What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

I mean....Battlefield has never been "realistic". We're talking about a series where you can revive headshot victims with a defibrillator and do things like this

They just did a WW2 game. It bombed. Before that, they did a WW1 game. It did ok but a large portion of the fan base didn't like the setting or lack of options (since.....ya know....they were limited to 100 year old technology)

The new game is set 20 years in the future, not 100. So I dont think we're gonna see wall running and rocket packs.  But yeah, it looks like they're taking the opportunity to take technology that currently exists (like the prototype weapons, robot dogs and wingsuit) and project (with a little creative license) how they COULD be used 20 years from now.

Cool by me, assuming they balance everything properly. If EVERYONE is constantly flying around with wingsuits and there are 50 robot dogs in every match, that would certainly be annoying, but I dont think that will be the case.

ShamrockPride said:
Gotta be honest I think I've moved on from traditional TDM multiplayer. During the pandemic me and my buddies were on Warzone probably 5 nights a week for 12 months straight.

I think going back to a traditional 6v6 kinda thing will feel rather underwhelming. Classic TDM style isn't so team based as much as run around and shoot whatever moves. Not as much of a team dynamic as a BR mode has.

I really think BR is the next evolution of the online shooter, and where most of those games will shift their focus toward this console gen.
You guys probably killed me a bagillion times during that time.  Sadly, I managed but maybe a dozen wins in solos and 3-4 with randos who don't talk to each other.  It's become a hobby to stay in Plunder and rank up guns :bag:  

They just did a WW2 game. It bombed. Before that, they did a WW1 game. It did ok but a large portion of the fan base didn't like the setting or lack of options (since.....ya know....they were limited to 100 year old technology)
I played the WWI entry for literally like two weeks before moving on.  It's not as if the game sucked or anything, but as a casual fan I couldn't get into the setting and what felt like stone age weaponry.  Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake, but there's lots of other games out there and at some point you just shrug your shoulders, acknowledge that you're not feeling this particular game, and just move on to the next one.  

I totally skipped BF5 and honestly had forgotten that they even made that one.  

Battlefield is pretty much the only FPS I even consider playing.  The scale is awesome and the fact that there are so many players on each side makes me feel better about being very bad at these games -- I'm not really hurting my team much because it's hard for one guy to do much damage in a 32-vs-32 or 64-vs-64 matchup.  And I like the fact that I can help out by reviving people, dropping ammo, playing the objectives, etc.  But it's been a really weird hit-and-miss franchise for me for reasons that are hard to even explain.

Bad Company 2: The first one of these I played.  Probably sank a thousand hours into it.  I think I still have Port Valdez completely memorized.  The Vietnam expansion was top-notch.  It seems to me that this game benefited by not having the ability to go prone, but that's just me.

BF3: I think I gave up on this just from the demo.  Compared to BC2, everything seemed faster than what I was used to or comfortable with.

BF4: This one just clicked with me for some reason.  If you asked to explain why I hated BF3 but loved BF4, I have no idea.  But this is another game that I just played the hell out of.  

BF1: Interesting idea, but it didn't work for me.  I basically set $60 on fire here.

BF5: Now I remember this one -- people were screaming at each other because of the cover art.  The internet was a mistake.

I like the potential of setting the next one in the near future.  I don't want phasers or anything, just balanced gameplay that allows for different playing styles.  

You guys probably killed me a bagillion times during that time.  Sadly, I managed but maybe a dozen wins in solos and 3-4 with randos who don't talk to each other.  It's become a hobby to stay in Plunder and rank up guns :bag:  
A dozen solo wins in warzone is probably more than like 95% of the population.

A dozen solo wins in warzone is probably more than like 95% of the population.
Early on....I was "that guy" who just sat and had 1-2 kills.  The first one was completely dumb luck.  Looking, it's 8 :bag:  and I haven't sniffed one in the last 3ish months.  A few top 10s but I can't battle the vehicles.

I played the WWI entry for literally like two weeks before moving on.  It's not as if the game sucked or anything, but as a casual fan I couldn't get into the setting and what felt like stone age weaponry.  Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake, but there's lots of other games out there and at some point you just shrug your shoulders, acknowledge that you're not feeling this particular game, and just move on to the next one.  

I was basically in the same boat on Bf1. I played the beta the whole time it was available and it just didn't click. It was polished and a nice step forward graphically, but the setting and the design choices just were a big big miss for me. Maybe they changed this at release (and via later patches) but the guns in the beta were too specialized for their various ranges. If you didnt have an SMG, you lost at close range. If you did have an SMG, you were 100% useless outside of like 20 meters.  I know that weapon selection and figuring out when and how to fight is part of the strategy, but it felt like they took it WAY too far.

