid they'd be too strong at night but during the day despite weaker they are overwhelming in numbers especially without the right weapons. 

I dislike some of the gun play as it seems funky at times and combat is a bit stiff. Overall I'm enjoying it. Not overall scary but a few moments that are surprising that make you jump as it was unexpected. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 1:17 PM, DJackson10 said:

Days Gone is free on PS+ this month so I downloaded it and got a start on blowing some Freaker's heads off. I read through some of the plot maybe 1/3 of the game just to see what I was getting into. When the Demo and game announcement first came out I was pumped till I found out it was another Zombie apocalypse type game. I wasn't that excited anymore and I'm not a huge zombies guy nor do I get the infatuation with this trend since I grew up with some very good Vampire movies and will even watch horror films with English subs if afforded on those. Waited till I could play this game for free and boy is it different than other Zombie games. 

I like open world but always felt a lot of these games had way too much stuff. DG isn't overwhelming. I think I had did one walk through and that was to find the bunker at Bear Creek and that was after 10 mins looking for it myself. Destroy an infestation area and got some upgrades already. I ran out of scrap on a bat with nails I was really into and lost the bat. I played a bit Friday night and then yesterday did a few YouTube beginner tips and such. Thank god I did so as I learned a few good things. I really need to go back to Copeland to upgrade my gas tank though. I'm still figuring out how to upgrade the weapons like guns though. 

I really like the storyline and flashbacks and love when you pause the game it tells you how many days are gone since you last saw Sarah. During flashbacks it's 0 Days Gone. When you go back to current events it has 600 something or where you are at. Realized early on it's better to go after the nest at night. They are stronger at night but not as many out. I was afraid they'd be too strong at night but during the day despite weaker they are overwhelming in numbers especially without the right weapons. 

I dislike some of the gun play as it seems funky at times and combat is a bit stiff. Overall I'm enjoying it. Not overall scary but a few moments that are surprising that make you jump as it was unexpected. 

Really fun game.  I got a platinum on it.  It's one of the rare games that is very fun to play and the platinum is not overly hard.  Enjoy.  

Oh, and always upgrade your gas tank and bike when you can.  Gun upgrades can wait.  Also always get scrap when you can, but scrap doesn't respawn in cars.  Keep that in mind.  Some melee weapons chew through a lot of scrap, but they were still some of my favorite weapons.  

• Thanks 1

April PS5 update will add external hard drive support for PS5 games, blog.

The update will be released tomorrow.  

I know this has been discussed a decent amount in this thread already.  

I'm still holding off on getting an external hard drive for now as I still have around 100 gb free.  MLB the Show 21 has already downloaded to my PS5 and it's 'only' around 55 gb.  Seems developers are learning how to make the games smaller. 

On a side note, MLBTS21 preinstalled both PS4 and PS5 versions at 55gb each.  I'm keeping the PS4 version for now, but in the future I want the option to not auto install the PS4 version of games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I'm still holding off on getting an external hard drive for now as I still have around 100 gb free.  MLB the Show 21 has already downloaded to my PS5 and it's 'only' around 55 gb.  Seems developers are learning how to make the games smaller. 

On a side note, MLBTS21 preinstalled both PS4 and PS5 versions at 55gb each.  I'm keeping the PS4 version for now, but in the future I want the option to not auto install the PS4 version of games.

Meh you can't play them on the external so I guess it's better than nothing

On 3/31/2021 at 3:31 PM, mrip541 said:

I'm talking forums, news sites, that kind of thing. But they're totally fine letting me watch actual gameplay. Just seems a little weird.

Yeah, I hate this.  I can waste all day on ESPN, or tons of other sports sites, but a sight like IGN or PS Store are blocked.  Strangely enough Steam isn't blocked.

54 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Mass Effect Legendary looks great.  I'm one who thinks the ME trilogy was one of, if not the best story/game in video game history....so I'm looking to get this....although playing thru it again might get tedious.  

No way! :) I've played through it a few times, and I'm already looking forward to see how the new version upgrades the original game.

2 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

Mass Effect Legendary looks great.  I'm one who thinks the ME trilogy was one of, if not the best story/game in video game history....so I'm looking to get this....although playing thru it again might get tedious.  

I love the series, but if it’s only some mild graphical enhancements, I’m not sure I’ll jump in again. 

4 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

There is an option on the store.  I downloaded only the PS5 option of Madden.  The show was only the PS5 for the standard. Maybe it's a setting, I'm not sure

Edited by belljr

6 hours ago, belljr said:

Meh you can't play them on the external so I guess it's better than nothing

6 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Oh.  Didn't even catch that part.  Weak.  Even a bigger reason for me to hold off for now.  

