What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (6 Viewers)

This is exactly how I was able to get my PS5. The downside is it's a bundle, but you can easily flip the things you don't want. The PS5 bundle was actually awesome. Extra controller, 1yr PS+, Spider-Man Miles and original w/all DLC and Ratchet and Clank.
yeah any game you don't want can be sold. My issue is will be the fact I want a Digital and save myself an extra 100 if I can 

I have over 100+ titles that I've either never started or barely got into.  I've gotten to the point where I accept that I'll probably never play much of them.  I just don't have the time I used to.  On the upside, I barely buy 2-3 new games a year lately.  Which saves a lot of money, but I'm way out of the loop on newer titles.   
I’ve been getting in a few hours of the original State of Decay (from 2013) in a play session like every other week. This is the most I’ve had a chance to play something in the last few years. Being a grown-up sucks.

It's today at 10am CDT, but if you didn't buy your pro membership before today it's hit or miss if it will work.

I looked and its all bundles don't think I want to spend $200 plus more then what I want. Just give me the Digital of $399 plus tax and be done with it. 

DJackson10 said:
I looked and its all bundles don't think I want to spend $200 plus more then what I want. Just give me the Digital of $399 plus tax and be done with it. 
Pretty sure most is fairly easy to flip  but I get it. The bundle made sense since the only game thing in it I was meh about was Ratchet and Clank.

Pretty sure most is fairly easy to flip  but I get it. The bundle made sense since the only game thing in it I was meh about was Ratchet and Clank.

I'm planning on getting digital. I was thinking about maybe getting a disc for any games with a boxset bundle but its very rare anymore and a lot of the boxsets in recent yrs aren't selling as well as they once did. So having a disc player when I hardly own any DVD's and not planning on buying physical games and going all digital as it's easier. So despite the fact the games would be easy to flip I'm spending more money because of an accessory I'm not even gonna use ever. 

Started really getting after it on Jedi Fallen Order.  It got the nextgen upgrade back in June.  It's absolutely fantastic.  

I didn't know the Director's Cut had bonus content :excited:

Also picked up Madden... I really enjoyed last year's.  First one I played in a long time. I figure this would be a good version to get for the PS5 ....

I'm getting Director's Cut Ghost at some point.  Will wait for a discount since I paid a decent chunk for the original game, which already looks great on my PS5, but I need that add-on and new version.

I'm getting Director's Cut Ghost at some point.  Will wait for a discount since I paid a decent chunk for the original game, which already looks great on my PS5, but I need that add-on and new version.
Yeah the 29 is a bit more than I normally would pay but I don't think I bought a game in 8 months

Yeah the 29 is a bit more than I normally would pay but I don't think I bought a game in 8 months
Ah hell. Didn't realize there was a $30 option as it wasn't showing up on the PS store app on my phone. Logged into my PS5 and there it is. Already paid and started downloading.  

I didn't know the Director's Cut had bonus content :excited:

Also picked up Madden... I really enjoyed last year's.  First one I played in a long time. I figure this would be a good version to get for the PS5 ....

They really upgraded Franchise mode with some new stuff such as managing the coaching staff and all again. I got it but it didn't automatically download for some reason so I had to manually and it wasn't loaded all the way at midnight.  Also I hope the soundtrack this year is better. First year I disabled the whole soundtrack of madden since they didn't have the NFL Films classic involved. And as I fire it up I already hate the first song 

Really trying to get a PS5 before OCT though

They really upgraded Franchise mode with some new stuff such as managing the coaching staff and all again. I got it but it didn't automatically download for some reason so I had to manually and it wasn't loaded all the way at midnight.  Also I hope the soundtrack this year is better. First year I disabled the whole soundtrack of madden since they didn't have the NFL Films classic involved. And as I fire it up I already hate the first song 

I like the new Madden a lot (playing on a series X). I love videogame football, and am an every 2/3 year purchaser. I've liked some other Maddens, disliked others, and still keep my 360 around to fire up 2K8 every now and again.

Besides the franchise mode improvements (thank you!) they've made everything better. The gameplay is fantastic - easily the smoothest they've come out with. Madden has always felt a bit janky to me, like I really didn't have full control. This one does not feel that way at all. They also streamlined the menus, and everything just seems to flow better. It's really fun to play. 

Music... yea, get off my lawn with that stuff. I wish you could import your own, or just have the old NFL films music. But then again, I'm a 55 y/o gamer - I'm not their main demo. 

But really good game otherwise. Now to get Todem's sliders. 

I like the new Madden a lot (playing on a series X). I love videogame football, and am an every 2/3 year purchaser. I've liked some other Maddens, disliked others, and still keep my 360 around to fire up 2K8 every now and again.

Besides the franchise mode improvements (thank you!) they've made everything better. The gameplay is fantastic - easily the smoothest they've come out with. Madden has always felt a bit janky to me, like I really didn't have full control. This one does not feel that way at all. They also streamlined the menus, and everything just seems to flow better. It's really fun to play. 

