What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (7 Viewers)

'Nick Vermeil said:
One week until Infamous 2!
As a makeup for the clusternudge that was the Playstation Network outage, Infamous is one of the games they're offering for free. Worth getting?
Yep. It's not the greatest game ever made, but it's worth a buy at anything below $30 IMO. For free, it's a no-brainer. Good for two complete playthroughs (one good, one evil).
I loved it. The platforming is some of the most accessible I've ever played. You approach any building and just climb it. It isn't a particularly difficult game but it's a lot of fun.

'Nick Vermeil said:
As a makeup for the clusternudge that was the Playstation Network outage, Infamous is one of the games they're offering for free. Worth getting?
Yep. It's not the greatest game ever made, but it's worth a buy at anything below $30 IMO. For free, it's a no-brainer. Good for two complete playthroughs (one good, one evil).
I loved it. The platforming is some of the most accessible I've ever played. You approach any building and just climb it. It isn't a particularly difficult game but it's a lot of fun.
Am I the only one that found the missions very repetitive?

'Nick Vermeil said:
No. That was the major complaint. But the combat mechanics were fun so I could look past that.

I think I need to get a macro keyboard for Magicka, SlaX. When you have 20 goblins running at you, there is no time to type QRAAAAF.

'Nick Vermeil said:
No. That was the major complaint. But the combat mechanics were fun so I could look past that.
:goodposting:My only complaints were that the graphics weren't the best (not bad, but not up to Uncharted standards) and a bunch of missions got repeated over and over again. "Oh look, another murder bus I have to track down and disable. Sorry, babe, but you'll have to get those monitors off your building this time I guess."Good game though. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the sequel.

Chapter 4 of Magicka was a PITA. Let me know when you get there and I can help. The final boss battle is frustrating.

Stupid question.

A buddy of mine gave me his PS3 last week to thank me for doing some work.

I reset all of the settings, etc. and created my account for PSN, etc.

Will I be able to download the 'free' games?

Stupid question.A buddy of mine gave me his PS3 last week to thank me for doing some work. I reset all of the settings, etc. and created my account for PSN, etc.Will I be able to download the 'free' games?
I don't think we'll know for sure until you try it, but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to.

Stupid question.A buddy of mine gave me his PS3 last week to thank me for doing some work. I reset all of the settings, etc. and created my account for PSN, etc.Will I be able to download the 'free' games?
I don't think we'll know for sure until you try it, but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to.
Maybe because he wasn't a PSN user during the downtime for which the deal is supposed be compensating? I'd be surprised if they give new signups the free games offer, but I guess you never know. It's not like I missed the network at all while it was gone and I will definitely be enjoying my loot.

Maybe because he wasn't a PSN user during the downtime for which the deal is supposed be compensating? I'd be surprised if they give new signups the free games offer, but I guess you never know. It's not like I missed the network at all while it was gone and I will definitely be enjoying my loot.
My thought was that I was a 'member' for part of the downtime (week and a half).I could see it going either way. If they don't extend it to me, not a big deal.I will update.

My thought was that I was a 'member' for part of the downtime (week and a half).I could see it going either way. If they don't extend it to me, not a big deal.I will update.
Oh yeah, I forgot the downtime was ongoing. I guess it's possible. Unless of course the compensation is for the 77 million users who had their account info stolen moreso than the service interruption. I'll be curious to see what they do in cases like yours.

According to the playstation blog the Welcome Back Program started today, but when I try to go on the PS Store it says "An error has occurred." Anyone else getting this problem?

Also, how come there's no talk of anything happening at E3 in here? The Shadow of the Damned game looks real interesting to me, kind of like a mix of resident evil and bayonetta. I don't like how they have clearly labelled weak points on all the big bosses though, kind of lame.

According to the playstation blog the Welcome Back Program started today, but when I try to go on the PS Store it says "An error has occurred." Anyone else getting this problem?Also, how come there's no talk of anything happening at E3 in here? The Shadow of the Damned game looks real interesting to me, kind of like a mix of resident evil and bayonetta. I don't like how they have clearly labelled weak points on all the big bosses though, kind of lame.
I was getting the same error, just keep trying and you should get through eventually. You'll keep getting that error intermittently as you use the service. Sony servers are overloaded right now.As for E3 the main excitement for me is seeing what Nintendo's new system is all about. Sounds crazy (not necessarily in a good way) with the controller with built-in 6" touch screen; I am very curious to see what they're planning to do here.