Why is this a big deal? You wouldn't want to play on external anyway, as it would severely affect performance. And the announcement says you can swap games back and forth easily.

1 minute ago, -arcK- said:

Why is this a big deal? You wouldn't want to play on external anyway, as it would severely affect performance. And the announcement says you can swap games back and forth easily.

I'm still waiting on the new internal HDs to be approved.  There's a M.2 slot in the PS5 that is very easy to access.  For now I'll just keep waiting.  

I do see your point, but I also just don't really want an external HD at all.  

10 minutes ago, -arcK- said:

Because the internal is too small. I have all my ps4 games on the external and they run just fine

Played Paper Mario, Origami King all weekend with my son. Very addictive but not really good for children imo. Nothing inappropriate but some of the puzzles/battles are very complex and a lot of the dialogue is too "advanced".

8 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I'm still waiting on the new internal HDs to be approved.  There's a M.2 slot in the PS5 that is very easy to access.  For now I'll just keep waiting.  

I do see your point, but I also just don't really want an external HD at all.  

Ah I see. Complete misunderstanding on my part. I thought the "Even a bigger reason for me to hold off for now" comment meant you were going to hold off on a PS5 altogether. My apologies...

But I totally get you regarding the m.2 slot. Hopefully they get that sorted out sooner rather than later.

In the meantime I'll use a 1TB external SSD I had originally installed in my PS4 pro. Not ideal but better than nothing while we wait.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, belljr said:

Because the internal is too small. I have all my ps4 games on the external and they run just fine

Well yeah, they run just fine on a PS4 because the bus speeds between internal and external are minimal performance-wise. But on a PS5 the difference is staggering.

1 minute ago, -arcK- said:

Ah I see. Complete misunderstanding on my part. I thought the "Even a bigger reason for me to hold off for now" comment meant you were going to hold off on a PS5 altogether. My apologies...

But I totally get you regarding the m.2 slot. Hopefully they get that sorted out sooner rather than later.

In the meantime I'll use a 1TB external SSD I had originally installed in my PS4 pro. Not ideal but better than nothing while we wait.

Gotcha. Yeah, I wasn't very clear.  If there was a way to play PS5 games on an external HD I would consider it at some point, but ideally I'm going hold out for the internal.  

I've had a PS5 since early December.  I don't play a whole lot of different games so my stock internal HD isn't full yet.  

My internal 2TB SSD is still in my PS4 that I gave to my daughter at college.  She's enjoying years of my PS+ downloads.  Not gonna lie, I got a little emotional when she took that PS4 out of the house.  

2 minutes ago, -arcK- said:

Well yeah, they run just fine on a PS4 because the bus speeds between internal and external are minimal performance-wise. But on a PS5 the difference is staggering.

I haven't noticed much tbh. But I think we're all on the same page. I had ps4 games internal that I transferred to an external SSD to test.  Load times and graphics were negligible to me.

I am playing on only a 1080p projector though not 4k

Edited by belljr

Just now, belljr said:

I haven't noticed much tbh. But I think we're all on the same page

Yeah I absolutely agree with you that right now the internal size is a pain... mine is maxed out. Sorry if I sounded dismissive. I could be wrong but it seems like it would be a nightmare for dev optimization to adjust all the asset loading and streaming if a game could be played on 2 vastly different bus speeds. Either way, not much we can do other than swap back and forth until they figure this internal expansion thing out.

• Like 1

Here's the saga of the PS5 that I bought my son.

He used to play Fortnite and stream on my main account. 

After purchasing PS5 for him, he wanted to change his Fortnite name so I went to link it to a new child account. Apparently you can't do that so I emailed Epic and they say they can do it for me once every 12 months.

So I create a child account, Epic transfers everything over and I assume I'm good to go.

But apparently not because there is no way for a child account to stream to YouTube. 

So I would have to create a new account for him and lie about his age which is no big deal to me but then he wouldn't have all his Fortnite stuff linked.

So he's basically ruined his whole PS5 experience now.

Edited by jobarules

11 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

My internal 2TB SSD is still in my PS4 that I gave to my daughter at college.  She's enjoying years of my PS+ downloads.  Not gonna lie, I got a little emotional when she took that PS4 out of the house.  

Ha! Can certainly understand that!

But in my case, mine was a PS4 pro jet engine and I was so ready to karate kick that thing into the street.

My GF got an Occulus 2 a couple months ago to play w her brothers.   Pretty fun.   Recently got a game called "Swarm" and I'm hooked.   I don't know how I don't get motion sickness playing this game.  It's Spiderman with dual wielding auto pistols meets space invaders.   It's incredible.  Never felt more like Neo in the Matrix. 

10 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Really fun game.  I got a platinum on it.  It's one of the rare games that is very fun to play and the platinum is not overly hard.  Enjoy.  