Music... yea, get off my lawn with that stuff. I wish you could import your own, or just have the old NFL films music. But then again, I'm a 55 y/o gamer - I'm not their main demo. 

But really good game otherwise. Now to get Todem's sliders. 

I got a CE Error for my face of Franchise when I'm about to get drafted so I had to delete and redownload hoping it works. I think my PS4 is slowly dying now though which is why I desperately need a PS5 before OCT now 

Walmart has a Series X and PS5 drop at 9PM EST tonight. Hoping to score one tonight finally Hate giving Walmart my money as I disagree with a lot of what they do but this is a rare case. Come OCT it's gonna be hard to get either and I want to save myself some aggravation and not wait to possible next Summer to grab one. 

I play franchise and thats it

Also this is nothing new. 2K is known for this and worst tactics that involved under 18 kids gambling with NBA series. 
I know. But it never changes. EA, Take Two, Activision. They churn out the same thing with minimal changes and charge $60 every year just to get people to spend thousands in micro transactions online. Has Franchise changed that much in the last 5-10 years?

I know. But it never changes. EA, Take Two, Activision. They churn out the same thing with minimal changes and charge $60 every year just to get people to spend thousands in micro transactions online. Has Franchise changed that much in the last 5-10 years?
Yes.  I don't buy one every year because what you mentioned...But first real release on next gen and 22 dumped a ton of stuff into franchise this year

Sure wish I could get my kid to quit SCREAMING into the headphones during online matches.

I've told him many times to knock it off. With the headphones on I don't think he realizes how loud he is. 

Franchise for this next Gen released put a ton in this year. Coaching staff assistant hires, game plan transactions etc. Wish they changed the playbook and added create your own plays but theres a lot there enough to want you to buy it. Also gonna revamp college scouting into regions and similar to Fifa's scouting prospect system 

Sure wish I could get my kid to quit SCREAMING into the headphones during online matches.

I've told him many times to knock it off. With the headphones on I don't think he realizes how loud he is. 

When my brother would play COD MW2 we could hear him clearly yelling all the time but when he talked to us he always mumbled. Tell him if he doesn't calm down no game system for a mouth 

Finished Outer Worlds, which I really enjoyed. I know writing in video games is often overlooked, but it really was spectacular. Some LOL moments.

planning to start Mass Effect Legendary this weekend. Stoked. 

There was a PS5 restock at Target yesterday morning at 8:15am. I could have gotten one to pick up at my local store. Didn't have any intention to but just wanted to see if I could actually add to cart manually. I was able to, but then just removed it lol. Sold out probably about a minute later.

There was a PS5 restock at Target yesterday morning at 8:15am. I could have gotten one to pick up at my local store. Didn't have any intention to but just wanted to see if I could actually add to cart manually. I was able to, but then just removed it lol. Sold out probably about a minute later.

When would the pick up be though? I was thinking about maybe having someone who I trust who is online more then I am during the day to maybe get me one and I'd pay them for it even if I have to pay S/H too to them. 

When would the pick up be though? I was thinking about maybe having someone who I trust who is online more then I am during the day to maybe get me one and I'd pay them for it even if I have to pay S/H too to them. 
I believe it said pick up would be available in about 2 hours. Then from there I'd assume they hold it some time for you....24/48 hours, whatever.

I believe it said pick up would be available in about 2 hours. Then from there I'd assume they hold it some time for you....24/48 hours, whatever.

Yeah I figured they had to do that. GS back in the day and when I worked there I already knew this but if you pre ordered something you have I believe 48 HRS to claim what you bought. if we sold out of that product from none pre orders and you didn't claim your product by the time required you lost it and you better hope that if you get there we didn't sell it to someone already 

Finished Outer Worlds, which I really enjoyed. I know writing in video games is often overlooked, but it really was spectacular. Some LOL moments.
Just getting ready to start this finally (bought it at Christmas). As I get older, I prefer a good story over lots of action, so glad to see your comments. How many hours went in to it?

Angry Joe Angry Rant on Madden 22

A long one so most won't hang in there but the Franchise mode review starts around 18min mark. Looks like they added some features back that had been in the game before but they removed. However still missing a ton from what they used to have like 13 years ago. 

Eta: 34:20 @DJackson10 you'll love this. The simulation put Colin Kaepernick on the Eagles.

41:50 Holy ####! Face #21 is Admiral Anderson from Mass Effect 🤣🤣🤣. He's like 60 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angry Joe Angry Rant on Madden 22

A long one so most won't hang in there but the Franchise mode review starts around 18min mark. Looks like they added some features back that had been in the game before but they removed. However still missing a ton from what they used to have like 13 years ago. 

Eta: 34:20 @DJackson10 you'll love this. The simulation put Colin Kaepernick on the Eagles.

41:50 Holy ####! Face #21 is Admiral Anderson from Mass Effect 🤣🤣🤣. He's like 60 years old.

