What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (4 Viewers)

Saw a review for portal 2 and I had no clue WTF was going on. Weird looking game
Same here. I bought it last night because of the IGN review and Amazon had a $20 off your next game purchase deal, so with Brink coming out in a few weeks it was a no brainer.
You will be blown away by the combination of simple concept and intricate gameplay. Awesome stuff.
I saw the commercial for it last night after I ordered it and I saw that all you do is run around with a robot shooting holes in walls?
That was probably the co-op commercial. But yeah, it's a puzzle game disguised as a FPS. If you don't enjoy puzzle games and being challenged, then you won't enjoy this.
I think the last puzzle game I played was Little Big Planet and I loved that.

So is Portal 2 just puzzles? How long is the total play time? Is it worth it if you have no interest in co-op
It has a storyline, sort of. It's got some good humor. And yes, puzzles.I heard madshot say last night that he read around 9 hours single player play time. If you are unfamiliar with the game (didn't play portal 1), then probably more I would guess.

I don't know how long it is. I'll let you know when I finish.

Seriously, this is a spoiler. Don't read it if you don't want to know anything...

I am NOT kidding.

I thought I was close to being done...and then found out I most certainly wasn't. I really like the change in surroundings that occur at what seems is about halfway through. Cool atmospherics.
GLaDOS is very funny.

"Science has now validated your birth mother’s decision to abandon you on a doorstep."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how long it is. I'll let you know when I finish.Seriously, this is a spoiler. Don't read it if you don't want to know anything...I am NOT kidding.

I thought I was close to being done...and then found out I most certainly wasn't. I really like the change in surroundings that occur at what seems is about halfway through. Cool atmospherics.
GLaDOS is very funny."Science has now validated your birth mother’s decision to abandon you on a doorstep."

Thats kind of like the first game. You thought you were done all the stages and she was going to kill you, then the real game seems to begin.
I have to get this game now.

I don't know how long it is. I'll let you know when I finish.Seriously, this is a spoiler. Don't read it if you don't want to know anything...I am NOT kidding.

GLaDOS is very funny."Science has now validated your birth mother’s decision to abandon you on a doorstep."
Thats kind of like the first game. You thought you were done all the stages and she was going to kill you, then the real game seems to begin.
I have to get this game now.

The first Portal had to be the best game ever in terms of blending puzzles, action and just crazy humor. Loved it.

The first Portal had to be the best game ever in terms of blending puzzles, action and just crazy humor. Loved it.
This was a triumph.I'm making a note here:HUGE SUCCESS.It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.
We do what we must because we can. I'm really glad I played the original this past weekend. Great game, and Portal 2 is probably funnier if you know the backstory.
I have a copy of Portal 1 to gift on Steam for anyone that doesn't already have it. Let me know.

This was a triumph.I'm making a note here:HUGE SUCCESS.It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.
We do what we must because we can. I'm really glad I played the original this past weekend. Great game, and Portal 2 is probably funnier if you know the backstory.
Credits song = :moneybag: X 10000000000

The way GlaDOS delivers her lines is just perfection. :cake:

I have a copy of Portal 1 to gift on Steam for anyone that doesn't already have it. Let me know.
I don't have this, but I'm not hurting for money right now - so if no other takers, let me know.

I don't have this, but I'm not hurting for money right now - so if no other takers, let me know.
Post or PM me your Steam information (just enough information that I can find and add you as a friend. I don't need your password or anything). I have a meeting in a 30 minutes have to prepare for, so I probably won't get to it before then. If no one else calls by then, it's yours.

Post or PM me your Steam information. I have a meeting in a 30 minutes have to prepare for, so I probably won't get to it before then. If no one else calls by then, it's yours.
Are they still giving away the free P1 with P2 purchase?

Post or PM me your Steam information. I have a meeting in a 30 minutes have to prepare for, so I probably won't get to it before then. If no one else calls by then, it's yours.
Are they still giving away the free P1 with P2 purchase?
I think that was only the pre-order deal. Let me check real quick.... Steam still mentions "Pre-purchase includes a free copy of Portal", so you may still get it. It's not a pre-purchase anymore, though, so I dunno. I don't know why they'd keep it on there if not. You don't get $5 off now.

I'll take a steam copy of Portal 1 if somebody else already had it when they purchased Portal 2. Keys posted in here first so I wouldn't want to take Slax's copy over him.

Interesting link -http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=2859151I guess you can get Portal 2 for PC for free after Amazon credit.Good luck to anyone who wants to do it...
I am game to partner up with anyone that wants to get it for the PS3. I need it for PC. The only potential problem I am guessing is access to my Steam account?

Played a few hours of coop last night. What a world of fun that is. The ping tool was a great addition.

Once it got to be about 1 in the morning the suggestions on how to solve certain rooms were getting ridiculous.

Played P2 for about 2 hours last night and I was absolutely blown away by it. First of all I had zero idea that it was just a game of trying to get out of different rooms, secondly I was amazed at how dumb I felt in the first few training areas. Having never played the first Portal I was lost on how the portals worked. I can not wait to get deeper into this game. I had to quit on a room that had air cylinders throwing me from one platform to another trying to catch a box in mid air. It was totally unexpected when I got to it. BIG :thumbup: for this game.