Attention anyone who likes to watch MLG play, here's a link to this weekend's event in Columbus - link

I think that's a Halo: Reach link, but there's also Starcraft 2 and COD: Black Ops streaming. Just figured I'd pass it along.

Downloaded WipeoutHD to my PS3 as part of the free game deal SONY is offering.

(Thanks Anonymous!)

It's a futuristic racing game. Fun, but will probably have a short shelf-life.

It is kid-friendly though. With weapons off and set to the easiest difficulty, my four year old can play it. All he needs to do is hold down the X button and tilt the controller left or right. Navigation is through the left control stick or through the PS3 controller's "Wii-like" motion.

Cool techno soundtrack too.

Just seeing that trailer made so many great memories come back. Hauling 27" CRT TVs to friend's houses for pizza, cheap beer, and 16 person LAN parties all night. :wub:

Theya re going after COD, release a week behind them I believe.

The new Tombraider looks pretty raw.
HAd no clue they were making one, but it looks sweet. At the end they said it had open world environments, which could be really awesome.
God. Kinect is so corny.
The use of kinect in the Ghost Recon title looked pretty interesting. Althought I doubt you could do it for long in multiplayer.
Oh yeah, that actually looked pretty cool. Then he demoed the Kinect controls on the firing range and I was like "ehhhhhhhhhh."

HAd no clue they were making one, but it looks sweet. At the end they said it had open world environments, which could be really awesome.
God. Kinect is so corny.
The use of kinect in the Ghost Recon title looked pretty interesting. Althought I doubt you could do it for long in multiplayer.
Oh yeah, that actually looked pretty cool. Then he demoed the Kinect controls on the firing range and I was like "ehhhhhhhhhh."
Agreed, some of those motions were a bit odd. Fine for single player, maybe. But tiring for multiplayer. The firing motion was the only one thatseemed to make some sense.I really liked the Kinect integration in ME3. I never really gave my teammates orders in combat in ME2. Being able to do it by voice will be nice.

Just seeing that trailer made so many great memories come back. Hauling 27" CRT TVs to friend's houses for pizza, cheap beer, and 16 person LAN parties all night. :wub:Theya re going after COD, release a week behind them I believe.
I hope 343 Industries is rebooting the franchise that way. It would be awesome if they remade it from the ground up and infused it with real storytelling, like in the Halo Legends anime, and not Bungie's version which is like watching paint dry.

I really liked the Kinect integration in ME3. I never really gave my teammates orders in combat in ME2. Being able to do it by voice will be nice.
Also awesome: ruining key, critical decisions late in your friend's game while you're watching him play.

God. Kinect is so corny.
Agreed, some of those motions were a bit odd. Fine for single player, maybe. But tiring for multiplayer. The firing motion was the only one thatseemed to make some sense.I really liked the Kinect integration in ME3. I never really gave my teammates orders in combat in ME2. Being able to do it by voice will be nice.
Similar thoughts here. Kinect is meh imo. But the voice control could be a great component in many games when the motion control is straight gimmick and becomes annoying from just a 2 minute video.

(Thanks Anonymous!)

It is kid-friendly though. With weapons off and set to the easiest difficulty, my four year old can play it. All he needs to do is hold down the X button and tilt the controller left or right. Navigation is through the left control stick or through the PS3 controller's "Wii-like" motion.

I DL'd inFamous and Dead Nation. I played through 3 level of Dead Nation and it's pretty fun so far. It's like SmashTV with zombies.

(Thanks Anonymous!)

I DL'd inFamous and Dead Nation. I played through 3 level of Dead Nation and it's pretty fun so far. It's like SmashTV with zombies.
We got Wipeout and am downloading inFamous (that is taking forever). Wipeout is excellent. My 6 year old loves driving games (Motorstorm lives almost permanently in the PS3). This one will go over well.Is Dead Nation ok for a 12 year old? 6 year old? I almost want to just buy it - looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread