What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

It appears that the Xbox is crushing Sony on everything except for the controller and the first series of exclusives. Sony will still outsell the Xbox but the lack of available consoles is allowing Xbox to close the sales gap. Hard to imagine.

Saw the avengers game for 20 bucks so finally decided to try it. Spent the first half-hour as a teenage kid trying to locate 5 comic books until I couldn’t take the boredom any more. Definitely what I wanted to do, can’t understand the bad reviews. 

May never play it again. 
I'm having a hard time deciding what my price point on this one is. First it was 30, then 20... but that keeps dropping the more I learn about it.

I might just might wait until it's free.

I'm having a hard time deciding what my price point on this one is. First it was 30, then 20... but that keeps dropping the more I learn about it.

I might just might wait until it's free.
I haven’t picked it back up since I made that post and I had some time over the weekend, so things aren’t looking good. 

Anyone heard of plans to release this game on consoles?
It's a small studio, but I'm assuming this game will come to consoles at some point.  There's no obvious reason why it would be hard to port -- it's not a particularly resource-intensive game or anything, and it's not a mouse-and-keyboard title.  

It's a small studio, but I'm assuming this game will come to consoles at some point.  There's no obvious reason why it would be hard to port -- it's not a particularly resource-intensive game or anything, and it's not a mouse-and-keyboard title.  
Other hack and slash games have made the jump, so I hope you're right. Will definitely give it a go whenever that happens. Looks fun.

I've been playing Immortals Fenyx Rising on PS5. I'm about 10 hours into it. The gameplay seems to be clearly inspired by Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but with a Greek mythology theme. I'm enjoying it. There's a roughly two-hour prologue that introduces the game mechanics, and then it lets you roam. The map is huge. It's one of those games that doesn't nag you about completing the next objective in the story, so I tend to just wander around checking out cool areas and dungeons. A nice feature is that I got to the boss of one of the large dungeons, but he kept killing me pretty easily, and I found out the game lets you leave the dungeon, and if you return, you immediately go back to the boss fight without having to go through the dungeon again. A gripe I have with the game is it seems to be light on explaining some of the mechanics, so I've had to use google to figure some of the stuff out. It's not Zelda-level by any means, but it's pretty fun.
This one took me about 80 hours to complete, including most of the side quests. (For me, 80 hours of game time translates into two months.) If you like the Zelda-like, go-anywhere, climb-anything type of games, this one was pretty enjoyable. For me, the measure of a good game is if you're away for a few days and you start to miss firing it up, and that was true for me. My main complaint is that quite a few of the dungeons require the type of platforming where you have to nail rote actions like "jump on moving platform, jump to avoid laser, land back on platform, double jump and fly, etc" that require timing everything perfectly, or you die. I hate those. But overall it was definitely worth playing. The DLC has gotten so-so reviews, so I doubt I'll play those.

I'm at $9K in the bank right now. One I want to get my permit and see if I can drive. From this property my dad wants to give me this junk '84 Chevy Cavalier which is absolute garbage and was already told it's not worth investing anything in it. It doesn't have a Digital radio and being so old even if I do get my license and want to put a radio in it like Sirius (which I sub to already) probably couldn't even get it to work. I'm wonder if they have one of those adapters for phones they had for iPods and such where you put a cassette tape in the cassette player in the car and the adapter hooks to your phone MP3 player. If I could do that it's cool but honestly I might want to invest in a better car eventually plus insurance. 