Played P2 for about 2 hours last night and I was absolutely blown away by it. First of all I had zero idea that it was just a game of trying to get out of different rooms, secondly I was amazed at how dumb I felt in the first few training areas. Having never played the first Portal I was lost on how the portals worked. I can not wait to get deeper into this game. I had to quit on a room that had air cylinders throwing me from one platform to another trying to catch a box in mid air. It was totally unexpected when I got to it. BIG :thumbup: for this game.
The thing that amazes me is how your mind adapts to the rules of the game. I played the first game, but when I first started watching my daughter play the second, I couldn't grasp WTH she was doing.But then you start playing and your mind switches to problem solving mode and it's almost...subconscious. Extremely interesting.

It's one of those games that you wish you could experience for the first time more than once. :thumbup:

I'm going to be looking for a Co-op partner on the PC starting Monday or Tuesday night. I won't be able to play through the whole campaign in one or two sittings, so somebody who wants to take a leisurely pace would be best! I imagine Slax will have been through it about 4 times by then.

I'm going to be looking for a Co-op partner on the PC starting Monday or Tuesday night. I won't be able to play through the whole campaign in one or two sittings, so somebody who wants to take a leisurely pace would be best! I imagine Slax will have been through it about 4 times by then.
Would love to, but ill probably be occupied with the gears of war beta at that point.

I remember a comic my mom cut out of a newspaper from around 1987 that was exactly like that. I remember arguing with her that there are Nintendo Councilors (I don't don't how many of you may remember the Nintendo Hotline. I never used it, but I remember seeing the ad in Nintendo Fun Club/Nintendo Power all the time). Back then, I didn't even think about the prospect of beta testers, game designers, game reviewers, etc. Just people who sat there playing games all day waiting for you to call them asking for help getting past the level 8 boss. Ah, fun times.

I remember a comic my mom cut out of a newspaper from around 1987 that was exactly like that. I remember arguing with her that there are Nintendo Councilors (I don't don't how many of you may remember the Nintendo Hotline. I never used it, but I remember seeing the ad in Nintendo Fun Club/Nintendo Power all the time). Back then, I didn't even think about the prospect of beta testers, game designers, game reviewers, etc. Just people who sat there playing games all day waiting for you to call them asking for help getting past the level 8 boss. Ah, fun times.
That would have been an awesome job. Damn gamefaqs ruining a whole industry.

What you need to do is get the best of both worlds - become self-employed in a profitable business where you have your own office, outfitted with a sweet gaming rig, so you can game as you have a few moments throughout the day :)

Finished Portal 2 co-op with Worm last night. Fantastic game and it took about 7 hours with us never getting stuck longer than 5 minutes or so on some of the harder end puzzles. The difficulty level was great. It wasn't to hard and frustrating or to easy once you got past the initial areas. We never had "trust issues" as some may have, but we sure as hell had accidents that killed one or both of us. Also many hilarious fails that we thought would work but then launched, droped, pushed, zoomed, or bounced us into meat grinders(literally), vats of acid, endless pits, 17 shooting bots, or into walls continuously making a giant thudding sound. There are a bunch of puzzles that after you get done doing them your like, "that was awesome!!."

:rockpaperscissors:

Finished Portal 2 co-op with Worm last night. Fantastic game and it took about 7 hours with us never getting stuck longer than 5 minutes or so on some of the harder end puzzles. The difficulty level was great. It wasn't to hard and frustrating or to easy once you got past the initial areas. We never had "trust issues" as some may have, but we sure as hell had accidents that killed one or both of us. Also many hilarious fails that we thought would work but then launched, droped, pushed, zoomed, or bounced us into meat grinders(literally), vats of acid, endless pits, 17 shooting bots, or into walls continuously making a giant thudding sound. There are a bunch of puzzles that after you get done doing them your like, "that was awesome!!." :rockpaperscissors:
I haven't gotten a chance to start on the co-op yet. I can't wait. I'm available tonight if anyone on Steam/PS3 side wants to go.

Finished Portal 2 co-op with Worm last night. Fantastic game and it took about 7 hours with us never getting stuck longer than 5 minutes or so on some of the harder end puzzles. The difficulty level was great. It wasn't to hard and frustrating or to easy once you got past the initial areas. We never had "trust issues" as some may have, but we sure as hell had accidents that killed one or both of us. Also many hilarious fails that we thought would work but then launched, droped, pushed, zoomed, or bounced us into meat grinders(literally), vats of acid, endless pits, 17 shooting bots, or into walls continuously making a giant thudding sound. There are a bunch of puzzles that after you get done doing them your like, "that was awesome!!." :rockpaperscissors:
I haven't gotten a chance to start on the co-op yet. I can't wait. I'm available tonight if anyone on Steam/PS3 side wants to go.
I am very curious how well PS3/PC co-op goes - if there are issues or it is pretty seamless?

I am very curious how well PS3/PC co-op goes - if there are issues or it is pretty seamless?
Does that mean, you're in?

I haven't even purchased Portal 2 yet. :mellow:

I haven't even purchased Portal 2 yet. :mellow:
:smack!: Whatsamattayou!Alright. Just let me know when you do. Still a co-op spot open.

Looking at some video reviews of Portal 2 and I just dont think the game is for me. Looks way too boring/weird. The reviews still make me wanna get it however lol.

Looking at some video reviews of Portal 2 and I just dont think the game is for me. Looks way too boring/weird. The reviews still make me wanna get it however lol.
I don't have Portal 2, but I beat the first game and it's definitely not boring. Weird, probably. But it's mindbendingly fun. It's also interesting to see people's youtube solutions for certain levels. Gamers come up with some really creative paths to get through stages.

Do you have a Steam account?
I dont even know what that is. I have a PS3
Do you have a computer that is decent enough to play 4-5 year old games? This is Steam. Just click install and you can install the client. Create an account for free.

Users who are viewing this thread