Oh, and always upgrade your gas tank and bike when you can.  Gun upgrades can wait.  Also always get scrap when you can, but scrap doesn't respawn in cars.  Keep that in mind.  Some melee weapons chew through a lot of scrap, but they were still some of my favorite weapons.  

Now I'm having trouble with the Drug Run from Skizzo. Gonna try something different tonight and maybe check out a walkthrough video. For me it's always some obvious thing I don't see or didn't try to begin with 

10 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Side not for MLBTS21. If you are interested in stadium builders it's only included in the PS5 version of the game 

6 hours ago, belljr said:

Decided to buy The Show.  Was going to wait.

Downloaded pretty quick.  I only bought the standard edition so I have to wait until Tuesday

I bought the JR version but only because I think I might spend more time on some cards. Nothing big and won't be putting money into it. Just disappointed Stadium builder isn't in the PS4 version 

4 hours ago, jobarules said:

Here's the saga of the PS5 that I bought my son.

He used to play Fortnite and stream on my main account. 

After purchasing PS5 for him, he wanted to change his Fortnite name so I went to link it to a new child account. Apparently you can't do that so I emailed Epic and they say they can do it for me once every 12 months.

So I create a child account, Epic transfers everything over and I assume I'm good to go.

But apparently not because there is no way for a child account to stream to YouTube. 

So I would have to create a new account for him and lie about his age which is no big deal to me but then he wouldn't have all his Fortnite stuff linked.

So he's basically ruined his whole PS5 experience now.

It gets so confusing with the Epic account layered on top of whatever console you are using. When my stepson first started playing on ps4 he declined to create an account through Epic, so when he got a PC and he wanted to use that same account we had to go down a rabbit hole to figure it out. If you didn’t create an account through Epic when he first started on the PS4 I think you can fix it. 

12 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Side not for MLBTS21. If you are interested in stadium builders it's only included in the PS5 version of the game 

The stadium thing doesn't interest me that much.  I may play some of the ones others make,  time will tell.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I bought the JR version but only because I think I might spend more time on some cards. Nothing big and won't be putting money into it. Just disappointed Stadium builder isn't in the PS4 version 

That's the version I got for PS5 as well, I think.  I got the digital $99 version. I won't spend any more money, but I like the boost that the more expensive version gives at the start.

I also took the day off Friday so I can start playing tomorrow night at midnight and spend all day Friday playing.  :nerd:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

That's the version I got for PS5 as well, I think.  I got the digital $99 version. I won't spend any more money, but I like the boost that the more expensive version gives at the start.

I also took the day off Friday so I can start playing tomorrow night at midnight and spend all day Friday playing.  :nerd:

Didn't take off I usually do but I wasn't sure what day I want version I wanted yet 

I want to get a Switch soccer game for my son who is not very good at soccer or video games but loves both. Any recommendations?  My instinct would be to buy whatever current FIFA game but if there is an older version that is better for some reason would love to hear it.  

Thanks!

Saw the avengers game for 20 bucks so finally decided to try it. Spent the first half-hour as a teenage kid trying to locate 5 comic books until I couldn’t take the boredom any more. Definitely what I wanted to do, can’t understand the bad reviews. 

May never play it again. 

Finally started Hades a couple of days ago.  I say "finally" because I think I've seen dozens of general "this is a great game and you absolutely have to play it" mentions of this title over the past few months, but the few gameplay videos I watched made it look like a Diablo clone, at least to me.  Then I found out that it was made by the same people who made Transistor -- which I enjoyed a lot -- and so I gave it a second, more in-depth look and eventually said hey why not.  Anyway, it definitely delivers.

Hades is a rogue-lite where you work your way through procedurally generated levels to eventually escape the underworld.  As you play, you gather resources that you can use to level up your character and weapon.  Most of those level-ups just last for that particular run or even just a few encounters, and they expire after you die, but some are permanent.  The permanent boosts make the game pretty accessible for people like me who don't have great video game skills -- the early levels become very easy once you've played for a bit since you've gotten better at the core gameplay and also since your character is just intrinsically stronger.  The temporary boosts make each run play differently since they affect gameplay and your character's build quite a bit. 

The best I've done so far is that I've made it about 2/3 way through the third and final area.  My understanding is that beating the game the first time is sort of a very long tutorial that opens up more replay options.  A successful run is only going to take 30-40 minutes, so it makes for a game that can be played in little chunks if you want, or you can just go over and over again.  

Also the art style and voice acting are awesome and typical of Supergiant games.  

It appears that the Xbox is crushing Sony on everything except for the controller and the first series of exclusives. Sony will still outsell the Xbox but the lack of available consoles is allowing Xbox to close the sales gap. Hard to imagine.