And taking out tanks with the 100 year old rocket launchers was horrible. You had to lay down, take out the weapon, it took FOREVER to load....it was brutal. No thanks.

As someone who put hundreds of hours into each of BF2, BC2, BF3 and BF4, it was a real kick in the teeth.  It was basically like "Oh well, guess I have nothing to play for the next 2 years" (which then turned into 5 years when the garbage pile that is Bf5 came out)

I mean....Battlefield has never been "realistic". We're talking about a series where you can revive headshot victims with a defibrillator and do things like this

The new game is set 20 years in the future, not 100. So I dont think we're gonna see wall running and rocket packs.  But yeah, it looks like they're taking the opportunity to take technology that currently exists (like the prototype weapons, robot dogs and wingsuit) and project (with a little creative license) how they COULD be used 20 years from now.

Cool by me, assuming they balance everything properly. If EVERYONE is constantly flying around with wingsuits and there are 50 robot dogs in every match, that would certainly be annoying, but I dont think that will be the case.
I honestly don't care about multiplayer. I just want a good campaigns. There hasn't been a great campaign since Battlefield awhile back and COD:MW2.

I really don't want the futuristic 20 year stuff at all. Maybe it's me but it's just not my cup of tea because a lot of these games when they go that route are never anywhere near realistic. Give me something closer to ModerWarfar and I'm cool. I hated all the robots and all in the last COD that went futuristic. Really annoying.  

E3 Today.  Ubisoft going on at 3 PM EST.  So excited to kick things off.  Microsoft and Bathesda going tomorrow.  

Microsoft had the strongest E3 since, well ever really.  Their show with Bethesda was just game after game with two huge takeaways: 1) Game Pass looks like a ridiculously good deal and 2) MS looks like it's going to leverage their acquisition of Bethesda to the hilt.  That purchase is looking like an industry-altering event right now.

Microsoft had the strongest E3 since, well ever really.  Their show with Bethesda was just game after game with two huge takeaways: 1) Game Pass looks like a ridiculously good deal and 2) MS looks like it's going to leverage their acquisition of Bethesda to the hilt.  That purchase is looking like an industry-altering event right now.
It is. And if they're still allowing the $1 upgrade hack, it's even better.

note for those who don't know it:

1) This only works if it's your first time w/ Gamepass. If you have gold (and we all probably do), and then buy gamepass, it will upgrade whatever you have left on your gold sub.

2) So knowing that, before getting Gamepass, prepay for as much "Gold" as you can. I believe the hack works for up to 36 months. I had something like 8 months of Gold left when I did this, so I bought 2 12-month Gold subs from Amazon and activated them. My Gold was extended to Oct 2023.

3) NOW get the "Three months of gamepass for $1" deal -  it will upgrade your entire remaining Gold sub for the $1. I got Gamepass until Oct 2023 for the Gold price plus $1. Saved a few hundred bucks. 

It is important that you do it in this order. If you get gamepass first, then any gold you buy afterwards gets prorated to the normal price.

This worked as of a few months ago, and I think it still does, but check to be sure.

I'm so far out of the loop these days.  I haven't even seen a second of E3 footage yet.   I hope to get a chance to look at things soon.

Lots of great stuff at E3.  Halo confirmed for Holiday season.  Ubisoft showing off new Avatar game.  Starfield from Microsoft/Bathesda.  Guardians of the Galaxy.  Zelda Breath of the Wild 2. 

Agree, Gamepass looks like an absurd deal.

Curious to see when Sony has it's next event/reveal.

So I don't know why I even got this piece of crap game again (Probably since it was 9.99 on the PS Store) but NBA2k21 is so bugged. I spent some coin to get an 85 overall My Career player to start. The overall game play shooting is better as this year shots that should go in are going in for the most part again unlike last year. I had my file corrupt (Happens every year and no other game does this) so I had to delete and re download the dam game which took a full day to do so. 

Just the other day I'm already drafted and I go to play a game. At the NBA2KTV loading screen and my load % is stuck at 32%. Look online for solutions (Hey look same issues as the past 3 F**king yrs!!!!) and decide to delete the game and redownload. I go back and I'm now stuck at 40%.

I sent something to 2k support but this is becoming BS. NBA2K use to be one of the best franchises but it's gone down hill. Now that they know there is no competition they put out a crap game yearly. Their main community guy Ronnie2K is a d-bag who was caught online making fun of DeMarcus Cousins and I know a few people including my cousin who work in the NBA who say most of the players hate this guy. He's that type of person who thinks he's cool because he hangs out with NBA players and such and does all these events. To the players he's an annoying ##### and condescending to people. One of the partnered Youtuber wouldn't sign an exclusive with the company (Meaning he got the game for free and could review it but couldn't say anything bad about the game in general). The YT creator refused and since he wasn't a legal immigrant Ronnie2K threatened to get the dudes Visa revoked and sent back to his home country. Yes thats what he did and 2K is/was ok with this. Ronnie has also had some other dust ups with content creators and they continue to put this guy out there allowing him to lie about content. 

2K is also known for gimmicking their VC and their version of Ultimate team pack cards. They rig it so their partnered Content Creators get all these great players making people and every day gamers think they can do so. It's false advertising that a lot of companies used and one former Content Creator who us to partner with them exposed some of their dirty secretes on this. 

Anyway the game hasn't changed much. This year with the pandemic I was at least expecting some bugs fixed and better lay outs. It's cool they put the WNBA in and you can have a season with the girls and I might do one With Chi since Philly doesn't have a team anyway. However they have done nothing to fix the bugs they routinely have yearly. Hopefully I hear back from 2k tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll just get the company line BS stuff where ultimately they blame the consumer for the mess up and don't admit its an issue on their end. 

The biggest issue I have is everyone who complains about Madden being garbage and think 2K will come in and save the day. Watch 2K gets involved again maybe becomes more popular but eventually they'll do the same thing. Put just enough franchise stuff in to keep the franchise/career mode guys happy but then pump all their funds in their version of Ultimate Team and focus more and more on that as the years go by. Eventually overall game play and franchise becomes 2nd fiddle and people start complaining about NFL 2K being bad. These Ultimate teams are killing the sports video game franchise for us players who play franchise/Career modes and it sucks. 

Has anybody tried Bendy and the Ink Machine? I got it for my son on Switch for his birthday and thought he'd like it since he's taken an interest in the horror genre. It has good reviews. 

Still yet to here from 2K Support. I'll be shocked if I hear from them before Friday my Birthday. If I get their typical Company line I'm going off on twitter with a much detailed longer thread about the above stuff. I use to be an EA Sports NBA Live guy for yrs until right before 2k11 came out. Ended up with both at the time and stopped playing EA. But honestly with what 2K has done the last few yrs its BS and people seriously need to start calling them out. 

Any suggestions or tips on selling or trading in old systems and games?

I have an old PS2 and I think one of the Wiis with games for both systems. 

Can I get any $$$ for them? A quick Google search came back with some sites not sure how reputable they are.

Any suggestions or tips on selling or trading in old systems and games?

I have an old PS2 and I think one of the Wiis with games for both systems. 

Can I get any $$$ for them? A quick Google search came back with some sites not sure how reputable they are.
There’s always eBay. PS2’s still sell for about $100 or more depending on # of controllers, which games, etc.

There’s always eBay. PS2’s still sell for about $100 or more depending on # of controllers, which games, etc.
So I found all the games and controllers....cleaned everything off...plug in the PS2 and NOTHING. Not sure it died or what.  Anyway, I still put the bundle on eBay last night (made it clear that the PS2 wasn't working) and it sold within 30 minutes at my buy it now price. 👍

Now I just gotta work on cleaning off my Wiis and selling them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have this problem? I actually have a whole range of AAA PS4 titles that I didn't finish. Games like Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Uncharted remastered  are just a few examples of the many games I have lying around that I can't seem to bring to finish.

Anyone else have the same problem and how do you cope with it? Does it give you stress or have you accepted it and are you at ease with it?

So I didn't realize Far Cry 6 was coming out. Looks pretty good but I might wait and see if I can manage to get a PS5 by then too. Still a lot of issues finding any. Anyone have any ideas or people they follow on the Twitterverse for these things? I already follow Warrior64 

So I didn't realize Far Cry 6 was coming out. Looks pretty good but I might wait and see if I can manage to get a PS5 by then too. Still a lot of issues finding any. Anyone have any ideas or people they follow on the Twitterverse for these things? I already follow Warrior64 
There's a dude named Jake Randall on Youtube that was really clutch.  

@PS5StockAlerts on Twitter seems to be pretty good as well.  