I have some $$$ coming my way from Tax returns (getting a .40C raise at work I believe starts this coming week) and the proeperty my dad is selling we are doing an estate sale this month. So all and all if my taxes are the same as usually and the extra $$$ I'm getting from this estate sale I could be looking at almost $10.5K or more give or take. My investment for my "me time" is a PS5. It looks like a good 4K tv is in the $300 range. maybe just fit a 42" in where my HDTV is. So I know this is gonna run me close to what $900 right there. Depending on accessories I might get I might hold off on the 4K tv at least. If I'm good at driving see what kind of care I could get eventually  

The new resident evil is so good.   Got it for ps5 and loving it.   Lots of elements from re4.   Really creepy like re7.   Lots of fun.  Highly recommend 

I'm half way down Days gone in the militia camp and hadn't run into any of the bugs until now. Luckily I saved a lot but it's annoying that this game has been out for 2 yrs and still has some of the same bugs it had when it first came out 

I'm at $9K in the bank right now. One I want to get my permit and see if I can drive. From this property my dad wants to give me this junk '84 Chevy Cavalier which is absolute garbage and was already told it's not worth investing anything in it. It doesn't have a Digital radio and being so old even if I do get my license and want to put a radio in it like Sirius (which I sub to already) probably couldn't even get it to work. I'm wonder if they have one of those adapters for phones they had for iPods and such where you put a cassette tape in the cassette player in the car and the adapter hooks to your phone MP3 player. If I could do that it's cool but honestly I might want to invest in a better car eventually plus insurance. 

I have some $$$ coming my way from Tax returns (getting a .40C raise at work I believe starts this coming week) and the proeperty my dad is selling we are doing an estate sale this month. So all and all if my taxes are the same as usually and the extra $$$ I'm getting from this estate sale I could be looking at almost $10.5K or more give or take. My investment for my "me time" is a PS5. It looks like a good 4K tv is in the $300 range. maybe just fit a 42" in where my HDTV is. So I know this is gonna run me close to what $900 right there. Depending on accessories I might get I might hold off on the 4K tv at least. If I'm good at driving see what kind of care I could get eventually  
yeah Djax you can get those - just google iPhone cassette adapter - should be a bunch that pops up on amazon.   your question brings me back... i had so many wires going in a 93 pathfinder.    good luck on the permit and hope you get the license also.

I'm half way down Days gone in the militia camp and hadn't run into any of the bugs until now. Luckily I saved a lot but it's annoying that this game has been out for 2 yrs and still has some of the same bugs it had when it first came out 
What bugs?  I played last Fall and never had any issues on my PS4 (not pro).  It did make my PS4 sound like a jet engine a lot of the time tho, guess it was really pressing the processing power.

Happen to have the day off work today, so I'm booting up the Mass Effect LE.  Don't remember the last time I've actually played a game on release day.  Looking forward to seeing what they've done with it.  Owning all the other games i'm not sure it's "worth the money", but I'm sure i'm going to enjoy playing again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need a new gaming headset with mic for my daughter's birthday. Any recommendations for something in the $50-$60 range? Bought one last October and apparently it isn't very good. Her friends especially can't hear her mic well.

This is the one I bought before:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RMSM477/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_J4Y2KCTN5W16PH0T167Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'm aware you can go way up in price but I'm not looking to.
Computer or console?  It sucks to go up in price, but sometimes it s worth it.  We went through headset after headset for our son (13 years old) trying to save money.  Last year for Christmas, we spend more than we normally do and got these for him Turtle beach headphones and the have held up well.  They work good for xbox, are blue tooth and maybe someone can else can answer if they would work on CPU.

Good luck with headphones.

Happen to have the day off work today, so I'm booting up the Mass Effect LE.  Don't remember the last time I've actually played a game on release day.  Looking forward to seeing what they've done with it.  Owning all the other games i'm not sure it's "worth the money", but I'm sure i'm going to enjoy playing again.
So far it's much of the same. It's nice to have uprezzed graphics and slightly better combat in ME1 so far. Plus the boost is nice on the mako to get up those pesky steep hills. The removal of drunk sniping makes combat way easier. 

Computer or console?  It sucks to go up in price, but sometimes it s worth it.  We went through headset after headset for our son (13 years old) trying to save money.  Last year for Christmas, we spend more than we normally do and got these for him Turtle beach headphones and the have held up well.  They work good for xbox, are blue tooth and maybe someone can else can answer if they would work on CPU.