At this point I think with Franchise mode, many just want to see the cool old features back with updates. Anything else right now is just a bonus for us franchise fans. Also the Madden game highlights for Sim games he has wrong. That was in 2k NFL version when they also had rights to the game. 2K had better graphics but the game play and players always felt really stiff and much slower then real life counter parts. Madden never had actual in game sim highlights. That was 2K. 

One of the biggest issues I heard from a former Madden EA guy was that the system they used to keep a lot of the info wasn't strong enough so they had to like keep taking out certain things if new features were too powerful. With the next generation systems now they had to rebuild the system from the foundation up. the new system they are using for the Series x and PS5 should be able to handle more data put in. 

CK7 rating in Madden last year totally screwed up my somewhat to real life sim last year. I didn't realize the CPU signed him to JAX so they didn't draft T Law with the first pick. He ended up on Cincy for some reason. 

Madden's issue is they think they have to appease certain fans. How many of those CK fans are really buying the game. Yes UT makes them a lot of money but there is a ton of players who play franchise and play it online too. Thats a big part of your fanbase right there. 

12 Minutes - I generally enjoyed this one. It’s a bit of a throw back to the old point and click adventure games that were a big deal back in the 90s, it has an interesting enough premise, and you can play through it in a couple of sittings. I was not a fan of the end game plot twist, and the game suffers some serious issues with repetitiveness in the later stages. It’s a mixed bag, but it’s also a fresh & unique gaming experience. Free on Game Pass too. 

12 Minutes - I generally enjoyed this one. It’s a bit of a throw back to the old point and click adventure games that were a big deal back in the 90s, it has an interesting enough premise, and you can play through it in a couple of sittings. I was not a fan of the end game plot twist, and the game suffers some serious issues with repetitiveness in the later stages. It’s a mixed bag, but it’s also a fresh & unique gaming experience. Free on Game Pass too. 

Leisure Suit Larry!

Moved my 19 year old into his dorm yesterday, old school dorm with cinderblock walls.  As we were unpacking, we kept hearing another student yelling at his game (one example was a 30 second tirade that started "I didn't know I was in a lobby full of complete (fill in the blanks)").  I thought, that's unfortunate to be stuck next to him.  When we finished, we walked down the hall past his room and he was five rooms away.  I'm guessing/hoping once everyone moves in, his behavior will change quickly.

Started playing Siege of Paris AC Vahalla DC. Did a few river raids and they aren't great but the Siege is great. I haven't place Vahalla in months but they definitely made ranking up much quicker and easier then before. Played about 10 hrs Sunday night and Mon during the day combined and ranked up almost 15 pts in that time frame. Either I've gotten really good at this game or they made Paris way too easy. 

Enjoying my franchise with the Bucs. Don’t care at all about all the complaints. They usually just seem whiny. 
Madden 2005 had more features in Franchise than 22 does. They take out features, leave it a shell then add them back one year at a time. Call it new. People pay $60 again. Which is all they care about. Get the slot machine in as many hands as possible. More chance of people buying packs of digital cards that expire in 10 months. 

It's not a football game anymore. It's just mobile game basically. Designed to get as much money as possible from people for as little development as they can. This will be the same game for the next 10 years with a feature that was standard 10 years ago added back to appease the masses. 

We'll never have a real football game again.

Madden 2005 had more features in Franchise than 22 does. They take out features, leave it a shell then add them back one year at a time. Call it new. People pay $60 again. Which is all they care about. Get the slot machine in as many hands as possible. More chance of people buying packs of digital cards that expire in 10 months. 

It's not a football game anymore. It's just mobile game basically. Designed to get as much money as possible from people for as little development as they can. This will be the same game for the next 10 years with a feature that was standard 10 years ago added back to appease the masses. 

We'll never have a real football game again.
I can’t play madden 05 on my Ps5. And I can’t throw it to Mike Evans with Tom Brady if I could. 

I’ve also never spent a cent on feature or digital card or whatever. I wouldn’t even know where to go or what it does. I just put it on franchise and pick the Bucs and off I go. If others are into that then bully for them. 

Played Madden a couple days of go. It's so bad. It's basically just clunky animation after animation. Still on ice. It looks incredible though. IMO the gameplay is just awful and dated. YMMV. 

Played Madden a couple days of go. It's so bad. It's basically just clunky animation after animation. Still on ice. It looks incredible though. IMO the gameplay is just awful and dated. YMMV. 

It's funny you mention the animations. Many in the Madden community feel that the game is coded to where you don't have much control over the output and are just watching a preset animation play out. 

https://youtu.be/Mq4--MOhPxA

Is Madden still way too easy on All Pro and way to hard on All Madden? That's essentially why I stopped playing.
Last year I found all Madden to be awesome.

I played about a season or 2 on all pro, tried some sliders, then went up.  Default was great and a couple small tweaks made it really fun imo

Users who are viewing this thread