Has anybody tried Bendy and the Ink Machine? I got it for my son on Switch for his birthday and thought he'd like it since he's taken an interest in the horror genre. It has good reviews. 
Yeah, I had it on Switch.  It's a cute little game--old school 1940's sort of animation.  Like Mickey Mouse goes crazy sort of thing.  I don't think it's too scary/bad/dark for a kid.  You've got some fights, some "go find this" style missions.  It wasn't the best thing I've ever played, but it's a really enjoyable experience.  I thought it was more enjoyable playing it in handheld mode on the switch.

Anyone else have this problem? I actually have a whole range of AAA PS4 titles that I didn't finish. Games like Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Uncharted remastered  are just a few examples of the many games I have lying around that I can't seem to bring to finish.

Anyone else have the same problem and how do you cope with it? Does it give you stress or have you accepted it and are you at ease with it?
I'm in the same boat with a number of those same games. I used to care but I've successfully defeated the completionist that lives within me. My thinking on it now - if I get 20+ hours out of a game, that's not a waste of money even if I don't finish it. No sense in slogging through something just to say you finished it when literally nobody else will ever know or care. I used to stress way too much about my backlog too, now I just pick something and go. If it doesn't take, I'll try something else. 

I don't start a new game unless I finish the one I'm playing (unless I don't want to or plan on beating). Hence, I've got several PS4 games still shrink wrapped from 2-3 years ago.

Wondering those who got a PS5 how much did you pay retail wise? I've found a couple on PS5 Facebook market for a little over $700 in a few spots near me. Messaged a guy who's willing to negotiate his price that lives in my area as well. It might be the best way for someone to go if they are looking for a PS5 soon. Trying to get one before the new games come out in Early Fall 

Wondering those who got a PS5 how much did you pay retail wise? I've found a couple on PS5 Facebook market for a little over $700 in a few spots near me. Messaged a guy who's willing to negotiate his price that lives in my area as well. It might be the best way for someone to go if they are looking for a PS5 soon. Trying to get one before the new games come out in Early Fall 
I was able to get an Xbox by following twitter feed @wario64 that provides stock updates.  There was another one as well I think I posted in this thread.  Turn on your twitter alerts.  You will get some other video game deals spammed, but they post anything about console availability.

I got one at retail price back in early December.  I got lucky and found a way in the WalMart app to find stock in stores and just walked in and asked for one.  (The app has been changed/fixed now.)

I was not willing to give the scalpers any profit.  F them.  

I was able to get an Xbox by following twitter feed @wario64 that provides stock updates.  There was another one as well I think I posted in this thread.  Turn on your twitter alerts.  You will get some other video game deals spammed, but they post anything about console availability.
Yeah I've been following him with alerts on but I've yet to see any Consoles available for awhile 

I got one at retail price back in early December.  I got lucky and found a way in the WalMart app to find stock in stores and just walked in and asked for one.  (The app has been changed/fixed now.)

I was not willing to give the scalpers any profit.  F them.  
One person near me I saw asking for $700 seemed legit. From the description they were pretty honest saying they ended up with an etc one. She put in the description they were both trying to get one for their son's Middle School Graduation present and both ended up with 1 one day apart and didn't tell each other. So I'm trying to go with that one as she said Price can be negotiated lower then set but at least be reasonable and she said her or her husband can meet in person in public for the exchange. They also are metal friends with people I'm friends 

Got bored about halfway through Fenyx Rising.  Cute little game, just eh.  I'm sure I'll come back to it.  

Will probably get geared up on the Star Wars fallen order game sometime this week. 

Main thing at the moment:  The Legend of Zelda Majora's mask.  I played Ocarina of time and beat it.  Never got going on MM.  Been going pretty constantly all day today.  This is the most excited/immersed I've felt in a long time.  

DJackson10 said:
One person near me I saw asking for $700 seemed legit. From the description they were pretty honest saying they ended up with an etc one. She put in the description they were both trying to get one for their son's Middle School Graduation present and both ended up with 1 one day apart and didn't tell each other. So I'm trying to go with that one as she said Price can be negotiated lower then set but at least be reasonable and she said her or her husband can meet in person in public for the exchange. They also are metal friends with people I'm friends 
I thought I saw some Xbox availability at GameStop recently on the feed, bit don't recall anything about the PlayStation.

499 like 4 months ago off wal marts website.    Got two of them

PS5 Rest Mode is hot garbage. Constantly forcing a hard restart of my PS5. It seems tons of people with this issue. I will stop using Rest Mode. Hopefully they can fix it.