Good luck with headphones.
Thanks. PC.

I picked this up too, but I haven't really started it yet.  Just did the character creation bit and the first tutorial.  I'm hoping to get rolling today if at all possible.  

I loved ME2 and ME3.  (Well technically I loved 99.95% of ME3).  Never played ME1 since I was on Playstation when these came out the first time.  I know the first game isn't the strongest in the series, but I'm looking forward to playing through the whole trilogy in one run this time.  It's weird, but I've kind of forgotten how the various classes and abilities play out.  I went with an Infiltrator even I sort of remember liking some other class better but now I can't recall which one.

Starting my Mass Effect Remastered Run as soon a I finish up Ghost of Tsushima. I am on Island 3. The upscale on the PS5 is simply amazing. 

Anyway.....It has been MLB 20 and Ghost for a while.

I am sitting out MLB 21. Totally pissed off they removed Sounds Of The Show and Year to Year saves. I have 1000’s of hours invested in my Year 5 Yankees Franchise, 1987 Yankees franchise and a few others I have been carrying forward since MLB 16 and 17. Screw them (SDS). I also am not fond of the direction the game has taken design wise. 

MLB 20 on the PS5 plays like a dream and I have dozens of classic rosters to keep me busy for years. And plenty of great franchises going.

Need a new gaming headset with mic for my daughter's birthday. Any recommendations for something in the $50-$60 range? Bought one last October and apparently it isn't very good. Her friends especially can't hear her mic well.

This is the one I bought before:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RMSM477/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_J4Y2KCTN5W16PH0T167Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'm aware you can go way up in price but I'm not looking to.
Ended up buying this one for 79.99. Sounds like it has a long history of being a solid choice.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_530DTC6JHSS2KQ636ZAB

Will wait for ME Trilogy sale. No need to play it immediately as I have a huge backlog. But very excited. Never played them, but my buddy's younger brother was always a massive fan of it and hyped them up to me during its initial run.

ShamrockPride said:
Will wait for ME Trilogy sale. No need to play it immediately as I have a huge backlog. But very excited. Never played them, but my buddy's younger brother was always a massive fan of it and hyped them up to me during its initial run.
I'm waiting as well. I've played 2 and 3 but never went back after they supposedly "fixed" the ending. It's been a long, long time since so it will be fun to start fresh and play straight through. But like you I just can't justify the expense right now with so much else in the queue. I'm thinking I'll grab it when it drops under 30.

I finished Spider Man Miles Morales today.  Cool ending.  Felt really short.  The Spiderman PS4 game was better.  

I've been playing through the DLC for AC Valhalla.  About to start in on Immortals Fenyx Rising.  

Going to get a copy of Star Wars Jedi Fallen order soon .  I think they're going to have the PS5/Xbox Series X upgrade this summer.

A few notes: 

1.  Gamestop is doing a holiday sale, a lot of stuff 50% off or buy 2 get 1.  Some good stuff on sale.  

2.  A lot of speculation on Twitter that the new Switch was going to get revealed today.  I'm really interested to see it.  My Switch has been sitting collecting dust the last few months as I've played with the newer systems.  

I think I'm only about halfway through this game, and I'm not sure that I'll play it more than once, but this is definitely an interesting palate-cleanser when you're looking for something quirky and unusual.  In a nutshell, Disco Elysium is an RPG where you play as a cop who has to work with his partner to solve a murder linked to a labor dispute.  But that oversimplifies the plot to the point of being abjectly misleading.  Your character is a chronic drunk and drug addict who has just woken up from a three-day bender with drug-induced amnesia, and part of the game is figuring out who you are and how you got yourself into a fairly rotten situation.  

While you're doing that, you talk to NPCs and explore a (very) small city that used to the capital of a communist superpower but is now governed by something vaguely resembling a cross between the EU and the WTO.  The game is extremely political without being too preachy (it's a little preachy admittedly), and you're free to role-play as a communist, free market enthusiast, liberal technocrat, fascist, racist, or whatever.  