Got bored about halfway through Fenyx Rising.  Cute little game, just eh.  I'm sure I'll come back to it.  

Will probably get geared up on the Star Wars fallen order game sometime this week. 

Main thing at the moment:  The Legend of Zelda Majora's mask.  I played Ocarina of time and beat it.  Never got going on MM.  Been going pretty constantly all day today.  This is the most excited/immersed I've felt in a long time.  
Fenyx did get repetitive. That was probably my main gripe against it. 

On what platform are you playing Majora's Mask?

On my 3rd playthrough of Cyberpunk and two criticisms I now agree with.

First, the AI is disappointing. You start seeing patterns even in chaotic combat. Much of the dialogue options and branches remind me of Morrowind era options - yes, you can choose the 2nd or 3rd response, but you're coming back to the first one if you want to move ahead.

The second is the long scenes that get real tedious real fast. Skip Dialogue has become my friend. I'm playing now without allocating any points until I get past certain milestone (with it's own long scenes) and creating a save that will start all future playthroughs.

Still love playing sneaky-hacker and getting through a mission undetected is super satisfying, but so much of the game falls short of its apparent potential.
I've been playing Cyberpunk on and off for the past 10 days or so. I'm probably on the second (?) major mission (Konpeki Plaza). I love to play through on stealth, knocking guys out (but not killing them! I'm not a psycho!) and stashing their bodies, but I keep randomly tripping the "Body Identified: Enemies have been alerted" warning for no discernible reason, which sends bodyguards into a search mode, instead of standing with their backs to me like morons. It's really irritating. It's also funny when you and your partner Jackie are both crouched in stealth mode, trying to be quiet, and he randomly yells, "I'M GONNA GET YOU MUTHA F----S!" and it causes no reaction from the bodyguards. 

I will say that, as a mature gamer of a certain age who gets annoyed when a mission lasts way longer than his bedtime, I appreciate being able to save games mid-mission, which hasn't always been an option in other open-world games. Because these missions are pretty long.

Maybe I'm old. Cyberpunk is confusing as ####
I'm doing an early mission where you have to steal some biochip from the Japanese guy. The mission background was explained to me while I was playing literally a few days ago, but, for the life of me, I couldn't remember why this chip thing was so important or the info it contained. It's like I need a "Previously on Cyberpunk" every time I start the game up. 

So where’s the best place to get a ps5 these days? Wife gets a Target discount, but I never see available online. Weird it’s still hard to get after 6 months.

I've beaten OoT probably like 5/6 times in my life.

MM on the other hand.....lol. I first played it when I was a kid, and got about halfway through it. It's a good game, but for whatever reason I've never gotten around to finishing it. I've just accepted it's on my permanent backlog until I die.

So where’s the best place to get a ps5 these days? Wife gets a Target discount, but I never see available online. Weird it’s still hard to get after 6 months.
I followed some guy on Twitter. Eventually a gamestop bundle dropped and I got it. Bundles are easiest to get because they cost more money.

Followed @PS5StockAlerts and @mattswider (this guy is why I landed one from Costco online).

Grabbed a bundle and paid $599 for the disc console and two games. 

I gotta believe once the semi conductor chip shortage corrects itself they will be readily available at some point. The question is when. 

If you really want one....this is the best way. Use twitter, have accounts for Walmart, Target, Gamestop all set up so all you need to do is the moment you get the restock notification...log in...add one to the cart and check out ASAP. 

It’s crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hooked on Division 2 now that I have PS5 it loads 20x faster and runs smooth.  Not sure if anyone is playing this regularly?  My brother sent me Miles Morales so that will be next on my list when I've worn out the endgame on Div.  Running through the Seasons content now.  

I beat the first run on Resident Evil 2 which was fun but not too inclined to do the Clare run vs play other things.  I also played Star Wars Squadrons on PSVR but it's really not my type of game.

I'm hooked on Division 2 now that I have PS5 it loads 20x faster and runs smooth.  Not sure if anyone is playing this regularly?  My brother sent me Miles Morales so that will be next on my list when I've worn out the endgame on Div.  Running through the Seasons content now.  

I beat the first run on Resident Evil 2 which was fun but not too inclined to do the Clare run vs play other things.  I also played Star Wars Squadrons on PSVR but it's really not my type of game.
Why I stopped playing was the ridiculous load times. One thing I will be happy with is I feel with the amount of time I play I might take off a good hour of waiting for load times with a PS5.

Users who are viewing this thread