I don't believe there's any combat in the game, or at least none that I've encountered so far.  It's all dialog with lots of dice-based skill checks thrown in.  Failing a skill check is no big deal -- it just redirects the story a bit, often in fairly interesting ways, which makes it a nice, low-stress game that you can enjoy when you need a break from more mainstream genres.  This is probably best described as a "point and click" story-based title.

Not sure I would recommend this one for $60 because I'm skeptical of the replay value.  A huge part of the fun is unravelling the story, and while it might be cool to replay the game with a different build and different political choices, I kind of doubt it would be the same.  Still it's a nice title to file away if/when you catch it on sale.
I had never heard of this game before reading the post here, so I looked at some sites and saw some pretty rave reviews about it. My time on the PS5 is limited to whenever my kids aren't using it, which is typically for 60-90 minutes at night before I go to bed. My measure of a great game is one that I can't wait to play -- and then, when I'm playing it, I stay up later because I don't want to stop. Disco Elysium was interesting, but ultimately I can't say I looked forward to playing it every night. (I did get it on sale, which was good.) There is a LOT of dialogue. I found myself skimming stuff just to get through the dialogue tree more quickly. The amount of talking really turned me off. I appreciate that it's vastly different from the open-world games I typically play, but my time is limited to maybe a half-dozen games per year, and this isn't one I'd characterize as "can't-miss." Oh well. 

I had never heard of this game before reading the post here, so I looked at some sites and saw some pretty rave reviews about it. My time on the PS5 is limited to whenever my kids aren't using it, which is typically for 60-90 minutes at night before I go to bed. My measure of a great game is one that I can't wait to play -- and then, when I'm playing it, I stay up later because I don't want to stop. Disco Elysium was interesting, but ultimately I can't say I looked forward to playing it every night. (I did get it on sale, which was good.) There is a LOT of dialogue. I found myself skimming stuff just to get through the dialogue tree more quickly. The amount of talking really turned me off. I appreciate that it's vastly different from the open-world games I typically play, but my time is limited to maybe a half-dozen games per year, and this isn't one I'd characterize as "can't-miss." Oh well. 
This is fair.  It's a quirky game that most likely either grabs you or it doesn't.  It's definitely a "talking to people" game with not a lot of action.

I am excited about E3 this year for the first time in a decade.  New Halo & Mario Golf may be at the top of my list.  I got the Series X with the Game Pass, and they are now starting to talk about games going straight to GamePass.  the new flight simulator is supposed to come to GamePass in September.  I may have to buy a new tv around that time to take advantage of the series x capabilities.

Lots of Battlefield 2042 info out there today.  It's been a very long time since I've played an online shooter, and I'm starting to feel the need to scratch that itch a bit.  

I've been going pretty heavily on Immortals Fenyx Rising.  It's been really fun and relaxing.  

It's exactly what everyone online has said it is.  Breath of the Wild and Assassin's Creed had a baby.  Lot of fun though.

I've also been working through GTA IV.  Never played it on 360.  Got it on Xbox one back in 17 or 18 and just hadn't gotten around to playing it.  Also haven't played GTA V.  Going to try to get through IV before the November release of GTA V remastered.

I've been going pretty heavily on Immortals Fenyx Rising.  It's been really fun and relaxing.  

It's exactly what everyone online has said it is.  Breath of the Wild and Assassin's Creed had a baby.  Lot of fun though.

I've also been working through GTA IV.  Never played it on 360.  Got it on Xbox one back in 17 or 18 and just hadn't gotten around to playing it.  Also haven't played GTA V.  Going to try to get through IV before the November release of GTA V remastered.
I found that Fenyx got a little repetitive with the dungeons and boss fights, but it still held my interest. Once you level up with the godly powers and potions, you can breeze through even the toughest bosses fairly easily. 

Never played it before either. Half way through ME3. Having alot of fun. Like how decision made in ME1 impact you in ME3.

Lots of Battlefield 2042 info out there today.  It's been a very long time since I've played an online shooter, and I'm starting to feel the need to scratch that itch a bit.  
Gotta be honest I think I've moved on from traditional TDM multiplayer. During the pandemic me and my buddies were on Warzone probably 5 nights a week for 12 months straight.

I think going back to a traditional 6v6 kinda thing will feel rather underwhelming. Classic TDM style isn't so team based as much as run around and shoot whatever moves. Not as much of a team dynamic as a BR mode has.

I really think BR is the next evolution of the online shooter, and where most of those games will shift their focus toward this console gen.

Gotta be honest I think I've moved on from traditional TDM multiplayer. During the pandemic me and my buddies were on Warzone probably 5 nights a week for 12 months straight.

I think going back to a traditional 6v6 kinda thing will feel rather underwhelming. Classic TDM style isn't so team based as much as run around and shoot whatever moves. Not as much of a team dynamic as a BR mode has.

I really think BR is the next evolution of the online shooter, and where most of those games will shift their focus toward this console gen.
Is battlefield not doing 24vs 24 anymore?

Is battlefield not doing 24vs 24 anymore?

Player count on the new game is 128 (for PC and Next Gen console).  Its never been a 6 v6 type game. Although they've had TDM modes, (while conquest and rush have always been the focus)  its always been with larger player counts.

There's going to be a squad based mode called "Hazard Zone" (no idea what that is yet) and another mode (yet to be detailed, but not battle Royale).

If you've been playing TDM on battlefield, you're doing it wrong.  They've had it in there, but its basically been to placate the COD fans or to provide a faster paced option for those who just want to rank up.

Player count on the new game is 128 (for PC and Next Gen console).  Its never been a 6 v6 type game. Although they've had TDM modes, (while conquest and rush have always been the focus)  its always been with larger player counts.

There's going to be a squad based mode called "Hazard Zone" and another mode (yet to be detailed, but not battle Royale).

If you've been playing TDM on battlefield, you're doing it wrong.  They've had it in there, but its basically been to placate the COD fans or to provide a faster paced option for those who just want to rank up.
Yeah it's not been 6v6, I'm dating myself there lol, but those games modes (even conquest) have been done to death by now, IMO. I'll read up in the hazard zone thing though. Might be interesting. My point was, I think more small squad focused modes are the direction these games will be going.

Yeah it's not been 6v6, I'm dating myself there lol, but those games modes (even conquest) have been done to death by now, IMO. I'll read up in the hazard zone thing though. Might be interesting. My point was, I think more small squad focused modes are the direction these games will be going.

Gotcha.

I think BF brings something much different to the table (in terms of the vehicles and the destruction, which no other franchise comes close to replicating.....at least when BF doesn't screw it up)  but the battle royale format has certainly changed the game. 

While BF has the big maps and player counts (and lots of cool moments) you dont get those "hero/victory moments" like you do in a squad based BR.  Battlefield has the big scale, but unless you're a jet pilot going 150-0 and just massacring the entire server, you're just kind of a piece of the puzzle. You can be a great infantry soldier going like 30-5, capping tons of flags, taking down tanks, etc.  but if the rest of your team stinks, you're still gonna lose. 

In warzone (and other BR's before it. I cut my teeth in PUBG) , you can pull off an insane snipe or a crazy 1 v 4 clutch firefight that literally wins your team the game.  No other game experience has ever provided me with the heart-pounding rush of the final circle in a BR.

I rally hope this New battlefield is realistic. Looking at the trailer it looks like something from ModernWarfare series of unrealistic stuff. Give me WW1, WW2 or a modern day military experience and stop with the futuristic crap. All you are doing is trying to coddle to amateurism and newtubers and the like. Game play trailer comes out Sunday 

Users who are viewing this thread